[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11

File: maxresdefault.jpg (166KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
166KB, 1280x720px
Who the FUCK designed this level? This is fucking diabolical!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCezb2HKdXw
>>
>>384602641
Aaand no-one else plays this game, apparently.
>>
>>384604314
I hate pipes.
>>
>>384602641
I played it. It didn't interest me but aside from Diddy Kong Racing and Wipeout, I was never much of a racing fan anway.
>>
File: ballisticng.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ballisticng.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
Why pay for this substandard Wipeout clone when you can play BallisticNG for free?
>>
File: 12316546541.jpg (54KB, 350x490px) Image search: [Google]
12316546541.jpg
54KB, 350x490px
>>384602641
at least, it looks fresh enough and not just blatant ripoff of wipeout
>>
>>384602641
looks awesome. i love this game and i plan to buy it eventually but im just worried theres no one online to race against.
>>
>>384602641
Will probably this when it comes out on PS4, is it good?
>>
>>384602641
>those floaty as fuck physics
holy shit that looks unplayable
>>
Redout or Formula Fusion?
>>
When will this fucking game be finished?!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/396900/GRIP/
>>
>>384602641
I still don't have Plat on this track. Need to give this another try.
But yeah, Redout tube physics are nowhere near as fun as F-Zero GX's. I think that may be in part because of the weak strafe in Redout so you can't maneuver as well.
Either way, they paint a glowing line in Redout that you should try to stick to. So do that.
>>
>>384607680
That's a whole lot easier said than done in this particular level.
Even if you're a better racer like this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fnJbguiSMM
well...I believe it speaks for itself.
>>
>>384607531
>a modern day Rollcage

MY FUCKING DICK HRRRRRRRRRR
>>
File: spacewalk.webm (3MB, 711x400px) Image search: [Google]
spacewalk.webm
3MB, 711x400px
>>384606707
1) it has actual graphics
2) it has actual speed
3) it has actual physics that weren't made to run on just a playstation 1
4) it has underwater levels, low gravity levels, space levels, tube levels OP was complaining about,
5) it actually has verticality that you need to pay attention to
>>
>>384608091
Yeah, Wipeout and F-Zerowhatever are so freaking slow in comparison it's not even funny. I can't think of another games that conveys such an incredible feeling of speed as Redout.
>>
>>384608007
That's actually really impressive. He found the shortest route through that track despite getting yanked around by the track.
But yeah, as I said, this track is pretty weird.
Last update they actually included a cup that includes this track along with two others saying they were meant to mess with your perception.
As I said, I haven't gotten really good on that track either yet. I can't consistently get gold on time trials there either and I haven't managed platinum once there. I have a lot of plats already, including welcome trial.
Spinning Pipe and pure time trial on Trench are currently messing with me the most.
>>
File: redout_concept_art_volcano.jpg (987KB, 3840x1874px) Image search: [Google]
redout_concept_art_volcano.jpg
987KB, 3840x1874px
>>384606867
There's a lot of singleplayer career events with several different modes to keep things fresh. Also with all the DLC, which I think will be included in the console releases, it has a whole lot of tracks now.
There is online leaderboards if you need a challenge and there's splitscreen if you actually have a friend who is into it too.
Outside of that, I think they also have a discord or steam group or something you could hook up for online races if you're that bothered to race against players directly.

>>384608430
I love F-Zero GX to death, but at some point, even a literally 10/10 perfect game gets old. I know the tracks of GX in and out and it's still a fucking gamecube game. It looks fantastic for its age, but every now and then I need something that didn't release over 10 fucking years ago. I'm glad some futuristic racers are coming out again these days.
Too bad Wipeout is PS4 exclusive, I'd love to play Omega collection.
>>
>>384608597
I'm currently stuck on not dying on that track.
>>
>>384602641
?

it looks like you just press gas and rape your eyes. A lot of the parts where you could fall off has guard rails and the rest your in a tube where it doesn't matter where you go. As long as you just follow the two yelllow lines you are safe. I don't get this game like is it even a game or is this tell tales new project?
>>
File: course_correction.webm (3MB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
course_correction.webm
3MB, 1067x600px
>>384609883
If you have trouble with turns between and after the pipes or can't align properly at the end of a tube, maybe give Magnetic Stabilizer passive powerup a shot. That might help you. Unless this is a pure event, then you're fucked. Then you could still try out different ships. Or you just keep grinding against it until you git gud. That's always a possibility.

