[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What were they thinking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: etrian_odyssey_b27f.jpg (209KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
etrian_odyssey_b27f.jpg
209KB, 1000x562px
What were they thinking?
>>
>>384642305
It's postgame, what were you expecting?
Is it still the same in EOU?
>>
>he can't make a proper map
You know what to do, OP.
>>
>>384642305
They were thinking that people who made it this far would like more difficulty. I never bothered getting this far after experiencing the cancerous long corridors filled with petrifying and poison inducing enemies on B26.
>>
>>384642305
I can't find a pic of the map, but it looks like a homage to a room from Brandish
>>
File: yhvh.gif (231KB, 740x3182px) Image search: [Google]
yhvh.gif
231KB, 740x3182px
>>384642305

I would have said fuck Atlus if fighting YHVH wasn't good enough to make this map worth it.
>>
>>384642305
artificial difficulty
>>
So what are some other dungeon crawling maps with artificial difficulty?
>>
>>384642548
No, this particular floor got nerfed in EOU. The stratum is still pretty bullshit though so it's hard to feel too sad about it.
>>
>>384643853
play the wizardry games sometime, learn the joy of spinners and teleporters

utter bullshit maps are a tradition in the genre
>>
>>384642305
>Tfw your autism was so strong you fell down every single hole on that map to complete it
>>
>>384642305

they were thinking people would realize turtles don't fly and are thus any tile one steps on is not a hole
>>
File: 2-B6F_edited.png (28KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
2-B6F_edited.png
28KB, 560x560px
>>384645471
Werdna didn't deserve this.
>>
>>384642305
They weren't.
>>384642548
Yes, but now the holes give off a visual indication on the top screen so you're not blindly stumbling about.
>>
File: dmap.png (85KB, 573x389px) Image search: [Google]
dmap.png
85KB, 573x389px
>>384647853
see the yellow circles with the green inside? all spinners. that was a fun bit to map, i tell ya
>>
File: 1497718627768.jpg (186KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1497718627768.jpg
186KB, 500x376px
>>384645601
I hate people that didn't do this.
Mighty as well watch a playtrough of the game.
>>
>>384648771
In that game you can see the direction you're facing after a spinner and can, with good levels, not be disoriented.
Or can just cast the know direction spell after every step on.

And screw you that's the third fucking floor grow a pair it's not that bad yet.

Never thought I'd see somebody post that game on /v/. How you liking it?
>>
>>384648771
>>384649132
Or pardon, fourth floor.
>>
>>384649132
yeah i had to level a guy until the spinners stopped fuckin' me. i do like how it handles that, though; the "lost" status effect is a really good way to bring some of the frustration of manual mapping to an automapped game. it really impressed me

also i'm surprised anyone recognized it. what's up, demise buddy? i'm not too far in the game but it's really good. i think this might be my favorite wizardry-like
>>
>>384645601
>tfw can't complete maps without NG+ on SJ
>still try to finish them anyway
somebody save me
>>
I like Wizardry games but I really hoped all these Wizardry-like games followed the formula of the last trilogy.
>>
>>384649374
It's good, yeah. I personally don't like how grindy it's been, but that may have been my fault for having a 4-man team.
The sheer amount of content is quite impressive, and then they just quadrupled the size of the levels and fucking wow.

That said, I've been playing it since Mordor, so I'm sorta committed.
>>
>>384649407
Grinding is a turn-your-brain off activity, and thus has wider appeal. Planning a complicated RPG party while solving puzzles is more niche.
>>
>>384649565
i just discovered it recently. i had devil whiskey but demise looked a little too fugly, at least until i played the demo and couldn't stop

you do have to grind a bit but they make it real easy. i like how streamlined it is, and i mean it's actually streamlined and not dumbed down. you can get through an encounter in seconds if it isn't too serious, just mash F. know your way through the dungeon? your characters move about as fast as you can type. that's just awesome
>>
File: og.jpg (339KB, 1114x626px) Image search: [Google]
og.jpg
339KB, 1114x626px
>spinners in a game with auto-mapping

For what purpose?
>>
>>384650147
in demise, a spinner gives you the "lost" status, which means the automap doesn't update anymore. it's not that big a deal with a spinner, but a teleporter will give you the same status, maybe after sending you to some random part of an entirely different level

you can cure this status by stepping on a square that you've mapped, or if you make a skill check, or cast a location spell. not too hard once you're higher level, but in the beginning of the game you will actually be lost in addition to just having the status, and have to rely on remembering where you've been. it's a really fun mechanic actually
>>
>>384651280
Also worth noting that the difficulty of the skill check is dependent on how deep you are.

And that you can cheese it by just holding shift and down, but such is life.
>>
>>384651280
whats the full name of the game
>>
>>384651751
Used to be Demise: Rise of the Ku'Tan.
Now it's Demise: Ascension.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.