[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls 2 was a flawed diamond Dark Souls 3 might be more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 487
Thread images: 61

File: guide_screen_ds2.jpg (493KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
guide_screen_ds2.jpg
493KB, 1920x1200px
Dark Souls 2 was a flawed diamond
Dark Souls 3 might be more slick and feels better to play, but it did not have even half of the new interesting ideas Dark Souls 2 had
>>
Liking DS2 is a form of mental illness.

Also leads to being a cuck - see HBomberGuy.
>>
Reminder that everything good in DS1 was a fluke and it STILL ended up as a half finished piece of shit.

The Souls series is for faggot normies. Every single day the "writers" spend at least 20 minutes straight laughing about how many colossal retards ate up steamed dog shit and called it foie gras.
>>
So why does every dark souls game ignore all the good parts from the older games and make the same mistakes each time
>>
File: kKj3Q4m.jpg (484KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kKj3Q4m.jpg
484KB, 1920x1080px
>>384666765
You are the illness.
>>
>>384667167
Sure thing, HB
>>
File: 1473471936271.png (629KB, 757x988px) Image search: [Google]
1473471936271.png
629KB, 757x988px
Des is a polished rock
Das1 is a chipped diamond
Das2 is a perfect sandstone
Das3 is a shit with sprinkles on it
BB is a opal inside petrified wood
>>
>new interesting ideas
>AGI
>soul memory
>>
>>384667843
Damn straight. If you need strength to wield a shield, why not need stats to dodge? It's an RPG, anon. Stats mattered.
>>
>>384667051
Because Miyazaki doesn't know what he does right in the first place.
>>
>>384666765
That guy is a prick. He's the most biased piece of shit I've ever heard in my life. If I wanted to hear someone complain about shit as though it's a fact and not just his own opinion I'd come here.
>>
>>384667912

>stats mattered

Mandatory stat dumps for the combat not to feel like a buggy piece of shit isn't the foundation of a good RPG especially combined with how horrendous the hitboxes were.
>>
>>384668028
Well. he's a muslims-must-rape-white-women tier liberal, so no wonder.
>>
>>384667843
Dark Souls 2 had
>best covenants in the series
>best PvP
>power stance
>weapon diversity
>new game+ worth playing

B-team might not had the skills to execute those ideas perfectly, but they had good ideas
>>
>>384668040
Then fucking block. No one roll plays a knight and decide they're going to evade all enemy attacks.
>>
>>384668789

That would be a fair trade if the biggest flaws within the system weren't most pronounced in the early game when all the shields are fucking garbage.
>>
Dark souls 2 had some really fun moments that 3 didn't, like Maldron
>>
Dark Souls 2 is a pile of putrid shit, if you can't see that for yourself then you most likely started with it, which is grounds enough for you to kill youraelf.
>>
>>384668639
None of this shit matters when you're playing Souls, retard, and even if they did matter they also fucking suck. Retard, kill yourself.
>>
>>384666198
I agree with you but I think flawed diamond is too high praise.
>>384668040
The hitboxes outside of a few fringe cases were honestly fine. The big problem is that the roll hitbox seems bugged in terms of updating to the player's position when rolling with low AGI.
>>
>>384671363
>>384671476
Show us on the teddy bear where the very, very bad Dark Souls II touched you, anons. I swear it won't know about it.
>>
Dark souls 2 is ok. It's not awful and it's not great.
>>
>>384671580
My heart
>>
DeS > DaS1 > DaS2 > DaS3

Haven't played Bloodborne.

Dark Souls 3 ruined a ton of weapon movesets and dual wielding for literally no reason other than "the B-team did it so it's bad" and ended up having literally less imaginative combat than DaS2. I know combat is definitely not and shouldn't be the focus of the games because DeS is my fave but why would you even downgrade it when you had something that works.
>>
>>384671703
doki doki
>>
>>384671749
No it didnt make my heart go doki doki, it broke my heart and spirit by how goddamn awful it was, I sincerely wish death to all DaS2 apologists.
>>
>>384671814
anon was literally raped to death
>>
>>384671834
Keep being ironic retard but next time you're being passionate about a game, whether it be positive or negative, remember that you're acting weird and autistic because it's "just a game!"
>>
>>384671741
>gong from 2 to 3 for greathammers
>going from 2 to 3 for any weapons that isn't a sword
God just fuck everything, even magic is shit
>>
File: whip.png (7KB, 102x120px) Image search: [Google]
whip.png
7KB, 102x120px
>>384672102
Press F to pay respects.
>>
>>384671741
I played DeS a while ago for the first time because everyone was hyping it so much in dark souls threads.
I liked some of the design choices but overall I'd say DS1, 2 and 3 are just better. Would be nice to see DeS made with DS3 mechanics for example and some adjustments to the map design.. for example the swamp area was kinda lazily made as most of it was just flat, hard to traverse toxic mud
>>
>>384666198
DaS2 was all gimmicks with awful world design and the worst feeling movement and combat of the 3. It's why they shoved in so many different weapons to try and counter all the shortcomings. DaS2 is a 7/10 game. DaS3 finally felt like a sequel to DaS1 and had good feeling movement and combat again and great world design and artstyle. It took out most of DaS2's gimmick concepts for the better.
>>
>>384669631
>he never found the drangleic knight shield
>>
>>384672397
DaS3's combat is not better than DaS2's lol.

DaS3's combat is what happens when you put Bloodborne damage sponge enemies that hit like trucks in a game with half of the agility and remove poise and make all the weapon movesets bad except straight swords.
>>
>>384672397
DS3 messed up with stamina balance, you can roll way too many times with minimal stat investment
>>
>>384672102
The weapons aren't shit, you are. If you have to resort to straight sword + shield for PVE then you're small time. Almost everything is viable in PVE, even magic is if you spec right and have a backup weapon until you can get better spells later in the game.
>>
>>384672486
As much as I enjoy DS3 I agree that the weapon balance is awful, straightswords have much less delay between attack windup and dealing damage compared to other weapons, including curved sword. Sure, that doesn't make them impossible to deal with you can just bait parries no problem but you can do that to all other weapons too (except great-X weapons that are twohanded or whips(kek))
>>
>>384672569
Yeah, if you want to spend 3 minutes for every enemy you encounter to find an opening between the 5 different combos and fakeouts they have that can take off half of your health bar with each hit.

Otherwise just use a straight sword.

Souls 3 isn't hard it's just shit. The combat sucks ass, the enemies are boring as fuck to fight and it basically forces you to sit there fighting them.
>>
>>384672569
Ofcourse everything is viable in PVP you can go freaking unarmed and still win.
But stats-wise, comparing the attack animations and the time it takes to deal for example 1300 damage, straight swords are simply at an advantage.
>>
>>384668028
t. Ass blasted /pol/Cuck that got offended by having his viewpoint adequately challenged
>>
>>384668516
Suddenly liking Dark Souls 2 makes sense

I wonder if we had flags and would realize only canadians defend Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>384672676
that's exaggerating it a little bit. There's also quite a bit of variation between enemies and what works best, but I agree that straight swords are simply not balanced too well in comparison to other weapon groups
>>
>>384666198
DS2 is bad. anyone that believes otherwise is wrong.
Jesus whats next? DMC2 was a diamond in the rough and we shouldn't shit on it?
>>
>>384666198
>but it did not have even half of the new interesting ideas Dark Souls 2 had

because the new ideas of DaS2 sucked
>>
>>384672949
DMC fans have taste. Unlike the souls fanbase.
>>
>>384672486
>remove poise
Poise wasn't remove it changed. Instead of being static, poise only activates when you're swinging a weapon, and depending on what weapon it is and how much poise your armor has it will tank through hits. It now being more complex with poise frames (hyper armor) activating depending on your weapon and poise stat and what your enemy is trying to hit you with means that there is less R1 combo spam on high poise enemies and also that high poise ultragreatsword people have to change up their playstyle when fighting other ultra weapon users because the one with more poise and a better poise weapon will be able hyper armor through hits more often then them instead of everyone having the same exact hyper armor reliability.
>>
>>384672836
Back to >>>/pol/
>>
>>384672397
World design in DaS3 is shit. There is too little effort put into the assets for the artstyle to be excellent. The combat in 3 isn't actually good.
Given that it abandoned most of the design of DaS1 it doesn't feel like that much of a sequel outside of just the references.
>>
File: 845c2e0735dc1fd7755c85ca46477a6c.jpg (255KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
845c2e0735dc1fd7755c85ca46477a6c.jpg
255KB, 1920x1080px
>>384672839
Canada is the only place west of atlantic ocean that has culture.
>>
>>384672949
Never underestimate the desire of people to portray themselves as special snowflakes
>>
>>384668639
>power stance

which means fuck all in a game witch fucked I frames for rolling
>>
>>384673091
I FUCKING KNEW IT

EVERY DAS2fag is oficially a leaf now
>>
>>384577391
>maldron the ass that doesn't even play by the games rules

what a faggot

also the cunt invader in dragon aerie who just animation cancels out the ass
>>
DaS > DeS > BB > DaS 3 > DaS 2
Fite me
>>
>>384673163
>replying to a post I made 12 hours ago
why tho
>>
>>384673137
>>384668639
power stance would've been better if swapping between normal moveset and powerstance had been more fluid.
Same goes for the weapon styles in BB.
in DS3 weapon arts work nicely but I wish they had gone a little bit more indepth with the mechanic, only a few weapons have a weapon art that goes beyond a special attack
>>
>>384673158
jokes on you I live in Europe
>>
>>384673241
I respect that opinion, even though for a real longtime Souls fan who started with Demon's back in '09 it should be:

DeS = DaS = BB > DaS3
>>
>>384673359
I really liked how every weapon could stun in Demon's Souls.
You could have a magic user with a dagger and stun a guy with the dragon bone sword and full armor every hit.
>>
>>384666198
>DaS2 has a stat for rolling
>FUCKING AGI, FROMSOFT REMOVE IT!
>DaS3 massively favors rolling over blocking, the the point that heavy builds are flat out inferior

>DaS2 has a deeper story revolving around the cycles of the curse and trying to beat it in ways that weren't 'Throw another Hollow on it', with DLCs that are varied and touch on the cycle even more
>FUCKING FROMSOFT THIS ISN'T DARK ENOUGH FOR THE STORY
>DaS3 has an utterly fucking atrocious story, with DLCs that almost spit in the face of people who wanted a proper ending

>DaS2 has decent build variety, with fun ways to experiment
>WAH WAH DAS2 SUCKS
>If you don't use a straightsword and fast rolls in DaS3, you're at an immediate disadvantage
>>
>>384666198
Then maybe 2 shouldn't have been such a pile of shit. If I have to dig through a ton of manure before finding somethng truly amazing, it wasn't worth it in the first place.
>>
>>384673414
Well that's true only if the guy with DBS you're fihgting is a retard. Hyperarmor is real in DeS and it fucking works wonders.
>>
>>384673359
But I did play DeS first
Thinking more than the 10 seconds it took me on my original post, DeS is about as good as BB, but I don't think it's as good as DaS.
>>
>>384673430
Fuck off leaf.
>>
>>384673526
>No arguments
Typical 3-Babby.
>>
>>384673572
>He's actually a fucking leaf.
Your kind aren't welcome here.
>>
>half the game is running around empty but immaculate hallways

Yeah, I'll take ds3 where they at least had the sense to throw in a chair or two and add some fucking rugs.
>>
>>384673572
I don't even like 3 that much. It is a direct sequel to a game that should never had a direct sequel.

