[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does it feel to know that you will never get to play Half-Life 3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

How does it feel to know that you will never get to play Half-Life 3?
>>
File: hl3_gaben.jpg (64KB, 1137x222px) Image search: [Google]
hl3_gaben.jpg
64KB, 1137x222px
/thread
>>
Don't really care anymore. If it comes out and is good, great. If it comes out and is shit, too bad. If it never comes, whatever.
>>
File: 1475941832093.gif (4MB, 414x287px) Image search: [Google]
1475941832093.gif
4MB, 414x287px
Feels pretty damn bad, knowing Vavle won't make any sp games is even worse
>>
>>384610205
>Is there a chance you'll make a game?
>Sure why not
HL3 confirmed.
>>
it's been 10 years
I wish things had been different, but I'm not grieving anymore.
>>
Good. It's better that we wish what could have been instead of getting something that can't possibly live up to that.
>>
>>384610104
Complete indifference. Half Life 2 was disappointing by itself, so taking that into account what hope is there for HL3 in this shitty era
>>
Skyrim will be released in 2063 before HL3 is released...
>>
File: gaben_spgames1.jpg (145KB, 1271x440px) Image search: [Google]
gaben_spgames1.jpg
145KB, 1271x440px
>>384610359
wrong altho u should still hang yourself for being so dumb
>>
>>384610104
Honestly not nearly as bad as the feeling that I'll never play proper Metal Gear Solid V. I got burned the most on that one, and despite understanding that even if things didn't go south between Kojima and Konami and they kept pouring money until completion the game would still be flawed in its core due to dumb decisions like main plot twist, lack of voice acting, lack of cutscenes, lack of memorable bosses, etc.
>>
File: 1496293957965.jpg (19KB, 403x389px) Image search: [Google]
1496293957965.jpg
19KB, 403x389px
>wanting another half life after they made a sequel that removes all the cool weapons and aliens from the first game and turns the story into dystopian alien dictatorship liberation where the "aliens" you fight are just augmented humans and the final boss is also a human with new forced story and scripted sequences involving literal whos with no personality or background apart from "haha gordon remember me from black mesa i was generic science man/security guard!!"
>>
>>384610104
Fine got over it. Its not like most of the people here knows the frustration after hearing the "no episode 3" announcement. Or waiting year by year after 07 and that fucking April fools joke.

If its ever gonna come out, it better be fucking amazing. Its not easy to please today's jaded fucks.
>>
But I have Freeman's Mind, and Freeman's Mind 2 is coming out.
>>
File: 1492104259703.jpg (63KB, 650x603px) Image search: [Google]
1492104259703.jpg
63KB, 650x603px
guess it wasn't worth the weight
>>
I don't care about hl3 anymore. It's going to be as shit as mgsv
>>
>>384610812
Can the "Half life 2 was bad" meme please end already?

I know it's an easy way for people born after 1995 to fit in, but it's getting a bit tedious at this point.
>>
I stopped caring around CSGO announcement.
I couldn't comprehend the fact there's yet another CS game on Source, when CSS and 1.6 were the most played game anyways.
>>
>>384610104

The only disappointment I feel is that I won't get to see the absolute avalanche of shitposting Half-Life 3 would cause. After HL2 there's no reason to believe that HL3 would have been any good.
>>
>>384610104
It stings. But I made my peace with it.
>>
>>384612389
Can the "Half Life 2" was good meme please end already?

I know it's an easy way for people who have never played the original to seem like they have good taste in video games, but it's getting a bit tedious at this point.
>>
Honestly, what would be the point now? There's no way the staff that made up the teams of HL1 or 2.are still there (we already know most of the writers are gone) so we wouldn't be getting a game made under the same mindset or culture as those. You might as well play a different series.
>>
File: Morphine administered.jpg (139KB, 604x454px) Image search: [Google]
Morphine administered.jpg
139KB, 604x454px
>>384610656
>redditor
>telling anyone to hang themselves
>>
>>384610104
I stopped caring long ago, even if it was announced tomorrow I wouldn't be excited
>>
>>384610812
According to Marc Laidlaw, each numbered Half Life was supposed to be radically different than the previous like that, so Half Life 3 probably be as different as HL1 and HL2 were.
>>
Forget about Freeman.
>>
>>384616443
This, and also why I wished we got Episode Three instead of this Half-Life 3 nonsense. There's going to be no good way to do a proper Half-Life 3 after that Episode Two cliffhanger.
>>
>>384610104
I stopped caring about the HL series when portal 2 came out before anything else HL related did.

It's finished as a series. Valve doesn't make games.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.