[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on it so far? How do you feel about the beta and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 417
Thread images: 30

File: destiny-1.jpg (28KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
destiny-1.jpg
28KB, 630x354px
Thoughts on it so far?
How do you feel about the beta and the gameplay? Is there anything you dislike that they changed from Destiny 1?
>>
Two primaries sucks, weak as fuck in general
>>
I'll tell you tomorrow
>>
Am I the only one who feels like it's slower and the movement is not as tight
>>
>>384612893
Havent played it yet because im not a pre order cuck, but right now I can tell you that though I might be interested in getting it, theres just way to many fucking games coming out at the end of this year. So much so that theres probably 5 more that I'd get before it.
>>
>>384613195
Not OP, but I broke my "no preorder" rule because I got it for $25 due to stacking a bunch of prime day promotions.

What else are you really hyped for this fall? I honestly can't think of anything.
>>
Didn't they say they were going to use a new engine?
>>
>>384613395
they say a lot of things
>>
>>384613146
That seems to be one of the more common complaints.

Does the PC open beta have a date yet?
>>
>>384613431
"late august"
>>
>Two primary slots for no reason but to have an elemental slot
>Snipers, Shotguns, Fusion Rifles, Rocket Launchers, Swords, and Grenade Launchers all tightly fit into the last slot
Fucking retards at Bungie trying to balance the game around PVP fucked PVE hard. Its not fun never using snipers/shotguns. Fusion Rifles were already fucking awful and now they take the heavy slot because muh OHK in PVP.
>>384613146
Its much slower, because of sanic fast PVP movement meta with shotguns. So they gutted the initial thrust on all the movement abilities, and Blink is total shit.

They also fucked ability cooldowns, and even as a Warlock its hilarious that Hunter got super shafted on the class ability.
>Titans get a big shield, or a smaller shield that instantly reloads your guns
>Warlocks get a really fucking good heal AOE, and damage boost AOE
>Hunters get a dodge, and another dodge which is on a long cooldown so its super shit for PVE and PVP

Nade cooldowns are long, and some of them can't even kill red health enemies. Melee abilities are way too long the range of melee. You use like 1 super per PVP match, and you could get MAYBE 3 in the strike.

So they basically got rid of the identity of Destiny, which is space magic and everyone using abilities pretty often, for more gun shootan
>>
>>384613269
If I could get it that cheap I'd get it, but I already want to get Mario Odyssey, AC: Origins, Crackdown 3, and maybe even Cod WW2 and Pokemon Ultra Sun. If it ends up being a way more improved version of Destiny 1 I'll consider it, but I stopped playing after the first raid in Destiny 1 because every bit of worthwhile content was released as paid DLC.
>>
File: mehhh.png (151KB, 341x314px) Image search: [Google]
mehhh.png
151KB, 341x314px
>mfw got tricked by destiny so just gonna popcorn through this one and watch it sink
>>
>>384613653
Fuck you're so right. It doesn't even have that halo tight combat that Destiny 1 had. Sometimes I don't even realize I killed the enemy and I have to check the killfeed

I don't know if its a new engine or what but it feels cheap and horrible
>>
>>384613889
AC Origins is going to be shit and you know it
>>
They actually made everything worse. I'm impressed.
>>
>>384614024
It might be cool. The combat looks better and the second theres tiered loot in a game I'm already much more interested.
>>
>>384613535
How wonderfully specific of them.

>>384613915
Everyone is yelling on the official forums, it all seems incredibly divisive. Could this game actually crash and burn?
>>
>>384614145
that's why you can't lose by going PC - give consoles a month to figure out if this game is shit or not
>>
Is there going to be a way to get PC Beta without pre-ordering?
>>
>>384614235
probably - preorder for consoles just meant you get 3 extra days

if not though, just preorder from amazon, wait for them to send you a code, and then cancel. Amazon doesn't charge you until it ships so even if you're a poorfag with no credit you'll be fine.
>>
>>384613146
>>384613653
when i played it felt really heavy. Like moving in syrup. I dont know if its the frame rate. But the other anons explanation of the acceleration being changed makes sense.
>>
fucking cashgrab, they're lazily putting effort because they know we were gonna buy it
>>
PvP is slower, great in some aspects because there's no one-shot sticky/shoulder charge/sidearm rushdown bullshit like in the cancerous meta that D1 has

Ability cooldown is the biggest issue, as well as PvE getting fucked up by PvP changes. Power ammo is almost non-existant and super/grenade charges are slow as hell

The strike was pretty cool. They're usually not that big and they never had sidequests/secrets; only patrol or certain missions on hard mode had them

The maps seem balanced too. They took some shit from overwatch and cs go regarding map design. The control map felt a lot smaller though
>>
>>384613958
>new engine
It is the same engine. How can you not tell from the fact it looks fucking identical to the first game?
>>
>>384614521
I don't think even with the heavy ammo dropping that the new weapon slot system is better than the old. Why the fuck do we have two primary slots? Just roll around with double Handcannons?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170720-161426.png (293KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170720-161426.png
293KB, 1080x1920px
>>384614629

>complain about lack of content in D1

>Their reason was the engine took days to render something as simple as changing the color of a weapon

>they said their were going to switch to a new engine for D2 which is why they will be wiping the slate clean with all your characters

>they are using the same engine in D2
>you lost your characters progress for nothing

They had one chance and they blew it

HOW THE FUCK DOES THIS HAPPEN
>>
I van live with the two primaries if theyre balanced with a beterr ttk.
The ability recharge rate is absolute bullshit
>>
They fucked with the Golden Gun. It feels so underpowered compared to all the other supers. The Bo staff is much stronger. AND TRIP MINES STILL DON'T STICK. WHAT THE FUCK BUNGIE
>>
>>384615010
I like how they pretend that nightmarish scenario wasn't entirely their fault in the first place
>>
wasn't destiny supposed to remain in development for 10 years after release?
>>
Remind me why they thought it was a good idea to not release the first game on PC?
>>
>>384615010
It just can’t be that simple.
Like I dont want to defend them too much, and I will not tell you about how smart they are. But like thats too retarded even by nu-bungie standanrds.
>>
>>384615010
Bungie is fucking incompetent and nobody that made Bungie a decent company is around still.
>>384615589
A ten year series. The original plan was at least a trilogy released in that time frame.
Keep in mind Destiny 2 was supposed to launch a year ago but was pushed back because Bungie is fucking stupid and with TWO other studios helping them make this shitty game they still were behind schedule. That is why they squeezed out that that awful last expansion for the first game, Rise of Iron.
>>
>>384615898
Because it sucked cock and it was better if you didn't have to experience it
>>
How noticeable are the armor traits? If I dump everything into speed am I going to easily outpace other players or is it just a slight change? Same with regen and resistance.
>>
>>384616103
>A ten year series
ah. that makes more sense.
>>
>>384616360
The speed stat only effects walking speed. Literally everyone runs at the same speed regardless of how much they dump into that stat. Resistance is the most useful (more health overall) with regen being a close second.
>>
>>384615010
The engine issue was their explanation for not dropping many hotfixes, instead opting for a few very large updates that fixed many things, simply because it was more efficient

D1 had no content because bungie execs cucked the story staff by saying no the completed supercut like 6 months before release. So they canned that story, cobbled together something out of what they had, and hired one dude to write the entirety of the grimoire. They are saying that D2 is gonna be way better on that regard but i doubt it
>>
>>384614521
What sidequest was in the strike?
>>
>>384615010
>dev lies
>players fall for it
>rinse/repeat
any questions?
>>
Does it play like Halo at all?
>>
>>384617085
It plays more like halo now than in D1, but no, its still very not halo
>>
>>384616684
If you start cycling around the different areas other than the main path, you can start finding some rare variations of vex that you need to kill quickly in order to power up some teleport devices. You gotta do it fast and several times in order to gain access to a secret/optional area that is not open in the beta, but that it's most likely one of those "overworld quests" that they were talking about during their presentation a month ago

If every strike has one of those then cool

>>384614714
Yeah go to the raid with 2 handcannons and see if you have any range issues

Random dev already said that power ammo will drop more frequently in the future. They didn't think it would be this scarce
>>
>Daily reminder this is the game that had a 100 million dollar budget
>>
>>384617269
its likely just a patrol thing you can access from that strike spawn
>>
>>384617273
it was 500 million anon

BUT, they still havent spent all 500 million, D2 still falls under that 500 million dollar budget, so its not as extreme as you would be led to beleive
>>
>>384615898
1.They know PC users like to look into the files of games
2.Bungie cut up the whole game and sold them as expansions. Expansion 1,2,and 3 were part of the full game
3.People on console found out through glitching, that areas of the expansions were already accessible way before they were released https://youtu.be/HOP5w7Nd08E?t=3m
>>
My issue is that it's somehow even slower than the first and has that bungie FPS feel where it's kinda floaty and off center

I hated the fact that is was a shitty mmo too
>>
>>384614109
Too bad it's in the most boring setting possible
>>
>>384617269
I feel like it's just a strike that loads into the world normally. I think there were one or two of those in D1. You start the strike in the same world as the patrol and then load into it the strike itself after the jumps probably.
>>
Only played through PvE missions so far but holy shit is this game fucking boring. Reminds me why I skipped out on Destiny 1
>>
File: beta1.png (7KB, 681x148px) Image search: [Google]
beta1.png
7KB, 681x148px
slower movement
slower recharge rates (even in PvE)
less output in PvE because of new weapon system making everything even slower
slower movement and higher time to kill turns it into a tactical shooter
tactical shooter means team shotting means more stacked teams more frequently
nobody plays objective on S&D
even less output in PvE because they just blanket nerfed the weapons from PvP instead of separately balancing (at least 16% damage reduction to 30% in PvE)

soo fucking shit the majority of all communities are complaining

>>384613395
no fucking way is it a new engine
modes are still tied to one another
>>
>>384617731
I can't remember if any of these steps take you into a darkness zone (which would be an instance normally separated from patrol, since enemies change and whatnot), but yeah, that seems to be the case
>>
Have they said how much content the base game will have compared to the first one?
>>
>>384617808
For some reason they decided to focus on pvp more so, pretty much all of the changes are positive for pvp but make pve fucking dogshit
>>
>>384617840
>weapon system
Explain how it makes everything slower?
>>
>>384617889
idk if its been an official thing, but i know the idea is that theres more this time around

take that as you will
>>
I refuse to shed any cash to bungie after how I got hyped for destiny and got my hear broken with having about as much content as a kids meal. And fuck off with the "but it i it gets better" IN WHAT UNIVERSE DO I PAY FOR FULL PRICE DLC to have the rest of the actual game over the course of 2 years.