But for what it is it is okay

DaS2 fails on every level. The fact that you defend it makes me hope you never get close to game design at any point and that your opinion will never be taken seriously as a reviewer even remotely by anyone
>>
>>384672729
>not understanding that straight swords have basically zero poise damage
>not understanding that big weapons have their own advantage besides pure damage
>forgetting big weapons have better range and can hit multiple enemies at once easily
>not realizing that twohanding an ultra weapon makes you un-parry-able for all PVE and PVP enemies

Do you even know one percent of the meta in DaS3? Straight sword + shield is babies first playthrough because it's the easiest and safest way to play because you can just turtle behind the shield and make simple R1 / R2 standing attacks and roll away and revert to turtle mode and wait to counter attack or punish the enemy. Ultra weapons and greatswords are better at killing faster but you have to understand their strengths and weaknesses and change your playstyle. You have to know your weapon hitbox and be good at spacing much MUCH more so then when you're using a simple straight sword, you have to use running attacks and charged R2's when knocking down enemies that are getting back up, you have to be very good at rolling and timing and can't just relay on turtling or else you'll get wrecked by someone who knows how to properly offensively use an ultra weapon.
>>
>>384667709
This
>>
>>384673430
>Dark Souls 3 having it's own issues invalidates all complaints about 2
I'm sorry that no one else's is willing to put up with DaS 2's shit except for subhuman PvP autists
>>
>>384673670
>all that shit
Or... just use a straightsword

Fuck off retard
>>
>>384673770
Did you even read his post?
>>
Why did DeS3 ape Bloodborne so much without taking all the reasons why Bloodborne's fast combat worked so well

"Oh it is so good, because everything is so fast!" is not an excuse
>>
>>384673770
or you could git gud
>>
>>384673670
>implying ds3 isn't fucking FULL of estoc/straight sword/ dark sword shitters
guess what, low poise damage doesn't fucking matter when poise doesn't exist and every hit staggers. Not to mention completely broken hitboxes, and damage scaling.
>>
>>384673843
I thought poise actually exists now after a patch
>>
>>384673272
Fucking 4chan x wouldn't let me post for some reason and had to F5, and somehow I managed to quote the absolute wrong post. Oh well.
>>
>>384673925
it does but it works differently from the other games
>>
>>384673843
>Calls Dark 3 out for hitboxes while defending Dark 2
kek
>>
>>384673810
I mean he literally proved himself wrong with a wall of text about how it's so SKILLFUL to be good at garbage DS3 combat.

When you can just use a straightsword
>>
>>384674034
>literally pointed out how straight and broadswords are shit
>ignores it

I know ds2 fan cucks are pathetic, but cmon, bruh
>>
>>384674031
>this retard thinks I would ever defend dark2.
this is why every board needs IDs.
>>
>>384673843
>when poise doesn't exist

Hey look, another redditor that doesn't understand how poise works in DaS3 despite the game being out for over a year now.
>>
>>384674097
>They're shit but they're the best and easiest pve build in a game full of damage sponges with 5 different combos and better movesets than 90% of the weapons
LOL
>>
>>384674034
But straightswords aren't optimal in PvP or PvE? I mean you could just sword and board every game except BB but you don't because it's boring as hell.
>>
>>384674123
Hey look another nu/v/ ds3 fag that never played dark 1&2 and doesn't understand what poise IS. and thinks calling a DIFFERENT SYSTEM poise, makes it poise.
>>
>>384674123
Poise literally didn't exist when the game released, fuck off back to 9gag retard.
>>
>>384674221
what the fuck was the quote? "Poise is working exactly as intended"?
>>
>>384666198
let's btfo dark souls 2 forever
>muh build variety
anything but the melee top tier is garbage, but lucky you that 99% of the community is braindead so you will suceed with anything
>muh better dueeell weeld
half of the powerstance moves are useless because you get no runnings or rollings, and the only useful neutral powerstances are katanas and rapiers
>muh non linearity
the world doesn't fucking connect in a sensible way anyways, but you can go do bosses in a different order!!!!
>muh viable magix
there are only 2 actually good spells, homing crystal soulmass and great combustion, the decent rest are css and heavy homing soul arrow, scraps and firestorm and its variants might work on wakeup against bad players, everything else is useless
>muh best pvp
no red eye orb, arena that matches random soul levels from 1 to 838, the obvious meta and the incredibly terrible netcode means you can't adapt to very bad internet like you could in dark souls 1
tldr ds2 players are autists
>>
>>384674158
>best and easiest pve build

Lmao, tell me you're shitposting and not this fucking bad at the game
>>
Dark Souls 2 and 3 are both incredibly mediocre.

One keeps the open feeling of its predecessor, but is incredibly clunky, has a ton of cases of great ideas/poor execution and has the most boring bosses in the series.

Dark Souls 3 is a straight corridor, discards all good and bad mechanics Dark Souls 2 had and fucks up shields, heavy armor and weapons that aren't straight swords. Some really good bosses though.

Both games feel mere shadows compared to Dark Souls 1/Demons/Bloodborne
>>
How do I have the best experience with 2? I don't know what it is, but every time I start a playthrough I can't be bothered to get all too far into the game because I'm so bored.

I loved 1, and I just want something to play that feels similar to it instead of playing it again for the 50th time
>>
>>384674582
>discards all good and bad mechanics Dark Souls 2

Dark Souls 2 had good mechanics?
>>
>>384674582
>Some really good bosses though.
I would argue that the only good boss is sully, although aldrich was interesting.
>>
>>384674486
You are picking on PvP in this post though, the PvE is still pretty good.
>>
DaS2 is just sad.
They had so many good ideas and really improved a lot of things but the good idea s were badly executed.
>wanted to prevent twinking
>instead of tying it to gear, they made soul memory

>wanted to emphasise covenants and add more depth to them
>added too many so playerbase is split up, too many versions of the game + mulitplat + soul memory + twinks ruin the idea

>wanted to use torches and lighting as cool mechanic
>ends up being half assed and useless mechanic

But here some actual improvements
>aimable crossbows
>more elemental arrows and bolts
>more varied pyros, magic and miracles
>staffs/bells upgradable
>power stancing
>more consumables
>new weapon types (twinblades, lances)
>better whips
>NPC phantoms/invader have more personality through gestures and other unique behavior
>consume multiple consumables at once

All that and probably more and yet DaS2 is still the worst one gameplay wise. Everything is slower, ADP is super ambiguous, ugly art style, weapons are quntitiy>quality.
NPCs are awkward and uninteresting, the story is completely botched and not worth a sequel but still filled with nonsensical DaS1 references that have no place there (Sunlight parma being the best example).
The world and level design is a total mess in the base game and after 3(!) DLCs and an entire re-release (SoftS) they managed to get their shit together a little bit but then fucking up in new places again.

It's really sad. It tried to be innovative bjt time constrains and the whole director change after half the dev time ruined everything.
It's still worth playing a few times but it will never rise up to DaS, DeS and BB level of greatness. DaS was never intended to have a sequel anyway so maybe it's just a natural thing.
>>
>waaaaah boss is not just a guy with a sword that I need to make perfect 1 frame dodges against!!
>bed of chaos ruined the game!!!!
>yaaaay dark souls 3 is the best game ever !!!!
>>
>>384674716
>m-muh pvp
>n-nvm the p-pvp doesn't matter
the pvp is the only half decent thing in shit souls 2, no one with half of a brain would enjoy the pve. i also like how they people defending dark souls 2 are stuck in 2015, they don't play the game anymore but still talk about the game like they know something
>>
>>384674652
That's because you're a pc cuck starved for games, maybe start a petition for more shitty Souls rip-offs
>>
I'm currently replaying Dark Souls and I'm glad it wasn't just me only remembering the good stuff.
It really is a master piece.

I wonder how I will feel when replaying DaS2 after hating it so much. I'll give it a 2nd chance.
>>
>>384675015
I've never played a Souls game on PC
>>
>>384675023
>replaying Dark Souls 2
I spent 200 hours playing 2 characters all the way to ng+ without summoning bullshit. Those 200 hours I really regret and I'm never getting back but at least I can say with certainty that DaS2 is a trashy game not even worth replaying for a second
>inb4 if you didn't like it why did you play it so much
>>
My favorite part of DS2 was the level variety and vast amount of weapon and armor options
>>
>>384675162
I'd rather replay DaS1 for the millionth time than touch this pile of shit game called DaS2 ever again. Or play Demon's again. Or Bloodborne and DS3. Anything but that garbage
>>
>>384668040
You either have a crappy shield or crappy rolls. Then you choose which one of the options (evading or blocking) is more important and then you level the stats.
>>384671476
>"those things don't matter! and even when you find compelling reasons why those are an improvement, they don't matter!"
Also, stop saying retard so often, you look mentally challenged.
>>
>>384667051
Bloodborne polishes basically every system though and takes the best shit from every game?
>>
>>384675837
Shut the fuck up, retard
>>
>>384674653
>Torch
>Power stance
>Shit like getting wet
>Fists
>Not fucking up Equipload nearly as badly
>Etc
Basically a lot of miscellaneous shit that amounts to something kind of substantial
>>
File: Doll_train.jpg (98KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
Doll_train.jpg
98KB, 1024x681px
>>384666198
But... they are both shit? Why even bother comparing and discussing 2 pieces of crap?
>>
>>384676242
>Power stance

why does the DaS2 fanbse masturbate over this poorly explained idea?

that is useless due to I Frames not working?
>>
>>384673430
>DS3 story sucks with the dlc
>atleast we get awesome flying lavacastle with cool red sword monster and he makes a cool comeback in the dlc where he now is a cool blue sword monster and the awesome gang bang fight with all the cool ds1 armorsets
>>
>>384672839
I'm Canadian and every leaf that's a souls fag that I know hates das2
>>
>>384676380
>DaS2 fags praise their shitty game for boring, poorly executed ideas
>the same people bash DeS for World Tendency
Really makes you think
>>
>>384676380
Why is it useless due to iframes not working?
It functions more or less fine.

>>384676439
>Oh yeah I'll simplify shit and only use the shit coop areas as examples of the DLC
>>
>>384676518
I'm Greek and every person that's a soulsfag that I know fucking hates DaS2. It's only kids on the internet trying to act like special snowflakes that defend this piece of shit game, don't let a vocal minority distort your perception of the community.
>>
>>384676634
>muh deep story
>nothing gets resolved if you bought the original game
So deep so extremely deep
>>
>>384676696
I think it's more or less shit posting that gets some guaranteed (You)s
Das2 did have some good things about it like bonfire asthetics and the dlcs were decent but at the end of the day 90% of the game is trash
>>
>>384676634
>Why is it useless due to iframes not working?

