[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The new Uncharted game is coming out next month

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5

Why aren't you getting it? are you afraid of strong female characters?
>>
I'm sickened and turned off by PC culture.
>>
Where the fuck is my Sully game
>>
$40 on launch kinda tells me I shouldn't get it.
>>
>>384653762
Because Uncharted is a boring series, with boring gameplay made for toddlers, poor characters who are basically just murderers and feminism incarnate, and I'm fucking burned out after 3 and 4 were so shit
>>
>>384654390
>boring gameplay
Coolest kid on /v/, he doesn't enjoy anything. I wish I could be as badass as this guy.
>>
>>384653762
There will be plenty of people posting webms etc... of Chloe's ass so I don't need to buy the game.
>>
If I I wanted to spend my day watching a couple of tranny dykes pretending to be men i would go to shadbase not in a fucking vidya
>>
>>384654260
This. Sully best character.
>>
>>384654357
It's $40 because it's a "stand-alone DLC", like Far Cry Blood Dragon.
>>
I will play it, since i bought special edition of u4, but why the fuck is chloe so ugly now?
>>
I'm just waiting for it for the PS4 port of Jak and Daxter. Another easy Platinum trophy and fun game.
>>
>>384653762
Why would I pay money to play a game featuring characters who were horrifically conceived & stupidly written in the last game they were in? Especially since they'll have Armor of Plot +90 vs Y chromosome.

Again.
>>
>>384653762
I'll buy it because I love Uncharted but seriously, how short was it's development time. I get that it's a standalone DLC of sorts but charging $30 for something that'd probably be 6 hours long with no multiplayer or anything is shit
>>
>>384654260
Curent Uncharted team will never make it because Sully is a womanizer and thats bad.
>>
>>384654770
>Armor of Plot +90

This is pretty much Nathan though
>>
>>384654478
I love a lot of games, but Uncharted has extremely basic gameplay. I don't get it. Even things like God of War have more involved, set-piecey climbing sections. Whereas Uncharted climbing is basically just a QTE without the button prompt on the screen. The gunplay is garbage in Uncharted. The stealth is mediocre. All it does well is look pretty and have good set pieces. Yet, 4 had like two set pieces. What was there to like?
>>
>>384653762
No sully no buy
>>
>>384654715
She's now modeled after her motion-capture artist. Who's pretty ugly. Because ND is full of the lazy and Tumblr.
>>
Torn between this and Mario Kingdom Battle
>>
I don't like Neil Druckmann.

So I'm not going to buy his propaganda.

4 would have been a really cool game if he hadn't turned it into Apologizing-To-Your-Wife-Who-Is-Right-About-Everything-Because-I-Wrote-The-Main-Character-To-Make-Obviously-Bad-Decisions-And-Forget-The-Lessons-Learned-In-Previous-Games Simulator
>>
>>384654862
With Nathan is was comedic, especially as his armor had a negative rating vs XX chromosomes.
>>
>>384655015
>I don't like Neil Druckmann.
He has nothing to do with this game tho. He's busy making ellie look like a mega dyke in tlou2.
>>
I just beat 4 and I will never buy another game in this series. It's just a game where you swing around constantly and say quips. That's it. It's not even a game but a movie you interact with. The entire armored car chase part was you slightly nudging in the correct direction as the camera panning and borders basically funnel you in the right direction.
>>
>>384653762
Uncharted sucks
>>
>>384655204
He has the most creative and political influence within Naughty Dog.

He touches everything.
>>
>>384654260
This, 100%
>>
>>384653762
>that sameface
>>
>>384655281
It's been confirmed that he has nothing to do with the dlc. His full attention is on tlou2. Some other guys are leading the helm.
>>
>>384653762
I wonder how many completely innocent pirate mercenaries they'll ruthlessly murder in cold blood this time.
>>
>>384653762
no bikini costume or donut drake. Fuck them. Its okay for them to put drake and the other guys in under wear and shirtless.
>>
>>384655435
He doesn't have to direct anything.

It's as simple as.
>Let's have a meeting about potential Uncharted spinoff ideas.
>"You should make it about vaginas, I'm gonna go work on TLOU2 and make it about vaginas too."
>>
I liked Uncharted because it was basically Indiana Jones with Nolan North.

