[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scamming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 370
Thread images: 66

File: Doublingmoney.png (61KB, 360x358px) Image search: [Google]
Doublingmoney.png
61KB, 360x358px
Were you ever scammed or scammed other people in a game yourself? Share your stories.
>>
>>384593205
>Play runescape as a young lad who barely understands the game
>Get sandwich lady teleported because I wasn't paying attention while grinding
>I'm taken to Varrock so I just run back over to kill more Hill Giants in the Edgeville Dungeon
>Encounter a guy on the road
>"Hey bro nice obby cape, rune boots, and dlong, can I double them for you?"
>Sure man
>He takes them and logs out
>I cry and quit
And that's how I learned to never trust anyone ever again.
>>
>>384593396
Not scammed, but since we're talking about crying

>Be young whippersnapper
>Finally manage to get enough money for rune armo(u)r
>Do dragonslayer quest, all is going fine
>Get to dragon, should be easy
>Hop in
>Forgot anti-dragon shield and get instantly roasted
>Run to mom and cry

Good times.
>>
>>384593396
Should mention that after that I wanted to get revenge on that fucker, so I spent the next week or so on a new account scamming f2p noobs for cheap shit like addy battleaxes. Never got caught and made a good mil from it all.
That fateful Sandwich Lady encounter one day caused the birth of a villain.
>>
>"Buying rune plate 100k"
>He puts up 10k
>Accept because Jagex had the bright idea that 100k should be displayed as 100000 and 10k should be 10000
I literally haven't traded since that day
>>
>>384593548
I once accidentally died grinding in Barbarian Village, that Gunther the Brave fucker was strong. I was so distraught even though I only lost two pieces of addy armor and a stack of 6k gp. I cried to jagex in their message center saying I lost a full set of addy(g) and 9k instead of 6k and that I wanted them replaced. They never replied to me lmao
>>
>>384593548
>be 10 y/o little shit
>finally built a full rune armor set through trading in grand exchange
>accidentally wander into pvp zone for a second
>"Oh better get out"
>guy walks up and literally one shots me
>lose most of my rune set
>quit game and never play again
It's been so long but this still stays in my mind today
>>
>>384594019
Bullshit. The wilderness ditch was implemented at the same time as the grand exchange which would've stopped you from randomly wandering in. And if you were in low level wilderness, there's no way a guy around your same level range could've oneshot you.
>>
closes thing was this
>warlock in early TBC, no one ever cleared T4 content on my server
>not an tailor, so I gathered the mats I needed for BoE epics, except for those bop orbs from last bosses in heroic dungeons, so I need to find a tailor that both has those orbs to spare and has the pattern for the items I need
>find one, we agree on the price, I go to Stormwind to meet him.
>I trade him the materials, he says thanks and uses his hearthstone
>I'm in disbelief I just wasted like 4 days of grinding
>he whispers me "I'm just joking" and teleports back to Stormwind and crafts me the items... I think it was an epic belt.

I was petrified for a moment there.
>>
not in game and pretty basic stuff but anyway

>sell wow account
>after ~year "steal" it back to see what's going on
>account hasn't been used in ages
>decide to keep it
>>
File: males.jpg (139KB, 700x999px) Image search: [Google]
males.jpg
139KB, 700x999px
For the past three years i've been pretending to be a girl on TF2 to get people to send me shit, and eventually I got talking to this guy and we ended up in a relationship i suppose, we skyped a few times and I crossdressed and the cunt had no clue i'm a man hah, i think he has genuine feelings for me, and he's proposed marriage once before, hah jokes on you faggot i've been a man in a dress the whole time you fucking queer
>>
>>384594112
Obby maulers can one-shot people their own level
>>
>>384594295
How low a level were you that a 20-30 hit was a oneshot against an obby maul pure?
I still find it hard to believe unless you were really new and clueless.
>>
gave my cloak to some guy who said he would gold trim it
>>
>>384593205
I backed star citizen
>>
File: 1497365002066.jpg (10KB, 197x255px) Image search: [Google]
1497365002066.jpg
10KB, 197x255px
i used o farm normal bones, then put them on bank notes so they look like big bones
>log on world 2 varrok
>quickly trade em
>profit
>>
>>384594206
What did you two talk about the first time you needed to jerk off to one of your conversations?
>>
File: 1333582719814.png (3KB, 150x142px) Image search: [Google]
1333582719814.png
3KB, 150x142px
Back around 2007 or so this guy named Hockystorm item scammed me by tricking me into turning off my lantern in the mole caves under Falador.
>>
I "scammed" kids out of their unusuals and several other rare items for lazer weapons in TF2
>>
>>384593205
>2006/7 runescape
>selling a black plate body g on one of the trading worlds
>want cash only
>some dude trades and puts up a bunch of stuff
>start typing in chat that I only want money when he hits accept
>never even put up my armor
>uh okay, hit accept too
>go through with the trade
>starts calling me a scammer
I got reverse scammed
>>
No
Scamming people is just awful.
>>
I "scammed" people here on /v/ by offering TF2 items and virtual coal during that Christmas event on steam for actual video games. It was a Christmas sale so everything was dirt cheap. I went from like 27 games on steam to 107 games in that week.
>>
Back in the good days of RuneScape, like 2003 or 2004, I was like 12 years old and just started playing on and off, rs2 had just come out and I finally got full black armor
Some guy told me he would give me a rune longsword if I trusted him to hold my full black armor
Being the dumb kid I was, I did it and ofc he stole it
I cried
>>
Used to do trust-scams and fake drop parties and shit in the Varrock slums

We weren't total dicks and only targetted rich motherfuckers and sometimes even spread the wealth with random low levels in Lumbridge

Oh and obviously the Zammy wine. once got a full set of trimmed black plate out of trapping some poor fuck in there
>>
File: Ponzi.jpg (40KB, 196x289px) Image search: [Google]
Ponzi.jpg
40KB, 196x289px
>>384595651
Video game scams are valuable in that they teach children natural distrust and cynicism that could potentially protect a lot of real money later in life

Imagine if you didn't buy in with the next Bernie Madoff because you got your rune plate stolen
>>
>>384593205
I get added by people trying to scam my items everyday but I don't fall for them since I'm not retarded
>>
>play both habbo hotel and runescape
>sell my runescape account for habbo hotel items
>steal my account back with recovery questions 6 months later
>new owner had logged in 178 days ago anyway
>>
I did the "jagex blocks your pass ********" thing a lot. Super easy, and other people would play along to make it work better. I also impersonated jagex staff and would tell people to give me their paszword so I could give them a prize. If the person didn't immediately tell me to fuck off, it usually worked. I stopped one time after stealing a member account and feeling bad for stealing "real" money. Gave it back after taking a dragon dagger as a trophy and rethought my life. Made me incredibly suspicious of other people though. Never been scammed since I was one, but people tend to think I'm kinda heartless when dealing with panhandlers IRL because I know how easy it is to sucker people.
>>
>>384596628
>people tend to think I'm kinda heartless when dealing with panhandlers IRL because I know how easy it is to sucker people

Fucking this. Playing MMOs while growing up made me see a scammer in most homeless people. I've even seen one guy wearing a leg brace asking for handouts at an intersection, the next week I see it on his other leg.
>>
>>384593205
I used to scam people when I played Ragnarok Online back in the beginning of middle school.
There were these weak equipments with open slots to attach a monster card to them. Many of these cards had a great effect, making an otherwise crap item worth a lot. The icon representing the equipment in the menus didn't change after attaching a card to it. To see the difference, you needed to either right click it and see the details, or hover the mouse over it and read the equipment's name that would appear (since an equipment with a card attached had an adjective added to its name).

So to get easy money, I only had to do this:
>offer to sell an equipment with a good card attached for a good price
>guy tries to trade. You put the legit equipment there. The guy enters the price
>cancel the trade and asks for just a little bit more. Normally they refuse.
>either way, they try to trade again. You do the same thing as before
>guy gets impatient since he wants to trade already
>say: "Fine. This price will do."
>guy tries to trade for the third time
>put a regular equipment without a card slot, but with the same icon
>guy is already impatient and doesn't verify
>confirm the transaction this time
>profit
>repeat with next victim

Worked around 80% of the time. Only occasionally the other person was a careful enough to not fall for it.
>>
>>384595673
But anon, coal could turn into actual video games. I got SPAZ, DNF which I would never have otherwise bought and Frozen Synapse with mine. What you did wasn't scamming, it was just legitimately playing the market.
>>
>>384595365
Me too. I lost 700k worth of items.
>>
I can't remember the finer details but I have a reverse scam story.
>be young boy playing RS
>some filthy scrub in town begging people for some really cheap specific item for free
>nobody helping a brother out
>he asks me and I end up complying because why not
>he says brb and logs out
>logs into his main and gives me some free shit
>>
>>384597820
the way I see it is I traded some 3d models and some pixels for genuine full games. The deal was so good I feel it should have been illegal.
>>
>playing runescape classic (this was just before the graphical update to runescape 2, now OSRS, as it was in the news and members could get in on the beta)
>poorfag f2p, was probably about 11 at the time, saved up gold from killing enemies and selling extra items to NPCs to have full mith armour
>guy asks if i want to dupe it
>being 11 i think sure i could sell the extras for a lot of cash
>dropped it all and pressed alt f4 like he said
>logged back on, tears in my eyes when hours of hard work was gone in an instant
>never trust anyone in any online game again

At least on OSRS I can slay and find full rune sets every couple of hours now :^)

as a bonus, who remembers tab tab space enter from maplestory? got a few 60% glove attack scrolls that way telling people it would dupe whatever they put up :^)
>>
>>384599810
The older days, when many people playing MMOs didn't know how to use a computer for anything else.
I remember naming a character "Press Alt+F4 for TRICK" back then. The bunch of people suddenly logging out around me was priceless.
>>
File: 1499545685064.jpg (61KB, 260x273px) Image search: [Google]
1499545685064.jpg
61KB, 260x273px
>>384593205
>Habbo Hotel
>"Selling teleporter to (famous person's room)
>Actually goes nowhere
>>
I once let a guy scam me for 900k because I wanted to see how it worked. Learned some wildy mechanics that day
>>
>>384594191
I did that once, too.

It was still active though, I took it back anyway.

>they character changed me into a female
>told blizz account was stolen and they gave me free race change
>>
>Be me
>Young dingus
>Playing a dumb game called Endless Online
>I play as a "Mage"
>I have the power to summon a bubble to heal myself
>I have this super cool fan weapon that deals more damage then most other players
>The game is a roguelike you see
>Only ever a few hundred people on, the admins among them
>So I sometimes had people following me for many miles just because I got a weapon that's difficult to acquire
>Suddenly, some guy comes to me and is like
>Dude, I can duplicate that
>You just gotta put it on the ground
>So I do that
>He takes it, runs to the edge of the screen
>I follow
>I chase him into the PvP zone
>He turns around with a crossbow and kills me
>I cry
>I stalk him for the rest of the time I'm there
>>
>playing D2
>trading something of mild value for a SOJ
>dude puts up SOJ for trade
>I accept
>he takes SOJ off
>cancels trade
>reopens trade
>puts a ring up that looks like SOJ, I don't check it
>hit accept
>he logs off
>gave me some piece of shit ring instead.

