[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legend of Zelda Reboot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

Would you play a cinematic reboot of The Legend of Zelda where Link was an old man with a beard and had to teach his son how to become a hero?
>>
>>384592014
>Would you play a cinematic reboot
kys
>>
Just play god of war.
>>
>>384592014
Why are they so many fags who want to make Zelda all about story?
>>
>>384592014
Absolutely fucking not.
>>
>>384592014
Thats Zelda you dumb fuck
>>
>>384592014
That wouldn't really be a Legend of Zelda game then, would it?

Just because you have the same characters and world doesn't make it the same series. If you totally throw out the core experience, you may as well have a totally different IP.
>>
Why would it need a reboot when all of the games do their own thing already?
>>
>>384592832
Maybe he believes in that marketing pitch for an artbook.
>>
>cinematic
no
>>
>>384592014
Nope. But i would play one where he is an old man.
>>
File: 1496708876340.jpg (443KB, 2600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496708876340.jpg
443KB, 2600x1200px
>>384592014
>nu-male zelda
lmao
>>
>>384592014
>cinematic reboot
I'd rather have HD versions of the cd-i games than that.

On the other hand, playing as a older link, or maybe even the fallen hero from twillight princess would be pretty cool.
>>
>>384592014
I wish they had shown Link's father in BotW instead of just mentioning him. He was in the royal guard so they could've been a little more prominent. At least show him by the King's side in a flashback or show him and Link training together. Something. I'm curious about him.
>>
>>384592014
>cinematic
>old man
>witcher clone

I'd rather throw myself into an acid pool.
>>
>>384593110
You are an idiot.
>>
>>384593041
You just did, Link is about 120 years old in BotW.
>>
File: botw-ca-08__large.jpg (129KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
botw-ca-08__large.jpg
129KB, 1000x750px
Cinematic? No. But I would love to play the original concept for BotW where Link is an older guy who lost one of his arms and gets a prosthetic Deku arm that transforms into all sorts of shit as he fights off aliens.
>>
>>384592014
We've been over this. Link has to be a young male for lore reason. He is the embodiment of courage. A small boy or young man with no chances of success going against great evil despite of it all is what courage is. An old man has too much life experience to have the same effect. Making him an old man is literally on the same level as making him female.
>>
>>384593041
The whole idea of the Legend of Zelda is that Link is young, inexperienced and hugely out of his depth against an opponent who is more powerful than him in every way. Link has to have courage and perseverance and the willingness to throw himself into deadly situations he doesn't know he can come out of alive, in order to succeed. If you make link a grizzled old dude, he already HAS power; experience and skill that has kept him alive this far. This fundamentally goes against the design and core engagement fantasy of the series and makes it a contest of power vs. power, rather than power vs. courage.

>>384593110
>Greeks
Uhh... You DO know exactly how much homosexuality there was in ancient Greece, right? And it's interesting that you posted mostly warriors for ancient white man (with the exception of one professional model), as opposed to a bunch of trash no-one cares about for the modern day. A fairer comparison would be professional soldiers and white models from today.

Oh wait though... That would mean not mindlessly screaming rhetoric just to get a reaction and actually thinking critically about things for once in your life, not to mention you couldn't feel better about yourself, as you'd have to compare yourself to actually successful guys, rather than disgraces to the gene pool.
>>
>>384593681
Yo, they're copying adventure time now?
>>
File: 512x512bb.jpg (46KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
512x512bb.jpg
46KB, 512x512px
>>384593829
>Old men can't be brave
Tell that shit to Santiago.
>>
>>384593810
That would've been amazing..but of course they go for feminine trap link instead
>>
GODDESSES

WHERE IS ZELDA'S SON?
>>
>>384594119
It's not so much that they cannot be brave, but that them being brave is due to experience, not courage in the face of the unknown.
>>
>>384593840
Zelda doesn't HAVE to follow strict rules. You can make link old and still have him be inexperienced. He could live peacefully in a village, where he's never faced any real danger.