Power Stance = Dual Wielding = No Shield = Having to Roll = getting fucked due to rolling I Frames not working
>>
>>384676921
Not trying to defend Das2 but if you got your agility to like 20 the I frames were fine
>>
>>384677005
nothing hinted at Agility being important so I ignored it like I did Resistance in the first game
>>
>>384676921
Increase your ADP, learn to avoid attacks with rolling or increase your gesture game.
>>
>>384676915
You don't have to go to detail to understand why DaS2 is shit, for anyone who had actually played DeS and DaS it was fairly obvious that something was wrong only a couple hours in. ADP, tracking, Soul Memory, none of this shit matters when level design and atmosphere (aka the 2 defining factors of a good souls game) were complete garbage. Everything else just turns it from a bad Souls game to a straight up bad game.
>>
>>384677186
I did the same thing when I first played through which is probably why I found the game so fucking hard, I'm replying it right now with a friend picking up souls for the first time and 20 agl works
Also he loved des and das and isn't liking 2 so far
>>
>>384677186
Then it's not useless, you just lacked knowledge.
>>
>raise a stat so you can use a mechanic properly
Do people seriously not understand how dumb this is?
>>
>>384677648
No people understand, that's a big complaint
>>
The most important thing in Souls are

>Combat
>Enemy design
>Bosses
>Atmosphere
>Level Design
>Music
>Gear

2 Was the shittiest of any souls in everything except Gear
>>
File: 1491654037717.png (287KB, 642x1574px) Image search: [Google]
1491654037717.png
287KB, 642x1574px
>Replies 126
>Posters 41
DS2 apologists of feces daily thread
>>
>>384668639
>>best pvp
Not with those boring as fuck areas. Only places you could reliably find activity were that bridge and the shitty gray arena
>new game+ worth playing
Not when the actual game is a boring slog with shitty bosses
>>
>>384668639
You forgot spell cancelling.
>>
Ugh, DkS2 horrible world-knitting. There's so many bland, empty rooms and elevators that don't make sense. "Wait... I climbed to the top of a windmill in the middle of a huge valley, took an elevator up from the top floor and wound up in... a volcano?"

Whoa, im at the coast! Into to this cave and i'm in the middle of the ocean! Take an elevator from the ocean and i'm in a forest! Whoa, and now i'm on the fucking moon!
>>
>>384667709
The only good thing in Bloodborne is the music.
>>
>>384677921
>Combat
DaS3 combat may initially feel good but it becomes repetitive incredibly fast.
>Enemy design
DaS3 fails to have solid enemy visual and mechanical design due to how poise works. In terms of visual design it means that no enemy really solidly lets on how much it might take to stagger that enemy (Even whether or not the have idle poise) as whether an enemy is garbed in cloth or steel doesn't matter and often it commits the far more grave sin of a stagger not being indicative of the enemy truly being unable to act as is the case with the wild Ghrus in Farron Keep Or LI. Mechanically the loss of poise alters how enemies are fought and this ties back into the first point as enemies have to avoid getting hit by your first blow or at least have to survive your first full barrage.
>Bosses
DaS2 can't be entirely ignored in this category as a lot of its bosses have interesting gimmicks and design even if they don't have fully tooled out movesets or polished mechanics. DaS3 on the other hand has a significantly smaller number of bosses with 1/3 of them being touted as the good bosses.
>Atmosphere
They're both kind of garbage. DaS2 has horrendously unfinished visual design and DaS3 is just meh.
>Level design
DaS2 definitely has the worst examples of straight corridors with side rooms but DaS3 is even more meh overall in terms of what's actually in the levels.
>Music
DaS2 has some choice tracks and DaS3 was forgettable to me.
>>
>>384678664
t. Moron
>>
>>384678905
t. pot calling the kettle black
>>
>>384668002
This sums up all of FromSoft
>>
>>384678810
Anon doesn't matter how many words you put in a post DaS 3 is still better, even tho the dlc's were hot fucking garbage for the most part
>>
File: 14846328240835.jpg (740KB, 600x6683px) Image search: [Google]
14846328240835.jpg
740KB, 600x6683px
B-team, every lazy decision and crappy rehash and boring pandering are okay. Yeah, really nice.
>>
File: screenshots_20160420095736_1.jpg (597KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshots_20160420095736_1.jpg
597KB, 1920x1080px
>>384666198
DS2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DS3
At least not fucking gray filters
>>
>>384679356
wow.
very quality
much design
such levels
>>
>>384666198
Areas are more interesting (except the box corridors) than 2 and 3, but lack coherence.

Heide's Tower, Dragon Airie, and Majula are more distinct than any of DS3's copy pasta areas.

DS3 basically looks the same as Bloodborne, which I have an issue with as it uses BB assets shamelessly so we get a game that lacks its own visual tone.
>>
File: Dark-Souls-3-Screenshot-03.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-3-Screenshot-03.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>384679356
Compare the graphics lmao

DaS2 a shit
>>
>>384679461
DS3:
Grey stone
Candles
Grey Stone
Candles
Grey Stone
Candles
Grey Stone
Candles

Almost non-stop from start to finish.
>>
>>384679850
>Heide's Tower, Dragon Airie, and Majula are more distinct than any of DS3's copy pasta areas.
Yet they still look like shit because the game looks like fucking shit. DaS3 maybe was more generic but it was atleast nice to look at and it was in a "good way" generic because it took the best looking places instead of the worst ones. There was not one area in III that was bad but in II oh boy.
>>
>>384680045
there is nothing worse than being just "generic good"
Only unimaginative people want something generic
>>
>>384677921

I feel as though you didn't play a lot of 2.

>Combat
There were a lot of new mechanics added in DaS2 which made combat much more interesting. Things like being able to cancel spells adding i-frames to backstepping, powerstance and moving whilst using a bow all spiced up the way the game played and allowed for a much fresher experience.

>Enemy design
Okay, you've got me here. The majority of the enemies were undead knights and even the end game was just buffed undead knights but DaS3 was similar in this aspect.

>Bosses
In terms of designs there wasn't all too much interesting going on here. The thing with DaS2 was that there was a unique gimmick to nearly every boss fight. The problem was that bosses died so fast that you'd never see them. My favourite one was that the water level during the Flexile Sentry fight gradually rises to a level where you can't run and it keeps you at walking speed.

>Atmosphere
I can't fault you too much here. There were certainly atmospheric moments but the game didn't keep them. I remember the first time I approached Drangleic Castle and thinking "Wow... Look at that." But the interior of the castle killed the vibe. It was just a mash of random rooms and staircases. It didn't feel like a castle.

>Level Design
Ties in with atmosphere really. The game had ideas but executed them poorly.

>Music
Subject to ones opinion. I liked it.

>Gear
Are we talking about the aesthetics or the applications (Fashion Souls or "Jesters Robes are bullshit; if you use this you're scum.")? There was some nice new armour added and some of the weapons looked nice too. I was upset how plastic like somethings were but that's all really. DaS3 had some of the least interesting armours in my opinion.

tl;dr Souls 2 had a lot of new and interesting things to bring to the game but it's lost behind its flaws. Souls 3 doesn't really bring a great deal of anything new to the table but it doesn't harbour the same flaws Souls 2 so it's viewed as good.
>>
>>384667167
Is there supposed to be something impressive about a typical landscape overly glamorized by poorly textured trees and retarded, meaningless rocks protruding from the ground?
>>
I honestly like the idea of AGI but the execution was pretty bad. The game simply doesn't encourage position and shield play well and your roll will never look different except if you fatroll
>>
File: 210950.jpg (563KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
210950.jpg
563KB, 1280x1440px
>>384679850
>DS3 basically looks the same as Bloodborne
what?
>>
File: 5666334346.jpg (412KB, 1600x842px) Image search: [Google]
5666334346.jpg
412KB, 1600x842px
>>384680131
Being plain bad is worse funny thing is the retards making this piece of shit were so lazy they didnt even care how shitty some levels looked (and thats not only from a technological point because 1 didn't have such a bad looking moment as pic related), hell it wasn't fucking fixed in SoTFS
>>
>>384680308
That area is one of the few places that looks distinct and Dark Souls-y.
>>
>>384680421
There is tons of media out there that is bad but still notable for being different

DeS3 is shit exactly because it is so safe
That is fact
>>
>>384666198
God fucking damn DaS2 fans are so fucking insecure. You are the cancer eating away at this fucking fanbase. Why are Souls threads so shit now? It's 99% of the time faggot DaS2 fanboys starting faggot threads like
>WHY IS MUH DAS2 SO HATED ON /V/
>YOU KNOW /V/ YOU CAN STOP BEING CONTRARIANS NOW, YOU KNOW IN YOUR HEART OF THE CARDS THAT DAS2 IS THE SUPERIOR GAME
>DAE LIKE DAS2 OVER DAS3 LEL WHAT ZELDA CYCLE
Fuck you. DaS2 is not a fun game, it is a poorly designed game, it's "interesting" ideas are interesting in the same sense as BvS and Suicide Squad are "interesting" -- they command attention because of how terrible they are. Your fragile egos will not change these facts.
>>
>>384680512
Its a fact that DaS 2 looks objectively worse than 3 in terms of fucking everything from level design to graphics per se
>>
>>384668639
>missing red eye orb
>missing blue eye orb
>rat covenant broken
>blueberries broken
>"best"
ok.jpg

>best weapon diversity
>overwhelming majority of weapons in the game are reskins of other weapons with slightly changed around numbers
ok.jpg

>best pvp
>choked to death by arenafaggotry and spoiled by SM cockblocking the player
ok.jpg

>power stance makes the weapon worse in comparison to using it solo in 99% of all situations
>only good for one or two gimmick builds that rely on rapid-applying poison
ok.jpg
>>
3 feels strongly lacking in originality, but it's a better game than 2 overall, which I thought failed on an aesthetic and technical level, and had some questionable enemy placement and design choices.

None of the games are bad, though. I just think Dark Souls is still the best of the trilogy. I've yet to play DeS and BB, with the latter being the one I'm a little more interested in.
>>
>>384680308
funny, now put hemwick next to undead settlement
>>
File: e.jpg (693KB, 1300x2082px) Image search: [Google]
e.jpg
693KB, 1300x2082px
>>384680308
>Why Miyazaki Game All Look The Same
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9b_imnt7FE
>>
>>384674716
>DaS2 pve is good
Fuck no. DaS2 pve is a fucking slog. It's all about cramming as many enemies (designed for stunlocking and/or turtling) into a zone as they possibly can, and then spamming them at the player. For all the shit people justifiably give DaS3 for enemy spam/stunlock-happy enemies, DaS2 is even worse with this but it also doesn't give you nearly as many tools to deal with it, which just ends up slowing the whole game down. Everything about DaS2 pve feels like the B-team sat down in a room together and compiled a list of "how do we slow the player down as much as possible?" and then threw all of them into the final product. Which isn't fun design.
>>
>>384680735
>muh red eye orb
anyone who has this complain can just die for all I care
fucking kill yourself
>>
>>384668002
>>384667051
>>384666198
I assume you're talking about "MUH POWERSTANCIN". The issue is, Dark Souls 3 uses Dark Souls 1's and BB's engine, and that engine has massive issues with complex movesets on the offhand slot.

Dark Souls 3 still ended up better than DS2.
>>
>>384681141
>DaS2 defenders are duelfaggots
Wow that explains everything, that the fanbase for the worst game in the series has the worst and most cancerous tastes.
>>
>DaS2 has le power stance which is 100% useless
>DaS3 has weapon arts which are 100% useful at any moment

hmmm
>>
>>384680308
That fucking library clearly was a leftover from BB. Seriously.
>>
File: 0328.jpg (677KB, 1500x1468px) Image search: [Google]
0328.jpg
677KB, 1500x1468px
>>384680959
What is it all about?
>>
File: 1454000999065.jpg (181KB, 1262x853px) Image search: [Google]
1454000999065.jpg
181KB, 1262x853px
I played Souls games in this order

BB>DaS3>DeS>DaS>DaSII SOTFS

I loved most of them, i platinumed BB and consider it my fav soulslike. So i get to SOTFS after DaS1 which was pretty fucking good even if a bit clunky and holy fuck the game seems like such a fucking shitty fanmade project its actually hilarious to me. So i get to the forest, then i realize something, the game is basically throw 5000 enemies at you and try to survive. I am getting kinda sick of it, i get to a castle where there is a gate that closes when i enter, can't wait for a boss or atleast a new enemy. What do i get? Another garbage fucking wave of mindless zombie-like enemies. I uninstalled at that point, not even 1 boss in, absolutely garbage game.

