[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gunplay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: images (2).jpg (12KB, 309x163px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
12KB, 309x163px
What does gunplay mean exactly?
What makes good or bad gunplay?

Know any games with one or the other and why?
>>
>>384675562
Realism, but only the fun parts of realism.
>>
>>384675962
Good Gunplay:
>Halo 1-3.
>Destiny
>Battlefield Bad Company 2

Bad Gunplay
>Halo 4+
>COD
>Battlefield 1
>>
>>384675562
I'd say sound design is very important. Even if it doesn't sound realistic, I'd rather hear BOOM BOOM than [muffled *plink* in the distance]
>>
>>384675562
The way the weapons feel and respond, weight and movement, shooting and reloading animations, recoil, spray pattern, bullet impact and making every gun feel unique are all part of good gunplay.

RS2 Vietnam and KF2 have great gunplay. FO3/4, Rage and New Vegas not so much.
>>
>>384675562
it's mainly how enemies react to being shot
if they continue what they're doing while an HP bar goes down, it feels like not shooting them at all
same as when some canned stagger animation player no matter where, from what angle and with which weapon you hit them
organic hit reaction adds a lot to gunplay
GTA IV is a good example
>>
File: fag reaction image.png (529KB, 598x580px) Image search: [Google]
fag reaction image.png
529KB, 598x580px
>>384676092
>Good Gunplay:
>>Halo 1-3.
>>
That perfect mix between realism and fun. The guns need to sound good and feel good. What I mean by feel good is they need to have some "weight". Good recoil and hit stun but not too much of either.

My favorite gun game right now is Killing Floor 2. It has a lot of unrealistic aspects but it gets a lot of things right and the guns feel and sound great.
>>
>>384676092
what's wrong with BF1's gunplay?
>>
>>384676362
Casual as fuck hitscan weapons that feel bland.
>>
Sound design that gives a gun a powerful report; guns that sound bad feel bad.
Animation and post-processing effects to make each round fired feel as though they could kill and not just mildly irritate. Muzzle flash, smoke and recoil in the right amounts all add to the experience.
Environmental impact so that bullets actually seem like physical parts of the world.
>>
>>384675562
>awful gunplay
New Vegas
>good gunplay
FO4
>>
>>384676429
>casual as fuck hitscan
what? even at 2 miles?
also hitscan in itself doesn't ruin the gunplay btw
>>
>>384676538
Modern BF games are all CoD shit these days.
>>
>>384676362
For me personally it doesn't feel smooth to shoot guns. The bullets deviate too much from the barrel.
>>
>>384675562
How firearms feels and play.
>>
>>384676092
I havent played cod since blops 2 so maybe it has changed, but if not you cant act like it doesnt have good gunplay. The series has lots of problems but gunplay is not one of them. The hit sound is one of the most memorable sounds in all of videogames.
>>
>>384676594
But cod games generally don't have hitscan weapons
>>
>>384675562
Killing floor has some great feeling guns, might just be the headshots though.
>>
File: 1500140183649.jpg (47KB, 586x443px) Image search: [Google]
1500140183649.jpg
47KB, 586x443px
>>384676784
Killing Floor games have great gunplay, it's not just the headshots. The guns have great sound and heft.

The shotguns in particular are super satisfying. The double barrel staggers almost anything when you fire both barrels at once. Makes my dick hard.
>>
>>384676770
Do you actually know what hitscan is? Every CoD game since the beginning has had every regular weapon be hitscan.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.