There is very little that I give a shit about. And you know why I do give a shit about "ITS MY (destiny) to get scammed"

Cayde. That's it. That's all I care about and I hope Nathan Fillion got a raise for his ability to make me give a shit about both the expansion he essentalily made and the trailers for Destiny 2.
>>
I like it, but hunter fucking sucks ass.
>>
>>384617502
honestly from a software dev standpoint some things showing up early isn't really surprising - if you've tested something and it isn't going to break what's already there, typically you merge it into the trunk and push it with the next patch

Now, if the areas were there at launch, that's a bit of different story...
>>
>>384617864
Yeah you might be right, the darkness doesn't start until after the last jump. Whole area could still be the patrol though, there is a teleport pad after the last jump to take you back
>>
>>384618113
>Now, if the areas were there at launch

they were, that's what made some destiny owners very mad
>>
>>384618087
It didn't even get better, anon. I made it through the taken king and it was the same shit all the way.
>>
>>384617989
no dedicated special meaning waay the fuck less output meaning PvE is waay the fuck slower
shit heavy drop rates meaning less output meaning PvE is slower
shit ammo per heavy drop meaning less output meaning PvE is slower
shit heavy damage meaning less output meaning PvE is slower
shit primary damage meaning less output meaning PvE is slower
slower ability recharge meaning less output meaning PvE is slower

all for muh PvP
>>
>>384617926
I'll try out PVP before the beta ends but I seriously doubt it'll make the full release worth it, especially being limited to 4v4. The little I played of D1's PVP wasn't great either so I'm not getting my hopes up.
>>
>>384617273
500 million dollars for a ten year long series. D1 earned 500 million alone first week though.
>>
>>384618113
You could glitch into it during the beta.
>>
>>384618221
I feel like you could have gotten into one of the DLC areas for the Dark Below in the beta. The one behind the crashed hive ship on Old Russia
>>
>>384618221
They weren't. People glitched into rasputin's bunker a few weeks before the dark below when a several gb patch hit out of nowhere
>>
>>384618315
I wouldnt, this game is a blatant cash grab and its nearly identical to the first just with new content

if you didnt like the first one for any reason this is probably not a sound investment, but hey, i cant stop you

ill be playing it though
>>
>>384618087
to be fair you only have yourself to blame for getting hyped and heartbroken since the Activision-Bungie contract was made public specifically outlining they were planning to cut up content in paid DLC packs. It's the reason why I didn't bother with Destiny 1 at launch.
>>
>have the potential to unfuck things
>ruin basic mechanics
>ruin pve for muh pvp that half the playerbase fucking despises
>lying out the ass
>ONE FUCKING RAID ON LAUNCH

Bungie can burn in a dumpster fire.
>>
>>384618402
They were. There were areas for the second expansion too that you could glitch into on launch. There were even more areas you could glitch into earlier though after the pre-TDB patch.
>>
>>384618315
Apparently theres already a shit ton of fixes planned for the full release, and the beta is actually a super old build. If you are actually somewhat interested i wouldnt write it off immediately, dont let me stop you though
>>
>>384618340
theres absolutely no way the game hit 8 million sales the first week
>>
Best bet is to get the taken king version of destiny 2.
>>
>>384618638
>>ONE FUCKING RAID ON LAUNCH

is this confrimed? I was thinking they would launch with 3
>>
>>384618940
Sales numbers were leaked from the lawsuit Marty O'Donell did against Bungo. Over 500 million dollars with preorders and day 1 sales alone. Sold 6.3 million copies within the first month.
>>
>>384619071
That's just pure delusion on your part.
>>
>>384619248
sweet fucking christ

>tfw you remember they fired marty
why bungie
>>
>>384619071
This is Bungie. They've gotten by with doing the bare fucking minimum for years now. Why would you think this game would be any different?
>>
File: 1380298280635 (1).png (136KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1380298280635 (1).png
136KB, 250x250px
>>384618774
>the beta is actually a super old build
Gee where have I heard this before.

For all intents and purposes this is the demo of Destiny 2, and I'm not going to spend money on the game just to find it out it's the same ol' gameplay from the beta. Because I was given the exact same "it's just a beta" excuse with Destiny 1's beta and nothing significant was changed for release. If there's any time to decide whether to write off Destiny 2, it's now.
>>
>>384619404
>>384619265
I-I was just hopeful they wouldn't cut up the whole game again
>>
>>384619495
look man im just telling you what i heard, play it or not youve made the right call
>>
File: pathfinder.png (279KB, 480x436px) Image search: [Google]
pathfinder.png
279KB, 480x436px
Destiny is fucking shit, don't waste your time on this failed abortion of a franchise
>>
>>384618607
I was hoping Bungie would learn and improve from the first Destiny, but it seems like this entire franchise is just a blatant cash grab and not worth the time investment.
>>
>>384619563
>having hope
teach me anon
>>
>>384618994
This. It's probably what I'm going to do unless the first raid ends up being amazing or something.
>>
Just curious on the groupfinder for raids. can I bring a friend along to find a group? Or can there only be 1 person searching for a group
>>
>>384619765
pretty much any AAA title these days is just a fucking cash grab, but that doesnt mean there is no fun to be had
>>
>>384619563
Well considering they have already announced two expansions just like the first game, I guarantee you it will all be shit that was meant to be in the game from the start.
>>384619495
You do realize you can wait to play the game, right? You don't have to be one of those dipshits that preorders it and gets burned. The PC version being held back almost two months means I will know how trash the game is before I waste my money.
>>
>All you had to do was make Halo the MMO
>failed the MMO part
>failed the Halo gameplay

How the hell do you fuck up so badly?
>>
>>384619865
A few AAA games are fun, Destiny is just boring.
>>
File: 1520156046862.jpg (338KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1520156046862.jpg
338KB, 1280x720px
>>384619963
rat face fatty and rat face skinny are in charge
>>
>>384617609
See I find the setting to be one of the most interesting things about it, especially since they might even go the whole Egyptian mythology route with the giant snake and shit. The music they played at the reveal made me really hopeful for the tone to be great too.
>>
>>384620171
>destiny is boring
sometimes, but i end up having a good time more often than not, mostly because im playing with friends
>>
>>384615010
Also with Activision requiring a set amount of dlc that forced Bungie to cut content to use as dlc.
>>
>>384620381
Pretty much any multiplayer shooter can be made fun with friends. Even abject dogshit like Battleborn can be fun with friends
The thing with playing with friends is there are dozens of better games you could be playing with them.
>>
>>384619657
I'm not trying to be a dick, it's just that what you've heard is the same shit we've been hearing with games for years now, including the first Destiny game. It's silly to expect meaningful changes to the game especially when it comes out in like 2 months. That's all I'm saying.
>>384619898
>You do realize you can wait to play the game, right?
And why would I do this just to find out it's the same ol boring ass game from the beta? Again, the beta is your opportunity to demo and judge for yourself whether the game is worth buying (unless you don't have access to a console). I was originally planning to buy the game on PC but Destiny 2 needs more than just higher framerate and M+KB control to salvage the tedium of its gameplay.
>>
>>384612893
I'm eternally mad that shoulder charge was gutted so badly, even worse than the Nerf in 1
>>
>>384614145
I doubt the game will crash and burn given its fanbase. The fanbase for destiny reminds me a lot of Halo fans on the old bungie.net forums in that they will defend the game and bungie's decisions no matter how stupid they are
>>
>>384620968
>It's silly to expect meaningful changes to the game especially when it comes out in like 2 months. That's all I'm saying.

I would agree normally, but this beta is alot more restricted than the D1 beta, and theres also an entire weapon mod system that we havent gotten the chance to work with. Also, considering this is basically a large expansion on the first game, not a proper sequel, and the ui is pretty much exactly the same, i think we (i) can safely assume that well be seeing alot of the previous mechanics for progression return in this installment. I cant imagine that the shittiness of the beta is exactly what well be getting in the full game, theres too much missing

Then again, i could be completely wrong and the game actually is undistilled dogshit, well really only know once release rolls around. Thats why we dont preorder
>>
>>384620968
>And why would I do this just to find out it's the same ol boring ass game from the beta?
So why are you bitching? Move on. The game almost certainly will be more of the same shit from the first game. That is fucking obvious.
>>
Thr gunplay is still good,which is nice, but the rest of the game is incredibly slow. What originally attracted me to Destiny was the movement and melee/grenade abilities and now they've been gutted. No more advanced movement (Titan/warlock skating, shadow step/twilight garrison w/low CDs) and melee and grenades are weak with a painfully long cool down. The problems with arcstrider would be fixed if movement speed was faster, at the moment, it's way too easy for enemy players to run away or team shot you in a roaming super. Unless if they're literally idiots with no awareness or aim
>>
I hate Bungie's new forums
>>
>>384621445
how was it nerfed?
>>
>>384622350
Doesn't one shot and uses your melee charge. Seems to have the shitty post-nerf tracking it has in D1 right now also.
Basically it is only useful for movement now, not as an actual attack.
>>
The first mission in the beta was alright. I'll probably cancel the preorder and move the money to something else though. Absolutely nothing has made me think it's worth the $60.
>>
File: 1478571838844.jpg (105KB, 596x270px) Image search: [Google]
1478571838844.jpg
105KB, 596x270px
>>384613428
>>
I loathe the fact that the game is always balanced around PvP. Can't have nice PvE gimmicks because then your perfectly balanced (lmao) PvP experience would be ruined. Fuck that shit, and fuck the people that try to take Crucible seriously.
>>
>>384621907
>I would agree normally, but this beta is alot more restricted than the D1 beta,
All this means is that you can't judge how much content the final game will have from the beta, which is obvious. You can still get a feel of how the game plays and the kinds of things you'll be doing, and it's stupid to expect major changes to that from the beta to release. Also correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure we can try out weapon mod system in the beta.
>Also, considering this is basically a large expansion on the first game, not a proper sequel,
That's more of an indictment against the game than anything else. Because they're selling Destiny 2 as a proper sequel and I'm assuming nothing you earned from the first game can be carried over aside from maybe an emblem or some cosmetic trinket.
I don't know what else to t ell you. If you're excepting the shittiness of the beta is going to be different from what you'll be getting in the full game, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.
>>
>>384621941
>So why are you bitching? Move on.
OP asked for thoughts on the beta and how we felt about it. Some people were clearing hoping for more of an evolution similar to the differences between Halo 1, 2 and 3. It's not that complicated.

