[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WoW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 34

File: 43579824532.jpg (121KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
43579824532.jpg
121KB, 640x360px
Just admit it's a good game.
>b-but I can't get muh best in slot legendaries and best in slot gear
Those literally only matter if you're a very top end player. Otherwise eventually you'll get your bis legendaries, everyone does. Players asked for more content, blizzard provided. Prestige, world pvp areas, world pvp faction, varying dungeon difficulties, levels and mechanics beyond mythic, additional rewards for rep beyond exalted, cool quest lines like the one for the fathom dweller mount. What's not to like?
>>
>>384642097
I just quit like 3 weeks ago after raiding semi-hardcore since legion started.

20 hours a week is a lot more than you think it is. I love having the extra free time. To be relevant in WoW, you need to treat it like a part time job, and pretty much play it exclusively. No time for other games or anything.
>>
>>384642097
>inb4 ded game, AP GRIND REEE, muh legos

All your points are valid, this is the best WoW has been since Lich King.
>>
pvp is the worst it has ever been
the only content outside raiding is daily shit for rng items and ap
>>
>>384642097
No one will admit it here. /v/ has a blizz-hate hivemind while jerking each other off over WoW with chocobos (ffxiv)
>>
>>384642351
currently going through this now, which sucks because i got a pretty big group of friends being active right now which is rare for me
>>
>>384642097
>chore list the expansion
Lol nah senpai, the first couple of weeks it was pretty damn good, after that its just fuckin MEH
>>
>>384642483
pvp is fantastic now

t. resto shaman
>>
>>384642954
all healer/dps combos are HYLARIOUSLY broke
>>
>>384642097
Nope
It sucks
Fuck you
>>
>>384643001
I just like how I'm not getting trained 24/7 in 3s now.
>>
>>384642492
yeah, that's super rare. I've had a super mixed experience with legion, and have guild hopped 3 times. First guild was trash and in a non-stop state of canibalization with a crazy high turnover, second was alright skillwise, but super toxic and antisocial, and third, which I quit from, was alright, but by the point I joined, I was borderline burned out.

Progression lasts so goddamn long in middle of the pack mythic guilds that I can't really stand it. Boss progression drags on for days longer than they should. The tiers end up lasting the entire duration of the patch, which is impossible to maintain as someone who likes going full tryhard all the time.

Feels like if I should be playing, it'd probably need to be higher end than what I'm used to. rank 25-150 probably. Just slam the tier out in about 2 months, and then farm and chill until the next, sounds just about ideal. I just have no clue how strict the trialing and entry processes are. I 50/50 want/dont want to deal with the stress of having a preformance based raid spot, one one hand, shitters get kicked, on the other, what if I'm the worst.
>>
It's good, but my God there are some core design flaws, and I'm not going to get upset when people give valid criticisms of the game.

Personally I play on and off, but sometimes the cracks in the game become really grating, and somewhat jarring.
>>
File: bando.png (93KB, 204x208px) Image search: [Google]
bando.png
93KB, 204x208px
>multiple legendaries cause an over 50% dps boost
>only matter if you're a very top end player
See you all on Felmyst.
>>
>>384642492
The issue is how gear is distributed in the game. Prior to Legion and WoD to a less severe extent you'd run the weekly content for your shot at drops and then try again next week. In Legion you are constantly on that hamster wheel trying over and over and over to get a decent drop or legendary which makes the game feel more like a chore than fun. Add onto that the endless grind of AP and you have a part time job on your hands just to remain relevant in the game. Where before you'd log in, raid, get some minor weekly caps met and then be done you now have to spend as much time as possible grinding or else you will be left behind. Saddest part is that even if you give it your all and constantly farm the same tired ass content every single day there is no guarantee you will even get the payout you are looking for. Even if you do get lucky and get a fine set of gear and your BiS Legendaries your spec could be nerfed into irrelevance at any point in time by Blizzard. Just a shitty system in all aspects.
>>
>>384643498
I cant wait man, I still cant decide what to roll.
I'm thinking hunter, warlock, warrior or spriest. Do you remember if warrior was a big a pain to level in bc as it was in vanilla?
>>
>>384642954
pvp fucking sucks now and blizz doesn't know how to balance a game

t. hpal
>>
File: 1498593784899.jpg (91KB, 395x635px) Image search: [Google]
1498593784899.jpg
91KB, 395x635px
>>384642097
>>
>>384643651
Legendary items havent been a problem since 7.2 introduced the wellfare boxes. I've been playing on and off, not really trying for legos, and I have 12 legendary items I think. I have BiS and all potential future BiS for Unholy, and I have strong legendary items for Frost.

Blizz has balanced Legos, the difference between most is in the 2-4% range. Almost all legos are 3-6% single target dps increases, and there's not a lot of difference that cant be made up with good play. They really don't matter anymore.

AP has such high deminishing returns that it's effectively a non-issue.

Titanforging is kinda a problem, but ToS has good enough trinkets that the problem is mitigated. The largest issue with Titanforging has been the fucking god aweful raid trinkets in NH and EN. For once the trinkets are generally pretty good, so I don't see titanforging being as large of a problem. If you dont want to spam M+ for tityforge, don't. It's hardly worth the effort to try.

I'm legit not even a blizzshill, I quit playing a month ago. All of your problems were problems about 6 months ago, and have been since resolved.
>>
>>384643752
level whatever, server won't last longer than a month before Blizzard shut that shit down
>>
>>384642097
Name me at least one reason to touch WoW while XIV exist?
>>
>>384643498
>all lego passives are statistically 3-6% increases
MUH LEGOSSSS

I can't defend the game itself, but this argument is fucking retarded. Complain about the legitimate things, like meaningless fluff content, the M+ and emisary cache systems forcing out of raid play, or any number of legitimate issues.
>>
>>384642097
I'm a Paladin, fuck Legion. You either have best in slot legendaries or you're fucking worthless.
>>
Does dungeon difficulty add anything or is it just stat changes
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_072117_031537.jpg (196KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_072117_031537.jpg
196KB, 1680x1050px
rate my mog
>>
>>384643498
I like Panda women

What is stopping Blizzard from shutting down Felmyst?
>>
File: DELET NEMESIS.jpg (75KB, 335x667px) Image search: [Google]
DELET NEMESIS.jpg
75KB, 335x667px
Legion's game design inherently clashes with the minmax nature of the MMORPG. It's shit.

