[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: games that could really use a remake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 17

File: Links_Awakening_box.jpg (77KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Links_Awakening_box.jpg
77KB, 256x256px
>>
It already had a remake.
>>
Along with other shiny interplay games.

Who even bought the rights to them in that auction a year ago?
>>
>>384639451
It wasn't a remake.
>>
>>384639982
Dx wasn't a remake?
>>
On one hand it doesnt need a remake because ALBW exists.

On the other hand, the ALBW engine and assets exist so itd be an easy cash grab

>looks closer
Wait, fuck. Is this a trick or did that case always look identical to the ALTTP GBA case?
>>
>>384640264
It was a port.
>>
It's perfect as-is
>>
Remaster at best. But Id really just consider a port
>>
>>384640475
ALBW started as a ALTTP remake, but it was changed into a sequel midway through. It was a good call, ALTTP is perfect as it is.
>>384640558
LA on the other hand was severely gimped by the GB and would be better with several QoL changes.
Not having a dedicated button for the sword and being assaulted by text boxes every time you touch a rock is inexcusable.
>>
Oracle games remade on the same cartridge that have a shared memory that eliminates the need for passwords when?
>>
File: Legend-of-Zelda-CD-i.jpg (264KB, 600x560px) Image search: [Google]
Legend-of-Zelda-CD-i.jpg
264KB, 600x560px
Please.
>>
>>384640538
They added the color dungeons and color weapons.
They also did a bunch of revisions and fixed some bugs/glitches.
The biggest one was the photography that had many iconic scenes.
>>
LA is one of the most overrated Zelda games
>>
>>384641227
If it reuses the same tools to make the original and reuses assets. Its a deluxe edition or a remaster, but still not a remake.
>>
>>384641014
Aren't there copyright issues with Capcom over those games?
>>
>>384641290
I could never get into it because the overworld is cramped as fuck and a pain to navigate.
>>
>>384641290
>Most overrated
>Compared to both ALTTP and OOT
Mate, it might be over rated, but its definitely not the MOST overrated
>>
I just wanna see how the crayon graphics look with 3D graphics. And also the bloody eyeball.
>>
File: IMG_0522.jpg (208KB, 653x950px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0522.jpg
208KB, 653x950px
>>384641227
Not him, but it's not a remake, but am upgraded version. A re-make implies something done again, not justo antes upgrade from a previous version

Street figther 2 turbo is not a remake of World warrior
>>
>>384639408
When are we getting a top down HD Zelda for Switch?
>>
>>384641517
Fuck, is there? I didnt know that
>>
>>384641775
ALttP isn't overrated, it's legit a great ame that holds perfectly fine even today and blows away tons of games in the same style.

OoT and MM on the other hand are absurdly overrated due to being most people's first zeldas and being impressive at the time of their making due to not being abominations like most other games during the 2D-3D transition period.

LA is as under the radar as you get for this series anywhere but /v/. i'd bet many people don't even know it exists.
>>
>>384639408
LA is the best Zelda hands down. nothing else compares
>>
>>384639408
I'd rather see the oracle games. not that shitty 3D, and not the ugly midget sprites from the old games. something more like suikoden II/chrono trigger.
>>
>>384639408
Pic not related; there is nothing fucking wrong with it. OP outs himself as a "much graffix" faggot.
>>
>>384642631
Has the dust settled? Is BotW being good mostly hype?
>>
>>384642696
Oracle games with the Minish Cap sprites.
At some point I remade part of the map of Ages myself, but it was just for the simple pleasure of seeing how it could be if they had ever done it.

Never again, unfortunately. I really love the things they did with MC.
>>
>>384642794
>>384640898
>>
File: sagafrontier.jpg (56KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
sagafrontier.jpg
56KB, 500x447px
>>
>>384641081
>CDI Zelda in updated graphics
EVERY OTHER ZELDA INCARNATION BTFO'D
>>
>>384639408

Arcanum and VTMB since both were blatantly unfinished but the concept behind them were fucking amazing.
>>
File: ENOUGH.gif (270KB, 300x253px) Image search: [Google]
ENOUGH.gif
270KB, 300x253px
>>384641081
>>
>>384641830
hes not angry enough
>>
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53KB, 256x330px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53KB, 256x330px
>>
File: 1489670699141.jpg (60KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
1489670699141.jpg
60KB, 550x366px
Just remake Guild Wars. Rewrite EOTN to have less sequel teasers.
Update the game from the state it was left in and add new content.
>>
>>384639408

Link's Awakening doesn't need a remake. But Zelda 2 does.
>>
>>384641227
It's a remaster, retard.
>>
File: IMG_0549.jpg (35KB, 256x364px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0549.jpg
35KB, 256x364px
>improve combat and graphics
>don't touch anything else
>>
>>384644198
That shit game shouldn't be touched by anybody ever again.
>>
None. Fuck off.
>>
>Link's Awakening was influenced by Twin Peaks

