[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Of Kongs and Countries: DKC Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

I love the Donkey Kong Country trilogy on SNES, it's my top 3 games on that console unironically, and I also love Retro's Returns games but there are some aspects I don't like and I'd like to have a Donkey Kong Country thread to know wht you know.

One of the biggest aspects of DKC, to me, are the Animal Buddies. The Returns games only really feature Rambi, with Sqwawks as a glorified item, while I feel the under-rated, under-sold Donkey Kong Jungle Beat follows the Country spirit more closely. It has a bunch of new animal buddies, the New Play Control added back the barrel canons, and you can only take 2 hits (this is due lack of Diddy). Not only that, but visually speaking, Jungle Beat looks like a Rare-type game, thanks to it still following Rareware's DKC art direction. JB gameplay also feels TIGHT like the SNES games.

Retro's DKC allows plenty of damage (although mostly justified because that level design is absolutely sadistic), did away with the Tag system (my biggest petpeeve) and the style doesn't take after Retro's games but rather, after PAON's redesigns. As for gameplay, Returns feels.. bouncy. You can even bounce off walls. What do you think? Should the next Returns allow for a tag-partner system or do you preffer Retro's gameplay? Should animal buddies return?

HE
>>
stfu nubkal
>>
I think (spoiler)muh blog
>>
>>384596703
Who?
>>384596723
This isn't a "muh blog", just wanting to know what anons think of the Retro games compared to Rare's games and the oddball in the middle being Jungle Beat
>>
>People rather discuss e-celebs and politics over actual games and game mechanics
Fuck you guys.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.