[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain why this isn't a fighting game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

Explain why this isn't a fighting game.
>>
because
>>
is sumo wrestling considered fighting?
>>
>>384646591
Cause it's a party game, you dipstick.
>>
File: meleemosaic.jpg (1012KB, 1160x665px) Image search: [Google]
meleemosaic.jpg
1012KB, 1160x665px
>>384646591
no one is going to be able to give you a valid reason

>unintended mechanics
who cares? they are in the game
>designer intended it to be party game
literally who gives a shit what the designer wanted?
>>
>>384646591
It is
>>
>>384646651
i think so yeah
>>
File: IMG_2632.png (1MB, 970x937px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2632.png
1MB, 970x937px
Because competitive Smash is for autistic fucks wads that can't into real fighting games.

>nb4 I play smash and I'm Master Rank in SFV

Nope not a thing.
>>
>>384647053
so then yes. Smash is a fighting game.
>>
>>384646591
Play any real fighting game and you'll never ask that question again.
>>
>>384647140
I play smash and I won EVO for street fighter v
>>
File: fleen6.jpg (132KB, 690x957px) Image search: [Google]
fleen6.jpg
132KB, 690x957px
>>384646781
>literally who gives a shit what the designer wanted?
the designers
>>
>>384647298
>Greedo shot first
>>
>>384646591
It's not directly modeled after Street Fighter II: Super Turbo

Tekken is also not a fighting game.
>>
>>384646671
All fighting games are party games desu
>>
>>384647531
>Street Fighter II: Super Turbo
Dumb Smashfag can't even get the name of the game right.
>>
File: 1410638640216.png (338KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1410638640216.png
338KB, 500x501px
>>384647140
RaynEX is a pro player in both SFV and Melee. Apologyman plays Smash 4 and is pro in Marvel 3. Dekillsage was a top Skullgirls player and now plays Smash 4. Also most top SF players have come to love spectating Smash, since they now see it at every event they go to and share sponsors with smash players.

Sounds like you don't know anything about fighting games
>>
You don't decrease lifebars to zero to win, you win by knocking someone off a cliff 3 times.
>>
>>384647140
>>384647290
Tokido actually said Smash is a fighting game and he wants to get into it

http://chigesoku3.doorblog.jp/archives/39344570.html
>>
cuz u don't fight ppl DUH
>>
>>384648152
So baseball isn't a sport because it doesn't have goals.
>>
are fps fighting games because you fight against other players?
>>
>>384648084
>dumb Smashfag/Tekkenfag can't defend his non-fighter
>>
File: nyhc.png (86KB, 194x182px) Image search: [Google]
nyhc.png
86KB, 194x182px
>>384648152
>yfw you realize that the stocks are literally the lifebar and you are retarded
>>
File: jontronfat.jpg (362KB, 1565x758px) Image search: [Google]
jontronfat.jpg
362KB, 1565x758px
>>384648545
>>
What is with this hyper autistic need to make sure everything can be definitively placed into a very specific category?
>>
>>384646651
yes
>>384646671
those two things aren't mutually exclusive you child
>>
Who gives a fuck if its a fighting game or not.
>>
>>384648152
So you're saying we need to make Stamina mode the tourney standard.
>>
>>384646591
It's a casual party game you stupid tourneyfag.
>>
File: 1488583292406.png (367KB, 568x454px) Image search: [Google]
1488583292406.png
367KB, 568x454px
I play smash, I consider it a fighting game. But who really cares? Why is it that the loudest autists are made the voice of the community? It's worse than politics with you faggots. The Evo thing I kind of understand, but it ultimately comes down to business on that. Like, fuck. Who gives a damn what it is? Let's address the real issue.

