[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so when does it get good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: Excalibur_Wallpaper.jpg (261KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Excalibur_Wallpaper.jpg
261KB, 1920x1080px
so when does it get good
>>
>>384604902
It starts out good.
Then it gets grindy for no actually fun.
Maybe the open world planets will bring a bit of a spark back to the game.
Huge fucking maybe.
>>
>>384604902
Never
>>
>>384604902
After you unlock all the planets and have the ability to do sorties. This requires like 30-40 hours of using shitty guns and tedious missions.

Once you get through this and are able to constantly cycle new weapons and have necessary mods to make things work, the game will have a honeymoon period where things feel really fun and interesting - every time you log in you'll have new toys to play with, you'll get the fun autistic minmaxing stats, and the dopamine rush of doing the most damage in the group. Once you reach a certain point though, you'll basically own everything you could possibly want and then the fun dies down.

This game isn't pay to win, it's pay to skip content. The grinding IS the content. If you pay money, you're literally paying to not play the game. The game at its core is the combat, but it's done in a monster hunter style crafting system where making weapons/frames takes literal days to do. You need to constantly cycle multiple new weapons so that when you log in, you have several level 0 weapons to use. This takes time. I have 800 hours in this game and I would never recommend it to anybody because the new player experience is fucking retarded bad. You shouldn't have to spend 40 hours for a game to feel fun.
>>
>>384604902
>>384605158
do you not have friends to play the game with?
>>
>>384604902
It doesnt. Its a grinding game.
>>
>>384604902

it doesn't. if you're not constantly grinding, you're playing the game wrong. infact grinding is the whole game. it isn't meant to be fun.
>>
File: bizzaro ice cream.jpg (569KB, 915x958px) Image search: [Google]
bizzaro ice cream.jpg
569KB, 915x958px
Never

It never gets good

It was kinda okay when the beta first dropped. Buggy as all hell, but you could have fun with it. Then the updates started. And it just kept getting worse. And worse. And worse. God help me, I miss fast so much.

>you will never zoren around at the speed of sound again
>>
>>384604902
As soon as you launch the game. It gets worse once you've played it longer.
>>
>>384605569
Dragging your friends into a Skinner box does not inherently make it more enjoyable.
>>
>>384605569
Thing is, if you've got good friends who make any game more enjoyable by virtue of playing with them, why not play a better game?
>>
>>384605136
grind in an open world or grind in missions.
>>
I want a game like warframe but in a fantasy setting with elves, dwarves and shit
>>
File: 1457813049411.png (439KB, 1280x868px) Image search: [Google]
1457813049411.png
439KB, 1280x868px
>>384605136
This.
It starts out good and stays good for a while as you get new frames/weapons/mods to play around with, but sooner or later you grow tired of it.
But it's free so you lose nothing except your time by letting it run its course.
>>
>>384605678
Wow its almost like its a mmo or somthing!
>>
I can tell you, but you're gonna have to wait 72 hours for my reply.
Or just hand me $5 and i'll tell you right away.
>>
>>384604902
What r u playing on?
>>
>>384604902
its never not good

everytime I get a new weapon to grind for mastery rank it feels so fucking good. This game prob has the best weapons since even if its like a shot gun that automatic or single action it could still be one that focuses on crit or status chance or one of the three main types of physical damage. And then you can go even DEEPER with the 4 primary elements that can be combined to make those extra elements like EXPLOSION element. Just feels gud and its free.

Not to mention the pay currency (plat) can be traded with players so you can literally get everything in the game even cosmetics. Since everything has time investment tied to it pretty much everything has value.

it just feels gud. Game would be better if they made the story coherent instead of introducing ANCIENT EVIL and them killing him off 4 leveld after he is introduced. Ever "quest" line does this every single fucking time. They last like 4-6 missions in a mini self containted story and everyone gets killed off so they don't get loose ends I guess.

