[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so how is this game? Path of Exile thread I guess.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 16

File: 2381999-path_of_exile_box.jpg (214KB, 426x600px) Image search: [Google]
2381999-path_of_exile_box.jpg
214KB, 426x600px
so how is this game? Path of Exile thread I guess.
>>
Its good.
>>
Good game. 3.0 will be refreshing as there hasn't been a big balance shake up in ages
>>
File: 20170518130126_1.jpg (424KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170518130126_1.jpg
424KB, 1920x1080px
>>384627329
Pretty neato. Not anything crazy, but it's free and fun.
>>
>>384627329
it's ok
you either need a shitton of luck or trading(scamming) skills to get the gear necessary, with the right build and skills investments, to reach the end game.
>>
>>384627532
When is it coming out?
>>
3.0 will kill it if the beta is any indication
it was a good ride
>>
File: pathfinder_slut.gif (1MB, 200x199px) Image search: [Google]
pathfinder_slut.gif
1MB, 200x199px
fun

Play ranger she's the best
>>
>>384628019
2 weeks
>>
What are the major changes in 3.0?
>>
Last time i played this i just spammed those sparks all over the screen, is it still viable?
>>
>>384628306
Nothing much really.
>>
>>384628306
doubling bosses life and halving your dps
i'm not even kidding
also theres more act and no more cruel and merciless reruns
>>
>>384628487
but they are letting afflictions work on bosses now, so there is that.
>>
>>384628019
August 5.

>>384628319
most builds are viable, the question eventually becomes clear speed for maps, but that's top level autism.

>>384628306
the biggest changes are the addition of 2 brand new acts plus 6 more acts that are revamps of the first 6 for a total of 12 acts. This also removes difficulties (so no more playing through the game 3 times per character)

They also did a lot of stuff in damage calculation so some builds that used to get multiple damage boosts from 1 modifier were gimped.
>>
Is the final boss still retarded hard? I remember the screen being all red. Like the projectiles, the aoes, the attacks, everything was fucking red and you couldnt see shit so you got repeatedly 1 shotted.
>>
Boring overrated garbage but at least it's free
>>
File: 1500328300372.jpg (84KB, 646x712px) Image search: [Google]
1500328300372.jpg
84KB, 646x712px
>no longer need to do three act 2 oak missions per character
part of me is pleased
>>
>>384628767
they nerfed him for normal, toned him down in 2nd difficulty and no big changes in merc, but that was ages ago.

Plus now it doesn't matter as much since you only fight him once unless you do map missions with him.
>>
>>384628596
ailments are nerfed into the ground and the support gems specific to those are shit too
double dipping wasnt even that out of line
most people playing the game are not top tier streamers
they are balancing the game like everybody can just get 10ex worth of gear
you balance from the ground up, not from the fucking top
>>
>>384628843
This is a really good thing. The major thing that made me stop playing was replaying the whole game so many times. The start is so slow and boring.
>>
>>384628981
This, though in the Core map he's a complete fuck.
>>
>>384629013
Dude I don't care who you are shit like Vaal Fireball DUDE KILL THE WHOLE MAP IN 14 SECONDS LMAO and similar shit that made endgame content fucking irrelevant were stupid
>>
>dude random 1 hit kills lmao

This game angers me greatly. Fucking reflect, fucking chaos, fucking bullshit I tell you.
>>
>>384629013
they nerfed ailments because they expect you to pick up the nodes if you want them to be good again.
>>
>>384629186
Chaos and Reflect got nerfed a while ago senpai
>>
>>384629013
>double dipping wasnt even that out of line
What the fuck are you talking about? You could face tank all of the games content with average gear because of double dipping.

I had a blade flurry build on average LIFE gear and it fucking rolled content right up to T16 maps.

To answer your question OP. It's really good. Wait 2 weeks to start playing since the game is getting a huge overhaul at the start of next month.
>>
>>384629396
Guess I will redownload now then. Are summoners still bad?
>>
>>384629202
have you tried the fucking beta m8 ?
they don't play their own game, even picking all the poison nodes in the tree you will still do shit damage
>>
I stopped playing in the Atlas maps update. I really did not like how they did the progress. Having to replay lower easy maps over and over again hoping for a higher level map to drop and hoarding them all before attempting them or else stay stuck in t10 maps forever.
>>
>>384629524
what kind of summoner? Most summon builds are fine if you're not spreading yourself too thin. I never played a golem summoner but totems and necromancers never really stopped being good. Summon Raging Spirits is probably the best league starter in the game, too.
>>
>>384629683
>Having to replay lower easy maps over and over again hoping for a higher level map to drop and hoarding them all before attempting them or else stay stuck in t10 maps forever.

