[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the appeal of Overwatch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: overwatch.gif (502KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
overwatch.gif
502KB, 480x270px
What is the appeal of Overwatch?
>>
Its a game.
>>
>>384674138
sjw pandering
>>
>>384674138
there isn't any
>>
File: The meeting that saved France.jpg (64KB, 732x763px) Image search: [Google]
The meeting that saved France.jpg
64KB, 732x763px
>>384674138
OP here. I've played many shooters in the past ten years, and I've witnessed first hand the decline of CoD, all the from the first release back in the day, to MW3, which became my final investment. One video on the front page the other day nailed exactly my frustration with that decline: it's become less a game of skill, and more a game of who sees the other first. In effect, this means that not the best shooter wins, but the one with the best route through the map, adjusted to what spots he knows to pre-aim.
Overwatch, from what I can tell, seems to be exactly the same: run and gun, and practice being the first to see the other.Have I gotten the wrong impression? If so, sell this game to me. Why should I spend 60 petroldollars on it?
>>
It simplifies a lot of different playstyles from a lot of FPS. The floor is lowered thanks to Ultimates being absurdly powerful and the ceiling is lowered thanks to the lack of advanced movement mechanics. And it's wrapped up in a decent knockoff Dreamworks style.
>>
>>384674335
The floor is... highered. Heightened.
>>
>>384674138
>What is the appeal of Overwatch?
Ass.
>>
>>384674641
Titties.
>>
>>384674284
Can I get a quick rundown?
>>
>>384674284
You always see the enemy team, it's all about teamfights and the ttk is high relative to cod thanks to tanks and healers
Overwatch is a flawed game but not for even remotely similar reasons to cod
>>
>>384674138
it has the best matchmaking algorithms of any fps game and competitive mode has punishment for leavers.

those right there are the major problems of a lot of fps games right now. go play CoD. its matchmaking is based on ping and nothing else. you could start your first game and play against a group of veterans who completely crush you.

needless to say that people leave matches all the time too. I think of my last 20 matches in Titanfall 2, not a single one ended without a player leaving. not just talking about my own team but the opponents too. as soon as one team slightly pulls ahead, the match is basically over because half of the opponents leave.
>>
File: butwhy.jpg (25KB, 613x481px) Image search: [Google]
butwhy.jpg
25KB, 613x481px
>>384674641
>Ass.
unironically, the most honest answer
>>
File: v8nbzHG.jpg (82KB, 454x453px)
v8nbzHG.jpg
82KB, 454x453px
>>384674138
>hatin on teh game cuz it's popular
>probably never even played it cuz he's a poorfag pirate
>>
>>384674138
loot boxes

People with gambling problems spend hundreds, if not thousands, on the loot boxes.
>>
>>384674138
It's one of the few fps games I'm somewhat decent at
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.