Thanks for reading my blog and fuck DaSII
>>
>>384681854
Good taste anon. I wouldn't put DaS3 that high and DaS1 that low but I can see you are someone who likes fast combat and good bosses so that is a fair ranking.
>>
>>384681854
Yeah, DS2 is definitely a case of the team misunderstanding the term "difficulty" and throwing waves of monsters at you for no reason while spraying fanservice all over your face at every step of the way.
Movement feels like complete shit too.
>>
>>384681854
I hate how 2 chucks large groups of enemies at you constantly despite the fact that the combat really isn't designed for it

They also got rid of individually aggroing enemies in some cases to really make the game aggravating

It's like they tried as hard as possible to make the game super difficult despite it not being the focus of the previous games, and then not even making it hard.
>>
File: 1490106015790.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1490106015790.png
29KB, 633x758px
>>384678023
>>Replies 168
>>Posters 56
>>
File: IMG_4559.jpg (41KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4559.jpg
41KB, 500x486px
>animations and sounds are so perfect for BB weapons that i enjoy just swinging them
>they go back to ds1 animations for ds3 and no weapon is interesting
>>
>>384682212
>open das2 for 10 mins
>greatsword animations look like someone in clutches trying to swing a sword made out of foam
>close the game
>>
>>384682608
>1h great club animation is just limply dropping it off the shoulder and slouching
Who the fuck is the slant responsible for this
>>
>>384678023
>sotf edition
Ofcourse the re-release would have shittier ratings you fucking fag
>>
>>384666198
None of these interesting ideas were executed well.
>>
File: file.png (76KB, 658x329px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
76KB, 658x329px
>>384683131
lol
>>
>>384683131
Yes. As we all know the PTDE from dark souls is hated.

Oh wait
>>
>>384683329
>91
Were they playing a different game? And then the rerelease gets a lower score because critics caught on that 2 sucked and that they should address that instead of sucking the series' dick like they did with vanilla.
>>
>>384666198
some of the design was glaringly bad though from the start.
>>
>>384683494
no they weren't, but "videogame journalists" are literal tools at the service of rabid fanbases. DS1 had grown massive among normies so if they gave DS2 an honest 5/10 score they'd be fired automatically.

Reviews are all based on hype in case you hadn't realized, not game quality.
>>
>>384683494
>Were they playing a different game?
They likely haven't played much. Most Reviewers are bad at games for some reason and they likely over-correct for hard games.
>>
>>384683357
It kinda is, by retards who play as and against mule characters but keep crying about cheaters and refuse to use any of the available solutions.
>>
>>384683584
>>384683591
It's also worth pointing out most people got dragged into the series falling for Kaizo meme. 2's flaws made these people rock hard.
>>
>>384683584
That's what I was trying to say with my post. Yet they'll still mark non-Souls games down for being too hard and will compare them to Dark Souls (even though Souls games really aren't that fucking hard once you get used to the mechanics, they're honestly about as hard as any other action game).

Games journalism is super dumb and has no reason to exist in 2017 unless it's being made fun of.
>>
>>384683732
2 wasn't even hard in a Kaizo sense. Just really fucking annoying and obnoxious.
>>
File: 1500437827645.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500437827645.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>384683732
Oh yeah. DaS2 is definitely the game for the memer part of the fanbase.
>>
>>384683906
Kaizo is mostly muscle memory, so yeah.
>>
File: 111713 (2).jpg (50KB, 331x321px) Image search: [Google]
111713 (2).jpg
50KB, 331x321px
>>384683329
What's wrong?
>>
>>384684070
Bloodborne came out
>>
Dark Souls 3 is really lucky it came out after DaS2.
I think I would be a lot harsher on it if DaS2 didn't exist
>>
>>384684070
>paying attention to metacritic scores
>valuing metacritic scores
>>
File: IMG_9778.png (233KB, 457x380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9778.png
233KB, 457x380px
>Dark Souls 3 might be more slick and feels better to play, but it did not have even half of the new interesting ideas Dark Souls 2 had

Or any of the retarded ones at least.

Either way, DS2 = DS3 < DS1. Combine both and there could've been a legit good sequel. Thanks for the rushed development, Bandico.
>>
Literally just put Vestadt or whatever his name was's mace/chime and ds1 poise into 3 and it would have been the best in the series.
>>
>>384685260
>everyone running around with full havels ninja spinning with curved blades/katanas
no thanks
>>
>>384685260
>chime doesn't ring when you hit things with it
>>
File: 1500519405369.jpg (43KB, 476x476px) Image search: [Google]
1500519405369.jpg
43KB, 476x476px
>>384679461
>unironically using doge meme
>>
>>384685343
I sense fear in your post, much like one who hasn't gotten gud.
>>
>>384685508
nigga i dual wielded ciaran blades in ds1
the meta was objectively shit and everyone you faced was using the same cancer equipment
don't even pretend this isn't true
>>
>>384685260
>and ds1 poise into 3
Yeah, screw bringing back the connected world, let's just bring back the mechanic that never worked.
>>
>>384685646
These are the current souls fans, they have no fucking clue what made the games great in the first place.
>>
>>384685646
Poise worked and made sense in DaS1 though?
>>
>>384685646
Why couldn't they bring back both?
>>
pure quality
>>
File: released in 2014.jpg (407KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
released in 2014.jpg
407KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>384686067
Such a beautiful game.
>>
>>384685972
>>384686067
Pure fucking shit, you have to be a special kind of autist to like this garbage.
>>
File: 20170717203004_1.jpg (574KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170717203004_1.jpg
574KB, 1920x1080px
>>384686129
It sure is.
>>
>>384685646
Holy shit, you are braindead. Just say that ds2/ds3 are your first games, don't pretend you played it.
>>
>>384685787
Sure it did.

>withstand fuckhuge weapon swing with ugly as fuck mismatched metagame set
>circle enemy stuck on animation
>hornet backstab
>pssst nothing personnel kid

>set up second hit parry without punishment
>hornet riposte
>psssssssssssssssssssssssttttttttttttttttttttt

Alternatively,

>facetank enemies and bosses because stamina management and timing is for nerds and >to inteligent to use overpowered medium shields
>>
>>384686279
So basically,
>be retard
>get poisestabbed
>be retard
>get parried
b-b-b-but muh b-b-broken mechanics!!!!!
>>
>>384685972
>>384686067
>>384686197
holy crap those textures, what went wrong?
>>
tracking overhead
>>
>>384673158
Sorry to disappoint you,EU here.
>>
>>384686209
It's so sad to watch DaS babies pretend they have any authority. I often don't speak about this because I don't like attracting sonygros, but you just have to go there and pretend you're a veteran to defend your memechanics.

>>384686390
>pssssssssssssssssstttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
>>
File: 20170428191800_1.jpg (415KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170428191800_1.jpg
415KB, 1920x1080px
>>384686529
last-gen consoles
>>
Dark Souls 3 uses a lot of changed mechanics from 2, but for some reason it's okay this time?
>>
>>384686650
>EU here.
So German?
>>
>>384686684
It's okay to hate on DS2 here.
I'll bet half of you fuckers haven't even played it.
>>
>>384686673
So were DeS and DaS.

>>384686684
Roll distance bound to weight will never be okay.
>>
>>384686689
>EU=Germany
American education ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>384686850
Only a German thinks the EU = europe

Anyone else would say European here or their specific country and not EU here.
>>
File: 1500462868211.jpg (89KB, 802x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1500462868211.jpg
89KB, 802x1024px
>>384686662
>no argument
>is still trash in video games
>>
>>384686923
>Only a German thinks the EU = europe
Are you implying that this >>384686689
is a German?
Are you retarded?
>>
>>384686962
Yeah, I'm trash for wanting any depth at all in my latency ridden afterthought game mode, you sure got me.
>>
>>384687075
No I was implying the other one is a german
But that one is also a german
>>
>>384678810
>DaS2 has some choice tracks and DaS3 was forgettable to me.

Just the opening soundtrack when you start Dark Souls 3 up blows DS2 completely out of the water
>>
File: dodging fume swings.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dodging fume swings.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>384686673
>>384686197
What is this hypocrisy? You can see the same shit in other games, like looking over a balcony in Cainhurst Castle in BB or the staircase leading down to the Bed of Chaos in DS1. Just because DS2 does it too, it's okay to single it out and call it the only bad game in the series?

And don't even start with "DS2 has SHITBOXES LMAO", they function at the same level as the other games too.

Remember kids, don't be conned into thinking hypocrisy is cool and that you shouldn't play an objectively good game just because /v/'s shit opinions say so.
>>
File: 1499458366464.jpg (200KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
1499458366464.jpg
200KB, 717x880px
>Liking dark souls
>>
>>384687146
So you are retarded.No need to reply.
>>
>>384687184
>I deliberately entered a thread full of things I did not like, and now I'm angry. How could this happen?
Love you fuckers who think they're above it all when you've never even played any of the games. You're the one that should leave.
>>
>>384687104
Then why are you crying on a taiwanese carpentry forum? Seems like you got assblasted.
>>
>>384687260
But he is right about me at least.

I am in fact German.
>>
>>384686067
Reminds me of that free online MMO you could play through your browser.
>>
File: 1459735726613.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459735726613.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>384687173
Dark Souls 2's hitboxes are complete shit, this is known by everyone.
>>
>>384687173
>What is this hypocrisy? You can see the same shit in other games, like looking over a balcony in Cainhurst Castle in BB or the staircase leading down to the Bed of Chaos in DS1. Just because DS2 does it too, it's okay to single it out and call it the only bad game in the series?
>And don't even start with "DS2 has SHITBOXES LMAO", they function at the same level as the other games too.
Other games have these issues as exceptions, 2 has them as rules.

>Remember kids, don't be conned into thinking hypocrisy is cool and that you shouldn't play an objectively good game just because /v/'s shit opinions say so.
I do recommend people to play 2 though, it makes you notice aspects in the other games you might have missed or not given proper appreciation.

>>384687280
I am assblasted a series I enjoy has a retarded audience. Turns out spending time and effort on PvP makes the actual game trash.
>>
>>384687324
>samefagging with no shame
you are a disgrace
>>
File: DaS2 - was a mistake.webm (2MB, 857x480px) Image search: [Google]
DaS2 - was a mistake.webm
2MB, 857x480px
The best thing in das3 is that it uses the amazing Bloodborne engine, and therefore the gameplay is fucking incredible.
The worst thing about das2 is that it uses some new awful engine that has godawful controls and plays like shit.
If 2 had the same engine as 1 or 3, then I'd prefer 2 over 3, but as it is I can't enjoy the controls.
This isn't the only flaw of 2, or the only good thing of 3. They are the worst souls, and this change wouldn't make 2 better than any other, but I still think that it's worth mentioning that I fucking hate 2's engine.
>>
>>384687538
I am still right.
>>
>>384687173
I played and enjoyed 2. it is definitely the weakest in the series though. it completely lacks pacing and level design isn't as good as the other games
>>
>>384687705
>If 2 had the same engine as 1 or 3, then I'd prefer 2 over 3, but as it is I can't enjoy the controls.
I don't know if the engine can be blamed beyond desynced hitboxes. Most of 2's flaws were very deliberate. So you'd still get robot enemies rollerblading all over you well after attack windups, delayed attacks, delayed rolls, delayed actions, disgusting recoveries on everything and so on.
>>
>>384666198
Only play dark souls 2 to PvP with my friends, it's fun to fuck around in a high level. I guess it's a good game to play once if you want PvE, but it's not very impressive.
>>
>>384666765

And ENB
>>
>>384688214
>I guess it's a good game to play once if you want PvE
Nope
>>
>>384688214
People say the opposite, you should struggle with garbage PvE for the PvP. It's not worth it.
>>
>>384671556
The iframes in DS2 were a lot closer to the beginning of the roll, rather than half way through. People accustomed to Dark Souls 1 were simply rolling too early most of the time and never learned to adjust. Kind of like how they never learned to adjust to iframes being based on a stat.
>>
Am i the only one here who thought BB's combat was the best? Aside from the gun spam/gems/connectivity issues/lack of build variety:
>fluid movement
>no backstab BS
>people couldnt abuse parrys cuz of bullet timing
>every weapon is viable, so thats more than das3
>you can just dodge out of being stunlocked most of the time
>trick weapons transform attack fluidly blends in your combos so there is more variety in your moveset and combos in 1 weapon than in other games, and you can manipulate range and spacing with this too. THIS is the biggest plus unique to BB
>>
Im just going to leave this here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXntV2ppnL4
>>
File: 1500026088922.webm (3MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1500026088922.webm
3MB, 1280x800px
>>384687173
>it's okay to single it out and call it the only bad game in the series?
>>
>>384688475
>Am I the only one who thought that the game with the most diverse weapon movesets and playstyle had the best combat?
Yes you are the only one
What a breakthrough
>>
>>384668639
but the worst everything else.
>>
>>384688475
Too bad it had the worst pvp in the series.
>>
File: bloodborne shitboxes 1.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne shitboxes 1.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>384687493
Uh huh.
>>
>>384680735
The lost of orbs was detrimental, but DS2 still had the best covenants despite that.