That's how it always was, only it was worse before because you didn't have the percentage gain to get a higher map like they added with the Atlas update.
>>
>>384629686
Last time I played I was focusing on Flame Sentinels. I got to a point where I could not keep them up in boss fights because they died so fast.
>>
>>384629013
>double dipping wasnt even that out of line
Because instead of nerfing it, instead they just balanced the entire end game around it, ensuring that any build that didn't double dip was unplayable outside of white and yellow maps.

GGG are the fucking masters of shit balance
>>
>>384629664
my analysis of the latest poison build is you pretty much need to be a crit assassin to make use of poison in its current state, and its comfortable but not op, but I didn't have maxed out gear to test with
>>
Someone mentioned, it's free. Is that true?
>>
>>384630473
Free to play, there are still microtransactions and stuff though, things like stash space and microtransactions, nothing terribly pay to win
>>
>>384630473
Its free but if you plan to play for a long time you will have to spend money on inventory space. I don't think is possible to play this properly otherwise. I mean you have to get into trading, save currency, store good items for other characters etc. I tried to play as F2P only and space was not enough. Also have fun organizing currency everything manually if you dont pay.
>>
>>384630473
Completely free. Money can only buy you cosmetics, extra stash slots & extra character slots.

You get 4 stash tabs and I think 10 character slots. Both of those is more than enough for a new player. More stash tabs/currency tabs are a huge quality of life improvement though.
>>
>>384630671
its possible to play without buying storage

you seriously only need to pick up currency and ONLY self upgrades, don't get too carried away with alts. sell or vendor everything else, none of it really matters much.
>>
>>384630671
>I mean you have to get into trading

You don't HAVE to but life will be much easier if you do. I played from closed beta up to Atlas without ever having more than the starting 4 stash tabs because I used to play SSF every league. It's much much harder but for a while it's how it preferred to play.
>>
>>384630129
The last build I played was reasonably expensive, but it buffed your flame golems to such obscene levels that a boss would easily kill your character, but he would almost always die to your legion of super powerful flame golems afterwards. This worked on everything including shaper (although it struggled with minotaur and hydra, I think)
>>
Are character skins still overpriced? Asking $30 - $40 for new skins is too much.
>>
>>384630825
he can just trade for common things too that make life a bit easier. Stuff people have a lot of. Trading is only a chore if you get picky.
>>
>>384630473
it is, but you want to spend at least $5 or so for a premium stash tab. it makes selling things way easier and faster
>>
>>384630873
the prices won't ever go down because people buy them. good goy games intentionally makes default gear skins look like trash so retards like myself eventually buy skins so we don't look like trash anymore
>>
>>384631175
>the prices won't ever go down because people buy them

Except for when specific cosmetics go on sale. Which is every single day.
>>
>>384631396
>buying trash skins
>>
File: newTormentEvent.png (696KB, 647x455px) Image search: [Google]
newTormentEvent.png
696KB, 647x455px
>>384631175
the best looking set was the red armor set from the hardcore event. too bad if you didn't bother to get it. Best of all it was free.
>>
>>384629524
Summoners are sweet in beta currently also that 1 hit kill volatile bullshit changed, it turns into a flame ball and you've got time to gtfo
>>
>>384631462
looks lame. i like the demon king armor with the breach cape
>>
File: poesteamcharts.jpg (168KB, 806x887px) Image search: [Google]
poesteamcharts.jpg
168KB, 806x887px
>>384627329
Really well and growing.
>>
File: 1500515650633.png (1MB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1500515650633.png
1MB, 847x1200px
>>384631542
>tfw the giant crab boss that summoned dozens of crabs and cast corpse explosion on death
>>
>>384631457
But literally every set can and has gone on sale at some point.