>>384610136
This might blow your mind, but hitting the walls damages you and slows you down. Also turning in general is tricky in this game because your craft actually has real momentum applied to it in several directions, which you need to counteract with steering, strafing and boost. This is especially tricky in these pipe segments (which are only featured on a few tracks like this one, which is why OP was complaining about it in the first place.)
>>
>>384610527
Yeah, grinding seems to be the best option right now. I tried with the active powerup that gives you grip, but the tubes keep fucking me over.
Also, I somehow completely missed that there's a default turbo that's not tied to the powerup.
>>
File: 1498909719751.gif (1MB, 350x270px) Image search: [Google]
1498909719751.gif
1MB, 350x270px
>>384608430
Not racing but Strike Vector got Steam release yesterday, it's pretty fast too.
>>
>a redout thread on /v/

there is a god
>>
So while I'm grinding away...favourite tracks/least favourite tracks?
Before this one, the Vexel courses have been the most frustrating.
>>
File: surface_jump.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
surface_jump.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>384611083
You do know how to take turns though at this point?
Strafing/sliding to the outside and only strafing to the inside in the middle of the turn?
This isn't F-Zero where you just strafe to the inside the entire time. You basically need to align your thrusters with the turn so they push you out of it. Boosting also helps there once you're halfway through.
Another way of looking at it I found was to always try to be exactly parallel to the blue arrows and the wall and strafe exactly 90 degrees away from them.

>>384612678
>favourite tracks
Probably Red Giant >>384610527
I also love to hate Surface Sprint. Its an absolute bitch that track and it can get you killed easily, but I still like how tricky it is.
And Vertigo while generally being a very tricky track is great because of the really cool up and down rollercoaster segment.
Underwater Speedway or whatever that other Neptune track was called is pretty good to just go fast and relax.
>least favourite tracks
Probably Trench, it has a few really shitty turns and a pipe segment.
Spinning Pipe is also pretty shit as was discussed at length here.
And I remember when the game came out I was stuck on the first Abbruzzo race with a pipe.

Pipe segments are kind of shit. At least on Mars they are actually a bit fun. But then they are mostly inverted there.
>>
>>384613956
>Underwater Speedway
Hydro Thunder, sorry.
>>
Is there a good variety of ships/racers in this game? Any customisability?
>>
>>384602641
This game is getting the Xbox One X treatment. Going to wait and see how it is before picking it up
>>
>>384608091
>5) it actually has verticality that you need to pay attention to
laughingwhores.png
>>
>>384610527
>but hitting the walls damages you and slows you down.
you shouldn't talk about a game if you are shit and know nothing about it
redout meta involves precise ship bouncing off walls, taking turns "perfectly" like most actually good players are used to is actually slower than learning how to wallbounce
the fact that you don't know this means you are most likely a shitter and should stop talking
>>
>>384615683
It does. If you don't pay attention to where your nose is pointing, you'll end up grinding on the floor and losing speed/health.
>>384614925
Yes.
>>
>>384615993
>pitch up when the track goes upward
>pitch down when the track goes downward
>this to you is verticality "you need to pay attention to"
I can tell you are probably some shit pinballer in wipeout considering you don't understand what actual skill in pitching means
>>
>>384615917
For shallow curves maybe.
>>
>>384616181
how else would verticality matter in a racing game?
>>
>>384616181
Do enlighten me.
>>
File: 1491100207427.png (229KB, 500x643px) Image search: [Google]
1491100207427.png
229KB, 500x643px
>>384607531
shouldnt be "long" it has a solid base, community and the developers are commited.
Late 2017/early 2018 maybe?
>>
>>384616291
>>384616295

proper bouncing, controlling your height on jumps, landing correctly after jumps and when it comes to post ps1-wipeout, getting height for barrel rolls which as you probably don't know has an enormous skill ceiling
learning to pitch was such a big thing in ps1 wipeout that anyone worth their salt owned a negcon just because of the ability to isolate your pitch control from your steering
>>384616182
you are literally wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6lJLXb7KNk
notice how the shallow curves he tries to take lightly, it's the tighter curves at high speeds he wallbounces to lose as little speed as possible

I'm not trying to shit on redout or anything, I don't think it has too great of a skill ceiling of the games before it but it's really fun and definitely has it's own competitive scene, just can't stand people that don't know shit
>>
By the way, been playing with keyboard so far, does a gamepad really work better?
>>
File: what.jpg (14KB, 304x116px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
14KB, 304x116px
>>384611858
yesterday? Bruh I've had this for 3 years
>>
>>384617238
maybe he meant that ps4 version?
god I wish this game was alive.
>>
>>384608430
>faster than fzero gx

