[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good MMORPGs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

I want to start playing an MMORPGs during my free time, to release stress, like in the good ol' days.

Well, are there any good ones around?
>>
>>384621267

Wildstar for cozy housing and less boring combat
>>
No.
>>
>>384621267
>MMORPGs
>good
>>
Playing Everquest progression server right now. Still loving the game
>>
>>384621639
wildsharts combat is the reason it's shit, if it had traditional wow tab targeting and none of the psuedo action meme combat it would have been perfect
>>
>>384621267
tfw playing wow reset day and then getting bored again because there's literally nothing else to progress on other than weekly raids/keystones.
>>
>>384622543
WoW is so boring I can't even be arsed to do the world quests half the time
>>
File: 1393258272881.jpg (111KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1393258272881.jpg
111KB, 800x600px
>>384621267
>mfw still hoping something good comes out
>>
>>384621267
if you want a casual one guild wars 2 is really good. It is technically free to play, but the f2p is more like a trial than anything else. you need the xpac to be viable with most classes in the end game, and to do raids. IMO it's the only mmo that actually respects the players time. I quit about 6 months after launch, and when i came back 2 months ago my gear was still end game viable and level cap was the same, they just add more content around the current end game. It's definitely worth a download if nothing else.

Though mentioning you don't hate GW2 is pretty much the easiest way to get (you)'s on /v/ from all the people mad that it's not just a GW1 expac
>>
>>384621267
Why don't MMOs let you play as retarded shit like skeletons and frogs anymore?
>>
Lost Ark Online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAmn4x2r-O8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLWSD9UN6qM

NEVER EVER
>>
oldschool runescape, duhhhh
>>
>>384623226
>gw2 is the only mmo that actually respects the player's time

I have never been so stupefied by any post. I'm physically dazed after reading that. Holy fuck. Please drown yourself in a toilet.
>>
>>384623372
>korean weebshit that will be chock full of awful cash shop shit and shitty grinding
the monster hunter + diablo hybrid has me intrigued at the very least
>>
>>384623701
Yup. I hope they don't make it cash shop grinding crap for West. It is everything I want from an MMO. The exploration aspect, treasure hunting, crafting talent trees, mini-games and bosses that require more than just standing and whacking. Like you put your shield up to defend, if an ally stands behind you, they're protected.

It was suppose to be out this year in the West; alas...
>>
I just want a good sandbox mmo, fuck off with all this themepark and pseudo theme park shit.

Even Black Rock, yay no community interaction, may as well be single player.
>>
Runescape is pretty decent.
>>
>>384623940
>Like you put your shield up to defend, if an ally stands behind you, they're protected.
Good shit, this is the kind of stuff that makes tanking more enjoyable and not just an enemy magnet with damage reduction
>>
I've been fucking about with the trial for FFXIV, and it's not bad for a themepark MMO. You can only take a class up to 35, but there's a good amount of dungeons to fuck about in below that level.
>>
>>384623987
I doubt communities will ever be like pre-2008 ever again

Getting into group chats with your friends is easy, and who wants to type shit when they can just yell "faggot" at them

I don't blame them, but it's the convenience of shit like Skype and Discord that's ruined player interaction
>>
File: dofus_logo.png (964KB, 2662x2008px) Image search: [Google]
dofus_logo.png
964KB, 2662x2008px
SERVERS FUSION THIS MONTH
>>
How's Neocron? I've been itching for a cyberpunk game where I can play a cop/PI
>>
>>384624228
FFXIV is better than World of Warcraft, even if it's still mediocre.

Great visual design, a cool "campaign", and a good amount of bosses/dungeon content

Shame it still has the awful amount of instancing from its PS3 days and a gross feeling 2.5 GCD from its continued console support. Not to mention Duty Finder giving me fucking AIDS.
>>
File: Kunt.jpg (40KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Kunt.jpg
40KB, 700x525px
>>384623226
>guild wars 2 is really good

I don't know how you don't just instantly implode and turn into bloody fucking gibs having written this shit. Have you no shame?
>>
>>384624551
is that game even fun? I've never played it for more than 5 minutes. considering joining now.
>>
>>384625081
it's like final fantasy tactics except you only get one unit and its a lot slower and everyone is wasting each others time and you get to grind and it looks like a flash game
>>
>>384623372
This looks really nice but
>korean
it's gonna be trash
>>
>>384625508
Does look nice but
>no ganking world pvp aspect
NO THANKS
>>
>>384626265
Ganking isn't world PVP anon, it's just autism and a waste of time
>>
File: 1497406429030.png (84KB, 773x591px) Image search: [Google]
1497406429030.png
84KB, 773x591px
>>384621267

you just posted one of the best. everquest and world of warcraft are the most fun, even to this day.
>>
File: 1490135156176.jpg (29KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1490135156176.jpg
29KB, 500x281px
>>384621267
TBC private server starting up soon by one of the best private server scripters ever. No P2W donation garbage.

https://www.felmyst.com/
>>
>>384626601
>it's just autism and a waste of time
as he posts on /v/
>>
>>384626601
Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way, it worked in older games when there was something to lose and the game was hard enough that killing a PKer and taking his shit meant you didn't have to deal with him for a while. Modern games' "open PvP" is just some faggot running at you repeatedly while you're trying to get shit done.
>>
File: timetodie.jpg (118KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
timetodie.jpg
118KB, 1920x1080px
>>384623372
>>384623940
>>384624167
I don't know how much longer I can hold out, Bros. It's the perfect MMO.

Please don't be shit
>>
>>384621267
From what I've played:

Aion: a bit grindy, especially at max level, but small scale pvp is fun as fuck if you have a lot of time to dedicate to it

WoW: Best PVE content. Massive amount of dungeons, zones, and quests. Has changed a lot over time so if you played it seriously at one point it may not be the same as you remember.

TERA: fun combat, though the playerbase and their obsession with elin is cancer.

GW2: If you played GW1 you'd be disappointed. That said as a buy to play game is pretty good. Lots of variety and no gear treadmill means you stay relevant for longer and can come back whenever

FFXIV: combat is really slow and it takes a while to get going. Treat it more like a final fantasy game that happens to have online multiplayer, rather than the other way around.

Honestly though most MMOs out have gone to shit because of the casual playerbase demanding things be easier and everyone on an equal footing, rather than having fabled gear and raids that only a handful of elite (read: NEETS) can have/experience.

You're better off playing single player RPGs or the FOTM MMO
>>
>>384628249
BDO: grindfest for the entirety of the game. Combat is the best of any MMO i've tried but endgame is nonexistant
>>
Nope.
>>
>>384628529
Endgame is PvP.
>>
I only played three MMOs. Looking for potential recommendation.

First three expansion of WoW. I liked battlegrounds and open PVP the most. Pure skill gameplay is not that important but it did feel more and more shallow.

Tera I played very little but the battleground was indeed fun. Mainly quit because the rest wasn't interesting and performance problems in large fights.

Blade and Soul. Great combat loved the skill tree. But basically only 1on1 and ultimately insane grind for fucking skills.

I do like some PvE.

Any odds there might be game out there that I'll enjoy?
>>
Nobody talks about Tibia anymore?

The sensation of REAL danger is still there. I wish I could play it with friends like old times.
>>
>>384629251
So you like good combat and dislike grinding

Maybe try a game like Mount & Blade: Warband, or Unreal Tournament 4
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.