[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is better, Overclocked or Record Breaker?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

Which is better, Overclocked or Record Breaker?
>>
>>384584745
Overclocked byfar
>>
>>384584745
Story - overclocked
Gameplay - Record Breaker
The difference isn't huge
>>
>>384585862
second post best post
>>
I believe you can see my reasoning
>>
>>384584745
Overclocked

Outside of record breaker's awful characters it just doesn't feel like you're trying to survive. You're given food, water, electricity, shelter and the majority of shit you do is just hanging out with people despite the world ending. And it's way too fucking easy to boot. Agility attacks are broken and barely anything resists/nulls/drains/reflects physical attack.
>>
>>384584745
what >>384585862
said

Fem Yamato being the focus of the latter half of the expansion was horrible
>>
Overclocked whoops the absolute shit out of DeSu2 in every way.

The only thing the sequel has over the first is some minor QOL changes to combat, but it's mostly the same.
>>
>>384588658
I would not call improved Social Links, upradable Racial Skills and constantly challenging difficulty (first one is mostly easy as fuck with sudden peaks all over the place) minor changes.
>>
Going on a bit of a tangent here, but would you lads recommend the devil survivor titles to someone who's only played the mainline SMT and Persona games?
>>
>>384590162
Sure. They're fine entries even if you had never played any Atlus games before.
>>
>>384584745
Same as a few have already pointed out: Overclocked for story, Record Breaker for gameplay, yet the gameplay difference isn't so great that RB's advantage is significant.
>>
>>384590282
How do they compare.

Most people place persona as high in story and SMT high in challenge. Which side does devil survivor for in more?
>>
>>384585862
This is the correct answer.
>>
>>384590614
DeSu 2 wasn't that hard, didn't enjoy it as much as 1 so I didn't do post game

DeSu 1 had some tough challenges, and then ridiculous post game battles
>>
>>
>>384587652
This. I felt the atmosphere was more realistic in the first than in the second and it felt like there was always a presence of danger.
>>
>>384590614
Devil Survivor has the best gameplay IMO, if you like SRPGs.

The story is like SMT1/NGE trough animulens and is unsatisfactory and cringy in both.
>>
File: 645342.jpg (37KB, 400x446px) Image search: [Google]
645342.jpg
37KB, 400x446px
I love both games and I hate how every DeSu thread turns into this 1 vs 2 shitstorm
>>
>>384592343
Best gameplay compared to SMT games in general or just the DeSu series?
>>
>>384592657
Most fun gameplay overall IMO. It trades dungeoncrawling for SRPG, which has mixed reputation.

SMT > Persona > Devil Survivor > Digital Devil Saga > Devil Summoner
>>
File: Devil_Survivor_Haru.jpg (595KB, 1252x1892px) Image search: [Google]
Devil_Survivor_Haru.jpg
595KB, 1252x1892px
>>
Anons I can't beat the final battle in Overclocked I went the Naoya route and can get to the point where all the old bosses are brought to battle but then I'm at an impassable wall. I feel like I wasn't under leveled the rest of the game or going into it but I feel like I'm just gonna have to grind again.
>>
>>384593337
Ah, thanks. The final factor of wether or not I'll buy it is whether the dungeon crawling is in 1st or 3rd person?
>>
>>384585862
Record Breaker is too easy. I mean, neither are particularly hard, but at least endgame and Lucifer give you a reason to build a good team in Overclocked.
>>
File: Airi_shy.png (228KB, 509x504px) Image search: [Google]
Airi_shy.png
228KB, 509x504px
>>
>>384584745
Storywise Overclocked is far more interesting. I personally prefer Record Breakers OST and upgradeable racial skills were surprisingly fun.
>>
OP I want a comfy desu thread as much as anyone else, but you've been making these way too early in the day I think
>>
>>384594258
TIco battle is hard as hell tho;
>>
>>384593915
Devil Survivor has no dungeoncrawling. It hast strategy RPG in it's stead.
>>
>>384593915
No dungeon crawling in DeSu.
>>
>>384593915
It's an SRPG. No dungeon crawling.
>>
>>384595032
My bad.
On that though if there's no Dungeons to crawl do you just grind XP in the world like with Nocturne?
>>
>>384595221
there are free battles you can play to grind XP to some extent

but the game scales XP gained according to the level difference between you and the enemy so grinding is not a viable tactic
>>
>>384595221
the battle's happen in a map where you move your units. Once you defeat all the enemies the map is cleared.

There's free maps that you can grind on infinitely, but most maps take half our of your time (kinda like the calendar system in Persona)

If you have never played a game like Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy tactics before just check some vids
https://youtu.be/ioeku1heieQ
>>
>>384595483
Ah, so there's no chance of being underleveled for the endgame?
>>
>>384595642
Yes and unless you are autistic you won't be overleved either thanks to the EXP softcap.
>>
>>384595642
Devil Survivor is the most cheesable Megami Tensei series. You don't have to grind at all as long as you fuse your demons.
>>
>>384595575
>>384595575
Thanks for that, I'm pretty familiar with Fire Emblem. I'll definitely look at more of the game and probably buy it
>>
>>384594258
>but at least endgame and Lucifer give you a reason to build a good team in Overclocked
Lucifer is nothing but getting as strong as possible, keeping his turns away with tyrant lock, and praying he doesn't 1shot your entire team with Megidoladyne. Desu 2 had more strategy shit with having to use racial skills effectively.
>>
>>384595221
The overworld is more like a menu, where the locations are listed and you just go to one. Story related events have a clock beside their location and take up 30 minutes. Each day has a time limit and when you reach the end you're forced to end the day. There are also free battles that are listed that you can do whenever.
Grinding isn't actually a viable strategy unless you really need a pick up. You'll be fine just by wiping full teams while clearing story maps.

>>384595642
Not necessarily. The way battles work is that you and the enemy are in parties of 3, you/the leader and two other demons. Wiping the whole team gives you the full experience, but wiping the leader straight up kills the party, but if there are any enemies still left you lose out on that experience. So you could potentially just kill only the leader and get jack shit in the end.
>>
>>384584745
The original DS versions are the best.
>>
File: 1500342676856.gif (3MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1500342676856.gif
3MB, 500x375px
>>384596632
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.