Also they fucked up one of the only fun gameplay styles Legion introduced, Momentum Havoc
>>
>>384644457
Because WoW doesn't control like a drunken walrus that needs 3 seconds to figure out what it wants to do
>>
>>384644941
Every DH who's played since launch has said the class is basically ruined without Momo. Spec basically got gutted.
>>
>>384644465
No, legos are the only glaring problem in legion.
They should just be a token drop that lets you pick the one you want instead of getting benched because the other MM hunter has boots and you don't.
>>
>>384644854
low res vanilla textures/10
>>
>>384645062
Pretty much. Momentum was the cornerstone of the DPS spec's uniqueness and entertainment and without it there's just zero fucking point to play the class.

I guess the new plan is for Havoc to keep up demon form as much as possible. Which I don't want and won't bring me back. But at least the class will have some personality for people who don't know what they missed
>>
>>384644219
>That comic

That was a fucking hell of a ride
>>
Generals belong in /vg/, no one cares about your shitty dead game
>>
>>384645162
If you don't have all your spec's legendary items at this point, you deserve to be benched desu. Not having BiS legos at this point, this late in the expansion, is a major redflag from a raid leader's perspective. Either you just started playing, or you're an entitled shit applying to a guild beyond your ability.

Legos were an issue 6 months ago, but 7.2 fixed the problem. There's so much goddamn legendary eligible content to run that you can legitimately reliably get 2 legendary items a week now. Two a week, easily.

Complain about legitimate problems. Like literally anything else. Like this guy's first bit. >>38464494 This is a legitimate problem. Legendary items aren't.
>>
>>384645367
Is it Y?
>>
>>384642097
It is, but I don't have fucking time for it anymore. Also raiding schedules suck. I realized this the first time I told my friends I couldn't go out because I had to raid.
>>
>>384645062
As a DH I understand the need for a competitive standing still spec (Elisande). I wish that fucking spec was the original Demonic though, it didn't feel completely retard proof.

Gutting Momo was a fucking crime though. That was the original reason I played the class, now it's just that I am to far committed to cut out now.
>>
>>384643264
Personally i've come to realize that my skillcap is in a world 300+ guild, I know i can't perform at the level top 100 guilds require consistently because i'm not a robot that can handle a shitload of mechanics while multidotting and keeping voidform from dropping off in heavy movement bullshit like mythic mistress.

>>384645545
At this point its a year into the expac and if you make an alt for splits its fucked for a good 2-3 months of playing the game like a job unless you're a spoonfed piece of shit that somehow get the legos you want early instead of last.
Without legos you could be raid ready in less than a week, with them you are fucked.
>>
>>384642097
>What's not to like?
-Most of the Class Hall questlines suck dick
-Many classes have horrible, homogenized toolkits and gameplay
-Over reliance on RNG legendaries and RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG Titanforging procs
-New class that is only usable by the races that already throttled the fuck out of Horde/Alliance populations because muh anorexic pointy eared humans
-Demons were played out and monopolized the plot in WoD over the actual warlords already
-Class Hall followers are horribly inconsistent between classes (>play BM Hunter >get Thorim's gun >save the spirit of Thorim's favorite pet by binding it to your gun >Thorim fucks off to hang with Warriors who were saturated with so much Titan bullshit they don't even want him)
-Class balance was handled by the most incompetent, stubborn fucks who refused to listen to feedback that was given since Alpha until the classes in question suffered in raid content enough to finally prove the point
-It will be the shortest-duration expansion of all time, with an even heftier price tag
>>
>>384645545
>beyond your ability

Lets be honest, beyond your level of time commitment is more accurate.
>>
>>384642097

If leveling an alt/off spec wasn't so damn tedious, this expansion would be damn near perfect
>>
>>384645623
that's why I can't raid.

I'd feel too much shame telling my irl friends that I promised strangers I'd be playing a video game at this specific time, so I can't go out with them.
>>
>>384642954

I'm not too sure about how PVP is overall, but I do find it certainly less frustrating to get into with the whole stat template thing. Also fire mage is best spec, blasting people in the face with instant pyros is a blast
>>
>>384645832
God the warrior class hall is such a piece of shit.
>>
File: 1381822647967.jpg (21KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1381822647967.jpg
21KB, 500x380px
>>384646135
The solution is to not have friends
>>
>>384645743
Both were me.

WoW's high end is pretty much a different beast from most games. It's all about mapping your kit to scripted boss interactions, which is something I don't find perticularly hard, Preach did a video on it, title was something about a 'gameplan', and that pretty much sums up how I play the game at my best. I'd want to sit at US 50-150 probably, which is probably around 200-500 worldwide. Split runs are fucking retarded, and I don't want more than a 9 hour a week schedule max.

I genuinely believe that there has been enough time to get BiS legendary items in multiple specs, for even a casual player. Ofc starting a new alt now is basically cancer, but that's the nature of Legion. You hope to fucking god your spec doesnt get gutted, or you just one trick your spec and lose your raid spot.