Weapon diversity is easily the best by a huge margin, movesets were just as varied as any other game in the series, technically moreso, and with more weapons being statistically viable, there was innately more variety.

PvP is/was populated, and it was very easy to find a match at any SM level, and the aforementioned variety also lent well to the quality of the PvP

Power stance is useful outside of gimmicks, but then again, you are likely using gimmick to mean anything you don't personally like to just dismiss it out of hand without forming an actual argument.
>>
>>384688558
So they are exactly the same as the DS3 hitboxes?
>>
>>384688558
>>384687705
>>384687173
I find DS2 combat to be weird and floaty, with very sluggish movements.
>>
File: ducking drakekeeper swings.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ducking drakekeeper swings.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>384688289
He hates it though? Learn what you're shitposting about before you speak. He's doing a retrospective half review half playthrough of SotFS to get a fresh opinion on it now.

>>384687705
>that webm
lol
>>
>>384669631
Surprise, surprise, not taking any damage during the early game is meant to be challenging. You can still successfully dodge roll any attack or shield 95% of damage.
>>
>>384688737
Even the things listed are shit, what are you on about?

Covenants are still utter shit, just like DaS
>best PvP
Still shit, just like DaS
>power stance
Shit useless mechanic
>weapon diversity
lol no
>new game+ worth playing
How is ng+ worth playing when not even the base game is worth playing?
>>
File: bloodborne shitboxes 2.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne shitboxes 2.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>384688558
Learn to roll with low ADP.
Bloodborne also does that shit too, see >>384688874
>>
File: 1491950059800.jpg (114KB, 841x475px) Image search: [Google]
1491950059800.jpg
114KB, 841x475px
>>384666198
Dark Souls 3 sucks lmao
It's so fucking boring, how did they make a Souls game so generic and bland?
The combat is somehow more shallow than all the others, it feels like a shittier Bloodborne and world design is like a shitter version of every game that had come before.
That's right, DS3's world is worse than DS2's. 2's might not have made sense but it at least it had a lot of different colors and theme's, DS3 is just muddy greys and blue and it's cathedral after cathedral and then a shitty swamp.
>>
>>384688558
>So, as you can see, ADP is a VERY good stat to have
>>
>>384689125
If only bloodborne had it:
>>384689057
>>384688874
>>
>>384667709
>Des
>polished
It's anything but
>>
>>384686152
To like nitpicking about muh grafix ?
>>
>>384689402
Terrible art direction on top of a bad game can't be ignored. Maybe if this was about low res textures or jaggies you'd have a point.
>>
>>384679461
>>384679867
m-m-m-m-m-m-muh G R A P H I X
>>
>>384689518
Yeah, I guess you're right, if exaggerating a bit.
>>
>>384680590
>You are the cancer eating away at this fucking fanbase.
fuck the souls fanbase, it shouldnt exists
>>
>>384673925
Poise only works during hyper armor frames, and certain weapons get more hyper armor, like great hammers. It's still a bastardized system compared to the excellent hybrid system in Dark Souls 2 that reduced the passive poise from Dark Souls 1 and brought in hyper armor for certain weapons/moves that amplified poise temporarily. The only weapons in Dark Souls 3 that have enough poise to matter are the ultras and I think the hammers. If you have a slowish weapon outside of those categories, enjoy always getting staggered by fast weapons.
>>
Ds2 has bad gameplay, but if you are into elderscrolls/MMO type 'build-a-hero' type stuff then you will likely enjoy ds2.
>>
>>384689608
It's good for laughing at autists defending their flagship game.
>>
>>384689057
You are fake news
>>
>>384673045
Dark Souls 2 had a more robust system in that regard that still incorporated passive poise. Certain weapons categories get absolutely fucked by the poise system in Dark Souls 3, where they're still slow but get relatively little hyper armor, namely halberds and scythes. Also, even on ultra weapons, you need pretty high poise to really make use of the hyper armor.
>>
>>384666198
>There are people who think Shiteater MuhHP is a better dragon fight than Sinh.
>>
If you like the RPG aspect of Souls games, you will like DS2 more. The stats are more important in this game than any other.
>>
>>384674031
3 does have waaaaay worse phantom range in PVP than DS2 does now. Release 2 was definitely worse in PVE but 3 phantom range makes it unplayable.
>>
>>384677186
Uh, it does what it says it does in game.

>Agility
>In-Game Description
>Boosts ease of evasion and other actions.

So you basically can't read.
>>
>>384691228
he probably never hit the select
like the game says you can at the bottom of the menu screen
>>
While I understand why some people would prefer DaS3's combat over the slower combat the series is known for, if I wanted to play a fast-paced action game I'd just replay the infinitely better Devil May Cry series. They even have better build variety.
>>
>>384692676
There are two "slow" paced games in this series, one of which is slow for all the wrong reasons, with the other three all being fast paced.
>>
There is a discord out there that has a bunch of people who get together to discuss how they will shitpost on /v/ about Dark Souls 2. Some of them genuinely enjoy the game somehow and want /v/ to love it too. Some hate the game but shitpost anyways because they're degenerates. Some don't care much but hate Dark Souls 3 and/or Bloodborne so they want anyone who likes those games to suffer. One day, they'll hopefully disband and forget, but until then, we're stuck with these threads with incredibly obvious bait posts.
>>
>>384692820
> the other three all being fast paced.

Even if we accept BB as part of the series this isn't true.
>>
>>384688895
>DaS2 had the best covenants despite the items needed to work those covenants properly being absent.
Surely you must be joking. And you didn't even try to refute the sorry state of ratbros, bellbros, and blueberries being invalidated by knights of blue.

>Weapon diversity is easily the best by a huge margin
Again, DaS2 suffers from the most egregious weapon bloat in the series. The box art promised OVER 100 DISTINCT* WEAPONS. The asterisk to that statement is that 90% of those weapons are reskinned variants of the stock straight sword/spear/halberd etc. weapons, without even a different moveset. Having a few numbers tweaked in the stat screen does not a distinct weapon make, nor does it add to weapon variety. You are delusional if you ware unwilling to admit this.

>It was easy to find a match at every SM level
Irrelevant. If I want to pvp at a set SL range I can eat shit or gimp my character by wasting a ring slot on a retarded """""fix"""""" that should have just been eliminating the mechanic altogether. Population != quality, that's like saying that Transformers is a good movie series because China shits a half billion dollars into Michael Bay's wallet whenever he makes one.
>SM added to the quality of pvp
Ebin, simply ebin. All it did was turn the meta into two overleveled SL250+ havelmonsters duking it out with their 20 stacked buffs in the arena (because invasions were borked). There is no way you can spin this into being a positive, just like there is no way you can spin throwing everything into dueling to be a positive in the pvp scene.

Making all weapons dual wield-able is always detrimental to game balance. Always. It either is nerfed to become useless (as in DaS2) or it makes half of the weapons in the game useless (as in Halo). It is not a good idea.
>>
>>384693149
If das and des are slow paced, then das2 is slug paced
>>
>>384693231
And where did I imply otherwise? Are you going to post something that means anything?
>>
>>384667912
>if you need agi to dodge, why not need stats to not miss attacks? It's an RPG, anon. Stats mattered
>>
>>384693363
>if you need agi to dodge
You don't.

> why not need stats to not miss attacks?
The more accurate parallel would be a stat that makes you attack faster or with a wider arc, which would be a perfectly legitimate stat.
>>
>>384666198
DS2 is hot garbage, broken by design, and easily the worst game in the series.
>>
>>384693149
How so?

>>384693231
DeS is not slow paced. DaS and DaS2 are.
>>
>>384693498
What the fuck, why should I need stats to have my button inputs work properly? The entire point of active dodging by pressing the dodge button is to replace the need for an AGI stat governing your character's AGI. This isn't turn based shit where your character stands stock-still and a calculator governs whether the incoming attack did damage based on their stats. You press the dodge button to make it happen. Adding an AGI stat on top of this is redundant and doesn't mix. While we're at it, why not also add in stats that govern how much battery is left in my controller or whether or not the screen display functions correctly, since we're in the business of adding stats that interfere with the functionality of your ability to input controls to your character.
>>
Sure is fun fighting Armoured Pleb #25748963
>>
>>384693895
Yeah man, and why cant i use this 2h sword as a caster and do damage? whats this garbage shit, i press the attack button it should attack all the same. and why cant i roll in full armor? real knights could whats this stupid ass anime bullshit? man fuck this garbage ass game im gonna play the superior skyrim.
>>
>>384694372
I could fight Armored McTalls all day as long as they have creative movesets. That's where Tanimura fucked up.
>>
>>384693191
>weapon bloat
hahahaahahaahahahahahahahaha
What a meme!
>Having a few numbers tweaked in the stat screen does not a distinct weapon make, nor does it add to weapon variety.
DAS2 has huge weapon variety because every single weapon has a different move set. Straightswords for example are not all the same like they are in 3 and 1. Each weapon within the single class has something the other doest, like the short sword has a thrusting one0handed R2 attack while the long sword has horizontal swing as its 1 handed r2. The Heide Knight Sword is a high vertical swinging one handed r1 attack, trumping both the long sword and straight sword in the scenario of being in a tight corridor, the caveat being that it is a faith weapon.
No other game in the series has this much detail in its weapon variety.
>>
>>384694492
Epic strawman argument buddy, you sure showed me with that total lack of comprehension and list of false equivalencies! Tell me: did you have to go to school to learn how to be this stupid, or are you naturally talented?
>>
File: 1500627890037.jpg (497KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500627890037.jpg
497KB, 1920x1080px
>>384667167
KEK
DS2 FAGS UTTERLY BTFO
>>
>>384694619
>Why do i need stat to do thing? this is bullshit
>YEAH WHY DO I NEED STAT TO DO THING? THIS IS BULLSHIT
>thats not the same at all retard
>>
>>384694760
>Still not getting it: the post
Try not to pop a blood vessel. Here's something basic that your mom should have shown you when you were little: different things are actually different. So, when you make the post
>Why do i need stat to do thing? this is bullshit
>YEAH WHY DO I NEED STAT TO DO THING? THIS IS BULLSHIT
When you actually mean
>Why do i need stat to do thing A? this is bullshit
>YEAH WHY DO I NEED STAT TO DO THING B? THIS IS BULLSHIT
When things A and B aren't the same, you look like a total retard.
>>
>>384694946
>stats governing ingame mechanics are completely different than stats governing ingame mechanics you fucking pleb look i said it is therefore it must be true because im a PHD in retardology and my thesis on being a retard was peer reviewed by the greatest minds of this generations kindergarten.
>>
>>384695149
>Stat added to govern rolling effectiveness conflicts with the pre-existing system of what governs rolling effectiveness and therefore should be removed
>LOL THIS MEANS THAT ALL STATS ARE WORTHLESS
I'm going to assume that you're baiting at this point. That's my favor to you. This is your last (you) from me, spend it wisely.
>>
>>384681290
Hang on dipshit, the ENGINE can't handle complex moves on the offhand?? Like, the game engine is right-handed? What are you talking about please
>>
>>384666198
Dark Souls 2 is just too difficult, I died to some weird ogre thing like 3 minutes into the game, it was the first fucking enemy.
>>
>>384686529
The lighting engine got scrapped because poor planning
>>
>>384695374
>slide down ladder
>slide through floor
>keep going
DS1 and DS2 have the same problem. Consoles fucked it up. Everyone griping about DS2 being ugly and the lighting being bad should thank their Sony/MS overlords for not letting the game be what it was going to.
>>
>humanoid DaS2 boss
>boss shares basically the exact same moveset as the guys throughout the level
>only real difference is amount of HP, damage, and some particle effects
What did bteam mean by this?
>>
>>384695737
You're right.

