[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people are already defending this you cant be fucking serious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: file.png (737KB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
737KB, 850x478px
>people are already defending this
you cant be fucking serious
>>
I'm being serious here, as someone looking from the outside of all this console war faggotry, what the fuck was Nintendo thinking with this?

Other gaming consoles
>plug your headphone jack into the controller, you're done

Switch
>download the phone app, get the adapter, have your phone on so it'll drain your battery and mount your phone on your controller just to use voice chat

What is this shit? Why is Nintendo so worried about being "unique" than being functional?
>>
File: 1494516796733.png (95KB, 1797x768px) Image search: [Google]
1494516796733.png
95KB, 1797x768px
>>
>>384595171
What's wrong with this?
>>
>>384595171
>people are already defending this

Do you think people will change discord or skype for this?
>>
>>384595171
I find this thing really iffy. But it's not like Nintendo hasn't made garbage peripherals before.

Won't buy one and will mute (please be an option) everyone, that's for sure. I like not having to listen to other people.
>>
File: nickel&dime.jpg (371KB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
nickel&dime.jpg
371KB, 850x478px
>>384595637
It should all be built in.
Remember its a business about taking hard earned cash not giving out easy fun.
>>
>>384595459
Switch
>plug headphones into phone, use discord.

You are making this more complicated than it beeds to be
>>
>>384595459
>plug your headphone jack into the controller, you're done
guess what ?
Nintendo switch can also do this, but they still don't add an app
>>
>>384596128
why?
>>
>using voice chat in Nintendo games

for what purpose? not defending their shoddy implementation, but I doubt most people on /v/ care
>>
>>384596137
Okay Discord is cool and all, I use it on PC. But on console, I'd rather use just ONE device to do everything. Like you know, if I want to invite my friend to join me, I can do it with the console.

Oh and That absolutely doesn't solve any problem in the end. How do I hear the sound of the game if my headphone is plug into my phone ??
>>
>how do I hear the sound of the game
Unless your tv doesn't support audio logically speaking it would come from your tv or speakers
>>
>>384596137
>Haha PCfags, just buy a console, plug and play, no stupid setup or installation or external peripherials
>Haha, just plug your phone, install an external app and don-t have an option to communicate with people on your team but only with premade friends
>>
>>384596896
>don't have an option to communicate with people on your team
Are you not playing with your friends? Isn't that the whole reason for VC?
>>
>>384596836
You don't make any sense. How am I supposed to hear the sound of my TV, if my hears are arlready plugged with headphones to hear the sound of the voicechat ? Put the volume to the max ? Yeah, nice everymate will hear my TV better than me, great.
>>
>>384595171
I'm not defending it so much as I just don't care since I will never use voice chat in any game ever.
>>
>>384597139
How bad are your ears of you can't hear the game when you have headphones in?
I've been doing this for the WiiU and even with my game volume on low I can hear it and the people I'm chatting with
>>
File: 1499367536798.jpg (21KB, 301x275px) Image search: [Google]
1499367536798.jpg
21KB, 301x275px
>>384595624
>using headphones with a TV
just use speakers lmao
>>
>>384597473

Are you using cheap headphones or something? Most headphones have audio isolation, meaning you will only hear what's coming from the headphones.
>>
Nintendo should only add an app to the switch
Why don't they do it ?
>>
>>384597603
No I'm using normal ear buds because I actually prefer to hear what's going on in my surroundings.
There is no reason to block outside sound unless you are listening to music
>>
>>384595171
I stopped going to gamefaqs switch board because there are true autistic drones in there, I couldn't believe the shit they were saying calling people trolls and sonybros, (b-but Sony) it's ridiculous
>>
>>384597473
No I just have a pretty standard noise canceling headphones. And even with the noise canceling off, the isolation is still great (which is supposed to be a pro, not a con). And yeah if you can hear the sound of your game unless you have a really shitty mic, it means that your mates are hearing it too.