Once you make them female, it becomes Tomb Raider with who and who.

That and its basically DLC.
>>
>>384655015
Uncharted 4 has the best story out of all the games
The whole pirate thing is great and it's a great send off for Nathan

>>384655281
>political influence
I don't remember one line about politics in uncharted 4 or the last of us
Literally none
None of it is bad "SJW writing" shit the man is a good writer and is a liberal but so what?
Does that make him a bad writter automaticly?
And what political influence exactly?
I don't remember any trannies or "drump" shit in his games

>Apologizing-To-Your-Wife-Who-Is-Right-About-Everything-Because-I-Wrote-The-Main-Character-To-Make-Obviously-Bad-Decisions-And-Forget-The-Lessons-Learned-In-Previous-Games Simulator

She is also wrong in the story, guess you didn't play the game and are just crying about politics for no reason
>>
>>384653762
If it has a doughnut chole/nadine skin I'll consider it
>>
>>384655536
Yea source on that retard?
Talking literally out of your ass
Chloe is a fan favorite character who wasn't in 4 at all
What's wrong with her being in this one?
Oh and note that Ellena and Chloe are both "strong women" but he didn't write the games when they were in them so that's cool by you I guess
What a bunch of crying over nothing really, pretty pathetic

>>384655596
They said it's gonna be longer than some prior games campaigns, so I'm guessing around 8 hours in length, give or take

If it's actually that long, it's the cheapest bang for your buck uncharted since forever
It does come with coop and mp as well

I'm glad they're not being complete jews

And they better have more action in it, Uncharted 4 was great but it had too much walking around and climbing
>>
>>384655740
"Political Influence" in the sense that he gets to decide where the boat goes, but if you want to bring up Social Justice, then yeah, he's said a bunch of dumb shit about that too, and says it's influenced his writing.

>>384655740
>She is also wrong in the story
She's wrong in the fake wrong way where she's like too good at something.
>>
The Uncharted franchise was tired even before 4 was released. Other than the ability to play as a woman what does this game have that the others don't?
>>
>>384654260
> that one anon who ideas for a Young Sully prequel game framed as Old Sully telling exaggerated tales of his youth in every uncharted thread
> standalone singleplayer expansion for U4 is announced
> actually half believe that the posts were leaks and we were going to get it

sigh...

This looks pretty good though actually. I don't give a shit about playing as a woman and Chloe is the second best character (after Sully) for a spin off. Plus the Indian setting is great, I always associate Uncharted with jungles for some reason, and trailers hinted at more open areas like Africa in 4, and the combat arenas near the end of 4 were fantastic, just under utilised and didn't reach full potential. I'm hoping this expands on that stuff and has interesting scenarios where all the platforming/combat/stealth mechanics come into play at once. Which only happened like 3 times in U4.
>>
File: 1431471693496.jpg (26KB, 417x515px) Image search: [Google]
1431471693496.jpg
26KB, 417x515px
>>384653762
i'm not getting it because it has a boring duo
Find some way to make a shit story to shoe horn in Sully instead of nadine

1. They make nadine an unbeatable machine, throughout the entire adventure, and it looks like she's gonna finally get her come uppance, but nope she just fucks off and you don't get to get back at her. And i thought okay well this is probably the last uncharted game so this character probably won't be brought up ever again. But now theres another game which will most likely be the last one, atleast before they soft reboot the series with nadine and chloe as the new main characters, and now for this game they brought back the worst character in the entire series, not as a vilian but as a fucking main character, fuck nadine replace her with anyone else, replace nadine with elena and make the game some dumb story about nathan and their kids being kidnapped and having to team up with chole to save them

2.I don't have a ps4 anymore
>>
>>384655997
>She's wrong in the fake wrong way where she's like too good at something.

She's wrong about a few things in the story
Do fuck off and stop acting like you even played the damn game

>>384655997
>"Political Influence" in the sense that he gets to decide where the boat goes, but if you want to bring up Social Justice, then yeah, he's said a bunch of dumb shit about that too, and says it's influenced his writing.