if you don't like grind then get out
>>
>>384608826
The story is good its just hard to peice together. The story is structured like dark souls because you learn stuff through descriptions and codex scans.
>>
>>384609336
the story is introduced in mini updates that are time exclusive and then you can never play them again so if you just started now you have to read the wiki lel
>>
>>384608608
>he didn't get lucky enough to log in for a tater alert and spend another 24 hours waiting for that to cook
>he didn't get the forma'd response with each one deleveling the response back to 0 from 30
>he doesn't have any of the mods nor credits nor endo to make the response good
>once he has the response, there's nothing left to actually do with it
>>
>>384609462
They arent time exclusive. Second dream, war within, and octavia anthem are allways going to exist. Unless you're talking about events, but even then the story significance of those are negligable
>>
File: 1328564143370.jpg (578KB, 1000x755px) Image search: [Google]
1328564143370.jpg
578KB, 1000x755px
>>384605779
>zoren nerf
It still hurts.
>>
>>384605779
Movement 2.0 is nice enough when you get used to it. If you still want to fast you can with Volt.
>>
File: UOvKwyv8Q0eX2wQYEQya6Q.png (67KB, 1288x1180px) Image search: [Google]
UOvKwyv8Q0eX2wQYEQya6Q.png
67KB, 1288x1180px
>tfw waiting 3 more hours for trade to refresh to turn my shop online

I'm about to put everything on sale if people buy in bulk because I only have 7 trades ree. I'm almost MR 8.

I'm saving up for a prisma grakata
>>
>>384610095
>tfw missed all the 60/60 shock damage mods
>have to run hive missions forever while looking for caches
>tfw missed all the good acolyte mods
>have to pony up thousands of plat for anything of value
kinda mad/10
>>
>>384610561
It'll never be true fast, though. Copter was flick and gone. This new flippy shit is slow.
>>
it gets good when you stop nolifing it and casually play it off and on in brief stints , and when you do that everytime you come back it has new content, dev stream, events, etc etc, that make it more compelling to play

the newfags coming into it expecting destiny will be sorely disappointed because destiny is trash af babbys first mmo that didnt even have automatching, and had the weakest content imaginable for any mmo ive ever seen

even the most f2p ass mmo has better gameplay and content than destiny did

its not babbys first mmo, its not going to hold your hand, and youre expected to do more than slowly plod your way through holding down trigger for 5 years while 10 million hp boss dies in 2 hours
>>
It doesn't.
>>
>>384610951
It's about the same speed when you're navigating turns and whatnot. It's not as fast for straight paths, but it's still fast enough.
>>
It doesn't. In fact it gets worse the longer you play.
>>
>>384611303
>still fast enough

I disagree. I could be going faster, but I'm not. At least there are still a couple ways to sleek fast.
>>
>>384604902
If you don't like grinding, never.

I have 1k hours in the game and I'm well aware of what I play it. If you don't like the first few hours you won't like anything it has to offer.

It's like any mmo.
>>
>>384611435
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9OUaOD4i5g

It's still pretty fast. Tried to find a good copter vs 2.0 video but in all of the comparisons they don't use bullet jumps/slides, or they are shit examples of coptering to begin with.
>>
>>384610561
>If you still want to fast you can with Volt.
enjoy slipping like a retard
>>
File: 1498175438779.jpg (280KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1498175438779.jpg
280KB, 900x900px
>>384604902
never. it is the most unpolished game i've ever played. and i played a shit ton of games.
it has some great resources. if only it wasn't lead by these toxic, incompetent fuckheads.

they just jump from bandwagon to bandwagon to get as many kids as possible into the game.

it has no endgame and basically all you can grind for is looks.
you don't even need to max out weapons/frames/mods since all you do anyway is a selected few, very easy missions over and over and over again.

pushing enemies to a very high level is a complete waste of time, hence the no need for maxed equipment. the devs stated multiple times that they don't want hard content to be rewarding.

ofcourse not, since that would mean they had to actually play the game themselfs.
>>
>>384612024
>slipping
Inertia Drifting all day every day.
>>
>>384604902
When you get devs that actually play their game. If by any chance you know that the developers do not play their game at the highest level, chances are the game is trash and so is their game design philosophy which then translates roughly into no fun for you ever.
Prove me wrong, please.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.