The difference with the first Destiny is that it at least had the novelty of a psuedo-MMO FPS with multiplayer instances and group content, raids etc. It was their first Destiny game, it's fair to expect that they'd improve and expand on the concept in future games. But nope, the new game is just the exact same shit, arguably worse than the first depending on you ask.
>>
>>384619387
by most accounts Marty was being a cunt though (as was Activision)

There's a reason he hasn't worked on any other video games
>>
>>384623925
The general thoughts, at least here on /v/, is that it is more of the same shit. Playing the mission and strike with all three classes just feels like I'm playing a watered down D1. All of the subclasses and weapon/armor perks are "streamlined" to the point of all blending together even more so than the original.
>>384624145
Bungie fucked him over hard though, hence why he easily won the lawsuit against them. Marty might be a bit of a dick but don't act like Bungie was innocent.
>>
>>384624145
Source?
Beethoven was also a bit of a prick at times, you still don't fire your best Musician.
>>
>>384613889
So, basically what you're saying is you're cheap.
>>
>>384624145
How was he a cunt
>>
File: 1456030516282.jpg (16KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1456030516282.jpg
16KB, 250x250px
I love the Destiny universe, but I hate how the game was presented and butchered.

>>384613653
>trying to balance the game around PVP fucked PVE hard
Well, it just goes to show you where Bungie places their faith in the most. And even so, it's STILL not good.
>>
>>384623834
>You can still get a feel of how the game plays
It still feels pretty good imo, ive been running the strike over and over with some friends for a few hours now
>and it's stupid to expect major changes to that from the beta to release.
I agree, but its not a change, just shit we dont have access to right now
>Also correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure we can try out weapon mod system in the beta.
if we can i havent figured it out
>That's more of an indictment against the game than anything else.
It most certainly is, i was expecting alot more from this game before the reveal trailer dropped. But, knowing that, i loved playing D1 pretty much all the way through, even at its shittiest parts. so i dont really mind desu, if we get more TTk level content i will be perfectly happy
>Because they're selling Destiny 2 as a proper sequel and I'm assuming nothing you earned from the first game can be carried over aside from maybe an emblem or some cosmetic trinket.
Youre right on the money
>I don't know what else to t ell you. If you're excepting the shittiness of the beta is going to be different from what you'll be getting in the full game, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.
Im willing to take that risk, pretty much everyone i know who games will be playing it, i dont want to miss out on that, besides, if it is utter shit on release i just wont get it, and ill buy a switch and play BotW

>>384624375
this
>>
File: 1500575804747.png (459KB, 960x598px) Image search: [Google]
1500575804747.png
459KB, 960x598px
>>384619071
>he's going to be a goy and pay $150 again for all the content
>>
>>384624375
>>384624634
allegedly he threw a shitfit when his music was (or wasn't, I don't remember) used in a press trailer and basically stopped showing up to work. The arbitrator found activision violated his contract in terms of paying out stock awards/vacation time, not that he was unjustly terminated
>>
>>384624828
The court documents said that his music wasn't used in the press trailer and he tweeted about it. He complained to Bungie about it and basically told him to fuck off. When the game came out, they didn't release the soundtrack on iTunes like they usually do. After they had terminated him, they put the soundtrack up on iTunes. They were going to steal the soundtrack right from under him and not pay him.
>>
Enjoying it a bit more than I should have. The strike mechanics and features were a lot more than I was expecting. Gunplay has noticable recoil now as well and movement is somewhat heavier. Excited to play the full version.
>>
>>384624375
All things considered, the Destiny 2 music is still amazing even without Marty
>>
>>384619265
WHY ISN'T THERE A MASTER CHIEF VERSION OF THIS?! DAMN YOU /v/ WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!
>>
>>384614235
You can try to snag beta codes on popular twitch stream chats.

I got about 3 of them for free.
>>
>>384625115
slower
heavier would mean we build momentum and pick up speed
>>
>>384625163
Nothing will ever top the sepiks prime redux
>>
>>384625487
That song's great but it still wasn't done by Marty
>>
File: 1453926288716.png (2KB, 189x178px) Image search: [Google]
1453926288716.png
2KB, 189x178px
>>384624592
>not instantly buying into something that will most likely be a scam like the first game makes me cheap

I literally posted 5 other games I plan on buying. GTFO shil.
>>
>>384625554
Its the same song just with a metal cover
>>
>>384612893
>suddenly /v/ likes Destiny
What happened?
>>
>>384624592
Not sure if shilling or just dumb
>>
>>384612893
>remove Sunbreaker
>give it to Warlock
>Give it a different name
>NEW SUBCLASS
>>
>>384625706
where'd you get that from
>>
>>384615409
>I like how they pretend that nightmarish scenario wasn't entirely their fault in the first place

>Pretend not their fault

Are you retarded? The interview was literally an insider shitting on how much bungie fucked up.
>>
FUCK THIS SHIT GAME BYE
>>
>>384616683
>and hired one dude to write the entirety of the grimoire.

This is literally, factually incorrect. The grimoire team is literally a skinny lez a transgender landwhale a couple of metrosexual nu-males and raid team wrote their own grimoire entries.
>>
>>384626153
They were hired after release, the one guy wrote everything that shipped with the game
>>
>>384622250
I miss the old b.net, fuck that forum update alongside destiny
>>
File: whataworld.jpg (220KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
whataworld.jpg
220KB, 1280x1280px
>>384625706
Destiny 2 happened. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Destiny 1 was a lot better
>>
>>384626292
Fuck off Scaffolding guy.
>>
>>384625706
They fucked up Destiny 2
>>
>>384613195
>pre order from amazon
>get code
>cancel pre order

EASY
>>
>>384612893
Increase power ammo drop rate and power recharge rate in pve.

Pvp is fine, I think it's the best it's ever been.

You're welcome Bungo.
>>
>>384626552
This is how I feel too.

Can they give us an hour of patrol instead of the stupid farm?
>>
File: 1428589081740.gif (2MB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
1428589081740.gif
2MB, 236x224px
>>384618607
>I wouldn't try out the beta
>It's just like the first game
>Pvp is shit like the other mode
>You won't miss out if you don't but it

>I'm still getting it though

What the fuck is wrong with you, you Stockholm suffering syndrom idiot?
>>
>>384627496
>Pvp is shit like the other mode
i didnt say this

I was giving a recomendation to the anon, those seemed like things he wouldnt like

Meanwhile, i loved D1, so i dont really care if its more of the same. Thats what wow is isnt it? and wow is more expensive, really gets the noggin joggin
>>
what percent of the guns allow you to hipfire compared to the mandatory ads the first game had
>>
File: kek.jpg (45KB, 600x477px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
45KB, 600x477px
>>384626552
>he thinks pve and pvp will be balanced differently
>>
>>384612893
>All they had to do was separate balance between PvP and pve
>Refuse to do so and ruin both aspects
When will developers learn?
>>
These threads get pretty cool once the shitposters get bored
>>
They better not fuck it up
>>
>>384628751
define shitposters
>>
>>384629721
anyone who doesnt actually care about the game itself or discussion of which.
>>
>>384629823
in other words anyone who says the game is bad or criticizes it

back on your bullshit I see
>>
>>384629918
You can't read I see.
>>
File: Cf42k20UYAAZ1F7.jpg (33KB, 599x453px) Image search: [Google]
Cf42k20UYAAZ1F7.jpg
33KB, 599x453px
>>384629918
>>
>>384627785
WoW never got any sequels, only expansion packs and even then the game went through more revisions and got changed wildly from Vanilla.
>wow is more expensive, really gets the noggin joggin
Not really, considering it's an actual MMO with a persistent world that doesn't rely on p2p connections and gets free patch content
>>
>>384628940
They already have.
>>
>>384630040
Neither can you apparently.
>>
>>384628751
>>384629823
back to r.eddit
>>
>Slower than before
>Longer cooldowns than before
>More bullet sponge enemies than before
>Same alien races
>Same graphics
>Same classes
What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>384612893
As someone one loved the first game, I feel really mixed about this one. As a shooter taken on its own, it seems like it will be a big improvement over Destiny 1 content wise. The story mission felt like something out of Halo's prime. The strike was also pretty good, big in scope and the boss was a lot more mobile and dynamic than any of the strike bosses in the original. PVP I love so far, I never really got into Destiny's Crucible but I could see myself really getting into this.

Can't help but feel they are neutering the more unique RPG aspects of the game though. Classes were brutally simplified, you get to pick between one of two preset builds with only 4 perks now. Compared to 8 columns with three choices each in the original game. Weapons also have fewer perks now, again less and fewer choices are available on each. My biggest hope for Destiny 2 before it was revealed is that it would become a deeper game as the series progressed, but guess that just isn't happening.
>>
>>384630765
They not going to add another class ever. The 3 classes are tied to Destiny's image and it would take one of the higher-ups to give the go-ahead to make a 4th. Sub-classes are your best bet for now.
>>
>>384624746
If you go into your equipment screen and move the cursor over your gun while hitting Triangle/Y you can try out different weapon mods. If there is a new sub or alternative weapon mod system I don't know about then yeah it's not in the beta.

