[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your tells for when to quit playing a game, /v/? Would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: a week of continuous grinding.png (204KB, 435x430px) Image search: [Google]
a week of continuous grinding.png
204KB, 435x430px
What are your tells for when to quit playing a game, /v/?
Would you still call it enjoyment when you play because you don't feel like doing anything else in particular?
Do you immediately quit if you don't feel the purest joy out of playing something? Actually, do you even require to be in a smiling mood to call your time with a game enjoyable?
Or do you sit there in front of your screen, with no particular way of thought, no particular sense of happiness, just "being", and playing a game because it's what you feel like doing?
>>
I operate on a subconscious three strike rule
>>
>>384589627
I quit when the game feels more like a chore than fun. Your pic is very related
>>
>>384589627
I quit playing when a game either doesn't actually feel fun, doesn't test my skill in any decent way (I can't enjoy dungeon crawling hack and slash games and shit for this reason) or when the game has absolutely bullshit retarded mechanics that make the experience meaningless. Like having rubber banding AI in a driving game, or enemies level scaling like in oblivion. Oh, and if a game has a mechanic that's vital, but it doesn't fucking explain it, it's dropped.
>>
For MMOs its:
>When the realization sets in that im logging in to keep up with dailies to stay relevant, rather than just to have fun
>When I've lost all significant feeling of progress besides tiny numerical gains rather than new content
>>
>>384589627
nigga you're playing bdo wrong. Don't 'continuous grind'. Do life skills, afk fish, whatever. Don't burn yourself out killing sausens for 16 hours a day for a week.
>>
File: 1447183482248.png (98KB, 461x345px) Image search: [Google]
1447183482248.png
98KB, 461x345px
>>384589852
This is exactly what happened to me when I was playing SMT IV; I just got bored of constant grinding demons, fusing demons, fighting demons with occasional plot in between.
Especially when you don't know their last skill and you often grind some useless demon for an hour to find out his last skill is shit.

Yes, I know I can check all demons on the interwebs but still this game is a fucking chore.

Also, MMOs. No matter how much time you spend on it there is always a thousand guys better than you in every way.
>>
I lose all desire to play a game once I beat the main story. Sometimes I try to get around this by prolonging the game and doing side missions, but that does backfire every now and then when I grow to burned out to even finish the main quest.
For me i feel like why keep playing the same game I've already beaten when I can just move on to something new and potentially great.
>>
>>384589627
I think it's fine to be able to play a game "if you don't feel like playing anything else". Once you play it just to do the daily login stuff, you should be looking at whether you're enjoying your time or not.
There are days I don't play Warframe because I really don't feel like running missions that day, regardless of daily login or sortie rewards. Same with MxM, I have to be in a certain mood for a moba, usually drunk.

If you have to force yourself to play a game, or force yourself to do anything, you should really reconsider your choices of entertainment.
>>
>>384592340
Yeah dailies ruined MMOs
>>
>>384589627
The only time that I really remember actively quitting a game was Mass Effect 1. I love the game, don't get me wrong, but I wanted to get to level 60. It took 3 playthroughs to get to level 59. And the amount of experience to get from 59 to 60 was equal to an entire playthrough's worth of experience. NOPE.
>>
>>384589627
Diablo 3 player here.

As my game for solo play and a time sink, I just like casting two spells and entire rooms of enemies explode into blood. I could care less about PoE/D3 debates, people saying I'm a blizzard shill, or any of that. I just like seeing demons die in vast quantities. I actually wish Diablo had some sort of daily system or something so I actually had goals other than just to get Primals or push Grifts, which is both boring.
>>
I time it on a clock, I force myself to play a game 5 hours each day until it ends.

Although I don't usually enjoy the experience I'm still glad I played through the game and can talk about it with other people.
>>
File: 2017-07-18_33001673.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-18_33001673.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>384595026
That's just fucked up. Are you at least backlogging?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.