Was a pretty bad day, I got ripped off in a bunch of different ways in D2.
>>
>>384601692
>playing D2 on some random game I made
>not doing anything important
>random dude joins in
>asks me if I wanted to dupe my armor
>be sketchy at first, but go along with it
>something about going hostlie, then not
>yadda yadda yadda
>when he kills me, instead of keeping all my armor and just dropping gold like usual
>all my armor falls off and drops on the ground by my corpse
>at first I thought cool
>respawn
>no armor
>he logs
>go to my corpse
>he grabbed all of my armor

Still don't know what happened there, I've never dropped armor while dying before/after that one time.
>>
>>384595365
fuck this scam, this got me too right when I became a member for the first time and didn't know any better.
>>
>>384601996
What happens if you do that?
>>
>15 year old or something playing Diablo 2
>some bullshit happens
>ask someone who looks like a blizz representative to help me
>says "sure, i can do a rollback of your account but i need your password"
>you'll never guess what happened
I was sad that day.
>>
File: 1478602437313.jpg (84KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1478602437313.jpg
84KB, 480x360px
Runescape
>Must've played with this guy for a year doing all the quests and having fun.
>He helped me out and was a bit higher level than me.
>Go to wildy for the first time and we get pretty deep, start attacking some monster getting to half health, he attacks me and I die, says it was by accident.
>"That's my bad anon, ok I will give you something back because I messed up, I will give you some trimmed shit and gold or I can give you one of my higher level alt accounts".
>"I'll have alt account pls"
>"Okay what do you want me to set the password to the username is Bananaman"
>Realize a second later I should've said something other than what I had for my account password.
>Get signed out and can't get back in
:(
>>
File: IMG_9009.jpg (138KB, 876x842px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9009.jpg
138KB, 876x842px
There will never be a game like Runescape again
>>
>>384602254
Bugs start to swarm all over you and you take constant damage
Since its dark as shit you cant find the way out
>>
>>384595813
that is a really good point. the people who do it are still dirtbags though
>>
Some dude told me he could put diamonds in my d long, he takes it and logs off. He then ends up messaging me about a 2 months later saying how sorry he is and gives me back the sword.
>>
>>384602423
Wow.
That sounds like shit.
I want that in WoW.
>>
File: IMG_9048.jpg (191KB, 979x1069px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9048.jpg
191KB, 979x1069px
>>384602264
>username is Bananaman
>>
>be h4x0r on Steam
>mostly just playing Counter-Strike with wall hacks
>get VAC banned, so I had to get creative on how to continue hacking
>make a new steam account
>try to make it an official sounding name
>have pre-typed messages with my friend who would spell check and otherwise help out with suggestions
>copy and paste them into my steam chat logs with people
>trying to do survey's and support on cold calls
>IT WORKED SO FUCKING OFTEN.

We literally had a plethora of jacked Steam accounts, and we'd literally just turn on our aimbot, and wall hacks, and whatever else, and FUCK SHIT UP.
>>
>>384594397
Guy you're responding to isn't me. My memories are a bit shoddy but I remember somehow accidentally getting into a pvp area and getting rekt as fuck before I could blink
>>
>Pick up that wine
>>
File: IMG_9427.jpg (124KB, 475x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9427.jpg
124KB, 475x600px
>Clue scroll in deep wildy
>It's the reward clue
>Log to a low population world
>Run from Edge because fuck the level
>Run past miners and shit, prob bots
>Get to map location
>Reward is pretty gud, nothing like Third Age, but around 2.5m which is a godsend to my retard ass
>Start sweatin' bullets
>Full blown Metal Gear trying to get back to Edgey
>Run into a guy still in deep
>"sup"
>"nm, lookin' 4 clue place"
>"i can take you"
>"nah im gud"
>Log off and hide in my room for fear of logging on an getting PK'd
>>
>>384602652
That could happen before the ditch. May had been hit by more than one person too. Did magic skill even increase your combat level?
>>
File: 1475446129676.jpg (135KB, 800x1043px) Image search: [Google]
1475446129676.jpg
135KB, 800x1043px
>>384602565
I thought we were friends...
>>
File: 1498454252582.gif (299KB, 448x256px) Image search: [Google]
1498454252582.gif
299KB, 448x256px
>Aiion
>on my way to solo a certain worldboss for immense cash as usual
>someone new from my faction already soloing it
>no way for me to train him with mobs so I just call 2 friends and we out-dps him
>get invited to a TeamSpeak by him and find out he's from a group of returning players wanting to reclaim the boss
>I tell them it's not gonna happen, oddly enough they're respectful about it
Here's how it started
>we were all getting along so I decided to stay a bit
>tell them the once-a-week worldboss is about to spawn and no one's recruiting so we can get it for ourselves
>we aren't fast enough to kill it before its enrage mode kicks in and it starts onehitting everyone
>makes sense since it's designed to be a raid-boss anyways
>guys on TS get audibly frustrated and decide to publically fill the group, then run off with the loot at the end
>new guys, one of which I even have a good relationship with and planned to share my loot with later, start talking about how excited they are for the loot
>everyone on TS is laughing
>boss is dead, leader loots and logs off
Now it gets unnecessarily dickish
>one of our guys had a highrank character on the opposing factions side with maxgear
>he switches accounts and, being a highrank, transforms into his Xform, then hurries to the boss
>"Get away from the boss, I'm gonna spam my AOEs in the middle"
>he comes in from above and we stand on the side watching him basically kill most of the group that's still in shock of the leader running off with their loot
>everyone on TS is laughing, again
>Xform guy logs onto his other account in our group again and the loot is distributed

>all of a sudden, that one guy I was planning to share my loot with audibly cleared his throat in our channel
>we must have overheard him joining and he heard the whole thing
>after a few seconds of silent realization, everyone simultaneously bursts out laughing due to the silliness of the situation
>everyone was exposed in public chat

I still feel bad.
>>
>>384601579
One memory from this game still haunts me. I once killed a reaper and it dropped a crossbow (this was before they implemented stats, so any weapon with range was OP). Another reaper spawned, and a millisecond before I could pick up the game crossbow, another reaper spawned and killed me. I checked the chat logs to confirm that it actually did drop a crossbow, and sure enough it did. Worse was that I had a friend who would always tell me to buy potions, but I was too much of a cheap bastard to buy any. Moral of the story is to not be a greedy asshole
>>
Offered my friendship to a dude in TF2 for some hats.
Never gave it; he was sad
>>
>>384593205
>X/A
>Let's go outside so you can show me how it looks equipped
>Hey bro I will move away so could you please drop the item on the ground?
>>
>gears of war 2
>im like 17
>yes I got scammed this old
>some fucking kid spends an hour and a half talking to about getting me free microsoft point
>just needs my account
>give it to him like a fucking idiot
>piece of shit uses my credit card to buy 50 dollars worth of points
>somehow got my account back
>be embarressed I fell for that shit
>never trust anyone about anything every
>>
>>384603871
A good way to get money was to stay on Noob island and farm Goat Horns.

That shit was tight.

I still remember the old, old main town, and the admins there. The morons trading, the whores whoring, and the dungeon, where rulebreakers were kept.

That was nice.
>>
File: 1499037417900.jpg (93KB, 523x714px) Image search: [Google]
1499037417900.jpg
93KB, 523x714px
>These websites used to post thousands and thousands of phished microsoft email accounts and say whether they have xbox live gold and credit cards.
>Back in the day when you bought something all your accounts on the xbox had access to it
>Spend maybe ~$2000 on peoples credit cards buying games and dlc.
>Still using their email accounts.
>>
>tf2 2011-2012
>go to one server and buy shit strange weapons
>go to another server and sell for one or two scrap more
>repeat jewish trickery until I can trade for a bills
>never spent a single cent outside of buying the orange box
>>
>>384605762
i loved that game too
>>
I've been scammed

>11 in 2006
Just started playing Runescape, having lots of fun, finally get black armor so I must've been around 20
>killing some NPCs
>random guy runs up to me
>yells "halt *username*, you have just been reported 3 times"
>Shitting myself, didn't understand what was going on
>told me i committed some offense, plead my innocence
>he says he needs to get into my account to check it
>seems fishy but do it anyway
>had to type my password one letter at a time because the chat wouldn't let me type my password out in full
>logout, realize i was probably getting scammed so i changed my password
>nothing happened to my account

I got lucky. I also never fell for the armor trimming scam, loved when people tried to pull that on me. Why was that guy even wasting time on a low level account like mine?
>>
File: IMG_1336.jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1336.jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
I scammed a bunch of people on /v/ when the Smash Bros Demo Codes came out.
>>
>>384593594
>don't know how to count
>blame Jagex
amazing
>>
>chilling in varrock square
>some guy opens a trade with me and shows me loads of expensive items and GP
>tells me that he's looking for an "arena book" and is willing to trade all of his items for one
>never heard of an arena book
>add him to my friends lists and tell him to wait there
>go to the varrock bank
>"buying arena book!!"
>a different guy comes up to me and asks me how much gold i have
>i stupidly tell him i have 30k
>he offers to trade it for my rune scimmy and my 30k which was all i had
>I accept and excitedly run back to varrock square
>he's gone.

I know i lost barely anything but i was a mega-noob and that was all i had accumulated over hours and hours of playing. I must've quit for a few years after that.
>>
>Trying to sign into xbox live ~2011
>Doesn't let me
>Bit weird, maybe it's the connection
>Try again, nothing
>Get hold of microsoft support and they're getting a sign-in location from the fucking Netherlands
>Recover my account
>Dude bought Awesomenauts, Super Meat Boy, and 5000 microsoft points, with his own fucking card
>I get to keep it
>>
File: Viewjoe_hulk_092203.jpg (10KB, 232x200px) Image search: [Google]
Viewjoe_hulk_092203.jpg
10KB, 232x200px
I Scammed someone without even realizing it

>RO
>Lowrates Server
>Crazy Donation custom shit
>Cards were called materia
>GM was called Sephir0th
>There was this angel ear wings item that was custom and gave crazy stats
>the only way to get it was from donating about 20 bucks or do some crazy hard forging quest
>Kill Angeling
>Drops normal angel wings hat
>Some dude wants to buy it
>Offers 10m
>was level 70/40 or something, not even reborn
>mfw
>Stop using that char
>read later that that same dude was complaining about some Assassin scamming him giving him fake angel ears
>later learn that the angeling used to drop the donation hat due to a bug but it was fixed but still looked the same

Those 10m carried my noob ass till 99/40
>>
File: 1476129766464.png (663KB, 792x577px) Image search: [Google]
1476129766464.png
663KB, 792x577px
I was once lured.

>Guy promised to drop like 100m in red portal.
>I'm in full gear and didn't think much of it.
>Guy puts on his full gear and ice barrages me to death.
>Lost about 200m worth of stuff.
>Get PTSD from Ice barrage noise ever since.

I wasn't mad at them as much as I was mad at myself for letting it happen.
>>
Trimmed armour.
I had a whole routine where I'd say scammers are ruining trimming for the other players.

Became 'girls' bf in Habbo for free furni

Got BARC speeders from new players in Galaxies pretending it was just a common item.