>>384645984
The two are pretty much one and the same at this point. There's a damn good reason I don't reccomend Legion to people. I'm under the assumption anyone who is posting has been playing most of legion. And its very reasonable to assume a player with 3 recent months of legion under their belt has all of their legos.
>>
>>384645412
Don't you have another stealth general to hide in?
>>
>>384646443
I think most people posting here quit in the first two months.
>>
>>384642097
>What's not to like?
-Raids fucking suck
-Class balance is shit unless you're playing Rogue
-Too many ragnaros retards
>>
>>384645832

Most of what you're complaining about is your own personal preference

But I'll agree with

>Over reliance on RNG legendaries and RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG Titanforging procs
>Class balance was handled by the most incompetent, stubborn fucks who refused to listen to feedback that was given since Alpha until the classes in question suffered in raid content enough to finally prove the point
And add
>The absolutely tedious grind of leveling alts/off specs

You're also only focusing on the bad

>World quests give an actual reason to go out into the world, making all the zones feel lively
>Order Halls are a lot more tame and seem like side quest rather than main
>Raids are well designed with bosses feeling more fun than tedious
>Artifact weapons are generally a good idea and the artifact appearances provide actual fun quests
>Leveling professions have more depth to them instead of just leveling and getting recipes

Overall a good 8/10 expo
>>
>>384642097
hahahHAHA GOOD GAME HUH
>world quest the game
>grind the same quests and world quests so you can get legendaries
>must have exalted with factions to be able to play the new raids
>muh DEMONS
>7 demon models used for all enemies
>half of them have been around since vanilla and BC
>illidan revived AGAIN
>new content patches releases, ITS OLD CONTENT DUNGEONS AND RAIDS, THEY CALL IT TIMEWALK HAHAHAHAH

need i say more?
>>
>>384646443
Splits make plenty of sense if you're trying to play competitively, they half (or more) the time it takes to get your raid enough ilvl to clear mythic

>And its very reasonable to assume a player with 3 recent months of legion under their belt has all of their legos.
Try half their legos for a single spec

To actually farm a lego a week you need to be doing absolutely everything, pretty much a fulltime job, that is NOT most players, not even on /v/.
>>
>>384646629
Yeah, that's pretty clear. Nobody has relevant information to the current raiding, pvp, or casual scene. Now don't get me wrong, the game has fuckhuge problems, but so many people in these threads bitch about problems that have been solved long ago.
>>
I unsubbed after a month when all the classes were shit, the first two raids were shit, and 90% of the game is over in the first week.
>>
I can't stand how most of the people who bitch about wow act as though they're going to stand a chance of ever getting world first kills, MAYBE realm firsts if you move onto some br or rp server with a completely dead scene. 90% of the shit people stress themselves over is so damn unrealistic
>>
>>384646802
>Splits make plenty of sense if you're trying to play competitively, they half (or more) the time it takes to get your raid enough ilvl to clear mythic
Doesn't make them not retarded. The time investment on an hour per hour basis is the same, it's just a way to get around the weekly lockout.

>try half their legos for a single spec
You're a turbocasual.

Clear every raid on normal mode, do broken shore world quests. Boom you get a lego a week for next to no effort. 15 minutes a night for WQs, and a 3 hour block on a day off.
>>
The game needs to die. It's just cluttering the battle.net at this point.
>>
>>384644531
redpill me on the state of Ret/Prot, anon
I quit right before MoP
>>
>>384647438
Both are viable.
>>
>>384646727

>World quests give an actual reason to go out into the world, making all the zones feel lively
I'll give you that World Quests were a better design than Dailies
>Order Halls are a lot more tame and seem like side quest rather than main
They're still required for a lot of shit, at least until you manage to get your last artifact slot and your final hall upgrade
>Raids are well designed with bosses feeling more fun than tedious
I lasted until Nighthold, which was decent but ruined by the aforementioned shitty class design before I got disgusted enough to cut my sub off for good. Anything prior to that was less fun on top of that factor, and I can't comment on the later tiers but it wasn't worth sticking around for.
>Artifact weapons are generally a good idea and the artifact appearances provide actual fun quests
I liked the alternative progression path they offered, but when they made it a huge exponentially scaling dump-stat it stopped being so interesting
>Leveling professions have more depth to them instead of just leveling and getting recipes
I will never, NEVER forgive them for Engineering and Alchemy, which were both my main's professions. Both of them were huge wastes of gold with by and large useless functions besides the generic Flasks and once/twice-per-battle buff potions.
>>
File: putt putt gotta go fast.png (193KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
putt putt gotta go fast.png
193KB, 500x500px
>>384643498
>tfw know it's going to be hell on the first day, whether because it'll be DDOS'd to hell and back or because it'll be tough to get in and leveling areas will be dreadful
>still looking forward to it
>>
>>384642097
Honestly I've been thinking about getting back again.

Especially after hearing about Timewalking Raiding, that shit is something I've wanted since they started Timewalking, especially since I didn't come into WoW until Warlords. I mean I've had friends run me through them, and I know the lore behind them, but to really EXPERIENCE those raids as actual raids.
>>
>>384646992
>Clear every raid on normal, heroic
>Clear half the raids on mythic
>Do every m0
>Get 500 war resources for broken shore turn ins
>Still no lego
If you're one of those spoonfed motherfuckers that just has shit handed to you from RNG KYS
>>
>>384647706
then play on a private server. Live is a shitshow.

If you want classic, Elysium. If you want TBC, couple options, dust hasnt settled. If you want WoTLK, Warmane Lordaeron.
>>
>>384642097
They'll never like it because it's "not muh vanilla".
>>
File: 1461892667885.png (144KB, 565x281px) Image search: [Google]
1461892667885.png
144KB, 565x281px
>lust on the second phase, it's the hardest
>keep wiping on third phase
Why does this keep happening? Desolate Host is supposed to be easy. Sisters didn't need a nerf, it was filtering out all the baddies.
>>
File: this guy.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
this guy.png
38KB, 499x338px
The game is bad because everything feels like a chore. Blizzard forgot that if you're gonna add content, you've gotta add shit that isn't just a bunch of annoying fucking grinds nobody wants to do and four different difficulties.
>>
>>384647791
>World of Grindcraft
>Congratulations! You've saved our region from a great evil! Here's $5 and a used pair of BLUE underwear, that's better than your cum stained GREEN underwear!