So yeah you can call me a maniac or anything, but no I don't want to defend nor justify, the need of having TWO audio output devices for hearing to ONE game.
>>
File: 1494221866195.jpg (44KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1494221866195.jpg
44KB, 500x334px
>>384595171
i bought a switch day 1 and have no intention to pay for online, but I hope they fire everyone who was responsible for this phonechat shitfest
>>
>>384597489
you have to plug a mic anyway so it's the same
>>
>>384597750
My 10$ buds block nearly all outside sound. Why would you want outside audio to leak in anyways? If you're playing vidya there's no reason to be listening to other shit.
>>
>>384595459
Nintendo is a bureaucratic mess, lead by senile old men and, behind that, exclusively bottom-line interested Yakuza. They're all running around appeasing the insane nonsensical demands of old men who don't understand any of the modern tech.
>>
>>384597650
Switch can probably barely run games as it is, let alone spare the ram for a background OS with a friends list and a party chat.
>>
>>384598486
Because not being aware of the things that's going on in your house is careless
>>
>>384598702
It's not even an excuse. The DS could do that, it was bad, but still.
>>
switch has no voice chat
it will never have voice chat
that setup is for a phone app for a phone
>>
One of the most annoying aspects is how Nintendo claims this was all done to make it more convenient and portable. I don't understand what the logic behind that in the least.

You still need the gaming headset, but now you also need to plug it into a huge splitter as well as murder your phone battery to the point where you basically need to leave it plugged in.

How does any aspect of this design make it more convenient or more portable whatsoever? I just can't wrap my head around the reasoning behind that statement.
>>
>>384598809

What do you have going on then? Are you afraid a burglar is going to break in or something? If you're cooking then you should be focusing on that, with maybe a video playing in the background, no need for headphones. If it's a pet then you should probably get a more independent animal or make it so they can't mess with shit that easily.

I can't see any reason to not have headphones that block outside noise.
>>
>>384598987
where do they claim any of that
>>
>>384599012
Or you know, kids getting into something they shouldn't or just being able to hear them so you can be a parent.
No kids then what if something happens to your spouse/roommate? Can't hear their screams of you're immersed in your vidya
>>
>>384599095
Pretty much every time Reggie talks about the voice chat app
>>
>>384599095
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/01/14/nintendo-talks-voice-chat-online-approach-for-switch

they quote it there but I forget the original source
>>
>>384599372

The only reasonable case you're making is parenthood. Otherwise it's some pretty severe paranoia.
>>
File: 1498320164222.png (233KB, 457x380px) Image search: [Google]
1498320164222.png
233KB, 457x380px
>>384596137
But you still need to use the app to play with your friends, and you can only use mics with friends. If the app closes you'll be kicked from your party after the game is over and you'll have to rejoin from the app.

YOU CANNOT JOIN A PARTY IN THE GAME. YOU MUST USE THE APP
>>
>>384599625
But you can join a party without the app
>>
>>384596128
what am i looking at here
a child's drawing?
the controller should be built in? can't you already do that?
>>
>>384598091
gaben forbid we hear more than two things at once
heresy
>>
>>384599984
I'm guessing he's counting the Bluetooth controllers as extra?
>>
>>384600080
No but logics forbid to use two audio output devices to hear one fucking game.
>>
ITS OKAY WHEN
>>
>>384599963
You can't invite people though, so you have to just hope that they see that you are playing and want people to join, assuming you have no way to contact them.
>>
>>384600694
>assuming you have no way to contact them.
Thats what the app is for dumbass
>>
>>384600694
>assuming you have no way to contact them
I think this may be a problem with demographics. Like on any other system this would be a problem since people tend to friend randoms. But with Nintendo consoles people tend to play with people they already know. Thus already have a way to contact them
>>
>>384600839
I don't want to have to fuck with my phone to play a game on another device. I should be able to do everything within the fucking Switch.
>>
>>384600839
>Switch is about portability!
>Let's add a specialty adapter and require a seperate device we do not sell!
Woah, so is the future of portable gaming!
>>
>>384602709
Neither are required
>>
>>384600572
NINTENDOOOOOO
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.