New MMOs took the fun out of it.
>>
>Be shitty middle school kid
>Got a kick out of scamming people in RS
>This was when the bullshit 26k trade limit still existed
>Never made much money, but I had fun
>One day I managed to get a mith warhammer off some "girl" using the trust game.
>"She" begs and cries for it back
>I just walk away laughing
>Her boyfriend starts following me around and demanding I return it
>Says he'll report me if I dont
>Laugh harder
>I knew the worst I'd get would be a 1 day mute
>I eventually offer to return it if he pays me
>For some reason he agrees
>Log out as soon as I get the money
I only scammed like 20k worth of stuff, but it was still a good time.
>>
A ""friend"" logged onto my Neopets account and stole 400k in credits and some map pieces.
>>
>schoolmate invites me to play Runescape with him
>we meet up and chat or whatever
>his character name was like Bam12534229
>he gets off
>have an idea
>log off too
>try out his username
>my first guess for his password
"margera"
>IT FUCKING WORKED
>take all of his shit
>leave him naked in the deep wildy as far as I could run
>act like nothing ever happened with my new adam scimmy

Sorry Ryan.
>>
>>384612426
>Liking Bam Marguera

He had it coming
>>
>>384613032
I don't know anybody my age that didn't like Jackass/CKY/Viva La Bam.
>>
>>384613084
Jackass was awesome good quality TV, Bam was just the worst Jackass

The best was Ryan Dunn F ; -;7
>>
>>384613396
>you now remember that Ryan Dunn TV show where they re-modeled bedrooms as a prank
>>
>>384601880
you had tarn helm
>>
>>384614603
What?
>>
File: 1494191692180.jpg (52KB, 662x664px) Image search: [Google]
1494191692180.jpg
52KB, 662x664px
>World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King times
>I was part of a hardcore raiding guild for 10 mans
>We cleared Lich King before any sort of nerf
>A Blacksmithing pattern dropped from a boss? Or maybe it was trash mobs I forget
>I was my guild's blacksmith and had a bunch of rare patterns so they gave it to me.
>Saronite Stompers I think they were. They were the best in slot plate boots for Death Knights, Warriors, and Paladins regardless of spec.
>The materials to make the boots were 60k gold alone
>Looking around on my server I noticed I was only 1 of 2 horde side blacksmiths that had that pattern
>make the boots for all my guild mates for free if they provided materials.
>Would make them for random people when they provided materials and pay me 35k gold for my service.

Needless to say I was hated deeply by many for a long time. Mailbox would always be full of hate mail because I was the only blacksmith willing to help non guild mates. I was eventually contacted by a moderator to maybe consider being more helpful to my fellow players. From then on, I stopped offering my services AND me/my guild bought EVERY SINGLE MATERIAL required to make the boots and other good armor. We monopolized it all.
>>
>>384593205
>guessed someones login info once
>get a PM from one of their friends
>"I thought you logged off for the night?"
>Proceed to transfer all the accounts shit to mine
I've done about all the scams and fallen to a lot of them at least once.
>>
>>384601579
>Endless online
>Rogue like
>PvP zone
Maybe you played one of the custom clients some people do. Original EO far as i'm aware isn't either of those things. I grew up on that game since like V12 and have owned almost every rare item possible until i quit.

That or it's a much newer version and you're under age. Back in my day it was nothing more than a glorified chat client where everything died in 1 hit because there were no stats.
>>
>>384593205
>playing Diablo 3, witch doctor
>farming rifts, get legendary starmetal kukri perfect stats
>later, meet fellow witchbro, we chat seems like a nice enough fella
>"drop that m8, let me dupe it"
>do so, he leaves, nver see him again

Learned my lesson. I'm like Fox Mulder now. Trust..No.1.
>>
>10 years old, just finished tutorial island in '06
>open the map to see cool shit around me
>run straight to the wilderness cause I thought that's where youd find cool shit
>ignore warnings
>somehow end up all the way at the fucking lava maze
>random player runs up and kills me at the entrance
>no gear, not even mad

That was an interesting first leap into the game
>>
>>384617213
>level 3
>reaching the lava maze
what did you mean by this
>>
File: 1499570296920.gif (3MB, 355x201px) Image search: [Google]
1499570296920.gif
3MB, 355x201px
>play dofus
>Female chars, always
>Rp/erp as a girl
>Find victim
>Become gf
>Play with them and only them
>On extreme cases I get my gf. to get on cam/mic for me
>Have them trust me their accounts to farm when they're offline
>Log in
>Loot EVERYTHING
>Delete any account bound items
>Delete all professions, progress, etc
>Log back into my character, keep playing
>Wait for them and their shit fit the following day

I've been doing this for years. Best part is, it explicitly says in Dofus' rules that they are not responsible for that, and that giving your account ID and password is a BANNABLE offense, and that they accept scammers/thieves as part of a "healthy and realistic community" and that they won't punish anyone unless they are caught red handed.

>Mfw some of them actually reported me
>THEY got banned instead

I honestly keep playing this game just for that.
>>
>>384617303
sounds pretty straightforward to me
>>
>>384616650
They patched in stats later. Also, the guy probably doesn't know what a Rouge like means
>>
>>384593205
Does Cartoon Orbit count as a game?

I got scammed out of some very rare things on a trade once. It was so easy to clear your offer right before somebody confirmed a trade.

It was devastating but the service shut down a year later so whatever
>>
File: lie on the internet.jpg (50KB, 475x355px) Image search: [Google]
lie on the internet.jpg
50KB, 475x355px
>>
>>384617648
I once fell for the online gf scam. Worst part was they didn't even ask for anything, I just kept giving them gold like a pathetic beta. I still cringe remembering it
>>
>>384617919
I was there for stats at least, they sucked hard when they first came in and the early shitty quests.

I haven't played it in years still. I made a lot of friends on that, if i make a game i want to make one that's similar to old version of EO i knew primarily because it was a glorified chat client. But now everyones about online prestige by achievement hunting and stuff.

The simple time of just hanging out talking to friends is over.
>>
File: IMG_7328.jpg (44KB, 395x393px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7328.jpg
44KB, 395x393px
Some 13yo and I agreed to trade wins in some old online game to boost.
He let me win like 10 rounds, and then when it was time to trade I just disconnected
>CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP
>>
>give 10 mill to doubler
>he actually doubles it

the absolute madman
>>
yea few hundred USD worth on roblox
>>
File: laugh.jpg (84KB, 817x857px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
84KB, 817x857px
>>384618589
>hey, give me the 20m and ill double it again
>>
>>384615460
Bullshit, sheerly because the supposed GM would have been fired.

t. got fired for similar shit
>>
I fell for the coin stack in clanwars lure and lost 200m cash stack that I had just bought for 150 USD when mils were actually worth some money.

Thought I could telegrab the stack, gave RS coders too much credit I guess, because that fucking spell made me run all the way out there and manually grab it
>>
>>384618813
yeah, i always did that, scammers are dumb enough to fall for the "i'll test with 500k and then do 2m next" and then you run with the doubled 500k
>>
>Richfag
>Go to populated areas
>Offer money doubling
>Actually do it for most people who ask
>Keep an eye out for that one smarmy fucker that always swans over with a fuck tonne of money
>Steal it
>Nobody believes him when he sperges out
>>
>guy says "jaxtex blocks your pass see *******
>say pass
>get hacked
i don't know how retarded one can be
>>
>>384619043
I got someone with this back in 2007 or so
I still remember his password, moneymoney24 I think

or maybe that was his username. either way, he didn't have anything good so I left his account alone
>>
>>384619043
It never gets old how retarded half the player are in every game
>Hey what is the button for *X function*?
>F10
>...
>xX_underagefaggot_Xx has disconnected
>>
>>384603220
I think it did yeah. Also sorry for such a late response, been off and on
>>
>play graal
>trick people into trading rare hats for worthless but 'rare' items
>tricked one person into trading a 3 of a kind hat for a coffee bean that wasn't rare just in an off part of the map

>play kingdoms
>scam steele's whore of a girlfriend for a huge supply of diamonds
>>
More like straight up stealing but whatever
>D2
>wait around in mule parking server
>idiots join to trade items between characters
>they walk into corner of town, drop items
>as soon as they log out I run over, steal it, and leave
>>
>>384615460
>BiS regardless of spec
>60k gold for a single piece of gear in WotLK
Bullshit
>>
>>384618261
I know your feel anon. I'm sad nobody makes these simple isometric grid-based games anymore. The simple design and lack of things to do often indirectly encourages people to hang out and make friends. New mmos are all about collecting things, often isolating yourself from playing with actual other players
>>
File: thankyoubasedgod.jpg (79KB, 707x523px) Image search: [Google]
thankyoubasedgod.jpg
79KB, 707x523px
I did this a long time ago.

I'm not sure why it has that filename.
>>
i had a scam crew back in the day. we would tell noobs we had dragon eggs and they would trade go for them.
i also used to hangout in lumbridge and tell noobs to follow me to magic city and. just bring them to the wild and kill them.
>>
File: 1466807221250.png (301KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
1466807221250.png
301KB, 520x678px
>>384619043
>>384619163
>At friends house
>See him log in
>Look at what keys he presses
>See the letters H, l, o and 123
>Go home
>Try Halo123
>Empty his bank
>Steal all his shit
>Change the password
>He's freaking out
>I go over a couple days later to his house
>He's freaking out
>Asks his brother can he sort it
>I panic thinking I'll get arrested or something if an adult gets involved
>"Hey anon I think I know a trick to get back in your account"
>Type in the password I set and push other random buttons on the keyboard that don't enter anything into the password
>Log in succesful
>"Just a trick I learned"
>>
>>384619247
>Come across some totally cash armour some guy had just left in a discreet corner right after logging out
>Steal it obviously
>Put it all on and just stand there dancing when guy comes to retrieve it while he rages in chat
>>
>>384619354
Last time i played an MMO was black desert online it was a pretty game but even friends i was talking to i barely spoke with while we played together because i was so busy just chasing EXP and doing mindless questing. I've done more socializing in shooters than i have done in an MMO in the past 10 years.

Problem is too simple games like that can't exist anymore anyway thanks to cash shop being standard practice which would ruin it entirely. I just wish i could program barely enough to make my own vision.
>>
>>384595813

Very good point.

>2007, I'm 14 years old
>Everyone on GameFAQs is trading PSN accounts and letting people download each other's PS3 games.
>I let someone log into my account, and they change the password and keep my account.
>Try contacting Sony multiple times, they never respond.

Thankfully the only thing I had on that account was a digital version of Spyro, and had no personal info or credit cards attached. I don't know why I was so damn naive at that age, but I had never been ripped off before, and I've never been scammed since because of that.
>>
>>384597784
Did a similar thing in vanilla Diablo 2. Waste some time and item swap with some trash that used the same inventory graphic.

Stone of Jordans
Iceblink
High tier rates

Never bothered with the corpse dupe scam but if I saw someone trying it in a public game I would play along. Scored some great from it a few times.
>>
>>384620091
Some day anon, I'm sure someone will make a game like this, maybe even you
>>
>>384617303
I honestly just wanted to see the world and ran straight to varrock then straight to the lava maze entrance.
>>
>>384619586
>I panic thinking I'll get arrested or something if an adult gets involved
I miss being a kid and being that naive
>>
>be 13
>sexually confused cos puberty
>surfing rs back in 07 when babe in game dms me asking if i want to "smex"
>instantly hard
>we go upstairs in abandoned house
>both use dancing emote facing toward each other while typing "*moans*"
>tfw now realize she was probably a dude
>>
File: 7.jpg (74KB, 807x802px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
74KB, 807x802px
>>384621189
>both use dancing emote facing toward each other while typing "*moans*"
>>
File: 1492119069308.jpg (41KB, 600x416px) Image search: [Google]
1492119069308.jpg
41KB, 600x416px
>Mfw used to scam people out of rune pick axes
>Would say I'll trade you 111k
>Would just use 1111
>Worked more often than not

I'll admit I started after someone pulled it on me
>>
>>384593594
>the bright idea that the number should be displayed as the number
>>
Earlier today
>someone's doubling money
>trade him 5k
>he trades me back 10k
>"thanks"
>don't trade him ever again

They're expecting you to trade larger amounts after a small trade so they aren't likely to run off with the 1-5k or so you just traded them. Beat them at their own game.
>>
I fell for the trimming scam in runescape. I still remember the guys name.