It's really not impossible to have him be old. And if you really think it is, and goes against the lore, then fuck the lore. If breaking the lore, means getting something new, then I'm down.
>>
>>384593110
guys on the bottom are so fucking ugly holy shit, brown people ruin everything
>>
>>384592014
God no, what's the point of Zelda if it was some cinematic bearded gruff as Link?
The point of Zelda was the fantasy adventure aspect. That's why many have fondness for ALttP, OoT, WW and even TP.
>>
>>384594570
found the mad white boi
post your face and I guarantee that you're not a third as handsome as them
>>
>>384594527
When you think 'old dude' you either assume
>Old and helpless and unable to do anything
>Old and a grizzled hardass
An inexperienced young man still has the ability to leap into action; still has energy and drive. An inexperienced OLD man has nothing going for him; he can only be a victim, or struggle in vain.

This is only 50s-60s old by the way. I spent two weeks in a hospital bed next to a Polish WW2 veteran; great man in his day and even into his twilight years, but by 2016, he was senile and feeble. It was honestly heartbreaking to see him barely recognise his son or grand-children...

Now remember, something 'new' does not always equal something 'good'. If you turned tLoZ into a modern military FPS, it'd be 'new' but you certainly wouldn't consider it a Zelda game! Besides, I'm not even talking about the lore here. I'm talking about the key engagement for why people play these games; the central message they are trying to get across!
>>
>>384594296
It's the courage to keep fighting despite the weakness of old age. Old men can be brave because they KNOW they're not the heroes they once were. An old man doesn't KNOW that he'll win, worse he KNOWS that he would have won if he was younger and stronger.

An old man's experience is coupled with his knowledge of his own weakness. Children don't know how strong they are because they've never been tested. Old men don't know how strong they are because their weakness hasn't been tested.
>>
>>384595097
fucking niggers
>>
>>384595367
Alright, now red pill me on why Zelda can or can't be the main character in her own franchise?
>>
>>384595374
No, you don't get it. Old men are brave by default. They're either brave or they're not a hero. For the lore to work, the hero has to be an inexperienced young male. The embodiment of wisdom has to be a young female, who gains wisdom from those who shares her namesake before her. If Link was an old man, he'd posses power, not courage.
>>
>>384595674
You know what, I'd be fucking down for a game where Zelda witch has to save Link, or two games with concurrent narratives where both attempt to save the other.
>>
>>384595674
>>384595852
But this is wrong on so many level. You're actively forcing a person into a role for the sake of diversity but in reality, pretty much belittling that role. Take Zelda in Skyward sword. She actively journeyed to gain knowledge of the goddess so she can stem the tide of darkness. By trying to fit her into the "journey around the world and go through dungeons" role, you're essentially saying the "stem the tide of darkness" role isn't important, while it is just as important as Link's role. See, true diversity doesn't come from forcing people to do things that are done by other people, but in recognizing that different tasks have equal importance in the larger scheme of things.
>>
File: Link_Artwork_3_(Majora's_Mask).png (2MB, 1580x1918px) Image search: [Google]
Link_Artwork_3_(Majora's_Mask).png
2MB, 1580x1918px
>>384592014
Why do people want Link to be a old man so much? He works much better as a child/teen
>>
>>384592014
Id play another BOTW with better cinematics but keep them minor

Story would be something like the original Link of that story is killed by ganon and a new Link grows up in his world and slowly learns about what he has to do. Also kill off Links entire family. And uh kill Zelda as well so Ganon has two pieces of the triforce
>>
>>384595830
>No, you don't get it.
>Old men are brave by default.
>If Link was an old man, he'd posses power, not courage.

Ironically, I think you've got a sophomoric understanding of courage. The reason old men are brave is that they KNOW they're weak. It's about loss. As an old man, Link would have LOST his power, and he would have the knowledge of what he was once capable of to compare to his limits now. The courage of old age is in never giving up, no matter how hard the battle is. That's why Santiago is courageous. Everything is more difficult in old age, and it takes greater courage to keep getting up.
>>
>>384595852
Oh, great. You want Link to be a weak male and your waifu to be the powerful female who saves him.
>>
>>384592014
>cinematic reboot

Fuck off
>>
>>384595674
>>384595852
The whole thing is meant to be held in balance.
>Ganon has power to achieve his goals, but no wisdom to direct it or restrain himself and no courage to sacrifice for the sake of others
>Zelda is wise enough to direct events and try to avert calamity; but she lacks the power to stop it directly, or the courage to try in spite of the odds against her
>Link is brave enough to put his life on the line for everyone. He has no wisdom to stop his reckless charge and little power with which to achieve things without great struggle and sacrifice

Now think of the characters that embody these virtues. Think of how they look and are presented. Ganon is huge, full of wrath and menace. Zelda is pure and dainty. Link is smaller than Ganon in stature, but always a young man full of fire.