As someone who thought the PvE in the beta was boring as shit I don't see any reason why it would improve any when the game releases. If your only problem with the beta is the restricted access to shit and you thought D1 was amazing then don't let me be the one to stop you from enjoying it.
>>
Biggest disappointment by far is the "30" FPS. Jesus Christ man. I don't care if it's 720p, this game should be 60 FPS. The shit feels like it's 20.
>>
>>384631116
I can't wait till shitposters like you get bored so we can have threads and discuss the game with anyone who actually cares about it
>>
>>384631531
60 fps ruins videogames. You are breaking the graphics to display them in a manner the designers never intended. Graphics are designed to be displayed on a console at a steady smooth 30 fps. When you double the framerate you change the entire look and ruin it. If I had a gaming PC I would limit the fps to 30 to get the real look of the game.
>>
>>384631252
There is an armor/weapon mod system, but it hasn't been shown off or described in detail at all yet. From the tiny bit we have heard, it sounds like the really big choice perks from the original have been turned into mods that you acquire and can apply to weapons/armor as designed. It would be why none of the weapons have the interesting perks that have active effects.
>>
>>384631531
The weird thing is that they said the last gen consoles were making them feel tied down.

Which is very baffeling why they kept it at 30fps, the graphics aren't even impressive at all
>>
>>384631619
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>384631852
Try and spend less time shitposting and more time learning how to read
>>
>>384631807
Last gen consoles were keeping them behind from releasing on PC. There was no way they could worry about 4 different consoles and PC. PC is the one with 60 fps and 4k which looks pretty smooth.
>>
>>384612893
warlock exotic weapon has bullshit recoil
>>
>>384613195
i got my code from some generous soul here on /v/ a while back. pretty cash.
>>
>>384631531
If you actually cared about framerate at all you would already have a PC, so it wouldn't matter because the PC version has an unlocked framerate.

>>384631807
The scope got a lot bigger. Much bigger environments, more enemies on screen at once, more active enemies with different powers/abilities to throw at you. Take the giant drill part of the strike and the most comparable big set piece like that in Destiny 1. Which would probably be the Siege Engine in Rise of Iron, which was nowhere near as big in scope but also ran like complete shit.
>>
>>384614235
The beta is open to everyone you fucking retard the only thing you get with the lre order is the ability to play the beta a couple of days before. That's fucking it
>>
>>384612893
Unloaded a full magazine of my auto rifle into the head of a person standing still ADSing a sniper, and they one-shot me.

Couldn't hit a guy with sweet business because he was hitting me with a sidearm from across the map which made my weapon bounce all over the screen.

But it doesn't matter because I'm literally going to play the crucible for however long it takes to get that titan armor in final game and then go back to PVE.
>>
>>384626542
>needing to preorder at all
>not just downloading it from the Japanese PSN store

lol
>>
>>384631252
Those arent weapon mods, just perks, and those were in D1 as well, if you look below at all those empty squares below the perks, thats where these apparent weapon mods will go

>>384630449
what do you mean
>>
>>384632753
If somebody is already scoped in on you, don't try contesting. Also I assume you mean handcannon because sidearms are garbage as of right now, and since 2/3 hand cannons in the Beta have explosive rounds that means they produce a ton of extra kick.
>>
>>384633174
I assumed they were mods because when I change certain perks the scope on my gun changed
>>
>>384633351
No yeah thats fair, if i hadn tplayed d1 i would have made the same mistake
>>
>>384633351
Yeah, the mods are on the bottom of the weapon inspection screen. The Energy weapons all have mods that correspond to the type of energy they're using (Solar mod = Solar damage).
>>
im surprised this thread is still here, this is by far the comfiest destiny thread on this board in a while
>>
>>384634014
It'll be even more comfy once all the shitposters unfairly hating on the game get bored and leave
>>
>>384631228
>The 3 classes are tied to Destiny's image
It's not like having 4 guys in the all the promos instead of 3 would suddenly make the game unrecognisable.
>>
>>384634014
>>384634354
>bring up legitimate points
>even reddit thinks its shit
>even bnet forums think its shit

>haha shitposter
fuck off
>>
I think the game will be simply okay or mediocre. I was hoping it would be great. I want the game to be great. Destiny 3 is the final strike.
>>
>>384634648
I'm waiting a few years until the full game comes out and when 3 is announced.
>>
>>384634625
Sorry you can't read.
>even reddit thinks its shit
That means it's good. Go back there.
>>
>battle net botnet on Pc
So now i need another fucking program and another fucking account apart from Microsoft, Origin and Steam fucking awesome.

>no crossplay
Yeah good flicking job, at least cross platform saves would be fucking nice but no.

How dead will the game be on PC?
>>
>>384618090
they always sucked ass in everything that wasn't PVP
>>
>>384635523
Probably not at all, the twitch community alone held up destiny, every destiny streamer is going to be playing this, it literally cant fail, and its disgusting
>>
>>384635523
fucking dead since they will have to watch other players spoil all the shallow content and get to the tedious endgame for 48 days before it's their turn

gameplay is slow as shit too that it'll feel even slower on PC
>>
>>384635523
Depends how badly they butcher it. Bungie hasn't made a game for PC since Halo 1 and knowing them now Bungie probably included aim magnetism on the PC build cause fuck it, this game is casual enough as is.
http://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2s-luke-smith-on-pc-features-pvp-new-subclasses-and-more/
>On a controller where you have rumble and rich tactile feedback, you want the controller response to feel like the weapon response—recoil, etc. When you’re playing with mouse and keyboard you don’t want to constantly be playing with this game of like dragging your mouse back down to counter recoil. So our team, working with our partnership at [Vicarious Visions], has been working tirelessly on the PC control scheme because we really take a lot of pride here at Bungie in our games playing extremely well.

So yeah I wouldn't get my hopes up.
>>
>>384636046
if you plug a controller in on pc in destiny 2 you will get aim assist like on consoles
>>
>>384636046
They already confirmed there is no aim assist at all with M+KB
>>
>>384631116
I can agree with a lot you're saying. I don't think I could ever get into this PvP, though. Too slow.
>>
>>384635834
well they suck ass in PVP now too
>>
who /stayinginD1/ here? the Crucible changes are irredeemable. Did we not have a good thing going?
>>
>>384636972
D1 PVP was fucked beyond belief, what the hell are you on about?
>>
>>384636972
No, Destiny 1's Crucible became a tire fire that only got progressively worse after the B team took over managing it post TTK's release.
>>
>>384631116
I think alot of your issues with RPG elements may be fixed by the weapon mod system on launch
>>
>>384637120
>>384637139
Explain
>>
>>384637139
>>384637120
Suit yourself. I think its far better
>inb4 meta complaints
What meta? Why can I be the best player with every weapon type and subclass?
>>
>>384636857
That's interesting. Aim assist was a stat on guns in D1. Wonder if it's just uniform in D2, because it's a dead stat for MKB players.
>>
>>384636972
You and five other people probably.
I wouldn't be surprised if they shut down D1 servers within a year in order to force more people into playing 2.
>>
>>384636915
It feels perfect to me right now. Still a good deal faster than Halo, with good mobility options, but you can no longer get across the entire map in a few short moments so positioning actually has some weight behind it as making a mistake is more punishing. They probably could have just fixed exploits/bugs like skating though, and left everything else alone though. Its nice that they make blink more usable again for once.
>>
>>384637315
Aim assist has been toned down pretty heavily across the board on the console version already, though I'm not sure if it has been entirely removed as a stat on guns.
>>
>>384637518
>this whole post
Opposite day? Also being able to quickly move across huge maps faster than everyone else was one of the best parts of making a character like that. Now it's all just... samey
>>
>>384637707
>...
>>>reddit
>>
>>384637518
It doesn't feel like Destiny anymore because of what they decided breaks PVP being nerfed/removed.
>grenades long cooldown
>sticking someone with a nade doesn't kill them
So not only do grenades take like 50% longer to charge, but a sticky grenade doesn't kill. Its just fucking shooting people with guns, might as well just remove classes while your at it for parity.
>>
>>384637181
Most of the people who worked on crucible left to work on Destiny 2 after Taken King came out, and the decline that followed was really apparent. Every single patch following the release of TTK was a disaster that accomplished none of what they wanted. They kept making the same mistakes over and over again, becoming more and more oblivious as time went on.
>>
>>384637930
The only thing they continually fucked was Bladedancers and spawning with special ammo. Everything else is fine.
>>
>>384637905
>waaaaa I can't one shot people with abilities anymore

get fucked shitter
>>
>>384638138
Go back to Call of Duty, fuckfence. He had a huge point, and it does suck now. What made the game "Destiny" is gone now. It feels like there's no magic or nearly as many differences between classes that make each one valuable or even unique. It's just guns now. Oh fucking boy.
>>
>>384637905
One shot abilities that recharged every 25 seconds were fucking bullshit, nevermind the fact that they also required zero skill and have heavy magnetism. The changes to abilities are fine, it now means tossing an ability out won't hand you a win in any gunfight like it could before. As for recharge times, we just don't have any of the armor perks which give you faster recharge times. Play as a T0 character in Destiny 1 and see how long everything takes to charge.
>>
>>384638041
the problem was these fucking changes kept coming at the expense of PVE. ammo totals, shotguns in general, class changes, all because of fucking crucible.

and don't get me started on shit like Trials of Osiris
>>
Ammo crates were few and far between and when they did show up, the new design on them made me have to look extra close to see if they actually dropped. I know that in the first game they looked like giant funky colored lego blocks but at least you could fucking see them on the ground from any distance.