So are you complaining that they're too expensive or that they're not worth the price because they all look bad?
>>
fuck off, chris
>>
>>384631902
fuck you but subscribe to my channel first
>>
Gonna have to wait 3 or 5 days after 3.0 hits. Getting in the server when Atlas hit was near impossible.
>>
>>384631795
If they are like me they are staying away from PoE since oriath announcement because it hurts to play the same 4 acts 3 times and even more so knowing that they are throwing this away and adding new acts. They didn't change the first 4 so I still have to replay that and I don't want to do it now just to do it again for 3.0

I'm 300% sure this is what everyone is doing
>>
>>384633212
>They didn't change the first 4

They did though. They've shortened areas in the first 4 acts.
>>
>>384633462
Like what?
>>
>>384633462
oh ok but I mean probably in a significant way that would change my mind so that I would be okay with playing PoE act 1-4 AGAIN in its current state.

just not worth it right now since I've done it so many times
>>
>>384633212
Pretty much, why would I play the game right before it's going to get a major update?
I might as well just wait till then and make my investment of time when it actually matters.
>>
>>384633636
The bandits in act 2 are laid out differently now. Means you're not running all over the place to kill 2 and then go back to the 3rd. Don't know other specifics, just what people have been talking about since I haven't played the beta but apparently there are other changes in the other acts.
>>
>>384631795
The game stagnates heavily because the developers are fucking retarded and keep trying to lure players back with either new skills or leagues, which of course fail anyways. The problem is the game is a huge fucking mess that the devs -supplemented with reddit cuckolds - don't know how to balance the game much less play it.

Easily off the top of my head a couple of problems.
>LITERALLY PATH OF LIFE NODES - this was never a joke
>Like half the skills/supports are trash and thus builds are trash
>Skills are MORE multipler fests for links
>99% of items are trash
>Play with a loot filter or literally swim in a screen of white trash
>Even 9/10 rares are trash
>Even 9/10 uniques are trash
>replaying the game 3 times
>replaying shitty labyrinth trials
>replaying all this every character
>poe.trade
>75% resistance cap is mandatory and will still get you 1-shot because of how stupidly fine tuned enemy/boss damage is
>>
>>384633815
>keep trying to lure players back with either new skills or leagues, which of course fail anyways

Each league has seen massive player growth over the last. The current league was the biggest league the game ever had.

Maybe failure has a different meaning where you are.
>>
File: Oh-boy-here-we-go.jpg (19KB, 294x294px) Image search: [Google]
Oh-boy-here-we-go.jpg
19KB, 294x294px
> another thread in which I get to tell everyone I play PoE because I got banned from BNet
>>
PoE is the best version of all the worst aspects of diablo 2

Which makes it an all right game
>>
File: wojack.jpg (44KB, 680x765px) Image search: [Google]
wojack.jpg
44KB, 680x765px
i love poe and have played it for years now. but goddamn repeating the same acts 3 times in a row before you get to maps was the most obnoxious fucking thing imaginable. dunno how i put up with that bullshit for so long.
>>
It's been a few years since I've played it but I remember using ice crush that had life absorb attached to it and it was pretty dope
>>
>>384633815
half of this is wrong, and the other half is hilariously entitled. You want 10% of the gear you pick up to be good enough to wear? Have you ever played an ARPG before?
>>
>>384634008
Game has less players than before the League started than towards the end of it retard. It's obviously going to spike when it starts until people realize nothing has fucking changed and every league follows the same pattern where it drops massive amounts of players over time.
>>
>>384627329
game is going to be absolute dogshit when 3.0 hits. They've massively nerfed all end game viable builds scaling so now approaching end-game maps is going to take near perfect gear and a shit ton of grinding.

It will be completely unapproachable for the vast majority of builds
>>
>>384634494
>i have to use a loot filter or else my screen will literally be filled with white text
>all this white text is trash

>chance of getting a good equip is 0.01%, better to trade my currency drops for gear which people don't need or sell decent gear I don't need

And why can't an ARPG have drops that are decent and make you decide on what to wear, that's not mutually exclusive to the genre you humongous faggot.

>hilariously entitled

Oh gee so getting fucked in the ass cause the game developers decided 200% life and 75% capped resistances were standard but will get you killed instantly above blue maps is okay? Or reflect as a mechanic? Where literally every mob will kill you? What other game does this, make an entire map/dungeon/instance reflect damage to you. That's actually fucking retarded when you put it into text and it is fucking retarded.
>>
>>384634637
The peak of every league has been higher than the last, their concurrent players goes up to a new all time high and their unique monthly players goes up every new league.