someone never learned how to snake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN3qj5IvvIY
>>
>>384615917
>the fact that you don't know this means you are most likely a shitter and should stop talking
Got me to top 10-20 on some tracks and plat on most of the tracks you can get plat on. But I never claimed I was god of this game anyway so I don't know why you're jumping down my throat now.
In fact, I replied to an Anon claiming you just hold forward and let the game do whatever until you hit the finish line. I think we can both agree that that will get you killed in this game.
Hitting the wall does damage you and slow you down in absolutely most circumstances if you aren't hitting the wall at the precise angle neccessary to bounce.
The question whether you should turn correctly vs wallbouncing had nothing to do with this and didn't even come up.
So I don't really konw why the fuck you're attacking me right now.
>>
>>384616853
I'm using Gamepad, but then I'm playing with F-Zero controls, so maybe someone else should answer that.
Keyboard controls seem a bit weird, but workable last time I tried them. I guess you do lose some of that analogue precission though.
>>
>>384617554
>So I don't really konw why the fuck you're attacking me right now.
mostly because I'm an asshole
other anon you replied to is most definitely wrong but on the other hand he is most obviously a shitposter so I don't see why you would even try
I just saw something that was obviously wrong, perhaps I was too quick to the throat but hey
>>
>>384617238
they've been working on a relaunch of the game. owners of the old version get 50% off.
adds shit like a single player campaign and bots to the MP so it isn't a ghost town.
>>
>>384618081
Huh. Well you were ultimately right in that I didn't know that that was optimal for a lot of sharp turns. In fact, I used wallbouncing deliberately for the first time right now and after a few tries, I finally got platinum on that fucking pure trench time trial that bothered me so much. So thanks for that, I guess.
Though ultimately looking back right now, I'd say that you can go very far in this game without utilising it and it's arguably more fun that way.
Hell, it's not even difficult. You just need to know that this is a thing at all.
>>
>>384618081
Assuming you mean me who said the thing about shallow curves: Or maybe I just don't know? English isn't my first language either, so I'm still not sure what it means.

Also goddamn I hate this fucking spin pipe, I always end up completely loosing my sense of direction, end up spiralling around and out of the track.
>>
>>384602641
Just line your ship up to the center line with the strafe. Git gud.
>>
>>384619843
>I always end up completely loosing my sense of direction, end up spiralling around and out of the track.
You really need to strafe towards the bright lines to keep your sense of direction and to stay on the track when the tube ends. Fight the tube with your strafe if it wants to throw you around.
Also steer along with the tube so you don't hit a turn and tumble around.
>>
>>384607029
On PC it is. It doesn't come out on PS4 for another month so who knows how good of a port it will be.
>>
>>384607414
Redout. EASILY.
>>
>>384621114
Well they took a bajillion years for the port, so that better be fucking good by now.
>>
>>384612678
Favorite - Asteroids
Least Favorite - Shallow Waters
>>
>>384614925
There's a total of 7 ship teams and they each feel distinct. (Yes, there's lore)
>>
>>384619487
>Though ultimately looking back right now, I'd say that you can go very far in this game without utilising it and it's arguably more fun that way.
Hell, it's not even difficult. You just need to know that this is a thing at all.
It's one of the main reasons I never took the game seriously compared to other ag-racers
that plus I was busy at the time consistently taking Ballisticng records
I don't hate the mechanic, I at least appreciate it's different and intentional unlike all the bugs and exploits of f-zero gx, I'm just not a personal fan of how it plays
>>
Thoughts?
http://steamcommunity.com/app/517710/discussions/0/1457328819912005848/
>>
>>384619843
what, as a shitposter? No I was talking about >>384610136
>>
>>384621062
I don't know how I managed, but I finally at least made a bronze medal. Fuck this level though, never again.
>>
I love this game, but I have a big problem with telling the maps in a set apart from each other.

I can recognize Unmanned right away because it's obnoxious and the one or two of the Volcano maps for their early jumps, but that's about it. I would improve a lot faster if each map in a set was a little more unique in its track template.
>>
>>384622334
Oh, right.
>>
>>384622272
Managing boost to alter your handling is a key factor in any good and truly fast racing game.
>>
>>384622436
I feel ya. It would also help if half of the tracks name were easier to pronounce.
>>
So are the developers going to correct physics exploits and track skipping, or is this going to be f-zero gx 2.0?
>>
>>384622729
Are you being serious?
>>
>>384622892
Fuck no, nigga.
>>
>>384622881
they've already corrected a more advanced and broken version of wallbouncing that was easier to do, and some skips on older vanilla tracks have already been patched. Whether they keep the new skips really depeneds.
>>
>>384602641
Looks like a floaty version of Tube Slider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UnmErcbFeQ
>>
>>384623463
>>384607285
>complaining about floatyness in an Anti-Grav racing game
>>
>>384602641
I wish this game was an F-Zero clone instead of a Wipeout clone

I tried the demo and was instantly put off of the "hovering bus full of helium" controls.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.