[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did MGS3 have a lore reason for why Snake couldn't use enemy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: mgs3hd.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
mgs3hd.png
2MB, 1366x768px
Did MGS3 have a lore reason for why Snake couldn't use enemy guns, like NANOMACHINES in the other games?
>>
>>384664861
Not really. Most I can think of is that Snake already picks up a copy of some of their guns and doesn't want to swap whole guns when he can keep the one in his inventory and just loot ammo off of gaurds.
>>
He was specifically supposed to make his presence known in the second mission to prove to the Russians that the Americans were taking care of Volgin and The Boss.
>>
>>384664861
He was autistic about guns and only liked brand new ones.
>>
File: MGS remake.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MGS remake.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
he didn't HIT THE LEVER
>>
>>384664861
Sigint told him not to.
>>
>>384664861
The guards had slings so he couldnt figure out how to remove them.
>>
>>384664861
He couldn't afford to sacrifice the room he needed for carrying noodles, pets, and girly mags.
>>
>>384664861
You get plenty of weapons that use the same ammo. No need to swap weapons I guess
>>
Their guns weren't part of the basics of CQC.
>>
>>384664861
Correct me if i'm wrong
But I believe its because the "leave no traces behind" thing, and Snake snuck around real good.

Kind of like how in Resident Evil, in canon none of them got bitten, even though in game u got bitten all the time.
>>
>>384664861
They were commie guns.
>>
>>384664861
He was too lazy to take them off their persons.
>>
>>384665608
kind of like the respawn stations in borderlands are not canon, because none of them actually died during the game
>>
>>384665557
>>
ok, bro, all jokes aside, the reason he didn't pick their guns was because technology wasn't good enough at the time
>>
>>384664861
That might work for the Virtuous Mission in theory since Sokolov's extraction only seemed to go wrong when Ocelot and the Boss showed up.

But it's really just a game play convention.
>>
>>384665290
>all this effort for a pachinko advertisement
>>
>>384664861
For what reason would BB have even picked up one of those slav guns? He seemed perfectly fine with a tranq and whatever he found laying around. If I'm not wrong, isn't it canon that BB and Solid try to avoid killing as much as possible?
>>
>>384666086
It's not an advertisement, it's part of the machine
>>
>>384665914
>because technology wasn't good enough
Horsecocks.

Shooters have let you pick up enemies' weapons since fucking Wolfenstein 3D. The enemy soldiers in Metal Gear Solid going back to 1 are loot bags that drop equipment when you kill them or shake them down.

The reason they don't drop their guns is because the designers wanted to make the games STEALTH and choke 3 people to get their 15 grenades, 2 Assault Rifles, and a Combat Shotgun and Rambo it. The reason is that to maintain some kind of progression gate; they don't drop their guns with their other goodies in 3.

Even in MGS4 where supposedly you are gathering firearms from fallen enemies; it's really just a set of currency to allow you to eventually unlock them.
>>
>>384664861
the answer is no

he actually can use weapons that the enemy are equipped with, but it's always as a pickup at mostly a fixed location

MGS4 just gave it more of a narrative reason
>>
File: liq.jpg (2KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
liq.jpg
2KB, 264x191px
>>384666276
>isn't it canon that BB and Solid try to avoid killing as much as possible?
Definitely not for Solid
>>
>>384665290
>remake

It's not even running on fox but some CGI render.
>>
>>384664861
>Did MGS3 have a lore reason for why Snake couldn't use enemy guns, like NANOMACHINES in the other games?

Guns are like dicks. So picking up an enemy's gun is the same thing as grabbing a dude's dick and Snake ain't homo like that.
>>
>>384665717
True. Until BL2 tried to make them an actual thing.

Though it was kind of funny to get a mission to literally kill yourself.
>>
>>384666621
Wrong. Snake let some dude grab his dick on purpose.
>>
>>384666276
>isn't it canon that BB and Solid try to avoid killing as much as possible?
it's probably implied as canon even though the design up until MGS2 didn't include non-lethal playstyles

personally I'd like to think that BB and Solid used sneaky non-lethal style as much as possible, but when shit hits the fan, neither of them would fuck around with their pea-shooter tranq weapons and just go all-out kill the shit out of everything in a blaze of bullets and explosions - demonstrating to the world why they were the world's best soliders
>>
>>384666276
No; it was Solid Snake who actually expressed dissatisfaction in killing people. At least non specific people.

Also; BB should have OSP'd off the soldiers because he should have prepared for a firefight. Nevermind that weird scene suggesting Big Boss forgot to bring any gun ala European Extreme loadout into Snake Eater mission. On the Virtuous Mission Big Boss should have taken the first assault rifle he came across in anticipation of a contingency he'd need to defend his VIP with more than the firepower of 8 bullets in a handgun accurate to around 80 feet.

To put it another way; BB didn't have a problem with gunning down the Ocelots. he had a problem accomplishing gunning the Ocelots down.
>>
>>384666963
Gameplay rankings/medals aside; I don't see this as a character trait of Big Boss. He has extensive conversation about how his enemies are trained, and what they fight for sure. But never does he sit down and say 'all killing is wrong'. While he's confronted with something akin to that with The Sorrow: it doesn't seem to change or inform him at all .

When Big Boss runs armies and when he does he arms them with real guns. I think at best; Big Boss uses nonlethal means when there's a tangible gain to it. Whether it involves Shanghaiing the enemy into his service, gathering information, or even using them to lure out other patrolling guards.
>>
File: 1499621556234.jpg (18KB, 421x348px) Image search: [Google]
1499621556234.jpg
18KB, 421x348px
>>384666276
>He seemed perfectly fine with a tranq and whatever he found laying around.
>whatever he found laying around.
>not picking up enemy guns lying around
>but this pistol hidden in an inaccessible shack is okay
>>
>>384666620
It was rendered with the fox engine.
It still doesn't change the fact that they made all these HD assets for PACHINKO
>>
>>384670062
No, it wasn't.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.