That's growth.

Maybe growth has a different meaning where you are.
>>
>>384634839
>They've massively nerfed all end game viable builds scaling
>It will be completely unapproachable for the vast majority of builds

That's why people will make new builds? Do you actually think people aren't going to find a way to abuse mechanics and eventually faceroll content?
>>
>>384629495
>facetanking due to double dipping

what the fuck are you even talking about you retard?
>>
>>384627532
>tfw they changed nothing of the endgame and people are just gonna be t14 runs until they can safely kill shaper.
>>
>>384635003
You know there's multiple ways to leech from damage and scale that, right?
>>
>>384627329
constant updates with more and more item bloat to get you to buy more and more stash tabs for 15€ each
you can't make your character look good without paying 40€ for a premium suit of armor (and get pants with it)
>>
>>384635208
>item bloat

Can you actually explain what you mean by this? Are you playing standard or something?
>>
>>384630473
If you make more than one character you will need to buy an more storage. one currency tab, one poe.trade tab and 2-3 normal tabs are all you will ever need to buy.
>>
>>384634981
yeah that's exactly what I think. For the vast majority of builds, there are no longer enough scaling options. It's going to be a fucking disaster
>>
>>384635314
they constantly introduce new types of items that give you something irrelevant but you feel compelled to store them because of the gambling behind them, so you need stash tabs
just look at the whole card system if you want an example
>>
>>384635168
>double dipping having anything to do with leech

You understand dots don't give you fucking leech you absolute fucking mong? Jesus christ
>>
>>384635453
You dip from two types of hit. You leech life back on each of those hits. Each of the hits scales the other due to overlapping mechanics. How the fuck do you think Blade flurry assassin works? You're leeching from chaos damage which is being amped by bleeds and passives.
>>
>>384635106
They tend to kind of alternate between progression and endgame releases.
>>
>>384635446
>give you something irrelevant but you feel compelled to store them because of the gambling behind them

Like what? The majority of drops and cards are trash not worth taking. Loot filters will highlight un-ID'd items worth taking and hide the rest. There is no item bloat, you just don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>384636017
you are absolutely wrong, and absolutely fucking stupid.

Leech comes from a hit. It is calculated based off of your hit damage and all modifiers to leech rate, etc.

Secondary effects are caused by the hit, and 'double dip' on modifiers to base damage a second time. Secondary effects cannot give you leech, as they are not caused by the player, but a secondary effect caused by the skill

Poison damage doesn't give leech. Bleed doesn't give leech. Ignite doesn't give leech.

Initial hit damage does not, and has not, EVER double dipped.

Stop. Fucking. Talking.
>>
>>384636221
and before people get their loot filters and realize shit like the cards are worthless, they've already bought a couple of stash tabs, and GGG's objective has been accomplished

what's your point, faggot?
>>
>>384635446
Just throw shit out.

>>384636017
Double dipping usually refers to scaling an initial hit and a dot that's based on that initial hit with the same modifiers. So an ignite scales twice off generic increased fire damage etc. Or at least it did. I don't know what's happening going forward from this upcoming patch.
>>
given the amount of arguing it's clear the game is trash
>>
>>384636358
Well maybe you did, but I sure didn't.
>>
>>384636304
>Poison damage doesn't give leech. Bleed doesn't give leech. Ignite doesn't give leech.

Can you show me where I said that because I specifically said chaos damage. Items like Atziri's Promise let you leech back chaos as life. That alone lets you survive, then double dipping damage scales like fucking crazy so you kill everything before it can get a chance to kill you.

Shaper is the only boss that will survive for any amount of time. Even Uber Atziri melts. Never once did I say you leech from dots, your autism went wild and put words in your head.
>>
>>384636358
>and before people get their loot filters and realize shit like the cards are worthless, they've already bought a couple of stash tabs

Maybe if you're a fucking idiot, sure. Sounds like you're angry you spent money because of your own stupidity.
>>
Poe is not a game, it's a religion.
>>
>>384637004
just shutup, you've already been proven to be retarded. Chaos damage doesn't double dip on anything. just fucking stop, it's embarassing
>>
>You dip from two types of hit. You leech life back on each of those hits
>You leech life back on each of those hits

what did he mean by this?
>>
Game looks cool, i havnt played since they only had acts 1,2,3

Whats this talk about loot filters
what beginner builds you guys recommend when 3.0 is released ?
>>
>>384627886
I either went to that hideout half year ago or its a pretty common meme
>>
>>384627329
>I guess

Can you not be a pussy and just commit to making a thread? No more of this half hearted bullshit. Got it?
>>
> You could face tank all of the games content with average gear because of double dipping.