FUCK YOU MAGEMASTA100 YOU BLACK NIGGER
>>
i once scammed millions off kids in some "aution" scam that apparently got way more popular after i did it

and i lost it all buying some worthless shit that wasnt even the right thing, actually i got scammed out of it myself, because i didnt even know what it was supposed to be called

lel, no fucks given
>>
File: 1461223180673.png (7KB, 167x508px) Image search: [Google]
1461223180673.png
7KB, 167x508px
>tfw your runescape friends list is now full of people who will most likely not ever play the game again and you'll never have laughs and joy with these strangers again
>>
File: 1381714973527.gif (2MB, 260x150px) Image search: [Google]
1381714973527.gif
2MB, 260x150px
>>384593594
>Get first SoJ on D2 after playing online for about five or six months.
>Want that hot new Shaftstop that everyone's using at the time because 25% physical damage reduction on it is really powerful for lower level characters.
>Go to trade, guy puts up shaftstop, I put up my SoJ.
>Cancels trade, reinitiates.
>Don't noticed he swapped it out with a regular chainmail until after I left the game.

Thankfully, the Shaftstop was cheap in the grand scheme of things compared to high runes or other items, but it did teach me a valuable lession -- always assume the other guy is out to cheat you and check everything they do.
>>
>>384610873
>his own card
I highly doubt that
>>
>>384602612

What exactly do you get out of hacking like this? I never really understood why people did it, desu. How is it more fun than actually playing the game? Just to troll and get people pissed?
>>
>>384593205
Why wouldn't you do this and just offer 1k gold. Then 2k gold. Then 3k gold over and over. So long as the 2k is doubled you'd never be "out" gold and the scammer would make 0 bux.
>>
First and last game I got scammed in was actually runescaoe. Guy had me drop my worst item, gave it back, then my second best item, traded it back, then my best item. He logged off with it. I dunno what I was suppose to get out of it but I never played runescape seriously anyway.
>>
>>384622609

>1k
they probably wouldn't even waste time with you
doublers usually have mills upon mills

they let themselves lose money sometimes to put on the illusion that it is not a scam

kind of like real casinos
>>
>>384622807
The doubler scam is pivotal on doubling trivial amounts of money to build up confidence in the scam. People don't just roll up and throw a billion gp in a trade window.
>>
>Runescape Member
>Complete cat raising quest
>When you finish, if you drop the cat training necklace reward, you can get more as long as none are in your inventory
>Stock up on them
>Advertise and sell the necklaces claiming that your cat aged faster while wearing one
>Anywhere from 10-50k a pop, could get about 10 an hour sold for literally 0 effort money
>Infinitely repeatable.

... Good times
>>
>>384595840
this guy got scammed
>>
>>384622918

maybe for f2p plebs but the doubler group that I spoke with would "lose" about 500 mill a day
>>
>>384622331
Also,

>Find guy in game who wants to trade off Mescherschmit's Axe or something because it costs a billion gold to repair due to the Holy Bolt charges on it.
>Wants gold, which I have a lot of.
>Offer him around 400k after pooling mine together with a buddy, he trades the axe for it and goes back to farming chipped gems.
>Declare hostility, take waypoint, kill him before he can figure out what's going on.
>Still has almost all my gold on his body.
>Take it and run off.

I felt like shit the rest of the week for that. I very well could've ruined someone's time.
>>
>>384602423
Important to note, you can't turn the lantern on in the dark because, well, it's dark.
>>
>>384615210
He's meme-ing.

The loot drop scam if I remember had something to do with inventory space. Scammer probably had you fill your characters bag space up and killed you on top of a corpse. I don't remember exactly but it was something like your equipped gear was put in your bag while you were a corpse and with no room to store it while dead it dropped whatever it could not find space for on the ground.
>>
>>384622979
I did this with the dragon fire shields from the dragon slaying quest. They used to sell for quite a lot back then.
>>
>>384593205
>Kill some lesser mob till it drops some rare vendor trash with a cool looking name.
>Put it on the AH for a high price (about 2 days of grinding at max level)
>Spam the chat that i want to buy it for a even higher pricer
>Some chump checks it on the AH, think he can make some quick buck, buy it and try to sell it to me
>I log out.

I did it quite a lot, then grew bored with the game. It was Dragon Nest for anyone curious.
>>
File: idiot dog.jpg (56KB, 984x908px) Image search: [Google]
idiot dog.jpg
56KB, 984x908px
>>384593205
>playing tf2
>MVM just came out
>get shitty robot weapon after
>go into idle trade server full of kids
>offer my weapon to some 9 year old kid give or take
>says he is new to the game and doesn't economy
>see he has earbuds
>tell him they are worth shit
>he believes me
>yeet.jpg
>he offers me his earbuds plus a few scrap metal
>sell the earbuds for like 90 dollars or someshit
>get banned on steamrep
>worth.jpeg
>>
>>384605879
Before I was old enough for a credit card, someone got into my XBL account and spent the linked paypal account (40$) on FIFA skin packs. Honestly I didn't even use computers back then, ever. So I don't know how it was my fault. Never really purchased xbox after that since support refused to help me other than saying, yea that sucks.
>>
I traded some shitmon for my friend's Grovyle when I was like 8 and I said no trackbacks when he started crying wanting it back
>>
Scammed in Habbo hotel when I was young. I think it was as stupid as being told I needed to give the guy an item so he could double it. I appreciate it now, I learned a valuable lesson that day.
>>
File: 2017-07-20-15-52-25-.jpg (10KB, 313x161px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-20-15-52-25-.jpg
10KB, 313x161px
>Diablo 2 on the open net
>the version of battlenet but with hax
>start my own "dupe server"
>I'll duplicate your items
>guy gives me his weapon to dupe
>sword that does like 1000000+ base dmg with 1000000+ dmg of every element and status effect in the game
>take his weapon and run
>>
Used to sell my friends runescape account on guild wars 1 then change the password or just give them the wrong password
>>
>>384611719
God that sounds horrible, maybe the beginning of this monkey badness trap remix will make you feel better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOwt6QSVvqg
>>
>>384593205
Back in the days of aol my friends and I used to scam people in the magic trading groups. We'd color print alpha/beta card faces on the computer lab printer and glue them to lands then trade with what was usually other people doing the same thing, scammers scamming scammers but every once in a while you'd rope a kid for a mox jewel or something they should've known not to trade in the mail.
>>
>>384602371
Do people still play runescape? I'm thinking about getting back into it
>>
File: 1464130866782.png (260KB, 468x351px) Image search: [Google]
1464130866782.png
260KB, 468x351px
>>384593205
>playing Lineage 2
>there's no account item stash so the only way to give items from one character to another is to have someone help you by trading the stuff back to you or dropping them somewhere and then logging in with your other character and grabbing them before someone else does
>I'm in town and I see a guy walk into an alley between a house and the town's walls
>follow him and watch from a corner because I think it's weird
>dude drops all his gear and disconnects
>go there and grab everything
>log out
>>
I guess I got scammed in EVE. ISK doubler fishing in Jita, sent him 5mil ISK (it was the lowest) expecting him to send me 10mil back to hook me onto sending him bigger sums with my idea being to pull out on the second run before he pulled out on me, but he never did. Usually scammers will actually double your first 2 or so runs so that you ramp up, but this one didn't.

Wish he had taken the bait, scamming money doublers is great fun because it's like poker: you don't know when the other party might pull out and run with it, but the more you chance it the higher the gains.
>>
>construction update
>have house party
>tell people abby whip looks like a snake if you put it on a table
>see someone put something on my table
>turn on build mode, kicks everyone out of house
>wait for whip to spawn

poor guy, he wasnt rich
>>
>>384609492
Same, made a fake email and had people send cheap steam gifts to it, kept it low so they wouldn't ask questions, it got me into shadowrun as a series
>>
>>384624325
isn't 5mil nothing tho?
>>
File: images-10.jpg (8KB, 244x193px) Image search: [Google]
images-10.jpg
8KB, 244x193px
>second life
>want somethings but I'm not paying the ridiculous costs, especially of the items can't be copied
>id always find a way to dupe some retard into dropping theirs
>grab it and run
Was fun. I'm sad sl is dead now, even the porn sims are dead
>>
>>384594206
lmao

did you get any juicy hats?
>>
>playing rs classic
>just got full rune set
>"hah nobody is gonna kill me in this"
>fucking about on the edge of varrock wildy
>3 hit by addy pure

yah never done pvp in any game after that
>>
>>384624350
You're a fucker, I like this one the best
>>
>>384610415
That was actually a pretty smart scam not gonna lie
>>
>>384624737
It's nothing yeah, that's why scammers usually actually double your money once or twice, because only very rare retards actually send big sums immediately, most send a small one to test the waters. Assuming I were a retard, he could have gained so much more by actually doubling my first few runs.

It might be he simply realized that due to the low sum and just kept the 5 or it wasn't the first time someone counter-scammed him so he just keeps the first sum (doesn't sound lucrative though, doubt many send large sums their first time).
>>
Some cunt told me (s)he would make my black armor gold-trimmed. So I gave it my leggings as a test run. Cunt told me that (s)he needed the whole set to continue.

Lost my leggings that day but learned to never trust anyone ever again.
>>
>>384625240
At least it wasn't a huge loss
>>
File: 1500233991460.jpg (152KB, 820x820px) Image search: [Google]
1500233991460.jpg
152KB, 820x820px
>>384593205
>fresh member
>doing quests in that desert south of Al Kharid where you have to carry water on you or slowly die of thirst
>about half way in
>guy runs up to me at half health, taking damage from dehydration
>asks me if I have any spare water
>deliberately take 15-20 seconds to say "No"
>My character takes a big chug of water just as I type this
>He panics and begins to run away
>I tell him to follow me, for I will lead him to safety
>Stupid fuck doesn't notice I'm heading South, further into the desert
>Eventually realises I've betrayed him when he's around 10 seconds from death
>He runs off in a random direction
>Chase him down
>See him type "you mother******" as he keels over dead
>Spend 10 minutes reorganising my inventory to take all his best shit, as my bag was 3/4 full of water
>Stroll north to the exit gate
>He runs up to me with nothing equipped shouting "Hey!" and sends a trade request
>Log out
>>
>WoW BC
>demon mini game in ogri'la yields the best trinket for druids
>as a warrior I'm not interested, but get the item required to play the game
>guild mate begs me to play the game on my account
>say I'm not comfortable with that
>he gives me his account details first and lets me log in to check
>agree to switch briefly so he can try to get the item
>while he's doing it I'm on his character and send all his gold to me
>change my password before he logs off

He quit the game.
>>
I made a friend through pk'ing in rs while I was mining rune ore

>go to wildy with rune pick, plate and legs to mine rune ore
>switch worlds a lot to find a rock someone hasn't already mined
>manage to almost fill inventory when someone with no gear comes along
>talk for few minutes says she was getting items in wildy
>ask her what sort of items
>she says "the ones you're carrying"
>teleblock
>equips all mage gear
>i activate mage prayer
>war of attrition of my 3 sharks to all of her runes
>manage to make it to a safe level so she can no longer hit me
>left with 5hp while i stand there shit talking
>all the time she was pm'ing a friend the same level as me to come and finish the job
>she pm's me saying "too bad"
>sit there mad as all hell but then eventually realise how clever that was and praise her
>we became friends and i then became that person she pm'd to come and finish people off
>stayed friends for 7 years chatting through msn until we both eventually quit rs and just faded out of contact
>that all started 12-13 years ago

She was the first legitimate girl I got to know through the Internet. I miss Runescape
>>
Not really scamming but:
>WoW
>get to level 50
>bored of the game
>end up sitting in the AH buying items from people that undercut too much and reselling it at a higher price

It was good fun, apparently at some point in WotLK Blizzard made that bannable, disgusting carebears.
>>
>>384625580
I dont see why he didn't just log out? Care to explain
>>
File: 1471015947348.png (167KB, 636x426px) Image search: [Google]
1471015947348.png
167KB, 636x426px
>>384625717
>Some guy keeps undercutting me on one particular valuable crafting item
>I constantly buy up his stock and resell for higher, but at a slower pace
>He constantly refills AH with his reduced price
>We're both contently making money, probably convinced we're ripping each other off
>>
>>384625717
Really? I quit at the tail end of WOTLK and do not recall that. Maybe you're thinking later, but regardless that's fucked.
>>
>>384618824
>sheerly because the supposed GM would have been fired

are you kidding, GMs say dumb shit all the time. I got yelled at once for doing Bloodsail Buccaneer rep and I told him I'd stop killing NPCs if he could tell me of a faster way to increase my rep. He basically dodged my response, made a non-reply, then one of their faggoty sign-offs and fucked off.

