[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a flaw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: Super Mario Land (World).png (594KB, 1200x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Super Mario Land (World).png
594KB, 1200x1080px
Find a flaw
>>
I don't want to save fucking daisy
>>
It's on Gameboy.
>>
too short
>>
>>384651683
Mario dropping like a rock after walking off a ledge always fucked me over.
>>
>>384651683
way too short
superball sucks
bizzare even by mario standards
>>
>>384651683
No backlight
>>
File: 6827390569_c56b3a0272[1].jpg (121KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
6827390569_c56b3a0272[1].jpg
121KB, 500x333px
>>384652712
fake news
>>
I never got it.
Is Mario saying "Oh! Daisy"?
Is 'Daisy' saying "Oh!" followed the her name as the monster reveals its true form?
If Mario is saying it, why is he saying "Oh!"?
>>
those side scrolling shmup sections were the highlight of the game, the regular sections just felt meh.
>>
>>384651683
when you jump you slowly fall down but if you walk off an edge you fall super fast
>>
>>384654795
Yeah, I remember that too. It's like Mega Man 1. When you walk off a ledge, instead of starting at 0 speed and accelerating, you drop at full speed right away.
>>
>>384651683
I mean they're aren't any flaws with pong because it's simple as shit
Just like all platformerers
>>
SML2 is an improvement in every way but SML is still fine if aged.
>>
>>384651683

>emulator

trash
>>
>>384653303
It's mario saying "Oh! Daisy." with an awkward pause in the middle because he was expecting an important character but instead he just rescued Daisy.
>>
>>384651683
Short as fuck, even for a GB game.
>>
>>384651683
monochrome
>>
>>384658640

That isn't a flaw.
>>
>>384658795
then why is colorblind considered a flaw?
>>
>>384658640
>monochrome
>>
>>384652607
Mario is better when its on the more bizarre side.
>>
>>384651683
Hard as fuck. not comfy like land 2
>>
Can only shoot one ball at a time.

Other than that, still one of the three favorite Mario games. And we need a true sequel. Make it with playable Daisy who is going around butt stomping aliens and zombies to save her kingdom. And add new locations to Sasariland. And you better get Hip Tanaka for the music.
>>
I didn't like the music. First time I agreed with my parents that the music needed to be turned down in the car.
>>
>>384653303
Japs do this shit all the time.
It's why you have "english"-speaking characters say shit like "OH! My god." all the time.
Japs fucking suck at english. This is why they actually have books, tapes, and videos on how to speak more naturally (i.e. not like a fucking retard), and why they hate learning english.
>>
>>384654995
Nah. SML2 needed more space. Everything is too crammed in and you can tell the stages were not always made with this face in mind.
By SML3/Wario Land 1, they nailed it.
>>
>>384658640
>mass effect 3 ending.jpg
>>
Way too fucking short for a Gameboy game and the fire flower sucks.
>>
Mario Land 2 is better.
>>
>>384653303

Mario is saying "Oh! Daisy" in surprise of her being abducted by a monster. But it is bad punctuation. It should be "Oh, Daisy!" But just look at the end game credits. They couldn't even spell the Japanese names correctly or format the credits right.

They clearly didn't care much about translations back then, since translations were still being handled by the Japanese developers. And Nintendo of America just did the manual/packaging (which still had to be sent back to Japan for approval and sometimes got laughable changes made to it).
>>
>>384651683
Back in the day my original gameboy developed one of those blank vertical pixel lines running down the left side. Shit used to drive me bananas.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (204KB, 1024x937px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
204KB, 1024x937px
that's not even the best super mario land
>>
>>384651683

only one color
>>
>>384654995

>SML2 is an improvement in every way
>smooshed levels
>worst frame drop in any GB game
>only 1-2 objects on the screen at a time
>smaller view range than Metroid II had because Mario takes up half the screen
>levels are all super easy until Wario's Castle spikes the difficulty out of nowhere
>overworld is interesting, but the levels themselves are rather bland
>music is still good, but nowhere near as amazing as Land 1
>coin system is kinda pointless

A lot of these issues were actually subverted in the original Mario Land.
>>
Still crazy how this became Rhythm Heaven.
>>
File: futbol.gif (4MB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
futbol.gif
4MB, 425x425px
>>384663206

>running through Wario's Castle
>doing a phenominal job, hitting every jump perfectly
>suddenly I miss a jump not because of human error but because of a lag spike
>have to start all the way back at the beginning
>>
>>384651683
Monochrome LCDs today are worth more than 4K 38" TVs. Can't play this anymore unless you're loaded assfuck.
>>
File: MjVR8sV.png (617KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
MjVR8sV.png
617KB, 900x900px
>Tries to play in car during the day
>Sun glare makes it impossible to see
>Tries to play in car during the night
>I can't afford a light so it's impossible to see

REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>384651683
1 is a shit game and the only reason I'm glad it exists is because of it's sequel
>>
>>384663098
This anon knows
>>
>>384651683
The dot matrix display makes it barely visible under perfect lighting conditions.
>>
>>384656483
this is the correct response

imagine if luigi came running in the room. Ma-
Oh? luigi.. thanks, pal
>>
>>384669760
Is this some kind of a meme or are kids playing old faded gameboys? Back in the 90s they were perfectly fine. Gameboy Advance was the only one hard to see.
>>
>>384670969
I had a dot matrix Gameboy and I could not play it outside, which is sort of the intended place to play a handheld system. Now I didn't give much of a fuck because I also had a Super Gameboy and quickly realised that handheld gaming was a meme of the worst kind. But the fact remains if I ever did want to play that piece of shit the way it was intended, it was real fucken hard to do.
Fuck, even with perfect lighting conditions, the screen was a DOT MATRIX. That shit is a mess.
>>
>>384651683
terrible jumping physics
>>
File: @[email protected] (456KB, 460x537px) Image search: [Google]
@w@.png
456KB, 460x537px
>>384661801
Holy shit.
Daisy is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>384673387
Yeah the physics are garbage in Mario Land.

If it didn't have the GOAT soundtrack it would be completely forgettable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYtBAbqJO9k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Ol9YqAu6M
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.