[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

File: Doom_Cover.jpg (65KB, 260x370px) Image search: [Google]
Doom_Cover.jpg
65KB, 260x370px
What went wrong
>>
the multiplayer
>>
Limited level editor was nothing compared to the older modding scene, which even made mods inspired bu the game that same limited level editor was made for.
>>
Dumb asses in the community and in the developers studio have a very narrow definition of what Doom is supposed to be (HUR HUR DEMONS AND SHOTGUNS HUR HUR) without understanding that Doom is comprised of multiple things.

So instead of getting a fucken sweet apocalyptic Hell on Earth scenario FPS that could have played like Wolfenstein The New Order but before that, we got RUN FAST SHOOT FAST GLORY KILL RIP AND TEAR with no replay value, no interesting mechanics, and a hollow personality.

Yeah yeah, "Doom guy hates the plot of Doom!" except for the fact that you have to sit through all these sequences. Hell is boring, The weapons feel anemic. Glory kills are cool but gimmicky.

We could have had something really cool guys ;_;
>>
>>384605453
idk i liked it
>>
>>384605453
Yeah I'm not sure I agree at all.

I think it's a worthy game and better than Walf TNO, even though that game was also fun
>>
>>384605107
Nothing really.

I think it was much better than anyone could have expected Doom 4 to be.

The only things that could have been better are the amount of enemies on screen at any time (there are very few), reliance on closed arenas and respawning enemies for challenge, as opposed to clever level design and carefully crafted tricky situations, universal ammo through enemy killing (this is pretty bad, since it kill the rarity of the weapons and makes all weapons to seem to be designed to be similarly powered, which IMO shouldnt be necessarily)

Either way, still pretty good, and so was Wolfenstein
>>
>>384605107
>Quake with a DOOM mask
>overpowered weapons made other weapons practically useless late game
>underwhelming mission editor
>wasted time and effort for a tacked on multiplayer that should've been put towards making a longer campaign

I honestly can't think of any other problems though.
>>
The install size.
>>
>>384606209
this and too short.
>>
File: 1352054055894.jpg (170KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1352054055894.jpg
170KB, 500x500px
>mfw they didn't add co-op when they really should have done.
>All the underage b&s saying "DOOM never had co-op, why would this one lol?"
>>
>>384605107
This:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLcRNu6huHM
and that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFJrrpXEAEM
>>
Also, its version of hell was kind of weak.
>>
>>384607214
Jesus christ this is pretty fucking autistic and I don't even like nu-doom.
>>
>>384607430
PC GAMERS RELY ON QUICKSAVE LMAO
>>
>>384605183
I actually enjoyed the multiplayer a lot. It wasn't fantastic or revolutionary but I enjoyed something different than the military shooters or battle royal that are popular right now.
>>
>>384605453
>So instead of getting a fucken sweet apocalyptic Hell on Earth scenario
This scenario has been covered TWICE. You're literally asking them to fucking rehash the plot points of the first two games. You'd have fucking bitched if they did that too.
>>
>>384605107
Cinematic "glory kills" as an essential gameplay mechanic
>>
>>384605107
Multiplayer feels like bad halo, no interest in playing more than once.

Was entertaining for the $20 I paid for it though and I'll be doing the same for Doom 2.
>>
>>384607930
>Essential
>They're borderline unusable on Hard and Nightmare because you're stuck in place
>>
>68GB
>majority of it is a shit multiplayer experience
>>
>>384605107
>glory kills
>arenas
>we want the brutal doom audience bullshit
>MUH LORE
>>
>>384605453
>this whole post
>>
>>384605107

you had bad taste
>>
40 dollar season pass

40 doller season pass for multiplayer only shit
>>
>>384608090
D44M takes inspiration from the DOOM comic /v/ wanked over for over a decade, that was until D44M was released and suddenly HURR THAT COMIC WAS GAY
>>
>>384607842

The fuck are you talking about twice? Doom 2's levels barely resembled anything remotely resembling earth. When was the second time? I WANTED A MODERN TAKE ON HELL ON EARTH IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK ASSHOLE!!!!
>>
>>384608245
They literally just scrapped that yesterday, all the DLC is now free.
>>
>>384605107

another fucking boring techbase
>>
Modern devs are incapable of good level design
>>
>>384608254
The sequel will be called DOOM 2: Hell on Earth watch.
>>
>>384608254
You realize Doom 4 is a direct sequel to Doom 64 in which Doom Guy went into Hell and hunted demons for eternity, right? Hence the reason Doom Guy is chained in a stone sarcophagus at the start of the game, the demons couldn't kill him so they sealed him away instead.
>>
>>384605107

combat arenas instead of interesting level design
>>
Nothing, it's one of the best games of the decade.
>>
>>384608434

I'm aware of that and super fucking dont care
>>
>>384608253
People only liked that comic ironically until some subhuman shitheads thought it was serious, played brurtal doom once for 20 minutes then made nuDOOM.
>>
>>384607667
It could have been a fun party game like Halo, but there's no offline or splitscreen.
>>
>>384608329

Doesn't justify it being there to begin with, but that's good
>>
>>384608624
>People only liked that comic ironically
No.

>>384608580
Then do everybody a favor and shut the fuck up, because you clearly don't give a shit about Doom's past.
>>
>>384608810

>giving a fuck about Doom's lore

what is wrong with you
>>
>doom free weekend
>why not.jpg
>58 fucking GB
Just no
>>
>>384608810
Only children take comic books seriously and you need to be 18 to post here.
>>
>*press x to stomp demon head*

the devs saw brutal doom and thought thats how a modern doom should be. plus the demons look like aliens.
>>
>>384608680
>but there's no offline or splitscreen.
I'm so sick of new games doing this shit.
>>
>>384608908
>I want Doom to be this and this and this, who gives a shit about what's pre-established?
I bet you defended Doom 3 too.
>>
>>384609064
They even added bots, but you can't even open the multiplayer menu without an internet connection.
>>
>>384609072
Doom 3 was fun
>>
>>384608009
this is factually false. beat the game on nightmare by glory killing from enemy to enemy. not only that, but all the health it gives you trivializes the difficulty.
>>
>>384605107
nothing shitter
>>
>>384609283
Doom 3 was a literal corridor shooter, I hate you with all my soul.
>>384609340
Bullshit. On Nightmare difficulty, if anything past an Imp is alive and you Glory Kill in its LOS you will die before the animation finishes, the invincibility frames are a few milliseconds during startup and end fast.
>>
>>384609597
>what are runes
>>
>>384609597
No you want. You're invincible while performing the animation.
>>
>>384609597
Are you implying that doom was more than a literal corridor shooter you nigger?
>>
>>384610004
he is too young to realize that the only reason corridor shooters were looked down on was the endless stream of doom clones.
>>
DEMONIC PRESENCE AT UNSAFE LEVELS LOCKDOWN IN EFFECT every 2 seconds
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.