Thank you Sony for being solely responsible for the Souls games existing
>>
File: 1456448950206.png (34KB, 590x411px) Image search: [Google]
1456448950206.png
34KB, 590x411px
>>384695737
You're an idiot. DS2 is ugly and has no lighting and no environment decorations because they had to rebuild the game from the assets they had very late into the project's life.
>>
>>384666198

DaS2 is vastly superior to DaS3, i barely even made it through one playthrough of 3 and have yet to do DLC. There may be disproportionate chunks of DaS2 that feel rough, but the overall experience is just plain better. More weapons, more spells, more viable build options, more paths through the game, more interesting/varied DLCs. /v/'s majority opinion that "hurr durr Das2 is shit" is mostly fueled by children who desperately want to fit in on an anonymous messageboard geared towards faggy weebs
>>
>>384668639
Covenants are OK, PvP fags ruined the series, power stance is OK, Bloodborne has the worst weapon variety but the most varied weapons and puts DaS2 to shame in that regard, and NG+ just added poorly-animated shitters with falcons and other tedious bullshit.

An idea is worthless if you can't execute it
>>
>>384696386
This is false. Dark Souls 3 is good for the same reason people liked Dark Souls 1 - the lore and backstory and environmental story telling, as well as fast paced gameplay and overall atmosphere. You can very well argue that Dark Souls 3 is worse than 1 in the story/backstory department, but it completely crushes Dark Souls 2 in pretty much everything that isn't equipment variety.

Dark Souls 2 is good only for those people that are looking for a mindless dungeon crawler and to fuck around with lots of equipment - ie, PvP autists.
>>
>>384696386
/v/'s minority opinion that "hurr durr Das2 is great" is mostly fueled by children who desperately want to stand out on an anonymous messageboard geared towards faggy weebs

I hate /v/ even more than I hate DaS2 which I thought was not possible and it's entirely because of retarded newfags like you, fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
>>384696670
This, but unfortunately ds2 also fucked the lore by forcing the cycles meme so fucking hard.
>>
About to start Dark Souls 2 as my first Souls game because Humble Bundle gave it to me. Any tips? I'm sure I'm going to suck ass and die a ton, I'm terrible at these games.
>>
>>384696201
All i get from that is tanimura is a retard or let himself be thrown under the bus for why DS2 got restarted halfway through. He doesnt say why, except "IT DIDNT FEELS DARK SOLES" except DS2 doesnt feel dark souls. but he says it does. so again, admitted retard.

>Its totes not hardware we just did it because reasons. reasons anon. good ones. we promise.
>>
>>384696504

NG+ also added ring upgrades, additional weapons, and a surprising number of augmented encounters. There's also rewards for finishing the game with no bonfires/no deaths, which can be done on NG+. Considering how many players go through NG+ in souls in general, id say they were some pretty sweet ideas and its a shame the other titles didnt take a cue from this. Sounds like you never really played DaS2 NG+.

Overall bloodborne is unquestionably the better game, but it's NG+ is basically pointless, and chalice dungeons fit the exact kind of argument you described yourself: great in theory, absolute bland garbage in reality. also it's more of an action game than the souls games IMO, exacerbated by its limited build variety.
>>
>>384696887
it got restarted halfway through because the original director, who was making Dark Souls 2 into an open-world dragon age inspired game, either quit, left, or got assassinated. What happened to him is a complete mystery, guy just disappeared (same thing as that MGS writer who poofed after mgs3). That's why he doesn't mention the guy at all, it's not polite to talk to people that aren't there anymore, especially if they fucked up and can't defend themselves.
>>
>>384696814

16 year old detected. summer's almost over kiddo.

>>384696670

DaS3 levels, atmosphere, etc basically just reeks of "bloodborne with shoehorned DaS lore". It's shit. The fact that you are a lorefag only underscores how irrelevant your opinion is. Unlike >>384667014, I do love souls titles, but he is right that the lore in general is fucking stupid and the "fan theories" that come from it are some of the most cringeworthy shit in existence.
>>
>>384697012
>open world dragon age inspired game
>source: my ass
>>
>>384697149
>Stop saying that only the REAL souls fans like the series for reasons I don't like! You aren't a REAL souls fan! Only I (and the other enlightened patricians who like DaS2 who like the series for the same reasons I like it) are the REAL souls fans!
The absolute irony of this post
>>
>>384697149
Funny thing is I'm definitely older than you, judging by the fact that 16 years old is young by your standards. Keep projecting like the moron you are and please do kill yourself.
>>
>>384697405

Who are you quoting?

>>384697437

Whatever helps you sleep at night little guy. Get a job.
>>
>>384697149
>The fact that you are a lorefag only underscores how irrelevant your opinion is.
really?
Because so far the ONLY good Souls games have been games that disregarded the PvP and focused on environment and lore.

Just kill yourself. You're fucking cancer along with Peeve and all those mongols.
>>
>>384697521
The projecting special snowflake retard is also a meme spouting autist, what a twist
>>
>>384697437
>You are like little babby who think 16 is young!
uh. im not the dude youre talkin to but, in what fuckin way does this make sense?
like..if he thinks 16 is young wouldnt that mean hes old as shit, are you like, 80 then?
did you even think that shit through dog?
>>
>>384697686
The retards have taken over Souls and ruined it like they do with literally everything, let it go
>>
>>384697829
>check timeline of DS1 pc release
>check when retard memes started popping up
>le GIT GUD
>el GET REKTO
Hmmmmmmmmm.
My noggin
She a joggin
>>
>>384667709
When will this Dark Souls 3 was bad meme end.
>>
>>384698151
>ds3 bad a meme
I bet you think DS2 is good too, you retarded faggot.
>No DS2 is bad th-
WHEN WILL THIS FUCKING MEME DIE GOSH.
>strawm-
Nigger.
>>
>>384696959
>bloodborne NG+ is pointless
Except it's has an actually interesting narrative with quest lines worth pursuing in an absorbing world with fun combat. I went straight into NG+ to do everything I couldn't do in NG, because Bloodborne is a good game.
>>
If you think ADP is even a fraction of a good idea I want you to explode
>>
>>384698369
I think you are gay
>>
>>384698378
>Couldnt do on NG
Like what? NG+ in BB adds nothing except maybe having an end-game build can compensate for you being garbage.
>>
>>384698485
Bend over and lets find out.
>>
>>384697776
I can guarantee you the poster is a 19 year old faggot desperately trying to fit in, that's the kinda people that usually scream underage and newfag as an insult.
>>
>>384688943
I actually find that in DS1. No idea why.
>>
>>384698676
>hollow soldier raises axe, zoops 10 feet forward, hits you without animating anything but a downward swing
Gee i wonder.
>>
>>384696670
>Dark Souls 3 is good for the same reason people liked Dark Souls 1 - the lore and backstory and environmental story telling, as well as fast paced gameplay and overall atmosphere.
Are you high or just pretending to be retarded?
That's not why DS1 is good. It's good because of the Metroid-like world design and tightly designed areas.
lore, backstory, and environmental storytelling is a meme for faggots who wish they were playing a more story-driven RPG but Dark Souls is popular so they're stuck playing this shit instead.
>>
>>384688974
And he's liking it more than DaS3 so far.
>>
>>384699008
DS3 also has tightly designed areas, it's just very linear.
>>
>>384696871
>Any tips?
Invest in a good shield and level up your Vitality and Adaptability. ADP is good for more than just agility as it increases your overall resistance to a lot of things. Shields are at their best in DS2, better than any other game in the series
>>
>>384698508
NG+ was never supposed to add anything in any game you utter, utter idiot. It's there for you to have another chance to grab any items you missed or complete any NPC quest you didn't finish. DaS2 just haphazardly adds a handful of enemies, adds some + variations to rings and ruins the few good bosses this garbage game had with black phantom NPCs for no fucking reason other than "DARK SOULS IS HARD AMIRITE". There wasn't anything they could add that would make it better, anyway, since the base game was already a pile of fucking trash, both figuratively and literally.

Garbage game marketed towards garbage fucking players with no taste and no sense of what makes a game unique and memorable. It's ok if you enjoy it but don't go around spouting stupid shit like "DaS2 is a flawed diamond" expecting not to get called out like the retard you truly are.
>>
>>384699008
Did you play Dark Souls on release as a big Demon's Souls fan? If not then your opinion doesn't matter.
>>
>>384699238
>hey let's make NG+ more fun and interesting than in previous entries to the series!
>NO YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO MAKE THE GAME MORE FUN REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>384699107
On their own, some of the areas are really good in 3. I personally love the Demon Ruins and Archdragon Peak. Its just the overall structure of the world is a chore to play through because of how linear it is.
>>
>>384699238
>DARK SOULS IS HARD AMIRITE
Oh youre one of those retards, with a dash of
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE ITS NOT WHY STUFF IS GOOD!
Cool, go do the world a favor, go find a pony thread to hang out in in the /trash/ and choke on a horsedick.
>>
>>384693895
Have you ever played an RPG before?
>>
>>384699389
I played Kings Field kid, looks your opinion is the one that doesnt matter ;^)
>>
>>384699520
>I played a different series thats nothing similar mechanically
Cool, I played pong on my coleco.
By your metrics i win: DS2 is a good game.
What.
Now.
Faggot.
>>
>>384699409
>let's make NG+ more fun and interesting
>2 black phantom pyromancer in one of the 4 bosses in the game that is not a ganksquad
>wow so much fun, this is so interesting
You're a moron. The base game is shit, if ng+ is not a completely different game then it doesn't fucking matter.
>>
>>384699615
>DS2 is a good game.
>What.
>Now.
>Faggot.
I agree :)
>>
>>384683494
Wrong. The game was hyped during the release and people loved it. That is until matthewmathosis made a review of it and people jumped on the bandwagon.
>>
File: 1480804714772.jpg (113KB, 952x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480804714772.jpg
113KB, 952x720px
Just started das2 scholar edition lads.