So would a remake take cues from The Return?
>>
>>384640538
A Rom-hack, actually since they lost the source code.
http://www.pagetable.com/?p=28
>>
>>384645479
Would they make Link retarded and unable to use items for the entire game?
>>
Zelda 2 since Metroid 2 has a fan and official remake

Zelda 1 had one, right?
>>
>>384645227

>the game is shit!
Well first of all, no it isn't. And second of all, bad games with good potential are exactly the type of games that need a remake the most. Games that were already good like Link's Awakening don't need remakes.
>>
>>384645735

Zelda 1 didn't have an official remake. But you can think Link to the Past, the oracle games or Breath of the Wild as one.

But since Zelda 1 is still one of the best Zelda games to this day, it doesn't need a remake. Just like Mario Bros 1 doesn't.
>>
>>384642571
LA is better than alttp
>>
>>384645674
At random points the game interrupts you with musical guest appearances from Aonuma's personal playlist.
>>
>>384645845
>Link to the Past, the oracle games

These games in no way can be considered a Zelda 1 remake. ALttP establishes the standard Zelda formula that lasted until Skyward Sword, and LA and the Oracle games followed it.

The closest is Oracle of Seasons, which started as a remake, and includes several homages, but it's definitely tailored after ALttP more.
>>
>>384645845
Remaking Mario platformers is pointless in general aside from graphic updates.
The first 2 Zelda are way too archaic to not receive massive gameplay overhauls, especially for the first the endeavour seems useless compared to making a brand new game.
>>
>>384645845
but super mario brothers 1 has had a few remakes.
>>
>>384646203
Would Zelda 1 really need to be overhauled that much? Maybe make Link's movement less rigid, but BotW takes a ton from the original.
>>
>>384639408
There is so much wrong with Links Awakening that a remake would have to feel like a completely different game.
>>
File: 1495825675591-v.jpg (272KB, 850x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1495825675591-v.jpg
272KB, 850x1186px
I just want to see another 2D Zelda: but one that is actually mastered in 2D as opposed to rendering only the gameplay in two dimensions, with the action taken up by ugly aliased 3D models that look like they're made of styrofoam.

You know what, I don't trust Nintendo to do it. Just give the remake to Vanillaware and get George Kamitani to handle the art assets.
>>
>>384646137

>ALttP establishes the standard Zelda formula that lasted until Skyward Sword
No it didn't. All the 3D games copied Ocarina of Time, until BotW which flat out took inspiration from Zelda 1. The 2D games were a mixture of influences but leaned more towards Zelda 1 and Link's Awakening.

>The closest is Oracle of Seasons, which started as a remake, and includes several homages, but it's definitely tailored after ALttP more.
I don't see how you can say that when the oracles games used enemies and locations from Zelda 1 in the engine of Link's Awakening. I don't see much influence of Link to the Past at all.
>>
File: 1389846645570.jpg (101KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
1389846645570.jpg
101KB, 960x544px
>>384646630

The games aren't perfect by any means, but Shantae feels like Zelda 2. Vanillaware is on a whole different godly level than other 2D Action/Platformers however. They shouldn't be regulated to just making a remake of an old game. They should continue to push 2D platforming forward like they did with Muramasa and Dragon's Crown. They need to keep making new games. And fucking port Muramasa Rebirth to a 1080p platform.
>>
>>384646698
>No it didn't. All the 3D games copied Ocarina of Time

No dude. Ocarina was HEAVILY influenced by A Link to the Past. It established the entire three dungeon, twist, four to six more dungeon, formula.

A Link to the Past was far more linear, and much more puzzle focused, which is the model the games after would follow.

>I don't see how you can say that when the oracles games used enemies and locations from Zelda 1 in the engine of Link's Awakening. I don't see much influence of Link to the Past at all.

In the gameplay, not just the visuals. Though granted, Seasons was more combat focused than Ages, which dug in super hard with the puzzles.
>>
>>384646962

>No dude. Ocarina was HEAVILY influenced by A Link to the Past.
Ocarina was influenced by all four of the games that preceded it. Yes it had influences from LttP. Especially in the story. But then ytou have the owl and characters being influenced from Link's Awakening, enemies and locations being influenced by Zelda 1 and 2, etc.

And like I said, every 3D game after Ocarina just copied Ocarina. Except some light character influences like Medli being based on Malon (who is based on Marin).

>In the gameplay, not just the visuals. Though granted, Seasons was more combat focused than Ages, which dug in super hard with the puzzles.
Link's Awakening was even more puzzle focused than LttP. And again, the oracle games used the Link's Awakening engine and enemies/bosses/locations from Zelda 1.