I made sure to kill all the NPCs the second they respawned just to piss off the guy who reported me.
>>
>>384625505
Indeed. In fact, it was all instinct. I knew gold-trimmed black armor existed but didn't know if players could craft it. But I was still wary of the person. Hence, the apprehension.

One time I was going around with a guy I was "friends" with and his "associates" in the wild. We were sniping people left and right until the pickings became slim. Suddenly I was the target. I managed to run far enough away from them, die but still log out, and recover all of my shit before they could steal anything. Glitch, bug, intentional; I don't care. I kept everything and those guys got nothing. Fuck those guys.
>>
>>384625940
May have been later, I stopped playing well before WOTLK.
>>
>>384625910
He was constantly taking damage from thirst, so it probably wouldn't have let him log off anyway.
>>
File: 1436970237480.jpg (32KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1436970237480.jpg
32KB, 413x395px
>>384595786
>Zammy wine
Oldest, greatest and my most favourite trick in the book
>>
>>384626032
It looks like the black legs were a small price to pay for the wisdom received
>>
Back in 2010, my buddy Hudson and I were running lobbies for MW2 free of charge. However, this one kid didnt know they were free and he paid me 20$ in Microsoft Points.

Literally fucking deleted him off friends as soon as he did this, and he started complaining to Hudson about it.

Hudson blocked him too.
>>
>>384625910
>log out
>log back in
>still die

Care to explain why you think logging out would prevent his death? Not everyone had friends who played RS that you could message in real life to come help you, he might have been one of those people
>>
>tf2
>scan backpacks for earbuds and salvaged crates
>some people straight up gave the crates to me for free since they couldn't equip them or buy keys for them

good times
do people still do this with other items in the post-buds economy or does even jose.hernandes.2002 know about backpack.tf nowadays?
>>
File: 1401332338217.jpg (170KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1401332338217.jpg
170KB, 800x800px
>setting up a transport contract in EVE
>massive load
>guy who takes on the contract has to put on a huge collateral bigger than the worth of the cargo
>it's through highsec so he thinks he's safe
>hired like 5 people with frigates to suicide gank him in highsec
>he gets fucking destroyed, has to pay the massive collateral
>one of the guys who was just looking scoops up my stuff from the wreck
>pay those guys like 5% of the revenue in total
>free money
>>
>playing diablo 2 LoD 2004-2007
>always play ladder only
>get involved on one of the many trading forums
>make dozens of micro transactions because i'm poor and don't bot
>trade with mule accounts on this forum
>usually trading pgems/pul runes for rich person castoff gear on the forum
>get perfect trade rating
>one day say I have a list of super expensive gear I'm liquidating for HR's (highest level of currency, super rare and powerful)
>say i'll be away for a few days and pm me with mule info and i'll get to it before end of week
>a dozen richies leave me mule accounts full of HR's because of trade rating and trust
>steal over 400 HR's in two hours on ladder
>delete forum account

I stopped playing the game a month or two later because all of a sudden I had perfect gear for every class and character type. It's almost like riches don't make you happy.
>>
File: 1498211664325.jpg (480KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1498211664325.jpg
480KB, 1000x750px
>>384593205
>played mabiogi for a good while
>invest a lot of my cute character
>this event comes out where its a jumping puzzle? I cant exactly remember
>A friend on the game says they'd do it for me since I was having trouble with it
>try to log into my account later
>the pw is changed
>confront the person and they said it wasn't them
I was so stupid and young...
>>
>>384626353
Faced with a choice of
>Lose everything, cunt takes everything, no chance of retrieval
or
>Lose everything, slim chance of being stolen, may disappear, moderate chance of retrieval

I know which option I'd go for.
>>
>>384594613
underrated
>>
>Was selling shit at bank
>Guy tells me he'll trade me full inventory of sharks to see my sell
>Show him and he throws in the sharks
>Accepted trade

I still have nightmares and flashbacks.
>>
>>384593396
>Read this
>Get ready to call you outfor underage, I remember when they added sandwich lady, it must have been recent
>Google it to be sure
>2006
Holy fuck what happened to the last 11 years of my life
>>
>>384626486
>mabinogi
>jumping puzzle
Think you could have the tism anon. There was no jumping in that game
>>
File: 1498538895814.jpg (85KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498538895814.jpg
85KB, 500x500px
>>384626279
i had people pay me irl to do the prestige modding thing. classmates and friends-of-friends alike
pretty sure it didn't require more than an USB stick and the most basic of hex editing iirc, but guess no one bothered to google it themselves
>>
>>384626594
explain
>>
>>384626429
DEVILISH
>>
>be me about 14 or so
>playing D2
>enter open game on open battlenet with character I spent ages on
>stash is completely empty
>never got my sets and runes back
>>
>>384626796
it didn't happen, majority of cargo is lost if the ship is
so the collateral would have been so high that nobody would do the job
and you can't kill a freighter in high sec with just 5 cheap ships easily
>>
>>384622421
hacking adds another layer to the game. it's sort of like a puzzle. you try to figure out how to do things. eventually you run into other hackers then it is a competition between who has the better hacks. there's been games where hacker communities develop and compete like regular clans. you end up hacking each other's websites, writing hacks to protect your website

this is of course if you're actually making the hacks and not just downloading stuff

valve is greedy
>>
>A number of years ago
>Runescape, post GE but before EoC
>Friend links me to a youtube video with an obvious scam attached
>Video encourages people to download this guy's program and enter account info and it will then double your gold/items/whatever
>Download program
>Decompile
>He's sending their info to an email account, info isn't obfuscated
>Log into email account
>Hundreds of account logins
We spent a few days logging into them and stealing their shit, some of them we were able to change the recovery questions and hold onto to sell. Mostly the accounts were low level and broke but there was a few 1500+ total level ones in there (which confused the shit out of me, you would think someone like that wouldn't be falling for such a dumb scam)
>>
File: IMG_2851.jpg (77KB, 412x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2851.jpg
77KB, 412x480px
>>384622421
I hack in player unknown
I got it as a gift from a friend and the game is garbage, the community is so cancerous you can get people breaking their keyboards just by killing them

So I aimbot and wallhack and do just that, and call them bad over their dead bodies. These tryhards get so pissed, it's the best entertainment
>>
File: TFW.gif (1MB, 375x204px) Image search: [Google]
TFW.gif
1MB, 375x204px
>>384626687
Thats how old age sneaks up on you anon. You feel the same age but then notice how fucking young that people who're actually the age you feel like are.

Yesterday I almost called someone underage when he said he was 10 years old when Halo 2 came out.
>>
File: 1499439300528.jpg (11KB, 318x313px) Image search: [Google]
1499439300528.jpg
11KB, 318x313px
>>384627427
>get game
>decide to test old faithful software lagswitch
>banned in under 10 seconds
>>
Sort of a reverse scam I guess

>playing DS2
>invaded right outside Velstadt or w/e by red spirit
> invader starts dropping a shit load of gear
>was scared shitless they were gaining my trust to murder me
>turns out they were doing a no death run and died, so gave everything to some lucky person
>lucky person was me
>>
File: 1495557910992.jpg (186KB, 645x909px) Image search: [Google]
1495557910992.jpg
186KB, 645x909px
>>384593205
>mfw traded a hat away for a weapon I wanted to try out, because I gave absolutely 0 (zero) fucks
>>
File: dMecNcX[1].gif (152KB, 362x480px) Image search: [Google]
dMecNcX[1].gif
152KB, 362x480px
>all these scammers and scumbags
>>
>>384620735

>I miss being a kid and being that naive

when i was a kid playing runescape one guy walked up to me once and said something to the effect of

>hey you
>i remember you
>you don't remember me?
>you killed me once in the wildy
>but i'm gonna get my own back
>i know where you live
>listen for the doorbell

i spent an hour looking out of my window and shitting myself. i'm really fond of that memory because i miss being a dumb kid
>>
>>384624131
Yes.
vscape.wikidot.com
>>
Runescape is releasing a mobile version that is connected to the live game right now for Oldschool and Runescape 3.

Thoughts anyone still on thread?
>>
>sell my RS account for real money
>recover it
>repeat
>>
File: 1490214727213.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490214727213.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>384627839
>Use Cheat Engine
>Go into peoples games as invader
>Spawn impossible items that once picked up cannot be dropped
>These items are the fastest way to trigger FROM's shitty anti-cheat
>Victims save is now worthless unless they made a backup or don't give a shit about being banned
>>
>>384626794

Accidentally traded 200mil worth of stuff for an inventory of sharks after playing the game for 30 hours in a row. Jagex never banned the guy or gave me my stuff back.
>>
File: illegal_operation.jpg (50KB, 404x269px) Image search: [Google]
illegal_operation.jpg
50KB, 404x269px
>>384619586
>thinking I'll get arrested
>tfw I thought that every fucking time Windows 98 crashed with this error
>>
>>384628163
oh right, damn
>>
>>384628015
Was worried this was the case too, but my save was fine, never got banned. They were actually a decent human being.
>>
>>384615460
>BiS for Death Knights, Warriors, and Paladins regardless of spec
>materials to make the boots were 60k gold
>anyone paying 35k for any crafting in WotLK
>GM doing anything like that

Wanna guess how I know your story is bullshit?
>>
File: 1497177656360.jpg (78KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1497177656360.jpg
78KB, 640x640px
>>384593205
>be 8 or 9
>have full rune, rune boots, glory amulet and 50k cash
>see someone advertising a drop party
>"oh yay more free stuff" i thought
>follow the drop party guy carrying literally my entire fucking bank in value
>other person following him starts talking to me
>"wow you have some nice stuff anon"
>"yeah thanks i know" i reply
>suddenly can't move
>realise i've been stopped from moving
>start to see that i'm taking high damage from ice barrage spam
>it's the guy who was talking to me earlier
>we crossed into the wilderness without me even realising
>oh shit oh shit oh shit
>helpless to do anything other than cry and scream at computer
>die and lose everything except for 3 pieces of my rune set

