[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deus Ex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: deusex.png (40KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
deusex.png
40KB, 256x256px
How close will we be in technology and geopolitics to this series' depiction of 2027, 2052, and 2072 when we reach those years?
>>
>>384618023

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CosmeticallyAdvancedPrequel
>>
iphone 20 will be released
that's all
>>
Adam Jensen is 24 and one year away from his promotion to SWAT

I don't think it's going to happen
>>
>>384618023
My problem with Jew Sex's tech is that the tech HR and MD clearly looks sleeker and less cumbersome/affecting outward appearance
Later games have full on cyborgs with wires and all showing. The tech shouldn't start out looking so sexy and then later progress into making the user clearly look like a robot, Adam's augs are discreet with that trenchcoat
Then again so are JC's but no one is HR from what I can remember looks as auged as Gunther, maybe that one shop keeper in the missing link but that was it
>>
>>384618456
Isn't it around this time where they shoot a dindu and everyone goes apeshit about it?
Sounds relevant today
>>
>>384618637
>People going apeshit over a dindu getting shot
Not in today's world
>>
>>384618023
I doubt any of us will be alive long enough to find out
>>
>>384618637
That happened when Jensen was a SWAT Captain, about 8 years from now, and it was a 15 year old Mexican with augmented arms
>>
>>384618497
That's what bothered me the most about the transition too. It's so jarring it's more like an AU or a continuity reboot.

The civvie augs are pretty fucking obvious, but HR+ made a point of making military augs nice and sleek unless you went full hulk like barret, so retroactively it makes no sense for UNATCO augs to look so mechanical.

Gunther can be excused on the Tank idea, but Anna at least shouldn't look like she just got caught by braniac. HR devs just didn't give no shits about continuity.
>>
>>384618497
>Later games have full on cyborgs with wires and all showing
I'd put at least some of this down to artistic limitations and style.Outside of hipsters no one would choose to have bright blue cybernetics
>>
>>384618023
wait until 2077
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.