The way a character looks is visual shorthand for what we can expect from them. Sure, you can have a princess who is surprisingly an ass-kicker, but she always rips her skirt, or ties her hair up to give you the visual clue of, "Aha, you thought it was a damsel, but it was I, a badass!" The story of the Legend of Zelda wouldn't work if she was the active participant. She, a gentle, feminine character, represents what both active parties (Ganon and Link) want. Ganon wants her wisdom to give him direction and means to use his power. Link wants that wisdom to better serve the world and is acting on the player's belief that something as inherently for the common good should not be controlled by one man.

You can deride these as cliches, or 'sexist' if you wish, but really, they are pulling upon the idea of archetypes and symbolism to deliver their narrative without hitting you in the face with exposition.
>>
>>384592014
As someone who never played a single Zelda or God of War game, but loved The Last of Us, absolutely yes.
>>
>>384595097
Those guys are hardly good looking anyway.
>>
>>384596534
Old men aren't weak though. A man headed into his hundredth battle requires less courage than a man headed into his first. Power comes with age. Courage is in youth.
>>
>>384592014
This whole thread is just about how stupid the God of War reboot is and I have to wonder if everyone is in on the joke or not
>>
>>384596853
Nobody else gets it. You deserve a firm slap on the bottom. Great work.
>>
>>384592767
If Triforce Heroes can be a Zelda game, anything can be one.
>>
File: 1500511699171.png (150KB, 346x254px) Image search: [Google]
1500511699171.png
150KB, 346x254px
In order for Nintendo to cater to the SJW audience, the next Zelda game will make Link a female. King Zelda needs Link to rescue him from mistress Ganondorris.
>>
>>384593810
Please let this be the sequel.
>>
>>384596838
>Old men aren't weak though.
This is your youth talking. Despite what anime has taught you, old men are weak. As a man ages he feels the power slipping from his limbs. He can't run as fast. He can't lift as much weight. His joints hurt. His vision begins to fade. This is the weakness of old age. And all the experience of his youth is worth less in battle because he can't fight like he used to. Knowing that you've never been weaker and having the experience to know just how impossible your task is, yet standing against that impossibility anyway IS courage of the highest order.
>>
Throughout the years I wonder how many times we've had this topic with that same damn image
>>
>>384596853
>>384597098
Except it's not really the same thing. God Of War's key engagement and message was never the same as the Legend of Zelda's. I agree that the direction for the story is dumb as shit, but Kratos' motivation (as much as the angry ball of temper-tantrums had one) was always based in the death of his family, so having a new family to protect and nurture with the values he believes are important is at least a little related to that.

>>384597719
I really wish this wasn't true. My grandmother, grandfather, multiple great-aunts and uncles... Even my dad... Every time I see them, I can just tell how much they're slipping and how soon they might not be here anymore... Even a fit man in 50s is going to tire sooner than a fit man in his early 20s.
>>
>>384592014
>Son
You know it's going to be a black "daughter"
>>
>>384592014
But the son is Prince Zelda and isn't Link's biological son.

I'd love to see a Zelda game where Ganon impregnates Zelda and when the baby is born, it's officially part of the Hylian Bloodline.

This is the only way for Ganon to become a true King of Hyrule.
>>
>>384597965
do you even care about video games anymore?
>>
>Would you play a cinematic

no
>>
>>384594251
TINGLE! WHERE HAVE YOU TAKEN MY WIFE'S SON, GANON? HE IS NAMED AFTER HIS FATHER.
>>
File: Xak_Tree.png (298KB, 383x297px) Image search: [Google]
Xak_Tree.png
298KB, 383x297px
>>384598276
Once the baby is born, it will take 25 years for the child to come into power.
>>
Would a game developed by fromsoft+nintendo+monolith with the style of pic be good?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.