[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Children of Zodiarcs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: coz4.jpg (283KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
coz4.jpg
283KB, 1200x675px
Have you played it /v/ ?

I'm just a couple of hours in but it seems pretty solid and fun. The gameplay is simple but it's what shines the most. It's an SRPG but you attack with cards (you get more cards and upgrade old ones as you lvl up) and also you roll dice to match with card effects and damage/heal etc. New dice can be obtained randomly after battles, old dice can lvl up and you can modify old ones with a minimalist crafting system in which you destroy old unwanted dice to get new effects on the desired dice.

So far the story and music seem pretty meh and I don't like the 3d models and attack/spell animations at all. Other than that if you're looking for fun gameplay I'd advice you to watch some videos. I think some of you anon may like it.
>>
bump!

Also, art direction is nice. Characters seem kinda bland but we'll see soon enough.
>>
File: 57C.jpg (200KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
57C.jpg
200KB, 960x1280px
Well, this is the last bump. Hope you see it and check it out anon.
>>
>>384648525
Nope.
I saw it and wanted to give it a try, but people say it's too easy and AI sucks dicks.

Also the 3d looks horrendously disgusting, I thought it was a sprite game that looked nice but then I scrolled the screenshots and saw how it actually looks in game and vomited in my mouth a bit.
>>
>>384648525
What do those cards do on the bottom?
Is it kind of like Baten kaitos or Lost Kingdom or something?
>>
>>384651312
I don't know but you can make a deck of cards and there's dice rolling and something something.
>>
>>384650836
I'm 4 or 5 story battles in, normal difficulty and it's indeed been easy so far. I hope it ramps up though. Also there's always "Hard" difficulty.

And yeah, the 3D graphics and animations as I said are really bad. All drawn stuff is good though.

>>384651312
Haven't played those. When you get your turn you move and then "act" using a card. You can sped your turn drawing 2 cards, and some dice make you draw cards. It's the action you perform.
>>
I like the art style but I'm wary of indie titles these days because they always feel slightly empty, I assume due to lack of budget for writing world npc's

it becomes especially noticeable in RPG's of any sort.

how does this do at making a cozy populated world around the events of the game?
>>
>>384651625
It doesn't.
>>
give me one (1) reason to play this instead of replaying Tactics Ogre or FFT for the millionth time
>>
>>384651692
Because both tactics ogre and fft are broken pieces of shit that offer no challenge and take forever to play?
>>
>>384651625
It doesn't seem to, you just point and click from site to site. I didn't see any cities and I highly doubt there's one. If cozy environment is what you're looking for I don't think this one will do, unless the story really picks up half-way.

>>384651692
I'm no shill bro, I'm just like you and I played FFT (and some mods), FFTA, Disgaea, TO, etc many times and wanted something fresh. I also love card games, that's what sold it for me. If you dig SRPG+Cards+Dice check it, 'cause it seems it's the only thing this game's got going for it... if not, then look away I guess
>>
>>384648525
Not with that shitty title.
>>
>>384648525
>RNG
Hell no
>>
>>384648525
looks interesting
monitoring this thread
post webms/gifs
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.