The hand cannon that they gave you felt really good though.

aside from that it felt like more of the same. Not really getting the feeling that much is different
>>
>>384638386
Are you not happy with the PvE playground that is Challenge/Prison of Elders?
I'm kidding obviously. PvE was left behind sans Raids
>>
>>384637707
Titan skating was the stupidest thing in the entire game, specing your agility as low as possible to become the fastest thing in the game was fucking retarded. It needed to be changed.
>>
>>384637905
>but a sticky grenade doesn't kill
Because in D1 people were just using stickies and running around. It didn't matter if you got the drop on someone, they would just kamikaze throw it onto you and you'd die. There was nothing you could do besides hope they throw it off target and it didn't auto-lock follow you like it normally does.
>>
>>384638367
T0 character vs D2 right now, D2 still charges longer. It should have been either or, not both. If you want long ability cooldowns, cool but the damage should have stayed the same. You want nerfed damage, fine but the cooldown should have been the same.
It negatively effects PVE, again just like every other change, since many grenades fail to kill red health enemies while having a ridiculous cooldown for what they do.
>>
>>384638609
I'll admit I abused the fuck out of skating, but it was also fun as fuck. If anything the other classes needed to be faster to compensate
>>
>>384638554
>Not really getting the feeling that much is different
youd be right, but for me and alot of other people thats totally fine. I liked D1 alot, and if D2 is more of that than im fine with it
>>
File: 1488250302372.jpg (32KB, 584x312px) Image search: [Google]
1488250302372.jpg
32KB, 584x312px
Is there an FPS slider or is it at the very least higher than D1?

This will make or break the game for me.
>>
>>384638767
Hunter was still by far the fastest, even after the army of Titty skaters took off the breaks. Nothing can beat the Bones for pure distance and speed.
>>
>>384637905
>one nade kills you

I don't even played the game, but it would be fucking infuriating, knowing that the people would just spam nades
>>
>>384638554
I still feel like they're easy to see, considering they glow bright green/purple all the time
>>
>>384638898
The absolute lowest cooldown was 20 seconds, outside of Warlock Sunsinger Super.
>>
>>384638845
FPS? You mean FOV?
>>
>>384639041

Oh shit. Yeah, sorry. I'm troubleshootin fps problems on my pc atm and it popped into my head.
>>
>>384638898
Not every subclass gets a sticky grenade, and even then sticky grenades SHOULD ohko. That's gaming grenades 101 shit
>>
>>384638845
on consoles no, at least not in the beta

I think its confirmed on pc
>>
>>384638891
Wrong, once you got skating down you could get fast enough to die on impact with surfaces. Bones + better control jump hunters were better for directional control and air dodging, but for speed titan skating could outrun the raid sparrows boosting.
>>
>Peer
>to
>peer
>online

Holy fucking shit how the actual hell is this allowed in 2017?
>>
>>384639125
And people complained because there was no counter play to them. It's not like Halo where you have to go where they spawn and pick them up, they're intrinsically apart of the character and recharge every 20-30 seconds.
>>
>>384639208
P2P is perfectly fine. Stop shitposting.
>>
>>384638845
30 fps locked on consoles. Unlocked fps on PC, as per usual.
>>
>>384639308

>P2P is perfectly fine

Do you live in a time machine?
>>
every primary is nerfed at least 15% to 30% both modes
>>
>>384638845
FOV slider confirmed on PC
>>
Are LMGs still heavy only? I want an LMG primary.
>>
>>384639442
They got rid of the LMG archetype, and I believe there is an exotic gatling gun/machine gun for primary slot labeled an auto rifle.
>>
>>384639308
retard that knows nothing about security or netcode detected

A N Y T H I N G but fully authoritative server model = easy as fuck to hack
>>
>>384639442
No more machine guns at all. They would have been to OP under the new ammo changes.
>>
>>384639591
How so
>>
File: 1498134042330.png (172KB, 416x436px) Image search: [Google]
1498134042330.png
172KB, 416x436px
I'll wait till I see the full release
But as for the beta there's quite a few things i wished were changed mainly the weapon system
I knew that was a bad idea when they showed it off
Theres plenty of good changes too, like how the classes actually feel unique and armor dictates your speed and defense this time around. That just makes me wonder whats going to dictate the recharge rate of melee, grenade and supers.
The node clusters for abilities make it a lot more restrictive than in 1 where you could mix and match abilities to suit your style.

There's good and bad just like anything else, I just wonder how much exotic armor will affect your playstyle and subclass abilities since there's no more nodes for things like Helm of Inmost Light.
>>
>>384639914
LMGs have huge magazines and you could get a kill just just a few rounds, just like in the early days of Destiny 1 PVP when heavy was a lot more common, you could easily go an entire match with an MG and shit all over everyone.
>>
File: 1499106568329.gif (3MB, 410x187px) Image search: [Google]
1499106568329.gif
3MB, 410x187px
Mark my words tha Destiny 2 will still get traction just because its available on PC this time while 1 wasn't.
Its almost like they know its worse so they're going to open it to more platforms to cover the potential sales hit.
>>
I watched some vids
this looks SO FUCKING BORING
It looks even more boring that warframe, warframe at least somewhat fast and had more enemies on screen.
Why peoples like this shit?
>>
>>384640083
>There are people who are unironically buying it first on PS4 so they don't have to wait then getting it on PC later
>>
>>384640212
That's me, going into raids blind is a magical experience that I will never miss out on. After the PC version is out I get to finally sell my PS4, which has been nothing but a Destiny machine for years.
>>
>>384640274
kinda pathetic dont ya think
>>
>>384639568
>/v/ gets mad when they're banned for cheating or using exploits
>/v/ gets mad when a game will let people cheat
o.O
>>
>>384640439
Not him, but blind VoG with an all blind party might be the most fun I've ever had in gaming. Say what you want, but fun was measured and had.
>>
>>384639353
Didn't stop Destiny from achieving greatness

>>384639568
Except that people who liked the game thought it was a good game and no amount of entitled complaining will invalidate their experiences they had with the game

>>384639208
Because it's perfectly serviceable? Games with dedicated servers are probably bad and underpopulated. Can't really compare with Destiny
>>
>>384640712
I meant that destiny is his only ps4 game
>>
>>384640212
honestly, if there were a way to use the same character on both games I'd totally double dip. As it is most of my RL friends and family that play do so on PS4 so I'm kind of stuck
>>
>>384640783
It isn't the only one I have, but the only one that makes me want to keep it at all. I have no desire to replay Bloodborne again, and most of Sony's first party stuff wasn't too appealing this gen.
>>
i was interested in playing because it was on pc but then me and my buddies found out about battlenet shit

generally when its pc: no steam no buy

because every other client seems to be absolutely fucking garbage
>>
>>384641291
Battlenet isn't great or anything, but it doesn't do anything that would make me not want it on my PC.
>>
File: 3 guys 1 punch.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
3 guys 1 punch.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>384613653
>So they basically got rid of the identity of Destiny, which is space magic and everyone using abilities pretty often, for more gun shootan

Like Halo? ;)
>>
>>384641291
Battle.net is alright, not invasive or obnoxious, and gets the job done.
>>
>>384641785
They didn't lose halos identity before the second game was even released.
>>
File: DANGIT BOBBY.png (664KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
DANGIT BOBBY.png
664KB, 800x450px
>TFW DRL was right and saved you money on all fronts.
>>
>>384614521
>They took some shit from overwatch and cs go
Remember when other devs copied Bungie instead of the other way around? D2 is DoA for me. Not gonna pay $100+ for watered down anti-fun pvp. I'll pick it up when all the raids are out.
>>
>>384643280
>They didn't lose halos identity before the second game was even released.
Halo2sucks
>>
I played it last night and it felt just like the first destiny except with shittier movement.
>>
>>384644793
Doesn't mean the identity was loss.
>>
>>384641785
Fuck off dadamage, get back to discord
Reeeeeeee
>>
>>384644672
Isn't Activision both Bungie and Blizzard now?
>>
>>384645890
Activision doesn't even down the Destiny IP, let alone Bungie itself.
>>
>>384612893
Story mission is a step up from D1 but nothing near any of the Halo games, even the mediocre 343 ones. I'm also still mad Luke Smith, the retard king of retards, said that the Exo Stranger's character arc has concluded
Strike mission is identical to D1 design and outright boring
Multiplayer feels less cluttered than D1 though it's too hard to tell how it'll play on actual release with weapon metas and the like. On one hand the lesser customization makes it seem like it'll be far less infuriating to play than D1, but the neutered personalization is a shame.
Core gameplay is still fine but the two primaries/heavies thing is weird and ability energy charges way too slow in PvE.