>implying leech rate is affected by double dipping mechanics at all whatsoever
>>
>>384637567
Loot filters let you filter out all the crap drops that you don't care about. Late in the game you can end up with all the loot not even fitting on the screen and this helps make that manageable. You don't need to worry about it until you find yourself thinking "there's a lot of shit on my screen".

My go to early league build is basically always Summon Raging Spirits because it starts out super cheap and it's fast and pretty fun.
>>
>>384627329
Best Diablo style ARPG out right now
>>
>>384637812
you could facetank everything because of vaal pact and 1 billion dps with 15k ES, you can't do that anymore
>>
>>384638473
and that has absolutely fuck all to do with double dipping mechanics
>>
>>384627329
I played it for a while.
Just HATED this weird perspective and the ugly proportions on the character models.

It is a minor thing for most guys but I can't stand ugly shit.
>>
>>384638346
sweet as, i was thinking summoner of some sort, i checked the forums and most builds need some rare as fuck item and i just want to play with a couple of mates and not worry about trading to get shit.
>>
>>384627329

the game is boring and repetative. only good for 1 playthrough. no replay value at all.
>>
I want to make a HC character, probably an archer build but my anxiety doesn't let me stop over analyzing the tree and decide a direction.

Anyone know how to get a great arrow build going? Preferably ice
>>
>>384638647
maybe you dont know what facetanking means but still like to say it
>>
>>384639365
Make a mage if you want ice, since archer would be very difficult (need to find good bow)
>>
>>384640123
this. Most bow builds are either Tornado Shot or some kind of split arrow thing. Bow builds in general kind of suck to make since they need expensive stuff to do basic things
>>
>>384630473
You pay for convenience, but not content.
>>
Best mmo. Arpg. Goat. Most depth then any game.
Watch when 3.0 drop number 1 for weeks
>>
>>384639365
Go Ranger, pick up weapon elemental damage nodes and Fangs of Frost, use Ice Shot with those phys to cold nodes for 100% conversion. Go Deadeye ascendancy for pierce and enjoy destroying screens.

Grab a Lioneye's Glare when you can use it (lv64 or something from memory) and it'll see you through all the way to red maps.
>>
>>384641153
thanks anon
>>
>>384639453
i never said anything about facetanking, the other anon did
>>
>>384628635
its a total of 10 acts tho
>>
I hope Gladiator or Champ get buffed. Glad is fun but unfortunately there's no reason to Champ outside of parties
>>
>>384631175
>intentionally makes default gear skins look like trash so retards like myself eventually buy skins
>tfw the helmets are some of the best designs I've seen in any game since the redesign
>tfw most of the cosmetics and uniques are really nice but rarely match the helmets
>>
>>384641905
ah shit my bad
>>
Path of Exile 3.0 soon, Exiles.
>>
rump
>>
File: 1495267175701.jpg (16KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
1495267175701.jpg
16KB, 480x477px
>Energy Shield nerfed into oblivion
>Poison/Bleed nerfed into oblivion
>life is still shit
>99% of skills in the game are still shit
>90% of ascendancies are still useless

3.0 doesn't look so good
>>
>>384645372
Define useless, catshitter.
>>
>>384645698
no reason to pick it because something else does it better

Some examples: Saboteur, Elemental Hit, Life builds
>>
>>384646016
>3.0
>Life builds worse than anything else
Yeah on.
>>
>>384629524
>>384629686
>>384630129

Last I checked SRS was the go-to summoner build but that was a while ago
>>
>>384646786
>>384629524

Spectres are good too, and Golems are good with a lot of gear investment. Zombies are pure shit, never play them
>>
>>384633815

>path of life nodes

The biggest criticism of the game's current balance (current meaning for the last 2 or more years) is that you've got very little if any reason to not do CI on the majority of builds. Literally the opposite of path of life nodes.