Yeah no thanks.
>>
the only people i know who play wow dont have jobs or have jobs and literally do nothing but work and play wow

what a fucking waste of time. i really do feel bad for people addicted to that shitty game. i hope they don't regret all the time they dumped into wow on their death beds, but i know they will. pathetic.
>>
File: togame mad.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
togame mad.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>384646209
>that one warrior quest in Ulduar
>followers do 3 damage
>have to depend on one of your followers to heal you, and she doesn't even always do that
>if you're not Prot, you're going to get fucked over, no exception

Fuck that stupid quest.
>>
>>384647878
you haven't seen shit until mistress
>>
I resubbed today, after 2 years, and already regret it. Everything I loved about the game is gone.
Classes are dumbed down and homogenized.
The community is dead.
And I think what bothers me most is how they ruined leveling. I feel like I'm in fucking godmode, I kill everything in two shots and it's all so tightly packed and fast paced. I guess that's a good thing to people who want to rush to endgame, but I always loved WoW because I could slow down and be immersed. It was about the journey and the destination.
Oh well. The game's just not for me anymore.
>>
>>384644872
Honestly nothing.
>>
>>384647706
Timewalking isn't the same as it was back then. There are things to pay attention to, for sure, but in comparison to a modern raid it's still easy mode. Encounters back then consisted of one mechanic and threat management.

>>384648085
Highly dubious. Leveling is easy if you're a tank, as anyone else it gets increasingly harder as you level up and you hit a wall at 110 because everything is overtuned until you get gear.
>>
>>384642097
>Someone makes a WoW thread
>It's always a shit-flinging fest between those that play retail and those that hate retail

What's the point of making these threads if not for bait?
>>
>>384646735
>>new content patches releases, ITS OLD CONTENT DUNGEONS AND RAIDS, THEY CALL IT TIMEWALK HAHAHAHAH
this was an excellent idea though
>>
>>384648453
Blizzard marketers if it wasn't obvious
>>
>>384648085
>And I think what bothers me most is how they ruined leveling. I feel like I'm in fucking godmode, I kill everything in two shots and it's all so tightly packed and fast paced
what level are you
>>
>>384648568
And something people were begging for. Although I am glad they remade Kara instead of just leaving it as TW. That place is fantastic.
>>
>>384648615
>MUH SHILL
Honestly you're fucking retarded if you legit think Blizzard would have ANY interest in this wasteland. If anything they'd prefer sticking to places like reddit and youtube.

Every time I see a post like yours, I wonder if you dropped your tinfoil hat and checked your teeth for radar beacons.
>>
File: FireBlast.jpg (192KB, 1152x922px) Image search: [Google]
FireBlast.jpg
192KB, 1152x922px
>>384642097
If it's a good game, why am I not playing it?
>>
File: sfsf.png (713KB, 474x672px) Image search: [Google]
sfsf.png
713KB, 474x672px
I like legion, and i'd rank it the 2nd best expansion atm.
BC > legion >= Wotlk >>> WoD >= MoP > Vanilla >>>>>> Cata.
>Just got 4/9 M today
>>
>>384648295
>>384648695
to be fair I only just started on Draenor, as a hunter. I just think its stupid how quickly I'm tearing through enemies.
I'll take your word that it gets better, but even then my skills have been butchered to the point that its barely fun. Are other classes any better? I have a warrior, druid or priest I could level instead.
>>
>>384649423
classes aren't balanced for older content
>>
>>384649406
You have shit taste.

But more seriously, if I didn't had a group of fun people who are actually good at the game where we can mess around and still push mythic raid, I prob wouldn't be playing.
>>
>>384642351
It got to a point where I was playing WoW for the sake of playing WoW when I would've preferred playing something like Mount and Blade instead. I totally get the job thing, eventually I decided that my time for gaming is finite so I should spend it playing what I wanna play and unsubbed.

It's a shame since I love Azeroth and WoW when I'm not playing out of the felt obligation to catch up
>>
>>384649406
>YOUR GAME ISN'T GOOD BECAUSE I DON'T PLAY IT.

What a solid argument, because YOU, the one anon on this planet decided not to play current retail WoW, I shall too NEVER EVER touch it.
That is a really stupid argument.
>>
>>384649423
Older content are made to be 1-shotted so you breeze through it.

From 100 to 110, you might have trouble pulling more than 1 if you're not a tank class.
>>
>>384649420
If they made it so leveling alts was easier I'd like it a lot more.
>>
>>384649787
I don't have that problem since I've been playing the same character since vanilla like a fucking autistic man-child.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_091516_213312.jpg (436KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_091516_213312.jpg
436KB, 2048x1152px
>>384649649
I played it. It was alright for a while, I guess.
>>
>>384649504
>>384649723
which is exactly what my problem was. I know "the game starts at level cap", but I had a lot of fun levelling in BC, Wrath, and even Cata, and I don't think such a large portion of the game should be trivialized like that.

I get it, I just don't like it.
>>
>>384647942
the only reason i even touch anything outside mythic is because of legendary grinding FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
File: deeplevelsofheavybreathing.jpg (10KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
deeplevelsofheavybreathing.jpg
10KB, 236x236px
>>384649934
>mfw your hud
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>384644219
>>384645367
What was the name of the comic? I saw it years ago.
>>
File: 268.jpg (44KB, 329x399px) Image search: [Google]
268.jpg
44KB, 329x399px
>>384648085
>Classes are dumbed down and homogenized
>Plays a hunter
Not sure which is worse, that you picked the most ezmode baby class in the game or you think hunters ever required skill at any point in WoW's entire history

