[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of super low drop rates?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: J.png (4MB, 3415x1762px) Image search: [Google]
J.png
4MB, 3415x1762px
What's the point of super low drop rates?
>>
>>384668821
Artificial scarcity
>>
>>384668821
dumb fags dump more hours = more money into your game
>>
Padding to trick the player into thinking he's accomplishing more than he actually is.
>>
What game?
>>
>>384668935
What if the game only requires one purchase? Like Monster Hunter or other RPGs.

What's the reason then?
>>
>>384669953
some people think that more hours was more hours of enjoyment.
i think its sort of a Stockholm thing
you'd like to justify those hours now
>>
>>384668821
to support 3rd party botting
>>
>>384668821
It'll make autismal people dump hundreds of hours into getting it
So really unparalleled method of prolonging game time with minimal effort
>>
>>384668848
like DRM?
>>
>>384670134
>you'd like to justify those hours now
I was considering it for a second, but then I realised that was my least favourite part of the game.
>>
>>384668821
i like low droprates if they are unique and valuable
its kinda like opening crates in some shitty csgo time except its free and just costs time
>>
The point of it is that a small number of players will complete some content and get surprised by a cool unique reward. In reality the concept is ruined by autistic faggots replaying the same shit over and over again until they force it to happen because fun is not allowed in videogames.
>>
File: Boneitis.jpg (20KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Boneitis.jpg
20KB, 512x384px
>SP game has less than 5% drop rates
>>
>>384669017
Lineage 2
>>
>>384668821
Koreans love their grind. Did you ever play navy field?
>>
>>384668821
To thinly distribute whatever they think should be really rare. Of course autismos are gonna grind it, but if the game is designed nicely, it's exciting to find something rare. Is it the best mechanic? No. But I like it.
>>
>>384673342
Any good?
>>
>>384674043
It was fantastic before Goddess of Destruction or whatever. Basically a seamless mmo with giant world, world bosses, secrets and clan wars that didn't force you to progress certain way. Had shit tons of classes too. It was one of few MMOs that didn't follow the path of WoW and tried to make something unique. Sadly that game is nothing like it used to be, but maybe you can find a server with classic chronicles.
>>
>>384674270
It seems like I'm always late to the party.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.