>half the skills/supports are trash and thus builds are trash

Almost anything is salvageable with the right gear, some builds are just more expensive than others. There are some skill you would NEVER run SSF with though.
>>
>>384646959
did they buff Skeletons in 3.0?
>>
>>384627329
holy fuck its free literally just go try it instead of making a shitty faggot tier thread here
>>
>>384647087
>you've got very little if any reason to not do CI on the majority of builds

because life builds fucking sucked and if you went life you literally had to take up half your skill tree for them shut the fuck up how is CI relevant to a life build needing that many points

i'm fully aware CI is superior but people don't fucking metagame and pick the best thing every goddamned time so stop posting now

>right gear

you mean perfect min maxed jewels and equipment sure but if you want to just casually play and use good gear found or bought at a fair price then half the skills and supports are trash

shit like glacial cascade is godawful because it scales physical and ice but NOTHING IN THE GAME SUPPORTS IT unless you want some really specific gear or jewels and even then you'd just be slapping something like LL CI (Shavs) to augment it's damage and some perfect lab enchant

>more expensive

hence why it's even more trash because why pay 10ex for a build when a 20c build does the same, also stuff like earthquake and AW are better than """MELEE""" skills because they're
>aoe
>lower opportunity cost, massively
>extremely higher damage because ggg sucks at numbers
>>
>>384647518

>i'm fully aware CI is superior but people don't fucking metagame

Confirmed 85 IQ brainlet
>>
It's a good game but a shame that the most efficient playstyle has evolved into cookie clicker tier gameplay. Also, it has lost almost all of it difficulty when compared to PoE of before 1.3 which made me appreciate it. I guess that's what you get for selling out to casuals, they spend the most on MTX after all and not some basement dwellers that want hardcore game
>>
It's decent, but there's a lot of grinding which may not be your thing. There's a reason why they're called 'Grinding Gear Games'. I sometimes like playing it while listening to podcasts.
>>
>>384647628
- and pick the best thing every goddamned time

so stop posting now
>>
File: ss (2016-02-29 at 08.30.06).jpg (760KB, 1668x843px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-02-29 at 08.30.06).jpg
760KB, 1668x843px
It's good but I stopped playing 4 or 5 leagues ago.
>>
File: ss (2016-02-29 at 06.31.16).jpg (96KB, 420x607px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-02-29 at 06.31.16).jpg
96KB, 420x607px
>>
>>384647157
nah, their AI and movement speed are still shit

their only use is as a meat shield
>>
>>384647927
How hard is it to get max sockets linked now??

It's been years since I last played, made a bunch of pixel money and then quit when still in beta.
>>
>>384647927
Rip that Scythe.
>>
Do they ever plan on adding some form of first party trade system?
>>
>>384648223
Yes, when hell freezes over.
>>
>>384648223
>Plan
Yes.
>Actually implement
No.
>>
>>384648167
They definitely made 6linking by using fusings a LOT easier. you usually get one in 200-300. Also, 6linked items are not expensive anymore. A 6l shavs that used to be 75ex is now like 10-20ex after a few weeks in a new league.of course it depends.

>>384648173
I'm just using the skin transfer it's the coolest looking I think
>>
>>384648502
>coolest looking
Agreed. I wish they had more reapers.
>>
>>384648378
>>384648395
it's one of the first things I expected to see when I saw they were adding all these new acts and features.
>>
>>384648502
>6linking is easier

halle-fucking-lujah
>>
>>384648619
yeah theres another scythe and reaper with cyclone looks so good like you're mowing down the monsters heads or some shit!
>>
>>384648686
Why would they bother when everyone still puts up with the purgatory of garbage they're stuck in that has all the problems of an AH and then some, but is several times slower and prone to pissing everyone off because
>This player is AFK
>"In Lab"
>This player is set to Do Not Disturb
>Just doesn't fucking reply
Etc.
>>
>>384648797
Because it turns away new players almost instantly.
>>
>>384648905
New players don't even bother looking into trading until Merciless when people tell them to go try .trade.
>>
>>384648797
I almost feel like they do it because streamers do so much trading and buy the stashes to do it that it'd be a huge hit to their profits if they did
>>
>>384627329

Balance is still in the worlds.