Overall lackluster as hell; not holding my breath for this game to be anything over a 6/10. Also, the music is a ridiculous step down from Marty's stuff.
>>
>>384646307
Luke Smith has a horrible case of foot in mouth when he gives interviews, but he wasn't wrong. Stranger's goal was to point the player character toward the Black Garden, mission accomplished in relation to what she wanted to do with us.
>>
>>384622450
Git gud titan shitter lel
>>
>>384646307
>Exo Stranger is one of the only characters that show up in the original story
>Absolutely nothing about her is answered
>Arc is over
What the fuck?
They may as well just retcon Destiny 1 out of existence.
>>
>>384626413
Get rekt ignoramus
>>
>>384646680
That's not a character arc, that's just her relation to that particular plot. Given her ties to Rasputin and the fact that almost nothing that she did goes explained, it's clear that her character was built up as an important one in the universe.
Though of course if it means avoiding writing like "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain" I guess it was for the best.
>>
>>384647134
The character was literally a throwaway made up because they needed a narrative excuse to get the player from the Moon to Venus in the new story that was being thrown together by the level designers, they didn't even make a unique character model for her. Just recycled an old concept/test one, the first Exo model made.
>>
>>384647056
Honestly it seems like the plan is to just ignore everything that happened in Destiny's vanilla story. Probably the best call, I'm sure they don't want to remember that disaster either.
>>
>>384647745
What if in universe she was literally the first exo?
>>
>>384647845
I mean, they fucking blew up the tower.
>>
>>384619963
this wtf
if it was literally go kill x grunts/ damage sponge grunts in 'destiny land' i would have been way happier since the core aspect of halo is always fun
>>
>>384620226
(((Noseworthy)))
>>
>>384648030
We will never know because the character is impossible to take seriously, any effort they could spend to try reintroducing her would be far better spent just making a new character instead.
>>
I want to know, did Bungie learn their lesson this time and not take actors from all the popular movies and TV shows of the time like Game of Thrones and Walking Dead to voice all the characters which basically means no hope for new lines in expansions since they all cost too much?
>>
>>384648681
it's the same VAs from the last game (minus the midget)
>>
>>384648681
Dinklage was the only character they couldn't get to come back, and it was mostly because he hated the role and didn't bother clearing his scheduled to allow for recording sessions. Everyone else got progressively more lines as the series went on. Aside from the player characters becoming mute anyway.
>>
>>384648831
by same VAs you just mean the vanguards. I don't think people realize almost all characters were played by actors who weren't really VAs. Like the stranger was maggie from the walking dead.
>>
>>384648951
I don't even count vanilla destiny because of how few lines there actually were
>>
>>384648951
The game is also basically a Firefly cast reunion.
>>
>>384648681
Don't worry, your player character will never speak a single line again. It honestly makes me laugh when remembering those old interviews where the developers said "my Guardian is way cooler than the Master Chief ever was" or something along those lines.
>>
>>384649317
>Don't worry, your player character will never speak a single line again
Is this official?
>>
>>384649521
Considering your character hasn't spoken a line since vanilla Destiny and has no lines in Destiny 2 thus far, I'd say yes.
>>
>>384649317
I think player character lines might be coming back, but just aren't present because the characters in the beta are pre-generated and don't have an actual race behind them. In both of the in engine cutscenes, there are moments where the camera is focused on the PC and it seems like they should be saying something only to be met with silence. Like the opening one.
>Ghost - Remember those times I said you fly too fast.
>Camera pans to PC as dialog pauses, awkward silence for a moment
>Ghost - Forget I said that, fly fast.

Feels like they muted some dialog there.
>>
So will we ever get a scene where the Vex pull a ghost out of time and it's Dinklebot who wants to kill you for abandoning him complete with evil Guardian that follows him around?
>>
>>384650068
No, because Dinklebot has sworn off vidya voice acting forever.
>>
>>384650130
Yea we will see how long that vow lasts after GOT ends.
>>
I don't understand why they keep pushing PvP so fucking hard. It's secondary in the minds of just about everyone who plays the game. And they're fucking up PvE left and right just to make PvP mediocre instead of shit.
>>
>>384650243
They want that sweet MLG cred nigga. Everyone is chasing it now. You know how much free promotion and advertising that is?
>>
>>384650243
I loved the first games FPS gears of war style MULTIPLAYER.
WTF did they do.
>>
>>384650243
Because PVP is always what has kept the game going, every weekend Destiny pulls in a huge number of Twitch views for Trials of Osiris.
>>
>>384650557
I think Bungies ultimate ultimate goal with PVP is a true seamless experience where you patrol on a planet then in an area you can just walk into a multiplayer deathmatch going on seamlessly no menu screens or anything. Thats why they are trying so fucking hard to make PVP stats and PVE stats identical.
>>
>>384650221
Are you kidding, he can always go to Adam Sandler for a free paycheck whenever.
>>
>>384650643
That has always been the goal, yes. They have made this clear on multiple occasions when people demand they make the Crucible some entirely separate thing like a traditional multiplayer mode, the entire point of the game as a whole is the seamless flow between all the different activities.
>>
>>384650890
It is a great concept but minute long loading screens between each and every activity makes that impossible.
>>
>>384650890
which is a pipe dream that ignores the fact that if you don't balance each independently instead of getting two good game modes you get two shitty ones
>>
>>384648513
Luke Smith, the fat ugly Jew that is leading D2s development, said that he believes they wrapped up the Exo Stranger's story really well and was happy how they finished it. I wish I was joking.
>>
>>384646731
Perhaps next time you should try to form a coherent argument. Just a thought.
>>
>>384651073
They are more like 15-20 seconds long now in Destiny 2, feels way better.

>>384651096
They do balance them independently though, just historically not enough in some ways. There are plenty of times where they have adjusted PVE and PVP damage separate, made certain weapon perks only function in PVE, or made abilities perform very differently in utility between PVE and PVP. They've still screwed up sometimes though, like the huge ammo reserve changes to shotguns and snipers late into TTK.
>>
>>384651261
Like I said, whenever he is interviewed he has a tendency to put his foot in his mouth and stay incredibly stupid shit on camera or in text. He's still the guy behind VoG and Taken King though so he can be as much of a PR disaster as he wants as long as he keeps delivering good results.
>>
>>384651557
>more like 15-20 seconds
Which is still too fucking long. I am amazed they improved them at all though, hopefully the pc version actually manages to improve on this.
>>
>>384651656
VoG was the only enjoyable thing he had a part in. He is legitimately one of the worst people I've ever seen at interviewing. He always manages to say something really stupid that pisses off most of the fanbase.
>>
>>384651664
If you put an SSD in the PS4, when doing stuff solo your loading times in Destiny 1 can be as short as 10 seconds or less. In PVP though you are bottlenecked by everyone else loading of course, on PC I'm sure it will be a lot better. Even just a 7200rpm drive can shave 5 seconds off the loading times vs the standard one.
>>
>>384651806
Thank God the fanbase is filled with cucks who will defend him 2 days later and call anyone who criticizes him toxic.
>>
>>384651806
Yes, they should never allow him to give interviews or speak in front of a camera, he is a complete social retard. The first two months of Taken King was awesome though, best period the game ever had. I'm curious to see what he will deliver with the entire game under his control.
>>
>Thorn
>The Last Word
>Universal Partywinter's Lie 64
>FR Efrideet's
>LITC Eireene
>RAMlocks able to tank golden guns at one point
>Warlock melees in general
>early TTK Sunbreakers
>>
>>384652156
Pre-Nerf Ram was probably the most ridiculous thing the game ever had, why the fuck would they give an exotic which makes you a super tank to Warlocks?
>>
>>384652156
I actually miss the Thorn/Shotgun meta because my deaths to them eventually became funny for some reason
>>
>>384652690
Thorn never really bothered me that much, cross-map Last Word glitchshooting however always made me livid.
>>
>>384652452
The same reason they gave warlocks incredible range, fantastic suitability abilities, and one of the best jumps.
>>
>>384652452
Because Bungie doesn't know how to balance their games. They have zero fucking idea hence why every balance patch had weapon classes drastically changing between worthless and most used.
>>
File: 1378540079433.gif (2MB, 316x213px) Image search: [Google]
1378540079433.gif
2MB, 316x213px
>>384612893

>Glad there's a PC version now solely because the PS4 version won't go to 60fps
>But really apprehensive after playing the first game
>Will I still have to raid or PVP to get high LL items
>If so, will there be fucking matchmaking
>Will exotics still be an enormous pain in the ass to get?
>Will the game release super unfinished and we have to buy $160 of DLC to get it how we were supposed to on launch?
>Will we be able to read grimoire cards IN GAME THIS TIME?

I got really upset at all of the bullshit in the first game and I'm gonna hang back a year or so and wait to see if everyone's getting fucked over by DLC first, but if the game releases and it actually has enough content to warrant a $60 purchase this time, I'm definitely going to get it on PC.

I'm not too fussed about missing PS4 exclusive exotics this time around or transferring my character because more exotics just means more grind and I hated being forced to play iron banner all the time in the first game to raise my light level just because I couldn't into raids outside of Vault of Glass in the first game.
>>
>>384652156
>every single time shotguns were nerfed before the special ammo patch a new overpowered one would crawl out of the woodwork and take over (Conspiracy Theory D and that RoI unlock shotgun)
>Fusion Rifles spent the rest of the game's lifetime paying for how OP the Vex Mythoclast was in the beginning
>that absolutely worthless Doctrine meta that took over for a month or two
>>
File: Destiny-2-gear-11.jpg (65KB, 1200x681px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny-2-gear-11.jpg
65KB, 1200x681px
>>384653359
Seems like you never kept up with the game after TTK came out.
>Will I still have to raid or PVP to get high LL items
Light Level became meaningless more or less, you could hit max light from doing anything for long enough.
>If so, will there be fucking matchmaking
There is a "Guided Games" system in place now. Solo people can get matched up with other groups who need a few more.
>Will exotics still be an enormous pain in the ass to get?
Exotics have been piss easy to get every since TTK.
>Will the game release super unfinished and we have to buy $160 of DLC to get it how we were supposed to on launch?
Probably, but also probably not as barren as D1 was at the same time. That said it is going for the same DLC model as the first game with a small DLC coming out roughly ever ~4 months, and a big expansion annually. Lets see if they can actually keep the small DLCs coming for the entire lifecycle of the game this time.
>Will we be able to read grimoire cards IN GAME THIS TIME?
Grimoire cares are no more, everything in conveyed in game via gear descriptions or metroid prime style scannable stuff.
>>
>>384653541
I think you forget how massively OP normal fusions were too, try the Fusion Rifle in Destiny 2 for a small taste. Also can't forget about Pocket Infinity Kills.
>>
>>384653541
>titan bubbles could be chained together infinitely because they spawned more super energy than they used if the entire team picked them up
>this worked in pvp
>>
>>384653861
>Lets see if they can actually keep the small DLCs coming for the entire lifecycle of the game this time.
>wanting to get fleeced even more
Now I've seen everything
>>
>>384654184
The game was fucking boring with an entire year between content releases.
>>
>>384612893
Its actually worse and I wasn't impressed by 1 in the first place. I hope this flops. These low effort sequels need to stop making money.
>>
>>384654397
any other MMO does events and they're free
but not destiny
>>
>>384654460
They tried free events between Taken King and Rise of Iron. They were all lame.
>>
>>384654574
so your solution is to give them MORE money?
>>
>>384654619
Whatever it takes to get a Raid every few months or so instead of once every year. I'd pay $10 every few months just for a new Raid, as long as it wasn't as bad as Crota's End on launch at least.
>>
>>384653861

>Seems like you never kept up with the game after TTK came out.