Looking back at it now I'm positive the advertiser and the guy who killed me were working together, so I consider it to be a scam. I also fell for two separate trust trades some time before this happened. I was fucking retarded. I think it's why I'm so paranoid whenever I trade with anybody on any game now.
>>
>>384599212
I remember doing that.
>>
>>384626713
Yeah it was a long time ago I cant remember the exact details.
>>
>>384628229
I miss being a kid

This was a big part of it, along with stopping the brickster from destroying lego Island
>>
>>384599212
I used to make level 3 alts and pretend to be a noob, then ask really low-leveled (like 20 or 30) players to show me the way to Varrock because I was "new".
When I encountered a nice enough noob to let me follow him there, I'd give them 50k for their trouble.
Felt good man.
>>
>>384624131
Official OSRS got ruined by Grand Exchange and a hunch of other bullshit for convenience. I wouldn't bother unless if you're playing a private server.
Fucking casuals, I swear.
>>
>>384628504
Maybe your thinking or the Amazing Race of Mabinogi?
>>
>>384593205
>trick people into believing that dropping all your shit and pushing alt+f4 duplicated it

Dial-up days meant they had no fucking chance of logging back on before I half-inched it all.
>>
>comfy runescape on my ipad 12.9"
>never having to worry about wrist issues again
>>
>stumble upon a guy in a random corner outside Varrock that noone travels to
>he tells me to go away, not moving from the spot he's standing in
>realize he's drop trading and stand on his spot, clicking furiously
>eventually a full set up rune shows up with a scimitar, got half of it
Felt good man
>>
>>384628229
Reminds me of one of my friend's reactions in Diablo 2 when you talk to Cain after getting the Horadric cube:
>Cain: "You have quite a treasure in that Horadric cube!"
>Friend: "But it's empty!"
>>
>>384623447
I live next to this
>>
>>384628901
Upstairs in the archery shop was the prime spot to interrupt drop traders. It always amazed me that people would be brave/naiive enough to use a known location to drop trade.
>>
>>384595842
Holy fuck I did that very exact thing
>>
>>384624131
oldschool.runescape.com
>>
>>384628687
no the prize was some sort of robe if I recall
>>
>>384625580
This is legit something people used to do in real life.
>>
>>384593205
>playing RS back in '06
>at duel arena
>some pure with a bunch of rares that I meet says he'll give me a halloween mask if I get his main account members
>naively agree
>lets me log into his main account
>I get it membership
>come back to the guy
>he says "haha thanks!" then runs off, also adding me to his ignore list
>still logged into his alt as I'm dual-logging with another client
>run around the entire map advertising a botting site in chat
>then call a bunch of people niggers for good measure
>report the guy's character while logged into my character
>also do a chargeback on my credit card so I get my money back
>sleep soundly at night knowing the good ol' staff at Jagex likely banned him following a very limited investigation
>>
>>384629330
Hmm, was it pre elves and giants being added to the game?
>>
>>384593205
>play AO
>hear about other mmorpgs
>they are all dumbed down garbage
>continue playing AO
>>
>>384593205
Only time i ever scammed somedone
>2006 playing runescape
>Start shield of arav quest by joining phoenix gang
>Waiting outside wep storage for my bro
>Some kid a rune 2h walks by
>'Hey bro you want a full rune? This door leads to a full armor set'
>'sure'
>Trade key for rune 2h
>Run like hell to barbarian village
>Dude pm me asking me to give his sword back or else
>'lmao'
I actually felt bad afterwards because i thought it was the most expensive item in the game
>>
in WoW my friends and i saw a gambling bot in orgrimmar. it was a level 1 which would post a advertisement and instructions, basically you whisper it, it invites you to a party, then tells you to give it your bet money and roll. roll 60 and above or something like that and you'd get double your money

we tried it out, then a friend of mine tried /roll 60-100, of course he won, and it actually gave him his cash. so we did this a few times until we'd gotten maybe 400 or 500 gold out of it. then it said it was out of gold and would return with more. it logged off and didn't come back
>>
>>384629614
I remember there being elves but no gaints
>>
File: 1459082187865.gif (3MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
1459082187865.gif
3MB, 290x189px
>Tell people to go up the ladder into the treefort near the fishing guild
>Most players will get fucked in seconds if they didn't have ranged prayer on beforehand
>Go upstairs with ranged prayer on afterwards to go collect my human pinatas contents
>>
>runescape
>wearing gold trimmed rune armor
>"hey bro I'll trade you this guthix armor for that if you can accept faster than me" or something like that
>he puts up one of those GE boxes with a rune set
>back out of the trade because I was too slow
>eventually do it fast enough
>except this time he put up a box of dragonhide armor
>the picture is so small you can't easily tell the difference
>get upset at my loss but eventually suck it up.

I also had my RS account hacked before. I bought some of that elite black armor or whatever it was called off the GE and I guess some faggot thought I was loaded so he managed to get into my account and take anything valuable I had, which wasn't actually much at the time
>>
I remember not knowing what throwing knives were and betting my hard earned 50k it duel arena for whatever fucking reason and got wrecked.
I miss duel arena and fist of guthix
>>
>>384630025
Oh, then this was in the Korean servers. Not sure what event this was
>>
Popping people on D2 was hilarious
>>
>>384630773
Good ol hydras
>>
Can't remember if I was ever scammed.

I remember people telling me to do stuff but I was too afraid to do it because I knew I might lose something.

Someone tried to do that corpse drop thing but I loaded myself with junk gear from the vendor to see what would happen first
>>
File: 1482280853189.png (611KB, 780x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482280853189.png
611KB, 780x720px
I dunno if it was exactly scamming as much as it was preying on people's ignorance. I did eventually quit so I didn't lie.

>playing final fantasy 11 near the beginning
>every item in the game got exponentially more expensive as the level increases except accessories from a BCNM that only sold for 500-1000 gil each and was level 50ish
>make an alt and buy them out as soon as people posted
>every night before bed set up a bazaar pricing them all at 10,000 gil each
>shout 'quiting the game soon and getting rid of my stuff. please limit 2 per customer please'
>people would take a look and see level 50 items for 10,000 gil when normally level 50 items sell for 100,000+ gil
>instantly sell out, usually by some greedy fuck who ignores the 2 per customer thing
>they usually end up having to sell item on market house for 500 gil where I'm usually the one that buys it to resell
>>
Do I commit to OSRS? RS really was my kind of game but I'm just not to sure whether I want to take that long and hard path again.
>>
>>384631094
If you can find a shitty private server. The Official OSRS isn't the same game you remember, since the fanbase can vote on new things to be implemented to the game etc, so it has things like Grand Exchange.
>>
A friend of mine got scammed when I was over his house and his parents weren't home. It's incredible how much we cared about virtual shit when we were little. I'll never forget the hour of nervous breakdown I had to deal with while waiting for my lift home.
>>
I was a 10 yr old playing Runescape and this guy claims he's a Jagex mod through private messaging and asks me for my password. I give it to him like a moron, but I was poor and low-level. I recovered the account like three days after and find out he hadn't taken anything.
>>
File: cat.png (46KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
46KB, 320x320px
>>384631231
I don't mind G.E. since my favourite era was 2008-2010 but my biggest concern is that a lot of people who play it only play to be efficient to the max, every inch of the game has been worked out by now so lots of people run around maxed out and it takes away the rare feeling of it.
I see lots of new players which is good but I'm aware a lot of them are bots.
>>
>>384600956
>remember naming a character "Press Alt+F4 for TRICK" back then
people are still dumbasses. when xbox added voice controls, people named themselves "xbox turn off" and trolled retards in call of duty. eventually they would scream "omfg someone kick this xbox turn off guy wait nooo-"
>>
File: I got better.png (63KB, 150x244px) Image search: [Google]
I got better.png
63KB, 150x244px
>>384617648
>giving your account ID and password is a BANNABLE offense
>they accept scammers/thieves as part of a "healthy and realistic community"
Based France does it again
>>
>>384629036
Does Columba clean your house?
>>
>>384631952
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgieRaU7E1c
I hope that these aren't fake
>>
File: 1462072263619.png (67KB, 1456x1108px) Image search: [Google]
1462072263619.png
67KB, 1456x1108px
>on a bank alt in WoW at booty bay i use for the neutral AH
>notice an extremely cheap epic item, like a few silver buyout
>buy it
>a few more expensive items appear immediately after
>buy them
>realise then that i must have hit search as soon as some alliance player started putting up valuable items to be immediately bought by a friend on horde to transfer them between factions
>get a whisper from some random
>log off
>>
>>384632345
that was aggressively unfunny
>>
>tfw your friends used to scam people under varrock bank and never let you in on it
fuck you eddie i could have done a million times better than stephen you and your dumb santa hat scam
>>
Can someone explain what "doubling" in RS is?
I understand that you give someone gold and they'd say that they can double it, but if the person was going to give you gold then why would you give them any of your gold in the first place? I don't understand how anyone fall for this, unless I'm missing something. Were they claiming they knew how to use a glitch to double it or something?
>>
File: angery.png (139KB, 500x680px) Image search: [Google]
angery.png
139KB, 500x680px
>>384593205
>play runescape as a 10 year old
>decked out in pretty good gear at the time
>Full black with rune 2h, ruby ammy, and about 2m
>Some guy follows me
>Asks my name
>say name
>he logs out
>i get logged out
>password changed
>recovery doesn't work
>log onto another account
>laughs at me
>i cry for a week
>quit runescape

Learned my lesson, don't even know he got into my account with just my name. My password was decently hard to figure out
>>
>>384633258
What types of recovery are available? I never played Runescape so I don't know.
>>
>>384633156
Its a variation of "trimming armor" for gold.
>trade me 50k, 100k guaranteed friend!
>trades
>puts up the money
>second screen rips it away & replace it with something vaguely similar looking
>>
>>384633156
I've found it was usually people pretending to be
quitting the game and getting rid of their bank.
>>
>>384627952
Is this server good? How about other private servers? I was a poorfag nonmember back in 2006 and kinda want to experience the rest of the game now.
>>
this entire fucking thread

#justniggeractivities
r/shoplifting
>>
>>384633390
Random security questions really.

Hmm, probably figured out since we had a convo for a bit
>>
>>384633156
kids are dumb
>>
>>384593205
>play mu online
>see some guy in lorencia
>'excellent dragon stuff+13+28+dd+ref=2FT(Full trade) Bless
>trade him
>shows me the gear
>ok.jpg
>give him one fulltrade bless
>he disconnected
>souicide watch ever sence
>>
>>384622979
Did this with the colored clothes from the gnome stronghold. Buy them for 500 ea from the npc. 5k ea. People mostly bought the hats and tops for fashionscape. Cleared so much money.
>>
I remember making an account on osrs with a friend and we ran straight to the wildy to the lesser demons.
I would then pretend to be a jackass host and say something like "Hi, i'm Johnny Knoxville and this is kicking a Lesser Demon in the nuts".
>Kick Lesser, do 0 dmg
>Lesser hits me back for 90% of my health
>Run back to safe spot, my friend and I laughing our asses off

Also I used to pretype a death quote from Dynasty Warriors 3 and fight the first dude I see in wildy, just as I die I would have the text appear
>>
>>384633156
Something like that. Generally they gave you a small amount of gold, you doubled it, and eventually they gave you their entire inventory.
>>
>>384597446
In the Netherlands, it is becoming an increasingly bigger problem and it is speculated that these beggars are mostly Eastern Europeans who became a victim of human trafficking. A Dutch media outlet did an investigation on it and they uncovered that at the end of the day they all meet somewhere in public, after which a guy in a BMW shows up and collects all their money.
>>
File: 1489463126844.png (16KB, 109x123px) Image search: [Google]
1489463126844.png
16KB, 109x123px
Runescape in general taught me loads.
>wasn't allowed to play Runescape back in the day
>had to sneak into the study and play it at 4am every day just to grind
>Got so used to it that I didn't even need an alarm to get up at 4AM
10 years later and I can still wake up at ungodly hours without an alarm clock, it's crazy.
>>
>>384633446
It's terrible. I logged on and there were only 8 people online and all very high level
>>
>>384630625
Sorry i cant exactly remember the fine details, I could be remembering wrong.
>>
>>384599212
holy shit, this was wholesome

>be me, about to quit because asian mom
>want to give stuff away
>but not to filthy jews
>was dressed in full iron despite being lvl 69
>spam in al kharid or whatever that desert was that I wanted to get to the edge of the free world
>the place with the fences with "horizon" playing as bgm on the other side of the map
>did it for 20 minutes and one friendly guy takes me
>left click -> follow
>talked the whole way and he's pretty cool
>he also has basic gear on
>when we reach the end I thank him and he says no problemo
>remember some bible verse
>type out "what thy has done for the least of these, thy has done for me"
>give him full rune and like 300k
>>
>>384634640
Are there any good ones without shit like awful custom content or cash shops and the like?
>>
>>384634630
Runescape taught me more about economics and human nature than anything else in my life.