Yea let's outright censor him?
Fuck freedom of expression and speech when it doesn't suit you
What a joke this place is
Come to me when uncharted gets trannies and people talking about gender wage gaps, trump and so on
Because for not Neil is writing simple but decent stories that are a fun ride
What his political views don't ruin my enjoyment in a video game that has nothing to do with it
It's like you have some personal vendetta against a random liberal guy who writes shit
Glad I'm not that mental
>>
>>384653762
That woman in the back is so empowered
>>
It will be interested to see if this sells well. Who is the realistic demographic for this that will buy it? I can't see it.
>>
cuz im gay and i like nathan's delicious booty
>>
>90 lbs waif beats up 200 lbs dude raider
>>
>>384656278
Oh fuck.

You're a real human being.
I was wondering if this was going anywheres.

Here's a starter.
Stop getting mad about video games.

>Do fuck off and stop acting like you even played the damn game
I did.

>Yea let's outright censor him?
Nobody said anything about censoring anybody.

Go take some of your HRT pills or something.
>>
>>384656006
Uncharted 4 has some great combat areas, best ever in any shooter really
They're so well designed and the gameplay is fantastic when it gets going
I'm very glad we're getting more of it, it just needs to start at that high point of uncharted 4 and go further from there
I'm pretty hyped, so far it looks very good, fantastic even
Naughty dog always make huge improvements with further installments it seems, great to see

It's just a shame it's impossible to talk about their games here
It's always spam about SJW and "it's a movie not a game"
>>
>>384653762
because it looks like an afterthought cashgrab of a game thats trying to piggyback off an established franchise that has already ran its course.

Games with strong female leads have been done before, putting women on the cover of a game doesn't make it's content unique or interesting.
>>
>>384656452
>best ever in any shooter really

Don't speak with authority if you aren't even remotely well read.
>>
This will be the shit child of the series. So far they've had 4 mainline games that are pretty good and one Vita game that was just alright. Obviously they put B-Team on this one so they could have an Uncharted game for Q2. The story will be short as hell, there will be no real reason to play it once the campaign is done, and it won't offer anything new in terms of multiplayer additions.

Crash Bandicoot N-Sane will have more lifetime sales than this game. Five years from now someone at Polygon or Kotaku will whine about how nobody wanted to play it because two women were on the cover. In reality, nobody wants to play it because Uncharted 4 was good enough and they've moved on to greener pastures.
>>
>>384653762
looks like Bad Dudes,but with females.

Looks good, on the surface.
>>
Why do people like these games? There is no challenge. I remember playing one and doing a climbing segment and just kept pressing forward and jump blindly and the game basically navigated me by myself to the end without trying and without penalty. It's so dumbed down and casual it's ridiculous. This is why gaming is dying.
>>
>>384656530
don't worry, it'll crash soon.
>>
>>384656508
What TPS has more fluid combat and better combat arenas than uncharted 4?
Let's hear it, I want to play that game

>>384656516
I'll fucking play it just to get more uncharted 4 combat
There was a ton of it in uncharted 4 but I want more and this is very cheap
I'm sure people will buy it, they love Chloe
I guess some won't because Nate isn't in it or Sully but maybe he is
We'll see
>>
File: 979839092774698999.jpg (33KB, 163x240px) Image search: [Google]
979839092774698999.jpg
33KB, 163x240px
>>384653762
Uncharted is pretty shit in itself and now they wanna make a new game with feminist agenda in it? Kek, instaflop
>>
One interesting thing about this game is that for those who disliked the bullshit fighting scenes with Nadine in Uncharted 4, this game may allow players to play as Nadine and purposely let her get killed every which way.
>>
>>384656631
RE4 and Vanquish off the top of my head
>>
>>384653762
What is this, Naughty Dog's C team game?
>>
>>384656530
>these games
4 is much better than the earlier ones in terms of gameplay, you can't say "I remember playing 2" and dismiss 4.
>>
>>384656761
You're trying too hard.
You should take a breather and cool off, and maybe come back tomorrow.
>>
>>384656530
>It's so dumbed down and casual it's ridiculous. This is why gaming is dying.
gaming isn't dying, it's at it's absolute peak right now and shows no signs of slowing down. It's currently the third largest entertainment medium in the world by pretty close margins. What we're discussing in this thread is a casual game, there's no doubt about it, and everyone needs to understand that WE ARE NOT THE TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC. These are games that are meant to be played as interactive movies, casual video game players enjoy these games because they have non-existant skill floors/requirements. It's the working man's videogame, who wants to come home and play mindless shooterfests that keep up the appearance of challenge without any sort of execution requirement.