You're not entirely correct but definitely half correct, actually. I sort of played up to wrath of the machine raid, got pissed off because like King's Fall I was never on a team that could get past the monitor part where you have to shoot monitors in a very specific order, kinda like how I was never on a team that could complete the part with the sisters in king's fall. I dropped the game before I could complete the year 2 or year 3 raids. I appreciated the weekly PVE challenges in the rise of iron DLC though, but eventually burned out on them.

"Simon says or you're dead" basically killed raids for me because there's nothing worse than doing everything right yourself but team wiping anyway because that one asshole on your team can't follow directions. It's not even fun or dynamic either, you just do the same thing every run with no variation or you team wipe.

Exotics were a pain in the ass to get because you still needed a straight up guide to get some of them because only mega autismos even beyond me, an actual, literal autist, could figure out the prerequisites to get something like the Black Spindle or the Sleeper Simulant (Before they removed the "You have to do this on the 7th day of a month" requirement) without a guide.
>>
>>384655080
You think thats bad. I actually am a top tier player or at least I consider myself as much but my cousin plays with me and he;s absolute garbage so he weighs me and my teams down always during raids making us work hard and he is always fucking on so I can't sneak in without him other than setting my status to invisible which makes me feel bad that I have to do.
>>
>>384655080
You got matched with some real idiots, because that isn't how that part works at all. There is a single monitor to shoot that pops up between SIVA bombs spawning in, not a sequence. You just have to shoot one monitor that can pop up in one of three places.
>>
>>384655080
>>384655417
As for the exotics, the idea is the mega autismos uncover them and then it slowly spreads throughout the community. On instantly, really, but you get the idea. If you think either of those are cryptic, you should look up Outbreak Prime. There was an ARG involved with that one.
>>
>>384655417

Yeah I was told by a friend who was way more into destiny than I was "How do you have such shit luck with LFG players, no fucking wonder you hate this game, jesus christ I'd be pissed off and probably drop the game too if I had your experience with raids." meanwhile that kind of bullshit was all I knew.
>>
Wasn't this going into open beta today, or did I imagine that? Still can't grab it without pre-ordering.
>>
>>384655787
It goes into Open Beta on Friday, probably opens at 10AM pacific just like the closed one did.
>>
>>384655638
You gotta be selective dude. Every time I lfg I ask the following:

>"Does everyone have a mic"
If even one person doesn't I bounce. No mics just make them more annoying to do.

>Is anyone a complete noob
I will take 1 or 2 blind guy in but thats it. I don't take more than 2 new guys because you just won't win it's too much and I hate having to explain to multiple guys mechanics every fucking time knowing they won't really understand what we are doing until 20 wipes.

>Listen if there are any kids
Not really a question but if there are like two kids who are school buddies cracking retarded grade school jokes I leave. It's not worth it.

You kinda gotta get a feel from the players and make sure their light is high enough and don't feel bad to bounce if you get a bad feeling.
>>
>>384655975

Except I was unable to use a mic because I had to play on remote play due to the fact that the TV in my house is constantly being used by other people (Remote play doesn't allow you to use mics), and I followed directions just fine communicating through nods and jumps. People who had mics still screwed up regardless of the fact that they had it.
>>
>>384655637
>Outbreak Prime
This shit was ridiculous, I hope they do even more cryptic nonsense going forward. I love seeing autistic freaks tear through the puzzles like they were nothing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBRXVf0WEhE
>>
>>384656325
There you go thats why you keep failing. You are the cancer player who can't communicate in an activity that is communication heavy. Also LOL playing raids on a remote play PSP it's funny how this turned out.
>>
anyone want a code for pc bn? i got 16 of them
>>
>>384656416
Why not give them to friends instead of ungrateful losers on /v/ who probably won't even play?
>>
>>384656526
Because he's a paid Bungie shill.
>>
>>384656594
Fucking Jason Jones, I should have known.
>>
>>384656386

You're a massive faggot if you think that, I followed directions just fine. If I didn't, I wouldn't have been able to beat Vault of Glass. I did all of the right steps. It was other people fucking up.
>>
>>384656416
I do
>>
>>384656707
It doesn't matter. Communication is key. If you see something on the fly that needs to be relayed to everyone else tough shit because you are a retard who can't afford a small TV. Plus playing on a remote PSP isn't as good as a controller so your reflexes are shittier. Look in the mirror faggot, you are why you can't do the bomb throwing part. You know how many times people dies and I had to bomb through them or communicate how I am moving to another lane oops you can't do that shit.
>>
>>384615010

Every SINGLE developer that made their game for PC first, to release on PC, and then scale down to consoles; does not have this problem. Every faggot studio that thinks PC is garbage, and aims for console--when they have their engine ported over, run into huge swath of issues. Which when looked at from an outside perspective, becomes glaringly obvious, to be basically a compounded blob of incompetence.

Bungie is the latter, because those faggots hate PC. Lo' and behold, their engine is garbage.
>>
>>384636857
>>384636046

No, at first they said that the guns would have no recoil whatsoever. When the community blew up and flat out called them fucking retards, they backpedalled and said "the game will have some recoil." Then tried to justify it with the rumble functionality of a controller vs. MKB.

MKB is already insanely low latency and hyper accurate compared to controllers. If you remove all recoil from weapons, the guns become nearly hitscan. Anyone who'd play with a controller on a PC would get massively BTFO. It would be utterly unfair on every front. It just shows how much they love that console dick over the PC platform. The only reason they are releasing it on PC, is because if they don't, Activision will shit down their throat with a lawsuit. Otherwise, they'd avoid the platform like the plague.
>>
>>384614232
They already had 3 years to figure out that the only thing redeeming about original Destiny's PVE were the DLCs which didn't have every quest being a fucking tower defense section.
>>
>>384657363
The person who made the "No Recoil" comment was objectively retarded and had no idea what he was talking about, you can see recoil present in the PC gameplay that has been shown off.
>>
File: doug.jpg (185KB, 1170x780px) Image search: [Google]
doug.jpg
185KB, 1170x780px
>>384612893
So does anybody have some codes so I don't have to wait 11 more hours to play?
>>
>>384657463

Yeah, they kept it because the original no recoil statement was making so much headway in the community, that it was generating a ton of bad press for the game. A game that won't be out for another month or two. They backpedalled hard.

That said, the issue isn't with recoil per se, because the recoil will always be present as long as you use a controller. The issue in question is what happens to recoil if you use a MKB. I mean, most companies now a days whenever they show off their games, even when they run on high end PCs, keep showing some faggot playing with a controller. I've seen that with Destiny 2 a lot on youtube videos at events. The players keep using a controller over the MKB.

So I have very little confidence in them doing MKB justice, and as a result, its going to massively fuck up game balance.
>>
>>384621579
Halo games crashed eventually. Even still when Bungie developed the titles. There was 'harsh' criticism on some design decisions made in Halo: Reach, weren't there?
I feel kind of bad for those trying to defend Destiny as a franchise or just Destiny 2, because they'll have to somehow find a justification for Bungie not keeping their 10 year support promise.
>>
>>384657729
They had it available to play with M+KB on the E3 show floor, there is no ambiguity here. Whoever made the original comment just had no idea what he was talking about, and had to be corrected by somebody who did. Recoil is still there, just implemented differently and it is obviously far earlier to manage if you have ever played a PC shooter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uAhNk0hmIA
>>
>>384657849
>they'll have to somehow find a justification for Bungie not keeping their 10 year support promise.
How is this still a thing that people believe? Never at any point did Bungie say Destiny was a game that would be supported for 10 years, they said they had a 10 year plan for the franchise. Right in the original contract between Activision and Bungie it states that there would be multiple game releases over the 10 year period the publishing deal lasts for. There was never a plan for Destiny to exist as a single game supported for 10 years.
>>
>>384658006

Yeah, outside of the revolver, recoil is barely present on the guns. Also, that garbage AI is very irritating. Fuck this game.
>>
>>384658239
It is a highly scripted tutorial mission, what more do you want out of it exactly?
>>
>>384658178
It got memed up like it was meant to be 10 years of support for og Destiny. Not caring enough to look into it was my downfall.
>>
>>384658239
Recoil is recoil, it is present in the game when playing with M+KB. If the person playing just fired at a wall without trying to correct anything I'm sure it would kick a lot more, the nature of a mouse alone gives you a lot more ability to control recoil. The person who claimed there was no recoil was objectively wrong, they didn't "backpedal" the guy was just wrong.
>>
Pvp is fucked.
>>
>>384619963
>How the hell do you fuck up so badly?
They stopped caring about Halo gameplay in 2009.
>>
>>384621579
Bungiefags will be Bungiefags, today I still dislike Halo 2's campaign and thought ODST and Reach were shit.
>>
>>384658749
What I want to know is how fuck did that person not know what recoil is?
>>
>>384659467
I honestly have no idea, maybe he didn't actually know anything about the PC version but commented on it anyway like an idiot. Seems like a Bungie tradition at this point to let people who have no business giving interviews every opportunity to say something retarded.
>>
>sell game for $60
>only get a quarter of a game that becomes outdated after a month
Leave it to Activision to waste Bungie like this.
>>
>>384613269
Shadow of War looks fun
>>
File: what a shame.png (256KB, 434x497px) Image search: [Google]
what a shame.png
256KB, 434x497px
>>384657063
>Bungie releasing a computer game
>isn't on the Mac
>>
DSP has spoken wise words out of his mouth, the game is boring as shit, and it plays similarly to the first one; Dull and slow.
>>
>>384659996
Because MAC OS is the official OS of people that hate fun. Enjoy your video editing software.
>>
>>384660127
Bungie started their company making games on Mac.
>>
>>384660127
>>384660217
>Mac OS
Didn't Bungie used to fuck up peoples hard drives on Mac?
>>
>>384660217
That was back before Steve Jobs declared war on video games after Microsoft made him look like a dummy for making Halo part of an Apple keynote.
>>
>>384612893
Well I COULD tell you about my opinion on Destiny 2...
>>
>>384635523
dead

even the average pc gamer wouldn't play this over all the other available alternatives
game's definitely not meant for pc and the second-class citizen treatment aren't helping
>>
>>384662370
The only things that comes to mind as an even remotely comparable alternatives would be Warframe and the Division, and those games are both complete irredeemable shit. Division was just awful all around and was DoA on PC thanks to rampant hacking, Warframe has okay gameplay but is the biggest F2P grindfest I've ever seen outside of maybe War Thunder after it hit steam.