No auction house or anything, for some unknown reason.

Cash shop is absurdly expensive, with armor sets costing like $50. Fortunately, it's mostly cosmetic.
>>
>>384648797
>>384648395
I never understood why they don't just hire the person that operates poe.trade I'm sure with him they could make a really nice system.

I don't dislike the current system though, I'm not sure im really lucky but I usually got the items I want, even if I had to wait on replies/try again.
>>
It's the best game ever made.
>>
>>384649072
There is actually a law in New Zealand that basically bans them from hiring anyone to work for them that lives outside New Zealand. They could get away with having some random DA nerd do all the art for the Ascendancies because it was just a commission.
>>
>>384627943
or just use poe.trade
>>
>>384627329
It's great and 3.0 will be amazing. I'm already playing around in path of building to find my league starter
>>
>>384629013
You don't understand double dipping if you think you need crazy gear for it to be broken
>>
>>384649495
Glacial Cascade.
>>
>>384647927
You should start again with 3.0. There's so much new stuff
>>
>>384649285
>There is actually a law in New Zealand that basically bans them from hiring anyone to work for them that lives outside New Zealand.

What the fuck, New Zealand is taking a page out of China or what.
>>
>>384649839
Man, its great that this skill is actually fucking usable now.
>>
>>384649921
Nah, China has a hate against any non-Asian. NZ just wants to ensure their gross domestic product is acceptable and thus don't let anyone out-of-world set up shop there or let anyone in-nation outsource any of their work (consistently) because that's a stream of Zealand money going out to other countries. Less of a nationalism thing and more of an economy thing.
>>
>>384649921
It's called regulating businesses so they hire locally instead of paying Pajheet $0.30/h like they do in the US
>>
>>384650049
I know, right. Not being restricted to AoE, Crit, and Spell Damage scaling (without incurring a 50% penalty) is great.
>Add in Hrimsorrow/burn for pure Cold
The new skills look like shit by the by.
>Channeled Ball Lightning + Storm Call
>Another Channeled Lightning Skill that looks kinda fun
>Should be Cold tho, Cold has 1 (terrible) Movement skill and 0 Channeled skills
>>
>>384648797
The xbox version is going to be completely fucked
>>
>>384650262
Chances are, they'll be putting up their AH plans around the time that shit's going on.
>>
>>384650325
Might be a good way to test it honestly, see if it would work over well.
>>
>>384650452
It would work well. poe.trade is literally an auction house and it's been used for years.
>>
>>384650090
>Ban
>Regulate

One cannot be with another
>>
>>384650823
They're not banned from hiring from outside, it's just that they have a 6 months waiting list or something during which they have to make a case for not being able to hire someone local.
>>
Is Tower map kino?
>>
>>384651040
No, interior maps are universally shit
>>
>Destroy every single ES build in existence
>Destroy even single DoT build and make poison/bleed useless even with investment
>Nerf RF/SR for no reason
>Nerf fucking ED and VS for no reason
>Pantheon system give meme bonus
>Boss life is doubled while DPS is halved
Defend this PoEfags. 3.0 will kill the game. All the change are fucking stupid. Nerfing VP/ES is one thing but you have no reason to nerf ED and RF.
>>
>>384651251
the game was killed a long time ago lol
>>
>>384651251
>Destroy every single ES build
The many CI Pizzablast Totem builds are mostly unscathed beyond having their effective HP hemmed in a bit. 10K instead of 15K isn't a huge loss.
>>
>>384651185
why
>>
>>384633815
Do you really need to play the game through 3 times to run maps?
>>
Is there anything like guilds or long term group chats etc in PoE?
>>
>>384651539
Try again when 3.0 actually come out. Fucking 10 chaos 700 ES armor gonna be 10 ex when 3.0 come around. You are never gonna get the same value of ES again
>>
>>384651925
yes, but guilds are worthless

there is no point in running group content outside of 2-man squads of 1 DPS with top-tier gear+ 1 support slut
>>
>>384652120
I meant just to talk with, not particularly group with
>>
What if armor reduced physical damage taken by 1% per 1000 in addition to what it does already
>>
>>384652274
1%?
Make it 10% and you might have something.
>>
>>384652274
Would be comically overpowered and hitting 100% Phys Mitigation would be a cake-walk.
>>
>>384635106
>tfw haven't even killed uber atziri or gotten a single t15 map yet
I'm good. Don't use memebuilds and then whine that you've beaten everything.
>>
>>384652341
>Have 10K Armor
>Face-tank the entirety of a Malachai Slam without batting an eye or even popping a flask
Brilliant.
>>
>>384652341
But then at 10k armor you'd be immune