If you want to play a class that actually requires you to know what the fuck you're doing try shadowpriest.
>>
>>384649787
You have balance changes, heirlooms, experience potions, flying, legion invasions, crafted gear and you can now wear legendaries while leveling. If you spend a bit of gold you can breeze through it.
>>
>>384642097
It's the worst expansion at endgame.
The leveling was pretty good, though.
I'd probably log in every now and then if it was f2p.
>>
>>384644872
Felmyst devs being as retarded as nost devs.
>>
>>384647438
>>384647523
Ret is ass, one of the most boring DPS in the game with the worst single target damage
>>
File: DestinyMC001.jpg (217KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DestinyMC001.jpg
217KB, 1280x1024px
>>384650081
don't interfaceshame
that's racist
>>
File: despair.png (21KB, 176x232px) Image search: [Google]
despair.png
21KB, 176x232px
>>384649420
I hope you're ready for mistress nagabitch to pound your virgin boipucci into splinters
>>
>>384650201
Yes,it really is impressive how they managed to dumb down even the most easy class.
>>
>>384650418
On the upside, everyone expects you to be bottom-bitch on every single fight. Which means you get to laugh at everyone below you.
>>
>>384650286
>WoW
>Not f2p with a minimal amount of effort

>>384650636
>Complaining that your easy by design class is easy when infinite skill-ceiling specs like shadowpriest exist
>>
File: sdfsdfUntitled.png (126KB, 484x114px) Image search: [Google]
sdfsdfUntitled.png
126KB, 484x114px
>>384650492
We're not in a hurry anyway, we will take our time. We still have till around December for the next raid.
>We got Cutting edge Gul'dan at the last possible day like the scrubs we are.
>>
>>384650729
>On the upside, everyone expects you to be bottom-bitch on every single fight
>implying they'd even let you fight at all
>>
>>384645545
>two a week, easily.

This is fucking bullshit. I play my demon hunter at least 3 hours a day. Do bg's, Do arena, do mythic + several of them up to +8, tank every time there's a call to arms bonus and I've only gotten two of them. The DH has 37 days of play time.
>>
File: PicsArt_05-28-02.56.50.jpg (18KB, 391x391px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_05-28-02.56.50.jpg
18KB, 391x391px
>>384650780
Played Priest since Cata and Warrior before it. If you think any class in WoW requires skill you're actually off your rocker.
>>
File: dog bless america DDDD.jpg (24KB, 244x209px) Image search: [Google]
dog bless america DDDD.jpg
24KB, 244x209px
>>384651094
>Cata spriest is the same as legion spriest
>>
File: Neo_Exdeath.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Neo_Exdeath.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>384642097
Call me when WoW can top this fight
>>
>>384650201
I did play a shadowpriest. I just liked being a hunter while questing
like >>384650636 said, it really does say a lot when even the baby mode class managed to get babified.
>>
>>384651193
Maybe show a fight, not a movie
>>
>>384650081

I don't understand how people can play like that.
>>
>>384642097
utter trash one little step above WoD, but it can be redeemed if Turalyon fucking HATES Orcs (won't happen)
>>
>>384651050
He is making up bullshit but at the same time you're not doing the blizzard tm approved content if smashing out legendaries is your goal, bad luck protection goes off of number of big loot chances, doing M+ only gives you 1 chance of a lego instead of an m0 which gives you 3-5 chances.

To actually autistically grind legendaries you need to do every LFR, every raid on normal, heroic and mythic, every mythic0, every emmisary cache AND broken shore dailies for the 100 resource turn-in chests.

Legendaries are fucking horrible and pvp'ers are lucky they don't have to deal with this shit.

>>384651319
You can't babyfy a class that is already 2buttons only.

Why do you think nobody plays survival, its the only hunter spec that requires a brain and still only does the same damage as BM aka smash 2 buttons while you watch netflix
>>
>>384651449
Only Hud mod I ever really use is the one that alerts you to certain mechanics. Don't use recount since I just don't really understand it's workings outside of "Do your rotation out of combat and see what your dps is".

TFW I have a hunter main and want to do a magic or warrior thing but I just end up getting bored or lazy because of having to replay the game to get to 110 and just end up making a bunch of alts I never play.
>>
>>384646209
I like the warrior order hall, it provides a better teleportation system then the mage order hall and looks awesome, probably with it is that it's way too big. Takes forever to travel to basic tools in the order hall.
>>
>>384651506
>IT CAN BE REDEENED IF GUY WHO ALLIED WITH ORCS BEYOUND DARK PORTAL HATES THEM NOW1111
God, I hate faggots like you
>>
>>384650780
>>384650201
>memepriests dogging on Hunters

surrender to madness yourself irl desu
>>
>>384651752

DH anon here. I've gotten 5 legendaries in two main characters in the span of 4 months. Of course they're not BiS and the bubbleboy neck on my DH is actually more suitable for tanking. I keep griding trying to get some better shit and nothing.
>>
>>384651193
Where is the fight
>>
>>384651970
The steps i listed are the most efficient way to grind legos, if you do all of that you'll get them at a rate of about 1 per week or two by sheer force of bad luck protection no matter how unlucky you are.
This is why WoW needs a token system or a rotating legendary vendor, its absolute horseshit trying to catch up legos on your alts and new players don't know the methods so they're fucked.

Even semi-hardcore guilds won't take you if you have shit legos
>>
>>384651895
I like the order hall, but the quest line is ass. The Ulduar quest mentioned above was fucking bullshit, and the quests after could have been completely avoided if HODIR didn't get himself kidnapped. Odyn is also freed in a raid, so it feels pretty pointless.
>>
>>384651953
>wahh why is my class so easy every other class must be easy too!
>>
Is WoW still the baseline MMO?

Guild wars 2 was a massive disappointment coming from GW1, and FF XIV 1.0 was shit and I havent touched it since
>>
>>384652213
That's not true, it's pretty easy to take on alts and it's recommended to switch specs around depending on the situation. If your guild is shit they care about legendaries and cared about AP at launch.
>>
>WoW
>Good

Ah ha....No.
>>
>>384651752
>You can't babyfy a class that is already 2buttons only.
You used to have to keep a dot up and had to watch the frenzy stacks on your pet. It's still a spec for brain-damaged people but yes apparently Blizzard can babyfy even that
>>
>>384652514
The only time this is true is in joke difficulties like normal and heroic.
If you think heroic bosses or the first mythic wing are progression your guild is not 'semi-hardcore'.
>>
File: HA HA HA HAAAA.png (616KB, 405x1002px) Image search: [Google]
HA HA HA HAAAA.png
616KB, 405x1002px
>>384652446
>my class is SOOOO HAAAARD we are tuned around a single major cooldown and 2-3 dump buttons in the expansion with the most streamlined class toolkits to date
>this lets us snub everyone for not playing DA HARD CLASS while we pull subpar numbers, but at least we're not playing THOSE OTHER baby classes yeaaaah!
>>
So if I go back to WoW, I wanna ask. Should I continue playing my Hunter main that I've put more work in that's been getting boring to play, or should I look into something fun like a magic class?

