[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Matthew right about Demon's Souls?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: Untitled.png (716KB, 874x616px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
716KB, 874x616px
Is Matthew right about Demon's Souls?
>>
Garl Vinland > any boss of the DaS games.
>>
Nope Demon's Souls is the worst.
>>
>>384667379
NPC fights as bosses are garbage.
>>
REASONS TO PLAY DEMON'S SOULS OVER ANY GIVEN DARK SOULS GAME
>
>
and who could forget
>
>>
>>384667471
>>384667556
>PS4 owners
>>
>>384667659
I played every souls game 1000+ hours, except DeS where I only have 300, it's just fundamentally broken and most bosses take no mechanical skill beyond knowing/figuring out the gimmick.
Replaying it again is just too boring and online is garbage so that's why it died out fast.
>>
>>384667126
>those textures
Keep forgetting how much it looked like a Wii game.
>>
File: 1478509549560.png (50KB, 350x362px) Image search: [Google]
1478509549560.png
50KB, 350x362px
>>384667906
>it's just fundamentally broken
Fucking what

>online is garbage so that's why it died out fast
It died out fast because in 2009 there wasn't this huge meme cult around Souls because MUH HARD GAME
Demon's Souls was a niche title that was also an exclusive. The online community was small to begin with, and then they all beat the game.
>>
>>384668809
>Fucking what
no poise for you or enemies, favoring use of fast weapons to stunlock everything
magic is soo broken it can one shot half the bosses
the game has a very noticable quality drop after the first area in each zone, besides Boletaria.
>>
Yes.
>>
Yes, but Dark Souls and Bloodborne still had a charm of their own that felt distinct to DeS. Sounds to me like he just enjoys DeS atmosphere more.
>>
>>384669130
>no poise for you or enemies, favoring use of fast weapons to stunlock everything
You don't remember or haven't played the game then
>the game has a very noticable quality drop after the first area in each zone, besides Boletaria.
What a shit taste
>>
Yes. DeS having unique "gimmick" bosses was my absolute favorite part of the game when I played it. Picking up the Storm Ruler and having some ridiculous fight with a giant manta ray is super memorable to me.

Meanwhile in DaS1, DaS2 and DaS3 every boss has the same moveset apart from a few in DaS1 and one of the only memorable bosses for me is the Capra Demon simply because of the arena you fight him in. DaShitters ruined the series after DaS1.
>>
>>384669130
YOu must be DS2 shitter
>>
>>384670285
To play the devils advocate, the Centipede Demon, Ceaseless discharge, and 4 king were neat.
Fatty and slim was the best boss fight in DS1
>>
>>384670285
I would somewhat blame pvp-fags as well. The combat in this game isn't deep, it was never intended to have such a large pvp-scene. But people made much more about the fighting and fighting skills, how little times you died to that or that boss, instead of exploration and cooperation.

Doesn't mean that they can't pull off some great boss fights that are basically just fights. As >>384670482 said, Pikachu and snorlax will forever be legendary.
>>
>>384667126
DeS problem is world tendecy is cool as fuck mechanic but its not thought-out. Like you should get more towards white character and world tendecy if you help somebody. Maybe a remaster can fix this.
>>
>>384667906
>Mechanical skill required in a Souls game.
kek. none require it.
>Online died fast.
confirmed for never playing it, online was active quite literally every day until Dark Souls came out.
>>
>>384667906
>>384669130
What a fucking retarded bandwagoner, shut the fuck up if you're gonna spout shit like that, idiot.
These fucking kids start with the shittiest game imaginable aka DaS2 and they have the audacity to believe their shitty, uneducated opinion matters in the slightest. Off yourself underage retard.
>>
>>384671253
>Getting this mad over a game
kill yourself
>>
>>384671768
>it's just a game bro
Way to belittle yourself by depreciating your hobby. What are you even doing here, retard?
>>
File: 19392139511.jpg (51KB, 300x335px) Image search: [Google]
19392139511.jpg
51KB, 300x335px
>I don't like Ludwig, Orphan, or any great bosses
>I like the worst boss in the game

Pssh, so contrarian
>>
>>384672151
He didn't say he didn't like them, autist
>>
>>384672151
its not that he doesn't like them its just that bosses like Ludwig are everywhere in the game. A giant creature in a big wide open arena that has giant sweeping turn around attacks and 2 phases.

He really does have a point when he says the "gimmick" bosses did the series well and gave certain fights character. So many bosses in Dark souls 1 onward are just big creatures/guys in wide open arenas with wide swings that you have to dodge through then whack them a bit

as bullshit as bed of chaos was, it wasn't another fucking big guy with a sword or a big monster in an empty arena
>>
File: 1497960948183.png (128KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1497960948183.png
128KB, 600x1000px
Matthew is 100% correct but retards on /v/ will go "b-b-but if I admit souls combat is easy, I won't look cool for beating the games!!!!!!!!!!! I only want to fight bosses that I can be smug about beating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'
>>
>>384670285
>Talking about the Storm kong being memorable

My nigga...everyone meme the tower of latria as memorable but Shrine of Storms is fucking incredible...most underrated map
>>
>>384667659
you mean PKeks
>>
>>384672497
He never said the combat was easy he just called it simplistic and barebones, which it is.
>>
>>384667126
>Is a nobody right on anything he doesnt have expertise on ?
>>
>>384674782
>you can only criticize games if you can actually make games yourself
Take a moment to realize how retarded you are
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.