>>384652347
well then how do we make armor not totally useless against things that aren't trash?
>>
>>384652508
Why does Malachai's damage matter? There is no point in killing Malachai, and most of the endgame bosses deal purely elemental or chaos damage.
>>
>>384652508
>>384652556
I'm only jesting, but consider the way it is right now
>can get insta killed trivially easy
>even with 3k armor and high resistances
>have to constantly mash potion buttons and hope enough small trash mobs are around to refill your potions so you don't run out

Having meaningful damage mitigation would be better gameplay.
>>
>>384652590
When I'm referring to Malachai, I mean the Core map.
Which is a T15 map.
>>
>>384652347
>>384652556
There's a 90% cap on physical reduction.
>>
>>384652758
I agree that both Evasion and Armor are crap-tier right now (which is why Basalt is so much better than Granite,) but making Armor strong is a tricky issue what with their giant Passive Jungle. If each class had a separate tree, it wouldn't be such an issue, but they backed themselves into a shitty balance corner with this mess of a tree with "Any class can do anything!"
>Ascendancies also totally go against this ideal
>>
>>384652758
Yeah, outside of Fortify and maybe a few other things you kind of are just standing there with your cheese hanging in the wind when some hard fucker knocks you
>>
>>384627329
>No memorable characters
>no decent world lore
>not accessible at all

These are the only real issues. But the business model, in game economy, end game, and core systems are all pretty dang solid. I've been supporting it from Day One (actually back in alpha already)
>>
>>384653831
There is some well connected lore, but its just of "oh, neat" instead of a big revelation. That first squid lady you kill is the lover of that guy in the arena. That was kind of neat.
>>
File: 1497143301551.jpg (139KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
1497143301551.jpg
139KB, 1023x682px
>>384653831
>Nessa, literally best girl
>not memorable

You need to ramp up that bait sir. I'm still salty GGG made us kill her in the new Act 6
>>
>>384652758
>Armor
Armor doesn't exist. It doesn't matter on physical nuke which is the only thing it is need for. Unless you are Juggernaut you can just ignore armor

Same with Block/ Dodge/Evasion. You are gambling; and the house always win in the long game
>>
>>384654027
w-what? I haven't played the beta please be lying
>>
File: 7909314.png (141KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
7909314.png
141KB, 492x280px
>>384654027
Name one (1) thing about Nessa that's interesting
>>
>>384654264
She is qt
>>
File: IMG_1915.jpg (85KB, 667x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1915.jpg
85KB, 667x667px
>>384654178
Well shit I should've spoilered that. Don't worry, there's more to it and Act 6 is the best damn thing I've played in this meme game so far

>>384654264
In 3.0 she goes literally fish mode
>>
>>384654178
In Acts 6-10, the old gods of Wraeclast are all waking up because of your actions in 1-5.
The Brine King likes to act like an Angler fish.
Use something pretty to draw in the food and then eat them up...
>>
>>384654027
Elreon is best girl. You're just too much of a fucking heretic to realize SHRINK NOT FROM GOD
>>
are all builds really nerfed as some people are saying? are there any builds that are gonna be straight up OP like usual? because the only fun builds are the most OP bullshit ones. clearing fast is the only point of playing.
>>
File: Dialla.jpg (51KB, 250x500px) Image search: [Google]
Dialla.jpg
51KB, 250x500px
>>384653831
>No memorable characters
Ha, look at this fucking cockroach.
Point at him and laugh.
>>
>>384655106
YOU IN A SMITING MOOD?
>>
>>384646016
>Elemental Hit

This one especially, why the fuck would you ever use elemental hit when wild strike exists
>>
>>384656145
If you want to scale elemental and use flat ele damage weapons I guess.
(even then, it's still shit)

Is the manacost still ludicrous?
>>
How's the enemy variety?
>>
>>384656385
No idea, I never bothered using it because wild strike exists
>>
one of the bosses has a cool theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6oBOPFWl5A
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.