I've been thinking about getting back to my level 100 Warlock or even a different Magic class.

I just wanna do something glitzy and magical.
>>
>>384651862

Recount is not great to help you improve your dps, it's just a meter. I like it because it tells me how bad people are doing. Especially on interrupts. I love seeing the bads that never interupt shit and cry when they die or take too much damage.

To improve your dps, aside from knowing how to play your class well, get Simcraft and PAWN. Simcraft does a simulation and shows you a very close approximate on how much dps you should be doing and it provides you with a PAWN string that you input into the pawn addon and it tells you which gear you should be equipping to be the most optimized.
>>
>>384652716
The fights aren't DPS races. To get through Sisters of the Moon easily my guild had people wearing Prydaz, if they had it. Some didn't, because people rerolled for the new raid, and it didn't hurt us. Legendaries just change your strategy and playstyle around. As long as you have two, the stats you get are good enough. Tier is more important. Playing well is the most important.
>>
>>384651449
How can you not want to know everything that goes on around you at all times?

Even that UI is fairly barebones. Used to have one that literally showed everything that could be registered in the log in the entire area loaded around me, but it grew obsolete once world pvp stopped being a thing.
>>
>>384652910
If you like pet classes stick with warlock. I prefer having a hybrid class as a main.
>>
>>384644854
>halo
Be an adventurer or be a slut, don't pretend at one and fail at the other.
>>
>>384652937
Thanks mate, I'll write it down for later. Right now I'm busy dealing with internet problems.

I was out of the loop when Legion's class restructures happened, which is the best Spec for Lock right now? Aff? that was my original go to spec.
>>
I fucking hate the nightfallen and how badly I want pathfinder for that shaman mount
>>
>>384653015
The raids throughout this expansion were literally filled with dps races
See: mythic ursoc, cenarius, krosus, star augur, ellisande before
nerfs and outgearing them.
If you had 3 good MM hunters and one didn't have boots guess who was getting sat.

The dps race in tomb is mythic avatar but by the time most guilds reach him he will be nerfed.
>>
>>384652937
That relies on the models being correct, which they aren't always. I especially remember playing hpaladin back in pandaria and seeing the tools give idiotic advice like that I should actually ever be casting my biggest single-target heal on single targets over my aoe heal that gave holy power and thus translated into more single-target healing than casting the single-target heal did. Like, it wasn't super obvious that it'd be this way until you actually played the class yourself, but once you did a third-grader with a basic understanding of addition would figure this out, but I guess nobody who made these simulations actually played the class so it wasn't included in them.
>>
>Good game
>after 10 hours of playing a subscription baed MMO you've pretty much seen all the content the game has to offer and everything is locked behind mobile inspired waiting games.

No, modern WOW is trash ruined by interns who don't know how to make a game that isn't copying the mobile market

Fuck nu-blizzard and their zynga overlords.

And they're selling their heavily recycled boring as fuck turbo grind D3 inspired "mythic+" as an esport now, nah fuck that.
>>
>>384653530
More like blizzards playtesters completely suck.
Surrender to madness giving 200% insanity gain with their playtesters struggling to hit 100 stacks is the most obvious example
>>
>>384653323
For multidotting you want affliction, anything else is pretty even.
>>
>>384642097
Casual trash just like everything else blizz makes nowadays.
>>
File: memearrow.png (2MB, 1366x772px) Image search: [Google]
memearrow.png
2MB, 1366x772px
>>384653550
>after 10 cumulative hours of progression gameplay locked behind artificial timers to take 2 weeks you've pretty much seen all the content the game has to offer and everything is locked behind mobile inspired waiting games.

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>384653392
I thought the whole being able to explore the giant city of Suramar was pretty cool. Then the grinding happened.

Everything questing related was fun times until then. Highmountain was chill as fuck, Val'Sharah was pretty sad, That one water place had lots of ara aras, and Stormheim was amazing.

But Suramar, I got tired of quick.
>>
>>384653734
It was a really easy rep, people were just racing each other to get done. As straightforward as it got.
>>
>>384645035

No it controls like a drunk elephant that needs 10 seconds to figure out what it wants
>>
>>384653894
That is FF14 yes
>>
>>384651193
>japanese flying tentacle monster #456352137
remove yourself from the gene pool
>>
whats the most fun melee in this xpac? What rotation feels the best?
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_042816_071512.jpg (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_042816_071512.jpg
1MB, 1440x900px
>>384653628
Soo bascially they're all solid specs? Only artifact I had last I played was the cool ass scythe.