I don't really know what to tell you anymore. LttP did have influences on later Zelda games. But it wasn't the biggest influence or "set the model all future Zelda games followed" like you claim.
>>
>>384647357
You are pissing me off
>>
>>384647357
>Ocarina was influenced by all four of the games that preceded it. Yes it had influences from LttP. Especially in the story. But then ytou have the owl and characters being influenced from Link's Awakening, enemies and locations being influenced by Zelda 1 and 2, etc.

Your thinking very aesthetically, and not at the gameplay, which is the important part. The entire "Zelda Formula" was rooted in ALttP.

>"set the model all future Zelda games followed"

It did though. Practically to the point of parody. After ALttP, you could follow the basic plot beats of a game without even playing them.
>>
File: meteos.jpg (64KB, 640x580px) Image search: [Google]
meteos.jpg
64KB, 640x580px
and a lot of other DS games
>>
File: GM.jpg (21KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
GM.jpg
21KB, 460x215px
Fix the AI behaviour, brush up the graphics/animations and make the special effects prettier.
>>
>>384647659

>Your thinking very aesthetically, and not at the gameplay, which is the important part. The entire "Zelda Formula" was rooted in ALttP.
If we start talking about gameplay, then Ocarina of TIme can't be compared to LttP at all. The combat and flow of the game is unlike any of the ones that preceded it. Dungeon design also doesn't follow LttP unless you want to make some connection to multi-layered dungeons. But Link's Awakening also did that.

>It did though. Practically to the point of parody. After ALttP, you could follow the basic plot beats of a game without even playing them.
Funny how you keep ignoring all my story and character based examples by saying 'only gameplay counts', then base a huge part of your statement on story influences.
>>
>>384639408
If anything, I think Zelda II is the only Zelda they should remake. The others are loved the way they are. Zelda II is a great game, but it could improve a lot.
>>
File: morrowind.jpg (172KB, 800x1077px) Image search: [Google]
morrowind.jpg
172KB, 800x1077px
honestly if morrowind got a tiny graphics upgrade and oblivion's combat system where skill, weapon condition and type effected damage not just LUL MUH PERKS AND SMITHING like skyrim's shitty system i feel like it would be worth it for both the players AND bethesda
>>
>>384641830
You get both of those with 64
>>
>>384648227
Neither a graphical improvement nor gameplay change are necessary.

While yes, later TES titles have combat that is less P&P, which some people really hate for some reason, Oblivion and Skyrim still have terrible combat.
>>
>>
>>384648151
>flow of the game is unlike any of the ones that preceded it

...It totally fucking is though.

Please, someone back me up here. It's no secret that Zelda games have a very basic formula: three dungeons, some kind of twist, or unique addition that shifts gameplay or narrative, and then four to six new dungeons.

ALttP, OoT, WW, TP, all by the book examples.

>Funny how you keep ignoring all my story and character based examples by saying 'only gameplay counts', then base a huge part of your statement on story influences.

By story, I mean story flow. You can guess a Zelda game's pacing based off the formula.

Three more or less tutorial dungeons, then a twist, then things get serious.
>>
>>384646837
Shantae is more like Castlevania 2 than Zelda 2.
>>
>>384645735
Search for the japanese exclusive "BS The Legend of Zelda", It was a strange Famicom-Satellaview experiment, and technically, an official remake.
>>
>>384648678

In some of the games, true. But Pirate's Curse is a total copy of Zelda 2 in attacks. I mean, she even uses a sword that flat out uses a downstab and upstab.
>>
File: chim.jpg (15KB, 173x292px) Image search: [Google]
chim.jpg
15KB, 173x292px
>>384648447
i understand that niether of them are necessary but beth could make a lot more cash by milking a game that fans have been asking for. Plus i wouldnt mind seeing morrowind with a few more polygons. Or at least hear vivec's voice as he tells you about dagoth ur and his plans. Seeing how Dagoth go to speak almost everything.
>>
Port: A game that is released on another platform long after the initial release (ie. Rocket League on the Switch)
Multiplat: A game that's released on multiple platforms simultaneously or around the same time (ie. Bayonetta on the Xbox 360/PS3)
Enhanced port: A game that is released on another platform long after the initial release with significant new content and features (ie. Persona 4: The Golden)
Remake: A game based on an older game that has had all its assets and reprogramming redone from the ground up (ie. Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver)
Remaster: Similar to a port but on newer, more capable hardware. It may not contain new content, but it may run at a higher resolution, have a more stable frame rate, use better textures, contain bug fixes, include all previously released DLC, etc. (ie. The Last of Us Remastered)

Link's Awakening had an enhanced port (Link's Awakening DX), but it has not had a remake since nothing was actually "remade".
>>
>>384649097
>listening to fans
>changing models
>more VA
True cancer.
>>
>>384641014
>Oracle games remade on the same cartridge that have a shared memory that eliminates the need for passwords when?

and more than two buttons? I tried replaying them.

You had to switch so fucking much
>>
>>384639408
It plays fine
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.