[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scalebound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: F.jpg (82KB, 275x350px) Image search: [Google]
F.jpg
82KB, 275x350px
I'm still pissed, lads.
The MC was a complete faggot but the game was pretty and looked like fun. I wish devs and companies would stop with he faux PR bullshit and just be completely transparent with us. What was happening behind the scenes that made this game fall through, especially when it looked near-completion when we saw it?

Fuck.
>>
>>384623621
Microsoft doesn't give a fuck about games.
>>
>>384623621
>and looked like fun
No it didn't.
> I wish devs and companies would stop with he faux PR bullshit and just be completely transparent with us. What was happening behind the scenes that made this game fall through
You want devs and publishers to get into a finger pointing and blame game session?
>>
>>384623621
>the game was pretty and looked like fun. I
No it wasn't.
>>
>>384623764
>No it didn't.
Subjective
Regarding your second point, maybe "Completely transparent" was a bit too hyperbolic. I do wish there was more transparency in game making. If a project is going shiittily wouldn't it be a good idea to let the audience know that you've run into complications? I'm not asking for anyone to play the blame game but if someone plans on paying for something it would be nice to know that that something will eventually exist to be paid for.
>>
>>384623621
My guess is that Microsoft and Kamiya just didn't get along. Microsoft was way too overbearing and Kamiya has a very strong directorial style. Kamiya wanted a decent framerate, Microsoft wanted him to prioritize visuals. Kamiya wanted a strong single-player experience, Microsoft wanted tacked-on co-op. Framerate and co-op are the two major things that stuck out to me, but I'm sure there were a whole host of other issues that we may never know about. Other gameplay elements, the story, difficulty, the music, scheduling, budget, etc etc etc.
>>
>>384623621
What happened was Microsoft hired Platinum to make a game. Kamiya proposed his dream buddy cop dragon game.
Microsoft forced multiplayer onto the project and for the team behind the game to conform to western development restraints.
Platinum was having problems purposely making the game shitty and microsoft decided to just cut thier losses instead of wasting more money on printing out discs for the game The Platinum no longer wanted to continue making.

TL;DR
Platinum Games had a vision for a game. Microsoft went out of their way to shit all over it.
Platinum gave up on working on it.
Microsoft scrapped it.
>>
>>384625238

Muh Platinum dindu nuffin
>>
File: 54630256.gif (51KB, 192x224px) Image search: [Google]
54630256.gif
51KB, 192x224px
>>384623621
I'm curious if they can salvage the completed assets for anything, like Drakengard, or if it's all under lock and key until someone buys the already dead IP.
>>
>>384626089
Platinum were saying the game was coming out in a few months just a few short days before its cancellation. They figured out the game was canned the same time we did.
>>
I havent touched my Xbox One since they canned this game.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.