[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice for findings jobs in Video Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: fox5.png (104KB, 359x199px) Image search: [Google]
fox5.png
104KB, 359x199px
Hey there /v/, I come to you all in a very distressed state.
I've recently graduated from University in 3d Animation and am trying my damnest to find a job in the video game industry here in Montreal.
Problem is, all the places I go to require a minimum of three years of industry experience...

gods please help
>>
Are you a nigger or a dyke ?
If not, God save you.
>>
>Is white mid 20's male
>fuck
>>
If you're a gay, that might get you somewhere
>>
>>384630213
go indie on steam/gog first so you can build up a portfolio/pedigree.

or since you're an animator try to get a popular/acclaimed animated series onto youtube/some flash portal or something
>>
>>384631519

>Step 1: Learn video game basics
>Step 2: Meme it up until you have following
>Step 3: ???
>Step 4: Tod Howard
>>
>>384631519
Lad up there is right, there's a guy called Hyper on youtube that did stupid meme reload animations.

thanks to that he got a job at Respawn.
>>
Pretend to be trans. Bioware will hire you
>>
Listen to the two giving actual advice. That Hyper dude literally did nothing but meme animations and then got hired on for a fucking triple A studio in pretty quick time. He might be there still, maybe not, but as far as I know all he does and likely did there were reload animations. Make a strong effort to actually do it. You're essentially an artist so unless you want to work for an ad company your personal excellence is what will make you meaningful. Oh, you could also try working on a heavy portfolio of structures and architecture in hopes of being asked to work as a "designer" for architectural firms. As far as I know they still have little of the drafting being done as models with most of it being done entirely as hard to market draftwork instead of the artist's rendition of the completed project.
>>
File: 1499865934820[1].jpg (47KB, 527x666px) Image search: [Google]
1499865934820[1].jpg
47KB, 527x666px
>>384630213
>I've recently graduated from x
> all the places I go to require a minimum of x years

welcome to any job ever, also welcome to the real world, by the way most of what you learned in school is already obsolete!

don't worry though, I'm sure you'll find a nice cozy fast food restaurant where you can put your skills to good use, make sure your resume says "fucking stupid" and you'll get in without problems
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.