What class is the best for a BBfag?
>>
>>384699682
Explorer
High ADP and they come with a lot of healing items
>>
>>384699682
The class that makes you realize that 2 is slow as fuck and you should play it with a bb mentality.
>>
>>384666198
ADP was ass but AGL I thought had the potential to be a really interesting mechanic, had it affected anything other than rolling.

It'd be cool if it was a stat that scaled with equip load and END, and increased sprint acceleration, backstep distance/the distance of jump attacks.
>>
>>384699660
Yeah well shows what y-oh
Carry on then.
>>
File: 1486392112669m.jpg (127KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1486392112669m.jpg
127KB, 1024x1024px
>>384683836
>they'll still mark non-Souls games down for being too hard and will compare them to Dark Souls (even though Souls games really aren't that fucking hard once you get used to the mechanics, they're honestly about as hard as any other action game).

But nioh got good reviews while being called a souls clone
>>
>>384699682
Keep in mind though that DaS2 is a much slower and defensive game. Once you get used to the pace, then you can start playing more aggressively
>>
>>384666198
>new interesting ideas Dark Souls 2 had
like what? all I can think of is powerstancing and the torch thing but that last one wasn't even actually implemented until SotFS
>>
>>384673241
Objectively correct.
DaS 2 fags have shit taste.
>>
>>384699457
But it's not, I'm way more qualified than you to articulate what makes the games great because I'm the one that made them popular, I was the one that imported DeS while you were busy playing FO3 on your dad's PC, I'm the one that was anxiously waiting for Dark Souls to release while the clueless you was putting in his preorder for Skyrim on gamestop. Call me an elitist but I'm part of the reason you're playing this shit while you're part of the reason it turned to shit, that fact will never change.
>>
>>384699890
Agility speeds up your item usage. It means you heal faster and cast spells faster
that's why Attunement also builds up your agility
>>
>>384699184
Is this for any class? I was looking at being a Cleric because I figured healing and ranged attacks will be good, but if just blocking shit to begin with is better that's fine with me.
>>
>>384681290
Had it ended up better than Dark Souls 2 I would still be playing it and would be very happy the series is dead. It's something I really desperately wanted to happen but it's clear now that it just didn't.
>>
>>384698151
probably when the Dark Souls 2 was good meme ends
>>
>>384700057
bonfire ascetic
left handing weapons
small white soapstone
back-step having iframes
>>
>>384699672
So fucking new you weren't even here for DaS2 release, how pathetic is that. The majority of all communities, including /v/, was shitting on this garbage game way before Matthewwhatever made his video on it, stop blaming the hate on a fad and just admit that you like a shit game.
>>
>>384682212
Blame Sony being jews about IP.
>>
File: 20170503095542_1.jpg (275KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170503095542_1.jpg
275KB, 1360x768px
>>384700138
I was speaking generally buy a Cleric would be agood choice for exactly that reason. Healing is scarce in the early game. There are some really good Faith weapons in DS2 also, this is my build
>>
>>384699682
The stop playing shit games and start with the original you fucking retard class
>>
>>384680189
yeah look at those retarded trees
>>
>>384700153
It did happen, you just have shit taste and you most likely started with the Prepare to Petition edition
>>
I would like to add for anyone just starting out in DS2 is that Agility is somewhat overstated in its importance, I would say that for a casual playthrough without specializing, you should raise your agility to 95, because that is equal to a fast roll in DS1.
You should only invest in more if you're a spell caster wearing lighter armor
>>
>>384700391
>company wants to withhold assets that are rightfully theirs
>omg such jews
Kill yourself
>>
File: 20170126141945_1.jpg (250KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170126141945_1.jpg
250KB, 1360x768px
>>
>>384700760
>defending Jews
>implying that the developer shouldn't have rights to their own creations
>>
File: 20161023230759_1.jpg (247KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20161023230759_1.jpg
247KB, 1280x720px
Post characters
>>
File: 32556790.png (467KB, 995x789px) Image search: [Google]
32556790.png
467KB, 995x789px
>>384700625
>wanting variety in an RPG is shit taste

well there's not much going for this conversation
>>
File: 20160622154944_1.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20160622154944_1.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>384700867
They created it with Sony money for Sony you idiot, learn how capitalism works and stop being a retarded kid
>>
File: 20170407195945_1.jpg (182KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170407195945_1.jpg
182KB, 1360x768px
>>
>>384701003
>defending a system that only hurts the end-user/consumer, ie, you, you retard
Lay off the sherm.
>>
>>384700949
>Dark Souls
>RPG
Keep saying stupid shit, it's actually hilarious

>there's not much going for this conversation
It's not really a conversation, you have no fucking clue what you're talking about
>>
File: thor das2.webm (2MB, 840x472px) Image search: [Google]
thor das2.webm
2MB, 840x472px
>>384700138
Not much use for healing or the lightning spells for sure. Life gems do the healing and faith build for lightning is just not good.

Mace is an awesome starter weapon though. Can carry you whole vanilla game if you so wish.
>>
>>384701107
Well it's been working quite well so far but sure, go ahead and show us something better you rebellious teenager autist.
>>
File: fashiontest1.jpg (97KB, 370x670px) Image search: [Google]
fashiontest1.jpg
97KB, 370x670px
>>384700881
>>
>>384700350
How about you do your research before you spout shit from what your retarded mind is remembering . Go look at the metacritic reviews since that's what was linked earlier. The first two pages are filled with 9/10 10/10 and a lot of 0's since people had bugs at release. Around page 3 is when matthew's video started getting traction along with the release of Fungo's analysis.
>>
>>384701261
>show us something better
Regulated capitalism kept in check by a government who gives a fuck about its people, who arent lethargic shitbags or corporate #DickSuckers (Thats you)
>>
>>384701152
That was what I ran through my first playthrough. Mace and pre-nerf lighting spears. Never actually changed weapons outside of trying them out.
>>
>>384701319
What in the actual fuck, you are citing Metacritic user reviews and you're calling me retarded?

>research
That's the difference you absolute mongoloid, I don't need to do research because I was here, I can just recall it from my fucking memory.
>>
>>384701521
>Go look at the metacritic reviews since that's what was linked earlier
You sure your memory is good? Since your reading comprehension is one of a toddler.
>>
>>384701445
So capitalism, just with your feelings on top of it. What the fuck am I doing talking to a retard of your caliber
>>
>>384701148
>It's not really a conversation, you have no fucking clue what you're talking about

This coming from the guy arguing Dark Souls isn't an RPG.
>>
>>384701148
>Dark Souls
>not an RPG
this is a new level of contrarianism
>>
>>384701627
Showing the world how much of a brand whore your dumb ass is? Seemed pretty obvious to me.

>Prop up a broken system that only benfits the top 4%
>isnt the top 4%
>says other people are retarded while doing so
Loving
Every
Laugh
=)
>>
>>384701614
I started my argument by quoting this post >>384699672

What the fuck does that have to do with metacritic. Even if it was mentioned earlier in your discussion with another retard I'm just addressing this specific statement. Maybe it's you who needs proper reading comprehension so you can learn how to converse.
>>
File: 20161201194904_1.jpg (540KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161201194904_1.jpg
540KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>384701631
>>384701645
>these are your standard Souls fans nowadays
Pathetic
>>
File: Elite Knight Set 2 3 comparison.jpg (176KB, 400x780px) Image search: [Google]
Elite Knight Set 2 3 comparison.jpg
176KB, 400x780px
What happened to all the colors in Dark Souls 3? 2 has so much of it but 3 is a just a blurry gray mess
>>
>>384702235
I know
Why cant they just play the best platforming visual novel of the year, dark souls 3, and enjoy it.
>>
File: 20170127231425_1.jpg (288KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170127231425_1.jpg
288KB, 1360x768px
>>
>>384702235
Not an argument friendo. Please elaborate on why you think the Souls series are not RPGs
>>
>>384702337
>>384702469
If you can beat the game without leveling up then it's not an RPG. RPG does not mean you can dress up however you want.
>>
>>384702646
It's not that you don't need to level up but the fact that the game allows you to beat it if you know what you're doing. That doesn't make it less of an RPG tho.
>>
>>384702646
>chrono trigger
>not an RPG
Seems legit.
>>
>dark souls 1
>miracles are ok
>dark souls 2
>miracles are complete shit and useless
>dark souls 3
>miracles are complete shit and useless
I just want to look cool and throw lightning at people
why does From hate fun stuff?
>>
>>384702815
Name a single RPG that lets you beat the game without leveling up. The fact that even leveling up is optional should give you a hint as to what kind of game Dark Souls is.
>>
>>384703105
Fallout 1, Fallout 2, FF8,
>>
>>384703318
I said a single
>>
File: Arnie2.jpg (71KB, 559x598px) Image search: [Google]
Arnie2.jpg
71KB, 559x598px
I leave /v/ for more than year, and come back to see that these threads are still happening...

What the fuck is wrong with you people? Can't you think of other things to talk about? What can you possibly get out of discussing the same thing multiple times per day, every single day? Nobody will ever change their mind on DS vs DS2 vs DS3 vs BB. This shit needs to stop.
>>
>>384703402
Sorry, you get trippledunked instead, nugget.
>>
I much prefer DaS3 over DaS2 but there's not a single thing I can think of that I want returning in the next Souls game from DaS3. I can't think up a decent list for what I want to return from DaS2 though.
>>
>>384702996
Miracles in DaS3 are super strong
>>
>>384703318
Ah yes, I love these vast dialogue options Dark Souls has that lets me skip combat, what a great RPG
>>
>>384703615
You seem to be in err, friend. What you ment to type was
>sunlight spear with a specific build and autistic hypermode prep, is super strong.
Hope this helps in the future.
>>
>>384703748
Me too
>ashen one, ashen one! I wish to fight you!
>speech (99%): I Roll
>nyoron~
>>
If by flawed diamond you mean that stupid fucking level with those witches in the fucking water.
>>
>>384703947
>He cant just run through naked with the great club and R2 knock them down, since they cant stand back up, leaving a path of dickwhipped waifus on their backs, wondering what hit them
>>
File: 1480079240228.gif (1MB, 245x280px) Image search: [Google]
1480079240228.gif
1MB, 245x280px
>>384703947
>he can't parry spells
>>
>>384703438
We still discuss Morrowind vs Oblivion and Skyrim too.
>>
why does any of the extra content matter if the combat and enemy encounters are ass? A turd covered in gold and encrusted with gems is still a turd
>>
>>384698508
There are multiple paths and secret areas and complex NPC quest lines and new (interesting and new, not just "the same move set with a different sword") move sets in Bloodborne. I was up to my third play through before I got close to seeing all the NPC stories and I was still riveted by the combat and trying out new weapons etc. This all relies on you being able to notice actually enjoyable, unique, interesting gameplay as opposed to the fucking dire sludge DSII offers, so if this all seems unfamiliar to you, try not to feel bad; just keep your pleb fucking opinions to yourself
>>
>>384704386
>he can't force himself to eat shit
Casual
>>
>>384700075
This. If, for example, you play Dark Souls for the PvP, you are part of the problem. There are certain unique qualities to this series that compensate for its weaknesses, because you still can't get the same feeling elsewhere. Just because a total fucking plebsterino liked DSII because it had epic PvP does not mean it was a worthy sequel.
>>
>>384704546
Not a single thing your dumb ass mentioned isnt doable in NG. NG+ bb adds absolutely nothing over NG. There are no new NPCs, there are no new questlines, there are no new pathways added. You fucking retard.
>>
>>384704759
>Ill reply to myself an hour later to pretend people cared about huffing my own farts
>>
>>384704783
There's more than one way of doing shit and you can't do it all the first time without using a guide. You're also ignoring my perfectly valid point that BB is fun to play through a second time not because the shitty placement of shitty enemies is slightly different, but because IT IS A FAR SUPERIOR VIDEOGAME
>>
>>384704931
>You cant do it without using a guide!
Or you know, making a new character. Hence doable in NG.
You fucking idiot. Just because you didnt see the fucking hallway with 4 lanterns and an NPC pointing down it yelling "HUNTAH, OI HUNTAH M8, DIS WAY FO DA BOSS SHORTYCUTTINS!" doesnt mean its NG+ content.
>>
>>384704867
>two people can't possibly BTFO me, it must be a samefag!!!!!!!
I am similar to the poster I replied to, in as much as I also imported DeS and helped popularise this series in the west by having taste and money. Try not to be too jealous eh
>>
>>384705073
>My dik smal
ok bro.
>>
>>384704867
pathetic
>>
>>384699672
The fuck are you talking about? DS2 at launch was one of the only games I sold because it was so bad. I couldn't stand more than a few weeks of that garbage.
>>
>>384705071
It's not about boss shortcuts, it's about mutually exclusive NPC quest lines and multiple endings which include a variety of content, not just three different cutscenes. If you're the person I replied to about two hours ago which kicked off this thread, you're also the person who openly admitted that BB is the far superior game. Look faggot; it's better to do a fun thing two times than a shitty thing thirty times. I have a job and other shit to attend to, I don't need to adopt a video game as my new life until the next one comes along; I wanna pick something really great to play, play it until it's finished and move the fuck on.

