[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon GO! Relaunch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

It's not a game. It's a movement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvSe6pMvUjM
>>
It's not a movement. It's a fad.
>>
>>384584608
Pokemon Go to the polls
>>
This is literally never going to get popular again.

It might have a boost for a week but the fad is over.
>>
what a waste of money
>>
>>384584608
Pokemon Go fuck yourself
>>
File: 1500021020217.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500021020217.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>384584608
The cringe
>>
>>384584608
>its a "dev adds a feature that should've been available at launch to try and trick people into playing again" episode

This shit is dead. I wish it were different since the concept is great and I loved playing it when it was new, but it's dead. Fuck Niantic.
>>
>>384584810
They fucked up when they didn't allow for user battles within the first two weeks. They also made it fucking ass to get any pokemon that wasn't a fucking ratata.
>>
>>384584608
>blocking root users

its never coming back, its over
im surpised they still didnt turn the servers off
>>
so now there's features that should have been there in the first place?

also are rooted devices banned from the game?
>>
>>384584662
This
I tried this shit meme game with my gf we got a couple hours of enjoyment out of it. Pretty much all it's worth
>>
>>384584967
implying

The game is more alive than ever
>>
>>384584608
this is 10 months late
also i love how over-the-top the ad is
>>
>>384585370
You'll get someone.
>>
File: pika.png (276KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
pika.png
276KB, 500x419px
>>384584608
They fucked over what could have been a good, decent time waster even now, but they fucked it so bad. They killed off any chance of sustainability by squandering their momentum.

These idiots didn't:

>balance spawn rates for rural areas
>Too many fucking Ratatas and Pidgeys
>add more pokestops / give more items to people who do not live near pokestops
>never added battling with friends / local players
>never fixed tracking, and in fact made it WORSE as time went on
>never added more clothing customization options, or pokemon customization options (Let's be real, it would have been free money for them, and customization is always nice.)
>made battling more similar to the games (The combat SUCKED and was literally just swiping.)
>Come out with more pokemon sooner.

Would have been nice if they made their game a little bit "deeper" too. Something that would have been nice would have been an AR feature for bringing out your pokemon and interacting with them, or taking them out on walks to level up their rating.

The game still would have lost popularity (Winter time killed this game.); of course shit dies out, but it would have had a way longer running time, especially if it had a constant stream of new pokemon or items to collect.
>>
>>384584608
god i hate these types of commercials
>>
>>384585883
It's obvious they saw how much money it was initially making and thought they could get away with milking it by making it more difficult to get anything good.
>>
>>384586114
and that's where they fucked up, they made it too difficult / buggy / luck based and it became annoying and not worth the reward or hassle
>>
>>384584608
It's pretty cool going out with friends and catching stuff and joining a facebook group and meeting and catching shit too, it's so far the only game that has had this impact so credit where credit is due
>>
>>384584608
A 2d mobile pokemon rpg with all established regions and mons with a bit of balance, polish, and wi-fi/bluetooth trading and battling

will never happen
>>
I only like it when I go on walks and want something to do while I'm walking but I'm sure there are better games out there for that as well.
>>
I have to admit, for the roughly 2 weeks that pokemon go was actually popular, walking around in the city was the coolest fucking thing ever. There were just hordes upon hordes of people playing pokemon and just having a good time. You could strike up a conversation with anyone and it was totally cool. Too bad people realised fast that the game sucks ass, it has no trading, the battle system is shallow as fuck, the pokemon spawn rates are ridiculous, etc etc etc. It's a garbage game.
>>
my mom still plays it
>>
File: 1500474563704.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
1500474563704.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>>384584608
>They think they can be summer fad twice in a row

Not how it works. PUBG has already taken that spot for this year.
>>
File: efsf.jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
efsf.jpg
28KB, 601x508px
>>384586916
ya, being outside and being able to talk to people was the best shit

but its ok, being outside sucks and im glad im inside my house now haha
>>
/v/ doesn't like it because it wasn't aimed at fat potato neets
>>
>>384586757
metal gear portable ops was kind of similar if you had the gps addon. you would walk to a place shown on radar and then something happened. can't remember what. might have been items
>>
>>384584608
I don't understand why Pokemon Go is so popular.
If the game was actually fleshed out like the actual games themselves, it'd be amazing. But you can't even battle in it, can you? It's a completely neutered "collect them all!" simulator. I don't see how it's really fun at all.
>>
File: 1481646244994.png (260KB, 620x640px) Image search: [Google]
1481646244994.png
260KB, 620x640px
>>384584608
>mom can't catch pokemon for shit
>easily uses 15 pokeballs to catch one, it could even escape
>would technically have to find dozens of pokestops to even catch a couple of pokemon

>You find a pokemon that's hard to catch
>finish all pokeballs in a matter of seconds and now you can't play anymore, when you find a pokestop you have the permission to launch 3 balls if you lick a beggar's foot

Why are they so fucking retarded?
Why have they made it unplayable on foot?
Why have they completely ignored the exploring side of the game?
How the fuck are people supposed to play without even knowing in which directions pokemon are at?
Why would you force people into areas full of google maps attractions, when they're the places you're trying to get people away from?
Was it so fucking hard to show whether you're progressing with the eggs without making you walk 100 meters?
Was it so fucking hard to assign specific pokemon to specific environments and natural fenomenons besides "hurr water"?
>>
>>384584608
Video central figures are
>White girl
>Black Girl
>Asian dude

Not really their target demographic
>>
File: 1490898736470.jpg (26KB, 700x829px) Image search: [Google]
1490898736470.jpg
26KB, 700x829px
>>384587582
>How the fuck are people supposed to play without even knowing in which directions pokemon are at?
Wait, they never fixed that? Are you telling me that went from calling it a "glitch that will be fixed soon" last year to "it's a feature"?
Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>384587979
>black guy hugging asian dude

In what planet would this ever happen?
>>
>Fifa is not okay.
>COD is not okay.

This is okay because it's Nintendo.
>>
File: 1499351229971.jpg (16KB, 188x239px) Image search: [Google]
1499351229971.jpg
16KB, 188x239px
I used bluestacks and a gps spoof to play this game in california, near santa monica pier, and had an insane route going.

Within a week, any time I went outside, I could easily take and hold a gym. I monopolized all the gyms in my local area for like a month. I overheard some kids bitching about me at a restaurant I was eating at with my gf. They had no idea.
>>
>>384588037
I don't know because I stopped playing when they stopped showing the distance a pokemon was at, became completely unplayable, I really hope at least that shit was fixed
>>
>>384588348
>near santa monica pier
I did this too, though I did it because I can't go outside too much and I wanted to keep up with my pals. That place really took it up the ass.

>>384588398
Surely there's no way that's still there. But then again, Niantic has proven how fucking incompetent they are
>>
File: goldface2.jpg (95KB, 328x317px) Image search: [Google]
goldface2.jpg
95KB, 328x317px
>>384588348
Same here. This was the best shit. I also botted hardcore while I wasn't playing outside so my mons were pretty much unbeatable.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.