>>384634785
Yeah, it's called /v/scape, That other idiot has no clue what he's talking about.
>>
>>384623060
laughed harder than I should have
>>
>>384625580
>>guy runs up to me at half health, taking damage from dehydration
>>asks me if I have any spare water
>>deliberately take 15-20 seconds to say "No"
>>My character takes a big chug of water just as I type this
>>He panics and begins to run away

holy shit my fucking SIDES
>>
>>384616650
EO had 2 PvP zones

1 had traps and shit in it and was an actual dungeon

EO had a lot of secrets, and I'm sure V12 had that in it
>>
>Runescape is literally what taught you how ruthless and dog eat dog the world really is
>>
>>384621189
Holy fucking shit I did the same thing, you were probably the other person
>>
>>384629552
Actually, they probably saw it was a different IP than the one typically used to log in and assumed he was hacked. Especially if he put in a complaint about it.
>>
>Played RuneScape back in high school
>Used to have a ton of fun in my freshman year
>Had sleepovers with friends where we just played RuneScape all night
>I specifically really enjoyed fishing, it was my first skill to reach 99
>After reaching this milestone, I had thousands of raw sharks in my bank, worth millions of gp
>Decided to put up a PIN to be safe
>Quickly became really annoyed with it because I had to re-enter it everytime I logged on
>Too lazy to delete it
>All of the sudden RuneScape became 'uncool' and I was being made fun of for still playing it
>Decided to quit RuneScape shortly afterward when I reached my personal milestone: posessing a Santa hat
>Logged off for the final time in what would turn out to be months
>Months later, log in again
>Standing in the bank, nothing seems out of the ordinary
>Access bank
>PIN was one day away from being deleted
Turns out someone had somehow gotten ahold of my account details and fortunately could not access my bank because of the PIN. Somehow, I logged in just in time to stop him even though I hadn't logged in for months. I also found out my Santa hat tripled in value, so it was a good investment. I suspect it was an administrator from a botting website where I registered.
>>
File: varBank.png (124KB, 521x343px) Image search: [Google]
varBank.png
124KB, 521x343px
>>384628640
oh look it's another person who unironically enjoys this shit (pic related)
>>
>>384636448
Not him, but it did give a flea market vibe of trying to find a sweet deal
>>
>>384593205
No, because I am not an idiot and no, because I am not scum.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1774x879px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1774x879px
>>384593205
I made over 60 gold within 3 days just selling this easily obtainable item on a vanilla WoW server. But I stole some idiot's lockbox that he wanted me to unlock a couple weeks back and there's a quest up north for a Yeti Cape that requires a cape made by leatherworkers as part of it. People were selling it for 15 silver on the AH, bought one, and sold it to some idiot for 50
>>
>>384637047
People always forget that varrock and fally were for popular items only. And trying to sell/buy more obscure stuff was a fucking nightmare. Especially for quests which required nothing but.
>herblore section never had anyone with whiteberries so id always have to telly to elfland and run through that bullshit
>>
>>384637194
>He didn't get his whiteberries at red dragon isle
>>
>>384637319
>ah yes let me just tele to ardy, run to the lever, pray to arymadyl theres no one camping the net, run all the way down the gate, hope no ones camping there, then get pk'd by some random passing by
>>
>>384637539
>Armadyl
You mean the god that nobody knew or gave a fuck about until god wars because we got fuckall information during the quests about him?
>>
>>384637652
I just like birds, desu,
>>
Whats the most amount of money you've made from scamming people?
>>
>>384619163
>Be like 11
>Get hacked by falling for some stupid phishing site
>I had absolutely nothing
>The guy checks my bank in draynor, sees I don't have shit, walks over to the river, fishes for a few minutes, then logs out, then I change my password and log back in with a couple fishes in my inventory and everything else the same
>>
>>384638001
Ive never scammed because im not a kike or nigger.
Off some AFK loser at metal drags i looted dlegs when they were like 600k.
Then years later on OS someone died and i got a santa even though they were worthless then.
>>
>>384638001
Bread, shrimp, 25 gp, bucket, fishing net, air runes, mind runes, wooden shield
>>
>>384593205
>First real online game was Titan Quest
>Play it all the time, start collecting and trading sets
>"Hey Anon can you trade that chestplate, I need it for my set."
>Decline since it was part of what I was using
>"Oh well we can just dupe it, open up trade and just cancel right when I accept."
>Trade, hit cancel, it's gone from inventory
>Realize right here he could've just lied to me to get it
>Tell him to give it back
>"Oh you didn't get it? Alright trade back we'll try again."
>It actually fucking works and the item dupes
Not really a scam story, but it was the thing that made me realize that people could lie on the internet. From then on I never took risks with potential scams.
>>
>>384593205
I know the thread is basically dead but scammed about 200,000 lindens by stealing land on the teen grid. was worth it.
>>
>>384612426
>was very young
>playing with friend
>decide to log into his acc acc one day and guess his password windows
>he has 16k after working his ass for it
>freak out and decide o steal it
>drop it in the wildy
>login my acc and for some reason there was a guy there with some rune gear, destroys me and takes the 16k
>go back to school act like nothing happened
He actually got suspicious so I showed him my bank to prove him wrong kek
>>
>>384595365
Elaborate please.
>>
>>384639702
how does that work
>>
>>384640330
Certain places in runescape require a light source to see and be safe or you start taking insane dps.
>>
Back in my early teens on Runescape I got lead into the wildy by a guy promising treasure and shit, got my ass PK'd.

That day, young and innocent me lost his trust in people.
>>
File: 1420825328964.jpg (183KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1420825328964.jpg
183KB, 894x894px
>playing on some rp gta sa:mp server
>need some cash
>friend of ours hasn't logged in for nearly 2 years
>have his pass since he once logged into my hosted server which locally stored account details as plaintext
>log into his account and loot it completely
>he comes online literally the next day announcing that he is back for good
>already spent the money, have to tell him what I did
>tells me he is really disappointed in me but forgives me
valuable lesson learned that day
>>
>>384641185
>rich friend bought me addy(G) and a gmaul for getting att level
>get lured and lose it

sorry bigfatmoose ;-;
>>
Not much of a scam but bad circumstances.
>Grill
>Be me, worked my ass off for a blue phat.
>Banking and some noob keeps pestering me to trade
> Out of nowhere some guy glitches himself into Draynor bank

>"My sincerest regrets, dear lady"
>Death song plays

Found the fucker after with my phat equipped. Quit that day
>>
>Hey can you hold my money and give it to my main?
>sure
Gave that money back to he's main.
>>
>>384641931
I was there
>tfw I never did get my natz
>>
I don't know if you can actually call it scaming but I had a bot for final fanatasy 14 and there was a private chat for said bot where people made groups to kill shit with teleport hacks or farm dungeons all night long for an ingame currency that you can then trade for crafting materials. When I quit the game I reported the whole private chat and every single person in it, they all got permanently banned while the GMs gave me a one week suspension since I basically busted a whole group of botters.
>>
File: 1488656761201.png (263KB, 1024x439px) Image search: [Google]
1488656761201.png
263KB, 1024x439px
>>384620179
Ah on that note I must get this off chest
> early "gameshare" PS3 days. Like 5 accounts can all leech each others games
> one guy had my account, I had his
> months in he had to send his PS3 in to get fixed or something so asked me to delet account
> k
> soon see he still swapping shit like a slutty bitch still having my account presumably (no option to reset linked online then)
> gets me banned for a week wheni try to log back into his PSN
> nigga you broke the code
> email password also "meteora"
> dick picks to Craigslist whore, forward to everyone in his contact list
> some distraught email about me being a cruel bastard follows
Maybe it was a bit too far, but I was enjoying Lumines, SotN, FFVII, and shit
Sorry, DarkerZen
>>
>>384641931
The wise old man questlines were so good
>>
>>384640941
Didn't you only drop items on death in Wildy or was it just you could only be PVP killed in Wildy and you dropped items on death anywhere?
>>
>>384643886
you can only be pvp killed in the wildy but if you die anywhere you drop everything on your person except for your 3 most valuable items and you have ~5 mins to go back and get it or anyone can go get it
>>
>>384643886
Before gravestones it was universal besides instances that were mostly quest bosses.
Gravestones came and you then had 1-5 minutes. And people could bless it to extend it to 30.
Then jagex caved to casuals and you could no longer loot, and they made a lot of things instanced.
>>
>>384593205
I never got scammed but that's simply because I'm not stupid and I'm wary of others. I don't understand, don't your parents ever told you not to trust stranger? It seems kind of obvious. All I did in Runescape was increase my smithing and mining and give shit for free because I didn't need money.
>>
>>384644114
>>384644164
Ah thanks I haven't played in like 14, 15 odd years.
>>
>>384644786
Smithing in runescape is such a stupid skill because while you are super high in a smithing level the armor you make is shit tier and a waste of time. Mining is good though
>>
>>384645478
they actually fixed smihing in RS3 with invention, which should have been a thing way back when HD released.
>>
>>384638137
Kek what a nice scammer
>>
>>384628602
Had something similar happen to me recently while fishing at the Barbarian Village on world 1.
Except the guy was level 90, and was asking for directions to Edgeville. Everyone fishing there started making fun of this faggot, and I was saying he probably bought his account. He logs out, and back in wearing some members shit, I don't remember what, and starts getting mad saying shit like, I wanted to do something nice for you noobs blah blah blah.
Funny shit. Reminded me that 99% of members are pure cancer.
>>
>>384622130
I logged in for the first time in 6 years about 2 years ago. Everything was so strange lookkng and my friends list was full of names that I did not know. I haven't logged in since then.
>>
I used to scam in maplestory after I got scammed once
>advertise buying maple weapons for 111111
>tell them to trade fast or you will cancel the trade
>offer 11111 instead
>>
File: 1468433760533.jpg (52KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1468433760533.jpg
52KB, 640x640px
>>384622421
>hacking in gta online
>me and a few other bros that I met in the session are on a flying rainbow bus
>jamming out and cracking jokes over voice chat
>making it snow and giving the good boys and girls money
>having a good time
>xXSasuke_Uchina13Xx: *sigh*... filthy modders. I'll take care of this. I've already reported you, time to take care of things.
>as he starts shootings rockets at our bus I freeze him
>land the bus and give him money
>all of us walk towards him jerking off
>kick him
>didn't get banned lol
>>
>>384619043
>tfw typing stars yourself and saying "Woah"
>tfw typing something stupid and irrelevant and watching them log out trying to raid your account.
>>
File: 1423433038580.png (81KB, 1248x1504px) Image search: [Google]
1423433038580.png
81KB, 1248x1504px
>2005
>constantly looking for ways to make money
>cared more about getting money than playing the game
>advertise "looking for work will do anything!!" in Seer's Village bank
>guy says "follow me"