Pic related is the lock I'm talking about.
>>
File: fd.jpg (55KB, 536x349px) Image search: [Google]
fd.jpg
55KB, 536x349px
>>384654179
where my feral druid mains at?
>>
>>384653894
What? WoW has smoother controls than even almost all single-player games released these days, thanks to the scourge of incompetent imbeciles feeling the need to add "weight" to the movement of every character. God, I hope that trend eventually fucking dies.
>>
>>384651193
>"fight"
>Nothing happens
>B-but muh chink waifus!
What is this crap even?
>>
>>384654179
Only one i've played is warrior, fury feels like being an ADD child because you have to smash buttons for as long as combat lasts, arms is alright has a little bit of downtime, does good damage.
>>
>>384654179
Unholy DK is pretty fucking great.
>>
>>384654238
Yes, classes are more balanced this patch and they became viable. Still, when you have something like multiple bosses sharing health, you want to dot them up and do as much as you can.
>>
>>384642097
>just admit it's a good game
with the sorry state the game is in right now?
no one is that retarded
>>
>>384654179
feral and survival are the only fun melee specs
>>
>>384654372
>>384654064
>>384651986
>>384651402
Assblasted
>>
File: 1484639839754.jpg (70KB, 471x629px) Image search: [Google]
1484639839754.jpg
70KB, 471x629px
>>384654179
I have a warrior I top every meter with, and a rogue alt. Both a lot of fun. Sweeping strikes is god.
>>
>>384654179
If you just want to top the charts and don't care how boring/broken your spec feels to play, then go arms warrior or UH DK.
If you don't care as much about numbers and just want fun, with good animations and enjoyable gameplay, play windwalker monk, frost DK or enhancement shaman .
Play a rogue if you want to be able to switch between 3 very different specs at will, all of which have their benefits.

Play a survival hunter or feral druid if you're an autist.
>>
File: IMG_0003.jpg (386KB, 1300x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0003.jpg
386KB, 1300x1600px
>tfw yet even more artifact power shit incoming in 7.3
Is it pretty much safe to say making an alt or rerolling would be absolute lunacy at this point?
>>
>>384655115
With AK being shared by all players, I'd say it gets easier every patch.
>>
>>384655115
Not really, they basically catch you up to the beginning of the current patch straight away, alts are only shit because of legendaries.
>>
File: 1500351470095.jpg (48KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1500351470095.jpg
48KB, 640x640px
>>384642097
>Those literally only matter if you're a very top end player
Tell that to all the guilds that are recruiting. They literally won't take me.

>Otherwise eventually you'll get your bis legendaries, everyone does.
This line of thinking is just plain wrong. It's the Gambler's Fallacy. "If I keep betting on black over and over I'll eventually win" is a factually incorrect statement.
>>
>>384655115
Alts aren't a problem in 7.2.5. My DK Tank alt hit 110 last week and it's 1 trait away from Concordance at ilvl 898 with 26 hours .played at 110.
>>
>>384655343
That is how it works though.
>>
>>384655462
No it isn't. Even if your chances get increased, it doesn't guarantee a drop, nor does it guarantee that the one you get will actually be good.
>>
>>384654575
lol
>>
>>384655552
It's not guaranteed but they drop at around a certain rate and you are able to collect every single one without grinding. The fastest I got two legendaries for the same specialization was in less than one week in the same raid, when my first one was weeks into the expansion.
>>
>>384642097
>Those literally only matter if you're a very top end player. Otherwise eventually you'll get your bis legendaries, everyone does.

Some people got BIS legendary items the first week Legion was out. I spent two months waiting for one and I got a fucking Prydaz on a DPS class. And by not playing that character you're actually damaging your chances of getting legendary items to drop so lol fuck your alts that we've spent a decade reinforcing as being an OK thing to have. The legendary system is fucking broken.

>Players asked for more content, blizzard provided. Prestige, world pvp areas, world pvp faction, varying dungeon difficulties, levels and mechanics beyond mythic, additional rewards for rep beyond exalted, cool quest lines like the one for the fathom dweller mount.

Recycling the same dungeon you just ran but making you finish it on a timer isn't 'new content'.

WoD had some glaring issues but at least it wasn't insulting me. The garrison may have been a huge waste of time but at least it was profitable.
>>
Reminder that garbage like the guarenteed BiS healer trinket lego shouldn't exist. Legos were a mistake.
>>
>>384656102
Legendary drops are complete RNG bullshit, I've been playing for 1 and a half months and only got 3.
>>
>>384643498
>Hosted in New York
Holy shit are you guys serious?
>>
>>384653679
>he says while having no mythic kills.

M kiljaeden has gone down as the most difficult boss in WoW currently.
>>
>>384658191
>the most difficult boss in WoW currently
No shit, because it's the highest difficulty of the most recent raid boss.
It still doesn't come close to something like Yogg 0 lights.
>>
>>384658438
>It still doesn't come close to something like Yogg 0 lights.
Show me both kills on your account when they were relevant, until then I will believe words of top guilds who killed both
>>
>>384658438
>Oh boy a fight that had an exploit.

Um hey retard M Kil is method's most wiped boss of all time.

It IS the most difficult boss in WoW.
>>
>>384657965
kek he MUST have some countermeasures right? right?
>>
>>384658438
It is the most wiped boss of all time. There is no exploit for it. You probably don't even have a single mythic kill in current content. Now shut your fucking retarded shit spewing mouth when you know absolutely nothing about the state of the game.
>>
>>384658438
>it doesn't come close to an old encounter with dated mechanics
What?
>>
File: OVDvNpp.png (2MB, 2000x4400px) Image search: [Google]
OVDvNpp.png
2MB, 2000x4400px
WoW fucking hands you everything now, its compeltely removed any sense of accomplishment. Luckily FFXIV is here to give us the same feeling that classic WoW did. Pic related
>>
>>384651402
Ffxivtards need something pretty to watch between the 2.5 GCD and getting their generals deleted.
>>
>>384642097
pvp is fucking ruined, i personally know 50+ multiglads/r1 that have dropped wow after playing for the majority of its timeline.
>>
>>384642097
never bothered with wow because i just really hate the art style
>>
>>384659041
Is there a verison of this for stormblood and Heavensward
>>
>>384659041
Let me explain this for newfags.

>FFXIV is just as linear as wow, but is linear during expansions:
>wow releases 5-6 dungeons at expansion release and 2 more throughout the rest
>xiv release 3 dungeons at start, then 1 or 2 more each major patch

XIV also HARD gates you behind mountains of MSQ - which is a huge pain in the ass, but worsened in that now you can PAY to skip it
>>
File: P52mGu4.png (3MB, 2100x2936px) Image search: [Google]
P52mGu4.png
3MB, 2100x2936px
>>384659383
>>
>>384659006
I am a world top 10, US top 5 player of my spec and have many Mythic kills. I guarantee I am better at the game than you.
>>
>>384661473
>no stats

Lol
>>
>>384661473
No your not and uh, no your not
>>
>>384661473
Took you that long to respond? Did you just stop crying after being BTFO so hard?
>>
Just leveled to 70 on FF14 after taking a break since 2.0, and while it's enjoyable, it's so content bare it's insane.

