[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /v/ think of dark cloud?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

what does /v/ think of dark cloud?
>>
>>384606356
I had problems in the forest when I was young. A few times the owl wouldnt accept any of the keys to end the level and I had to redo it.
>>
My name on OldSchool RuneScape is "Toan"
>>
>>384606530
i never had that problem but i did have a problem when trying to stop playing cuz i couldnt
>>
Thought I liked 1 more than 2 but now I don't like either.
>>
>>384606356
I liked the dark ceremony scene
Town building was neat
>>
>>384606356

One of my childhood favorites
>>
I played 2 first and loved it.

I played 1 after and boy did it feel like a real piece of shit compared to 2.
>>
Too many characters to level meaning you're constantly spread thin on upgrade materials and exp. Forced character sections mean that if you've been neglecting any one character then you're fucked. Weapon breaking forces you to go back and grind up shit weapons for hours since you lose the one that breaks. A FUCKING THIRST METER IN A NON-SURVIVAL GAME WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

Luckily all the stupid bullshit gets fixed in the sequel.
>>
>>384606356
Loved it.
Bring it back.
>>
it's great. atmosphere good, gameplay's fun, story's alright, characters are cool and the georama system is really nice. oh also weapon leveling, that shit's goood. second one is also really good so play that too
>>
>>384608418
imagine being this bad at video games
>>
>>384608418
>forced character sections

i don't remember this, what are you talking about?
>>
>>384608629

Probably some guy who plays nothing but the latest flavour of the month and tried some "old games he saw on /v/" and got booty-blasted.
>>
>>384608418
>>384608657
nevermind just read your whole post
you actually let your weapons break lmao
>>
>>384608418
>forced character sections
Bombs are the answer
>>
I found out about the dupe glitch and it was never the same.

That said I never really loved the game as much as I think I wanted to. weapon crafting and upgrading was an absolute chore and a boring mess with how many levels later on punish you for killing enemies with "weapon loses exp and downgrades for every enemy killed" shit. Early on it's the worst though, when you barely have 4 weapons that spawn throughout the entire first dungeon, and have to fight the boss that has like 800 god damned health and your weapons do like 2 or 3 a hit so you're almost guaranteed to lose a weapon on it.
>>
>>384608657
Some levels force you into playing a character and won't let you swap
But you can just skip straight to the exit since there's never anything worth looting on them so it's basically a non issue
>>
>>384608657
There are certain levels on the map that force you to play as only one of the characters. You're not allowed to switch out so dying just sends you back to the level select.

>>384608741
You make a lot of assumptions. I never said I let my weapons break.

I can still point out when the consequences don't mesh well with the game design. Is it a good punishment to force the player to grind for hours if they ran out of repair powder? No, it isn't.
>>
>>384606356
Too fucking clunky. The game really shows its 'age'.
>>
I remember not liking the 1st one at all. But the 2nd one was pretty good and fun
>>
>>384609238
you've got cheap repair powders at every single shop in the game
you've got escape powders if you ever somehow run out of repair powder
you've got auto repair powder in every shop except the first one so even not paying attention to your whp isn't a valid excuse

You're getting punished for ignoring all the tools the game practically hands out to you
Sounds pretty fair punishment to me
>>
>>384609050
>>384609238
oh yeah those levels. far as i remember you only need to clear them once and then you can replay them with any character.
also if you complain about weapon breaking it's safe to assume it's something that's happened to you. anyway you can buy repair powders and reload the game whenever you lose a good weapon so what's the issue? hell if it really bothers you, you can go the extra mile and dupe glitch your best weapon to have as a back-up
>>
>>384609620

doesnt the mayor in the first house give you infinte free repair powder? i dont understand how someone can run out
>>
>>384609754
He only gives you some until you find the shop in the dungeon
>>
File: DarkCloud.png (856KB, 816x698px) Image search: [Google]
DarkCloud.png
856KB, 816x698px
I liked them when I was younger, but when I tried to replay 2 last year I just found myself bored and stopped a few hours after the second dungeon.

Also best girl.
>>
>>384606356
One of my favorite games of all time.

Depressed they never made a third, or a remake.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.