>we travel north to the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon
>I was one of those retard who wears their armor and weapon EVERYWHERE
>first room of the cave
>"okay we gotta kill these things for herbs"
>cave crawlers, but my dumbass had no idea

>immediately poisoned
>sweating bullets and shitting bricks, immediately start running back to Seer's
>make it to the agility shortcut near Sinclare Mansion before the guy, following me, says "its cool trade me your stuff I'll get it back to u"
>panic and do so without any suspicion
>die, respawn in falador, guy immediately goes offline
>lost full adamant, a granite maul, and my dignity

it wasn't much, and I'm much better off now, but it still haunts me
>>
>playing velvet sundown: the stupidest game in the world
>convince a guy that he needs to give me the 100k suitcase
>i was actually the bad guy
>taze him
>he threatens to hunt me down and kill me
>says he's getting my IP address as we speak
>"i will come from russia and kill u"
>all this said through the text-to-speech thing
>got perma-banned from velvet sundown
>>
>>384647114
>*sigh* I'll take care of this
Were you playing with CWC?
>>
>>384647478
Cave crawlers were always weird to me, strong poison on such a low level monster.
>>
File: 1500360580049.jpg (14KB, 280x255px) Image search: [Google]
1500360580049.jpg
14KB, 280x255px
>>384647664
The only people who can't handle other people having a romp with a modder are autists.
>>
File: 1444377668621.png (30KB, 153x334px) Image search: [Google]
1444377668621.png
30KB, 153x334px
>>384593205
>12 years old or so
>save up for weeks and get my first rune component, a chainbody
>feel like a fucking god
>promptly lose it like a chump in a trust scam
>bawl my eyes out hard, feel the sting of being backstabbed for the first time in my entire life
>after that I never get scammed again

Runescape taught many kids about the importance of being suspicious.
>>
I have one distinct memory on Runescape and it's this:
>Sign on, just fucking around, home alone on a friday as a young lad, best night possible
>Make cool friend
>Ask him "what does idk mean"
>I don't know
>Oh, ok
>He watches me walk around asking people "what does idk mean" like a retard
>30 minutes of this question and "I don't know" answers
>Eventually he tells me "Dude...it means I don't know".
>Log off and feel like an idiot for days
>>
>>384593205
twice
The first time I was 14 and the second time I was 19
it was 8 months ago
I learned to never take shortcuts.
Life turned around after realizing that.
>>
>>384648036
how did you get scammed at 19?
>>
Lame, but there was that f2p quest with pirates that gave you some (I think uncut) gems. Guy offered to cut them or something when I asked how, traded them, and he logged off. Learned a valuable lesson that day, I was 12 I think and it was 2007, ended up playing till GE was released and quit around lvl 107 when cap was 126. Still have the account and log in sometimes.
Never was scammed again, but I cried to my dad and he basically called me a faggot.
>>
Did anyone else play the marketplace when they were a kid? Back when barrows was released I had round 100m through clever trading in falador(?) above the bank. Since the area was filled with players you could buyout items off ppl in one area, run to the other side and sell there at a higher price. I was the merchant in my group of to friends and was always asked for money. Coincidently I now work in banking, who knew.
>>
>TF2
>yeah bro i'll login to your account for earbuds
>take his shit and leave
>>
>>384621189
>>384621647
>playing Runescape
>meet cute gril
>i think its a gril
>we hang out all the time killing gobbos in East Lumbridge
>we go down beneath the graveyard
>do the kiss emote
>she does it back
>we do this for a solid minute without even saying anything
>finally talk again and ask her if she likes anyone
>she says she likes a guy but he's probably 10 (that guy was me and I was 13 at the time)
>find out she's a Mormon (probably lived in Utah too)
>eventually she doesn't log back on
>her name is gone from friends list (maybe she deletd her acc?)
I'll always remember you as my first rs gf, wispy_hollow
>>
>>384648121
leave me the fuck alone, anon
>>
Well it wasn't really a scam buy
>Play Flyff
>Walk around in Darken city very early in the morning to see the shops and see someone with something like "Flying bike 200M" (Cashshop bike)
>Look at his shop
>It was listed at 20M
>Buy it
>Guy PM a few minute later asking me to give him the bike back
>Don't reply and fly around with my new bike

Good times.
>>
>>384649228
Now you have to tell us.
>>
>>384648637
>(((Cohencidentally)))
>>
>>384593205
I scammed enough people out of unusuals in TF2 to afford a 250 steam game library.
The sad part is, i don't even remember the people, just the hats i stole
I say its sad cause i did it by acting like their best friend, then telling them its my friendship or their hat. They chose me, then i blocked them
>>
>>384649894
Samefag here, if anyone wants to know my method, i would go to a furry community server and find the loneliest people possible and play with them a lot over a week, then impose the ultimatum
>>
i still vividly remember what made me cry when i was 13 around 12 years ago. anyone want to hear my pathetic story that involves al kharid?
>>
>>384650552
Ye
>>
Lost an abyssal whip.
I was playing on a shitty internet connection, and I was 9.
>>
File: laughing rockets.jpg (12KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
laughing rockets.jpg
12KB, 261x193px
>Pokemon Y
>remember how many gullible children are playing the game
>Know a bunch of these little shits have nothing else to do but trade
>make a bunch of magikarp eggs in the daycare
>catch a smeargle and name it "Hacked mew egg"
>Start up trades
>Plop the smeargle up then take it down before putting a magikarp egg on
>guy puts up a shiny yveltal
>we trade
>end the trading session and start up a new one with someone else
>get a bunch of shiny legendaries and shinies with masterballs and a bunch of other shit
>The first guy sends me a trade request
>Deny it
>He spams these trade requests
>Continue to ignore him
>A bunch of other people start doing the same
>Turn off the online function and dont go back online for like a month
>Still have 4 boxes filled with stolen pokemon in my PC
>>
>>384650585
ok
>new to the game somehow made a friend that made me full steel when i had poorfag bronze
>i never saw him online after that so i had the full steel plate armor with scimmy and kite shield and i was pretty low lvl
>trained at the palace in al kharid with food bought from the kebab npc
>i could hold my own but some player kept closing the door on me when i tried to leave the room
>he let me out and i decided to keep training. he somehow noticed my hp was getting low so i saw him outside
>keep on getting "that tasted dodgy" trying to heal up
>try to run out but faggot closed door on me
>die to al kharid warriors because no food and door was closed
>run back to my bones and all my shit i dropped were gone
>only had my scimmy platebody znd something else left
>was too poor to buy stuff back
>all that i picked up were my bones and blue cape
i was incredibly upset back then. i had a shitty Pentium 2 pc with dial up
>>
>>384648121
I've always thought Craig's scam from Malcolm in the Middle would work wonders in real life.

It's fucking genius.
>>
>>384651501
ofc thread is dying once i post my greentext
>>
>>384651502
elaborate
>>
>>384651502
It's been too long since I last watched that show, mind telling more?
>>
>>384595365
gg that was me
>>
>>384652971
>>384653037
Pretending to be a girl online to get horny guys in the area he wanted to go to to pay travel fares for them in return for coming over and having sex.

Of course he just got off the bus and walked because the guy wasn't looking for a fat 40 year old neckbeard even if he came to the station.
>>
>>384602371
there actually is but i'm not telling the name so it doesn't get /v/ermin on it
it's even better than runescape since there is no faggot magic
>>
>Diablo 2 lod back in the days
>Im a young little shit with very limited knowledge about game economy, builds and english
>finally get2 ists and Im proud of this hard work due to I didnt know what was good
>stupid as I am someone offered me an annie for it
>he swaps it out for a mephisto soulstone before accepting
>the stone has the same skin as the annie so I didnt notice it
>I fell for it
now always check trade offers.
>>
>>384599785
>Steam will never do fun stuff like coal ever again
I guess they don't want to deal with all the jewing. Also while everything being the "real sale" price now is nice I do miss hoping to god a game I wanted was going to be on the flashes
>>
this isn't a scam story but still pretty funny.

>playing on a maplestory private servers (mapleroyals)
>quitting player tells me of a dupe glitch
>I'm skeptical but try it out and it actually works, insanely well.
>I abuse the living FUCK out of it
>perfect all my gear and chaos some sick gloves/capes/etc
>get to level 50 as a sin, hitting 4k crits, get bored since it's a shitty low rate server
>start passing out my duped gear and items
>eventually make a 1 meso shop with stacks of ws/chaos, and a bunch of perfect gear
>of course the gm's freak out and ban me
>they fucking ban everyone else who I gave the gear or items to (which is like 15 people)
>rollback the server like 3 days
>too retarded to fix the dupe glitch so they remove the most used PQ (cpq) which everybody did to level
>however I had a filthy rich friend who had a bunch of my shit, they didn't ban him since they assumed he was legit (yeah with my stacks of WS and chaos lol)
>I rat him out and get him banned

yep I'm a douche but it was fun

the server was run by faggots who never even fixed the glitch after 3+years. even though they removed CPQ you could stilll do it fairly easily.
>>
>>384654118
>>however I had a filthy rich friend who had a bunch of my shit, they didn't ban him since they assumed he was legit (yeah with my stacks of WS and chaos lol)
>>I rat him out and get him banned

I don't understand why you did this
>>
>>384625580
DEVILISH
That gave me a good chuckle
>>
>standing around lumby one day bored, asking if anyone wanted a friend
>guy responds, tells me he'll be my friend
>he pms me and tells me he'll give me a high level account if I told him my password
>9-10 year old me buys this, tells him password
>he tells me another account's info
>log into it, it actually works
>get logged out shortly after
>wtf, try to log into my account, password has been changed
>he changed password to my account, and the account he was supposed to give me
>lose account I had been playing since I was 6
>cry and quit Runescape for good
About 2 years ago I recovered the account, but Jagex says it's in debt and owes them like $50 so I can't play unless I pay it.
>>
>>384654118
>>384654554
didn't mean to say he was my friend, he was just the person I duped with. for the glitch to work you needed two people.
>>
>playing habbo hotel as 14y old me
>make a character called dew123
By the time I played you could order stuff by sending txt message saying "chair2" and it ordered one chair for your account. Dont remember the actual details how it knew it to be your account
>they changed it so you could order only coins tocyour charactee by typing "username coinamount"
>tell people its broken you can ordee dew machine by typing "dew123 100"
>got hundreds of coins this way.
>>
>>384622421
It's about pretending to be le epic master troll
>>
>>384650096
I was gonna call you a scumbag but fucking over furries is always commendable
>>
>>384652698
Get over yourself.
>>
>>384628368
This, the mats for saronite stompers weren't even 5k gold
>>
>>384593205
I just got noobs to follow me into the wilderness where my friend and I would kill them.

My friend was more of a conman and would whisper to the target that they were going to team up and betray me. So our target would attack me, get the skull so he loses everything, and then we'd kill him.
Thread posts: 370
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.