But then you can turn around and play a multitude of other games that are designed to be played by more dedicated enthusiasts, and companies use the revenue they get from AAA casual movie-sims to fund games that are for different audiences. Basically without uncharteds and call of duty's and w/e you wouldn't have all the games you actually enjoy playing (outside of independent studios).
>>
>>384656331
Fans of Uncharted 4 is the realistic demographic for this.
>>
>>384656795
The one I played was 4 anon.
>>
>>384656771
Played both
RE4 for the game it is yea the level design is as good as uncharted 4 in comparison for the kind of game it is
Vanquish tho, I'd disagree
I played that game I think 7 years ago when it came out and I remember nothing of it
RE4 I played earlier and I still remember some levels of the bat
>>
File: crisis_services--1200x661.jpg (102KB, 1200x661px) Image search: [Google]
crisis_services--1200x661.jpg
102KB, 1200x661px
>>384653762
I need to find a place to live. I aint got money for games!!!!. I'm trying to get a good deal with my internet and cable but Comcast cable cards are shit. at least I have faster internet. maybe IO can find a job that doesn't require experience and pays enough for a mortgage.

why did I major in art and videography? I just wanted to make comics and movies.
>>
>>384656946
You mean that game where screwing up on hard and crushing is the end of you?
But somehow it has no challenge?
And of course "gaming is dead"
What else would I expect from /v/
>>
>>384657058
I was talking about swinging and climbing parts that are so intelligence insultingly bad the way it directs you everywhere to go with little penalty or risk. That annoyed me more than artificially harder enemies that do 80% more damage that just requires you to wait and waste your time more and thats it for difficulty.

Gaming is dying thanks to fucks like you.
>>
>>384656884
these games are railroaded rubbish though.
>>
>>384656771
> RE4
> Fluid

It's a great game, but it's really nothing like what that anon was asking.

Vanquish is incredibly fast and amazing, but it still isn't the same as Uncharted, there's no verticality at all, and zero stealth.
I'm not saying Uncharted 4 is a top tier TPS, but it most definetly could be if they pushed the level design and mechanics to the limits in interesting ways, you see hints of this, but it's like they don't trust the audience to deal with anything too complex and actually had more shooting. I was so pissed that the first Uncharted game to have genuinely amazing combat had by far the least of it.

Uncharted 2's pacing with 4's gameplay as level design ideologies for combat areas would be a 10/10 game.
>>
>>384653762
That's not the real cover, is it? It's so poorly designed I would be ashamed of having it in my shelf.
>>
>>384657317
Yea those parts suck
But all games have issues
What's good in uncharted 4 is amazing
Keep crying tho I'll just keep playing these fun games even tho gaming is dead

>>384657415
I agree fully
But Uncharted 4 does have enough amazing combat sections in my eyes, but of course you always want more of a great thing
I really hope that lost legacy will be that, uncharted 2 pacing with uncharted 4 combat
We already know about the combat part, we'll see about the pacing
I'm hopeful
>>
>>384657582
Why do you type like you're 13?
>>
>>384657050
I can at least watch the movie of it on youtube
>>
>>384656331
A ton of people who got the season pass are already getting this game for free. Since nothing is going on in August, my bet is that it will spark a ton of coverage and high ratings. It'll do good.
>>
>>384656530
Why do people like mario? There is no challenge. I remember playing one and doing a snow segment and just kept pressing forward and jump blindly and the game basically navigated me by myself to the end without trying and without penalty. It's so dumbed down and casual it's ridiculous. This is why gaming is dying.
>>
>>384656773
No, they stopped doing the whole "group" thing after tlou. It's the full, if not most of the ND team behind it.
>>
File: IMG_9433.jpg (127KB, 265x292px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9433.jpg
127KB, 265x292px
>>384653762
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.