If the PC launch is smooth Destiny 2 has a pretty good shot I think, if only because I can't think of any comparable shooters on PC that are actually any good.
>>
>>384657440
>Try to "streamline" game mechanics to draw in more casuals
>Alienate your core fanbase
>Casuals won't have the attention span nor dedication to the game &/or community to stay around for long anyway

And so the cycle continues.
>>
>>384652156
>Early TTK Sunbreakers
Played all of the classes but mained Titan Let me tell you it felt right to utterly break the crucible over my knee. Titans had their day in the sun because for that brief moment, they were the fucking sun...
>>
give me a code reeee
>>
>>384663343
Fun times, one little sound and suddenly everyone was scattering across the map. Blatantly OP as Sunbreaker was though, that was the period where crucible overall was the most balanced. It was all downhill from there, the pulse rifle nerfs started an unending cascade of garbage patches that kept making things worse and worse.
>>
Summary of complaints about the D2 beta for anyone new to Destiny and not understanding how it relates to the game.

1. Character abilities which are usually "press-1-button-things-die" now recharge much slower than in the previous game, at least without the benefit of equipment that reduces the cooldown. These include grenades and super modes, all of which are on a timer.

2. Weapon autoaim is not as strong as before. Autoaim strength is something that is actually taken into account in the balance of Destiny 1's weapons and their optional attachments. Probably a complete moot point when the PC version hits though.

3. Power weapons which often allow a player to OHKO another player or AI enemies are now less available, only being equippable in a single weapon slot (out of three) and with less common ammo drops. Players now generally rely on having to shoot enemies a few more times (over just once) with their generic assault rifle or hand cannon and such.

4. Time to kill in PvP is higher in general, and also by extension PvE because of point #3. I've only recently learned that Destiny players have a very special snowflake term for teams of players shooting at the same opponent to kill him/her: "Team Shooting". They seriously have an autistic term for the most bog standard fight scenario in any team based game and are complaining that it now happens too often in multiplayer matches.

The vast majority of complaints are basically asking why is the game less casual and why doesn't it play itself enough. The above traits considered by some to be Destiny's heart and soul for some reason and they are mad that D2 is changing the above points.
>>
>>384657613
You didn't even need a code you stupid fuck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D-FeoIf71o
>>
>>384665020
The term "Team Shooting" was used in ye old Halo days, possibly originates farther back than that but I'm not sure. Also, the main contention with the changes to abilities is that it feels like a bit of an over-correction. The abilities both take longer to recharge, and are also weaker than they were in Destiny 1.
>>
Was the Rise of Iron raid in the last expansion for D1 any good? Still haven't played it.
>>
>>384665423
If you liked Taken King at all it is more of the same, but a little less content in exchange for being $10 less. It is pretty clear that it was throw together last minute because Destiny 2 got delayed. The Raid at least turned out really good.
>>
>>384665268
I also think that the abilities should recharge somewhat faster from what I've seen in the Beta streams. The over reaction to abilities being slower and weaker are what gets me; there are people complaining that the game requires you to shoot man with guns some of the time. Like their concept of good unique gameplay is to suicidally run in and toss a homing grenade every now and then. What the fuck.

However this was the first time I had ever heard of the term being used. It sounds like an English Second Language term, while everyone else in the gaming industry don't really have a word for it because teamwork is simply normal expected behavior in any game mode with teams of players. At most we would refer to the result of such teamwork as "assists".
>>
File: kekred.jpg (114KB, 858x960px) Image search: [Google]
kekred.jpg
114KB, 858x960px
>>384665020
>D2
>less casual
>>
>>384665556
Guess I'll just run and finish it once just to have seen it.

I was hoping at least some vanity stuff would cross over to Destiny 2, but no.
>>
File: 1498464419609.png (99KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
1498464419609.png
99KB, 500x469px
>All these posts explaining how the gameplay is fucked and gunplay is as well.

What a shame.
>>
>>384662370
Destiny 2 is going to be fucking massive on PC, there is nothing really comparable till Warframe gets its open map and further expands them. Also Warframe's accessibility and content flow is pretty all over the place.

I do think there will be a mild blowback when they all realize it comes with one raid, you have to wait 3-4 months for the DLC to get the next one, and you run out of content the moment the raid is done in one day and hard mode when it unlocks.
>>
>>384665649
Make sure you get a decent team to run it, Wrath of the Machine is pure torture if you have somebody who sucks because you can't carry people. The mechanics of the last boss specifically require everyone be able to do everything, and be able to adapt to the needed role on the fly.
>>
>>384656362
Neat. I had no idea Destiny 1 got this crazy complicated.

>all those comments hating on it
>>
>>384665592
I do have zero sympathy for the sort of people in D1 who are running dual sticky grenades and throwing a fit over the loss of their easy instant kill in D2, but everything was weakened across the board not just the really powerful stuff. Grenades that once had good utility for things like area denial and map control are basically worthless now, because their damage and duration has been gutted to the point where you might as well not bother, and chances are you won't have a grenade when one would be useful anyway because of the recharge times.

Super abilities are also much easier to shut down than they were in Destiny 1, but you can only get one super in a match and it shows up right at the end when it basically has no impact on the game at all. Everyone just pops them at once to use them before the match ends, causing ~30 seconds of pure chaos right as a game is closing up. I wouldn't mind just having one super every match, but it should show up somewhere in the middle not the end.
>>
>>384622450
If shoulder charge still one shot people there would be no end to the bitching. All melee abilities given in the beta are weak as shit. THey do need a damage buff, but nowhere near destiny levels of 2 hits or a handcannon shot and punch. The real crime here is the titan's loss of skating, and giving the solarlock the air dodge of the Titan exotic armor.
>>
>>384625836
More like buffing it after the horrible nerfs the solar warlocks suffered and never recovered
>>
>>384666150
It only ever got cryptic like this on a few occasions, and Outbreak Prime was by far the most cryptic and complicated thing. The other two comparable things would be Black Spindle and Sleeper Simulant. Well Black Spindle wasn't very cryptic outside of triggering the event, but it was pretty much the most difficult PVE encounter in the game to complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99K9f7rDPQI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsshuBH9U18
>>
>>384666804
Only in PVP, in PVE those changes were a huge buff. Viking Funeral Fusion grenade spam is the most powerful boss DPS technique in the game all on its own, but it also boosts everyone else's damage too.
>>
>>384666485
I wonder how it would work out if Supers were basically charged right from the start of the match and you have to think when's a good time to use it. If there was some mechanic to allow a player to increase his recharge fast enough so that he can use it a second time in a match at some kind of risk to himself, I would be fine with that too.

Maybe a zone on objective maps which is set away from the actual objectives? If you stand in the zone your super recharges faster, however you are basically getting nothing done in terms of objectives and the location provides little map control. Normal gunfights will then occur with opposing players who want to fastcharge their supers as well.
>>
>>384631116
the mobility,armor, and recovery nodes are now tied to armor, which means 2 less nodes. the other lost node is the super perks, which is fne seeing as how all the super were changed up quite a bit. The preset builds are the other perks, more or less having you spec into a specific role of your subclass.

As for the guns, thats a wait see
>>
>>384667017
Having one super right at the start of the match would be an interesting way to handle it. One idea I've always had is having orbs of light spawn in set locations at certain times, adding another element of map control in. The reworked power ammo system put a big emphasis on that already, but having orbs that spawn in just one location would encourage more fights over them.
>>
>>384618287
the enemies in pve are far from damage sponges though. Special weapons are now grouped with heavy, and the second primary is meant to replace thay for the burns im guessing. Without knowing much about the weapon mod system, there isn't much to go on about how pve content will play out
>>
>>384667323
They enemies in the strike feel pretty spongy, but we are 10 Light under the recommended for the content so that is contributing a lot to that. The purple ammo bricks also seem bugged, none ever drop during the strike 99% of the time.
>>
>>384634397
there was that thing about time splitters 4 not getting a publisher due to the fact marketers could not figure out how to market the game with the character that were in it.
>>
>>384667715
That was just a lame excuse, the real reason TS4 never happened was because nobody wanted to touch Free Radical with a 10 foot pole after the giant flop that was Haze.
>>
>>384612893
Should i order this game on pc or ps4?
I'm having doubts it will actually run on my pc.
>pc specs
>Processor: Amd fx-8320 8 core
>Graphicscard: Amd R7 200 series
>8 Gb ram
>>
>>384668098
That PC is a literal shitbox, but who knows. See how the beta runs.
>>
>>384667518
I shall correct myself, the double axe guys have way to much health. All the rest, even the high tiers, are easy enough. The lack of ammo drops in general is bad though. I feel that the pve content should take longer though, at least at first, as being able to complete the strike in less than 10 minutes would sour the experience somewhat, and people would grind out the best gear to take into to crucible, and then the whole grasp of malok fiasco will happen again
>>
>>384668384
>Those people who streamed their weekend long non-stop farming sessions while Omnigul was the Nightfall, trying to get good Grasps
Thread posts: 417
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.