Yes, you do a lot of shit leveling, but then you hit that roulette wall and it's all downhill between content patches.

I really, really miss WoW being good. Legion, as with every expansion, was fun at launch. Full world, PvP in the world, everyone at an even pace.

It sucks they can't maintain that.
>>
>>384661473
Server name? Class? Spec? Guild name? Ilvl? If you are going to lie at least make an attempt.
>>
>Never got into WoW before
>If I want to experience WoW now I have to get some weird Heirloom bullshit and cant do the old fights without players just telling me off for not killing it in within seconds
Come on, man.
>>
>>384642097
Playing Wow these days is like using a urinal. You wait in line then when it's your turn it's eyes up, no talking then you leave. It's not an MMO anymore.
>>
>>384663379
That's bullshit. In dungeons no one ever speaks. Ever. You could queue naked and no one would notice. No one let's go of their w key until the dungeons over
>>
>>384642097
I really think this is the worst WoW addon ever.
Have been playing since Vanilla, some of the expansions were bad, like Cata or WoD, but none of them ever completey ditched everything that was good about WoW.
At this point it's just Diablo the MMO.
RNG/Chores/GEARGEARGEAR.
Not even the biggest raid guilds can justify putting a large amount of time into the game, it's just not worth it anymore.
If you like this iteration of WoW you don't like WoW, you like grindy RNG.
>>
Good leveling content, worst endgame treadmill there has ever been, worst PvP there has ever been.
>>
>>384659041
FFXIV 2.x private servers when?
>>
>>384645545
>If you don't have all your spec's legendary items at this point, you deserve to be benched desu.
Friend of my younger brother has been in a progress guild for more than a year now and still doesn't have his BiS.
>>
>>384644941
>Momentum Havoc
Worst gameplay style in the history of wow ever.
I'd rather play a paladin in vanilla.
>>
Reminder that this happened;

>Extensive talent trees that allowed for dipping between specs
>Gets fixed around Wrath
>Totally buttfucked every expansion later
>Get weapons with a linear talent tree with the illusion of choice; there's all these talents YOU WILL HAVE LATER that you can work towards right now!
>Once you max out the weapon's talents, you can unlock extra talents for the weapon to further strengthen it
>In 7.3, you can unlock a forge that empowers the fucking relic slots on your weapon, adding ANOTHER talent tree PER FUCKING RELIC SLOT

They removed a good talent tree, only to replace it several expansions later with a weapon talent tree that has a talent tree inside of it that requires more talent selections. The worst part is that these new relic talents are fucking overpowered. This is literally content padding. Thank god the AP you get at rank 50 (next patch bumps it from 40 to 50) is absurdly high, so grinding won't be a worry at all.
>>
>>384651193
>every bossfigh is a flat round arena
FFXIV is so boring.
>>
>>384665589
The talents are so much better now because they allow different builds for different scenarios. Before you just got everything important and wasted most of your points on filler. Artifact traits aren't talents.
>>
>>384665732
In case you haven't notice every boss room in Legion has been a round room pretty much.
>>
wow slowly turned into a diablo clone.
>>
>>384666535
It started out with diablo gear. You can take parts of the right animal into raids.
>>
File: 1481183908536.jpg (14KB, 300x355px) Image search: [Google]
1481183908536.jpg
14KB, 300x355px
Classes are boring faceroll garbage and pruning in WoD and Legion sucked the fun out of the gameplay.
>>
>>384659041
>hey kid the endgame is EPIC WIN OF PURE AWESOMES!!!
>Oh btw it takes 70-200h to get there and you are forced to do the msq which is epic for teh win and fill with de ebigk meems! Like those cool guys at le 9gag!
>but its k I promise it gets better hehe
Only allowing you a storyboost and a level boost once was a mistake.
HW is going to be as crappy as 2.x to3.0 quests which give NO fucking xp or gil and you are forced to do them to progress.
>>
>>384659452
>worsr
No the bad part is they prohibit you from doing it more than once and everg char is forced through the msq which is high level bs and waste of time.
At least they allow you to pay any class on any char and switch on the fly.
>>
>>384666909
God I hate this fucking faggot, fired when>
>>
>>384642954
>t. retard that started playing in wod.
>>
File: 1492561960769.jpg (75KB, 564x729px) Image search: [Google]
1492561960769.jpg
75KB, 564x729px
>>384667283
Holinka left so hopefully he will soon follow. Can't let him soil yet another expansion with his retarded class design.
>>
>>384665732
The engine couldn't handle anything dynamic or line of sight breaking.
>>
>>384642097
The game has no depth. It's literally a single line with some shuffling between people towards raiding.
>>
File: BD.jpg (69KB, 648x580px) Image search: [Google]
BD.jpg
69KB, 648x580px
Blizzard
>copy paste bounties from d3

Blizzdrone
>Hark the herald angels sing!
>Glory to the Blizzard King!

Something is wrong here
>>
It's a glorified gacha game at this point.
>>
>>384642097
Broken Isles feels deserted now that everyone is flying around. This sucks.
>>
>thread is full of weebs shitposting during the 3 second GCD during their shitty braindead """fights""" full of cutscenes, bland arenas and baby mechanics that are pointed out to you obnoxiously
wow is king as always
>>
>>384667283
>>384667490
Hopefully before they start making changes to classes fore next expansion.
There should be 1 dev who mains the spec for every spec, like that lock dude from mop that got fired.
Not multiple class devs who all main mages.
Until then, there will always be classes/spec that are half assed and broken/boring to play.
Thread posts: 225
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.