Smash players are some of the most unfriendly, unwashed, and broke motherfuckers I have ever met in any competitive game scene. I mean, it's no wonder the FGC doesn't take the game seriously.
>>
>Smash Bros is not a fighting game, it's a party game
>Mario Kart is not a racing game, it's a party game
>Mario Party is not a party game, it's a board game

Sheesh, /v/
>>
>>384647298
Designers didn't intend to have combos in SFII either and yet it's a staple of the fighting game genre.
>>
pathetic eff gee cee losers need to stave off those creeping feelings of inferiority by posturing like they're better than somebodyelse
>>
>>384646651
Than that makes it more of a fighter than over 3D fighter with rings outs that aren't dependent on anything else but positioning, right? Because the fact of knockoffs being the only way to KO (most of the time) is basically negated by the fact that the ability to knockback is dependent on damage % and low damage KOs are rare, which makes it more complex in this regard than games where KOs by damage and ring outs are separate.
>>
>>384646591
the only people who dislike melee and shitpost about it 24/7 are those who tried to wavedash and failed.

it's a known fact.
>>
>>384650583

people who can't wavedash should be shot in the head at point-blank range. it's so fucking retardedly easy, but even after telling some people and showing them how to do it and explaining it as fucking as easy to understand that a fucking braindead fucking retarded nigger could get it, they still are like "DURRRRRRRRRR I CAN'T DO IT LOL" and give up after fucking up once. god you fucking nigger if you're reading this and you can't wavedash just fucking die.
>>
>>384650583
wrong
>>
anal
>>
>>384646591
because Smash is a party game.
>>
>>384646591
Because the game's most vocal community turns off most of the game features when they play because they can't deal with them.
>>
>>384646591
>No Life Bars
>No Knock Outs unless you switch to Stamina (Which is a niche mode that nobody plays)
>Platforms
>No traditional blocking
>Every character has the same move inputs
>No walking/dashing backwards without wavedashing

Reminder that "Fighting Game" is a term that was created so that people would stop calling SF2 clones "Beat Em Ups", because SF2 isn't anything close to Final Fight, Double Dragon, or Beats of Rage. They also used to call them "Tournament Fighters", but that term has mostly fell out of use because the old school "Arena Fighters" (Bio Freaks, Power Stone, Wu Tang Clan, Marvel Rise of the Imperfects) are pretty much dead with a few exceptions (Gang Beasts, WWE 2K).

Really, we should go back to using that term for clarity's sake, but it's not going to happen.
>>384647531
Tekken has all these things, nice try.

>>384648545
Stocks are not a life bar. Stocks are more like rounds. Also, by default, Stocks are disabled and have to be set up in the options.

>>384650462
No. Normally you cannot position your opponent near a ring out without already doing damage in SC/VF. If anything, those games have more complexity because there are three win conditions (KO, Ring out, Time out) instead of two (Ring out, Time out). And anyone who plays SF2 would know that getting cornered in fighting games can be worse than being edgeguarded in smash.
>>
It is, but it's not a traditional fighting game.

>>384656306
What I don't understand is why despite the fact that Pokken has all of the stuff Smash doesn't have/doesn't have the stuff smash does have, people don't consider it a tradional fightier Seems it's litterally just an anti-nintendo bias, it's completely in line with traditional 2d fighting games aside from the phase shit and it having attacks punish grabs instead of grab techning, and it's attack heights being more complex then typical. In every other mechanical, systemic way, as well as in meta ways/IE fundamentals, it's in line with them.

Also, I think it's worth noting it's more of a spectrum then a "this is a fighting game and this isn't: If you took street fighter 2, but added platforms to some of the stages, it'd still obviously be a fighting game. It's not not "if it doesn't have/does have these things, it's not a fighting game", it's "by lacking/having this stuff, it strays further from what the traditional fighting game is"

>No traditional blocking
I'd dispute this though. There are plenty of traditional fighters that have block buttons instead of holding back to block, as well as a number that have guard crushes. Smash's blocking isn't really that out there.
>>
File: 1464671051924.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1464671051924.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>384646591
I just call it a Platform Fighter.
CEO called it that, and honestly it's the best term for it.
>>
>>384650462
are you talking about sumo here, orrrr
>>
>>384656306
>And anyone who plays SF2 would know that getting cornered in fighting games can be worse than being edgeguarded in smash.
Getting cornered in Smash functions in the same way. You cut out a lot of options.
Also being offstage is like being in an ultra corner.
>>
Who cares its the best game ever so it doesn't need to please FGC nigger cucks.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.