DSII wasted my time

BB was worth buying a PS4 for because I have money

You are a moron
>>
>>384705205
(You) sure like thinking about dicks huh
>>
>>384705451
>mutually exclusive questline
Uh, this doesnt happen in BB.

>If youre some rando faggot then
I have BB. Its better than 3 and the second half of 1, and base DS2. Otherwise its shallow and short, and forgetable compared to the other games. Hell, DS3 did maria better than BB did. Ludwigs overhyped trash. Gael shits on orphan.

Fuck. The rottien was better than that glob of turd the returned, and the rotten is one of the worst DS2 bosses.

>I CAN BUY EXPENSIVE GARBAGE THEREFORE
I have a PS4 pro and BB 100%'d
Youre still an idiot for this statement.
>>
>>384704759
I appreciate your replying, sometimes it feels like I'm the only one defending what's really important.
>>
>>384705836
Oh forgot
>multiple endings with variety of content!
>eat the cords fight the boss
>Dont eat the cords dont fight the boss
>dont fight the pre-boss
no.
>>
>>384705836
So many stupid shit in a single post, this is actually impressive
>>
File: 1500554951346.jpg (86KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1500554951346.jpg
86KB, 720x960px
>>384667051
what exactly are the good parts of
DES
DAS
PERIODBORNE
DAS3

i want an answer.
>>
>>384706214
>I have nothing to say, but ill pretend i do
>Also so many plural of a singular
>>
>>384706280
DaS had turning to human only at bonfires
This was good because it means you can get invaded on the route to the boss, rather than being already at the boss gate
>>
>>384706280
Not him but I'm gonna take sime time to reply to your stupid shit

>DeS
Everything

>DaS
Interconnected detailed world

>Bloodborne
Everything - chalice

>DaS3
Not being the shitty Dark Souls sequel
>>
>>384706341
much* sorry for triggering your autism, I type fast and never doublecheck
>>
>>384706519
>DeS
>everything
World Tendency?
>>
>>384706819
Yeah?
>>
>>384672015
that street goes 2 ways, dork.
>>
>>384706684
>giving someone a (you) because your ego got butthurt
cuckadoodle doo bitch, your wifes suns up.
>>
>>384706920
No. The way the system was set up you either fucked yourself permanently out of white tier by dieing once in human form and all the middle phases between pure black and pure white are worthless
>>
File: 224f9d64ad01d1bf5937a46ffe99eaec.jpg (343KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
224f9d64ad01d1bf5937a46ffe99eaec.jpg
343KB, 1000x1500px
>new [thing]
>despite not people liking old [thing], they'll find some way to justify it to themselves that new [thing] is shit and old [thing] has merits that were never apparent till new [thing] came out

hmm.........
>>
>>384705957
I was gonna leave but I'll make an exception for you. There are certain qualities that this series introduced which it should uphold. People insisting that, for example, DSII was superior because PvP matches were easier to find, are like people insisting that their shoes are better than yours because the heel is so heavy it can be used to hammer in nails. That is not a comfortable shoe. It's important to uphold these ideas, no matter how much meme juice is expended trying to erode them, because the prevailing public opinion can have an effect on future videogames. All I want is for From (and other developers) to make the games that they want, not the game they think some tedious autist online will buy with their allowance.

Keep fighting the good fight anon. Or just go outside and talk to women or go swimming. Whatever works
>>
>>384673670
>if youre 123812938120983721987x better than your opponent you can use any weapon you want!
no fucking shit sherlock. sorry about your brain damage
>>
>>384674303
cue the limit breakers video where he turned it on in cheat engine and showed that it wasnt in fact working before then
>>
>>384707169
World Tendency was designed to not be easily understood, as a mechanic it works perfectly for your first playthrough and enhances your experience.
>>
>>384674486
>half of the powerstance moves are useless because you get no runnings or rollings, and the only useful neutral powerstances are katanas and rapiers
retard detected
>nything but the melee top tier is garbage, but lucky you that 99% of the community is braindead so you will suceed with anything
double down on it go ahead. it was so easy to make everything good because weapons either scaled with stats or had good base with varied movesets. better than ds3's everythings the same but deals more damage.
>>
>>384677648
you dont have a problem with leveling strength so you can use fat weapons, do you?
>>
>>384707320
I've been pointlessly raging by myself just because I've been reading the studipest fucking things imaginable ITT, this post really saved my day. You're right, a vocal minority should not define the entire fanbase and as fans we should be defending what we believe to be right even if it's really frustrating to do so. Thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you have a great day friend.
>>
>>384708146
I can still deal damage without using fat weapons idiot. Since you're slow take your time to understand the context of what we're talking about.
>>
>>384708261
You too man. It's also important to remember 4chan is not real life, people here will assert the stupidest shit just for (you)s and not because they really believe it. Have a blessed day anon
>>
File: HenryFirth.png (249KB, 324x400px) Image search: [Google]
HenryFirth.png
249KB, 324x400px
>>384687173
Scholar of the First Sin's hitboxes are fucking ace. Don't care what anyone says.
>>
>>384687705
clearly rolling too late in the first part. its entirely doable.
>>
>>384673430
>heavy builds are flat out inferior
this is the case in every game
>>
>>384689048
going from 2 to 3 and seeing nothing change with ng+ is the immediate moment when i uninstalled. what a fucking bore.
>>
>>384709663
>I immediately uninstalled after I beat the game
>>
>>384706519
Des
>everything is not an argument

Das
agree

Bloodborne´s chalice dungeons were horrible and dropped because of it in later games

I dont know about 3, i hate the dlcs
>>
>>384694946
you need stats to roll like you need stats to swing your fucking sword. you did a good job baiting me though because i know youre not actually this retarded
>>
DaS 2 is a piece of shit but I still have more hours in it than the rest because it's shitty design makes it easier to cheese and thus easier to replay when I feel like doing some mindless shit
>>
File: 608.jpg (36KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
608.jpg
36KB, 709x765px
Why does everyone hate DS2? Has ancient dragon shitposting really swayed /v/'s opinion to such levels where they unironically think DS3 is superior?
>>
>>384667014
Ya just a 20gb fluke retard
>>
>>384698151
when it gets good
>>
>>384699646
if you knew anything about the sinner you would know it at least made sense for the pyromancers to be there. oh well
>>
>>384687173
People bitching about the hit boxes are usually going about it in the wrong way. The problem with them is the way DaS2 updates the hit box location. The hit box remains where you started the roll until a certain point in the roll animation, at which point it is updated to the new location. This is what causes the things in the webms to occur when the enemy will attack where the player WAS and they will still get hit. It's not the hit boxes in and of themselves, but the way the game handles those hitbox and their locations. That's why webms like yours seem to be fine. They don't involve rolling, which which is where the problems arises. DaS2 is a fundamentally broken, mediocre game. It still plays okay, and I like it, but that doesn't excuse the egregious design decisions.
>>
>>384709785
How is everything not an argument when every single game after it is a 1:1 copy of it?
>>
>>384688974
>your webm
No rolling involved, which is why the hit boxes seem to be working. All the problems with hit boxes arise from the way the game handles them when rolling. You are misunderstanding what is being talked about.
>>
>>384700075
>>384707320

You're also completely unqualified to rate the overall merit of any Souls games that came after your first, just like everyone else. Your position leaves you unable to view flaws in DeS and DaS objectively just like someone who started with Dark Souls 2 or 3 can't view their flaws objectively and harshly rate the rest of the series.

I was gonna say you were right but at this point it's clear you could clearly only articulate the way you feel like you're above everyone else and I couldn't help but stop buy and remind you that you sound like an ass sniffing bigoted piece of shit.
>>
>>384702646
ROLL PLAYING GAME, incase you didnt know what it stands for. it doesnt inherently imply leveling up.
>>
>>384709489
Do you or do you not agree that if the visible models are not lined up, it should not count it as a hit?
>>
>>384710797
That's how all the souls games handle hitboxes. DaS2 was the only one where the geniuses stripped your iframes so low that they couldn't cover up the fact that this is how the engine handles it. In all the other games, even when fatrolling, you have at least enough iframes to hide the fact that your hitbox lags behind you when you roll. In DaS2 you don't get this luxury, which breaks the game's rolling mechanics until you sink a good number of points into ADP to unfuck your movement.
>>
>Boot up DaS2
>start new character
>press button to chug estus
>walk away from keyboard to go out and grab lunch while I wait for the animation to finish
Why is the early game of DaS2 SO GOD DAMN SLOW it's fucking unbearable it's like the BotC is drunk and floating in honey
>>
>>384709607
not true. heavy builds are op enough in dark souls that literally anyone can beat the game
>>
>>384710797
>He hasn't played DaS shieldless

The same shit happens even more often and it extremely noticeable. People routinely bash hitboxes in DaS2 but I don't think they stopped to view DaS' hitboxes very objectively beforehand.
>>
>>384707320
>>384708261
how about you fucking faggots articulate what makes you so fucking above everyone else and what made those games so great then since apparently you two are the only authorities capable of beginning to understand what made the series great?
oh right you cant because out of all the posts both you have made youve just been jacking eachother off because you came early to the series. no one gives a fuck, and this is from someone with your background.
>>
File: 1452278274_#DarkSouls 1.jpg (161KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1452278274_#DarkSouls 1.jpg
161KB, 768x1024px
>>384708398
you completely missed the point of what im saying but thats alright, i know autists browse this board too.
>>
>>384711012
Demon's Souls is by far my favourite but I can objectively say that Dark Souls is better and a worthy sequel. Same thing for Bloodborne to Dark Souls. It actually makes me happy that Miyazaki understands what made these games great regardless of what hipster kids on the internet think and it shows.
>>
Ds2 was worst Souls.
>>
>>384687173
Well you've been btfo and have run away, but if you ever come back, please state an example of warped reality as pathetic as windows existing inside a building that aren't there from outside

I'll wait; you're probably busy having tonnes of fun playing DSII :^)

>>384711408
How about you contribute yourself instead of criticising us? Got any ideas of your own there fagtron?

>>384711012
Except DeS was my first and the most recent one I played (BB) is my favourite.

P.s. I'm better than you anon
Thread posts: 487
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.