[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Missing early 2000s gaming and internet yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
Missing early 2000s gaming and internet yet?
>>
>>384584242
not really no
>>
>>384584242
Gaming attitudes yes.

Internet speed? No.
>>
i remember playing this when my internet was broke
>>
File: 0.jpg (43KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
43KB, 480x360px
>>384584242
kindas
>>
File: 1458457778361.png (417KB, 451x588px) Image search: [Google]
1458457778361.png
417KB, 451x588px
>>384584242
What you really miss is being an optimistic child before the world broke you. I know I do
>>
No.

Gaming was much more limited. The reasons games have changed is because there's just that much more you can do these days, and if you'd release those old games for the first time now, everyone would laugh at them.

And the internet was a shitshow of slow connections and <blink> tags.
>>
File: chipschallenge.gif (37KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
chipschallenge.gif
37KB, 400x300px
>>384584242
Missing 1990's gaming and internet yet?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (28KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
28KB, 1280x720px
>>384584382
>Unregistered HyperCam 2
Back when people liked Linkin Park and Drowning Pool
>>
>>384584465
>WC3
>SC:BW
>D2
>UT
>Q3A
>T2
>CS
>EQ

there was literally nothing wrong with early 2000s gaming
>>
>>384584620
There was nothing wrong with it for the time, and given the limitations they had to work with. Within the context of "early 2000s", those were good games.

But so were flip phones. That doesn't mean I want them back now.
>>
>>384584409
you mean how bright the world was during the 90s, after the fall of the wall. yeah I remember, then 9/11 happened
>>
>>384584796
>implying any fps has come close to surpassing q3a
>>
>>384585030
You're entitled to your opinion, that doesn't stop the world from thinking you're wrong.

Case in point, q3a is dead.
>>
>>384584465
While I would agree things have improved overall in some capacity all games kind of feel the same now and control schemes are very similar.

When you picked up a PS1 title it was a diceroll. Like the game might not even actually work, which sucked, but everything played differently, and you could get some real standouts that still haven't been surpassed.

It feels like "back in the day™" games were either a 1 or a 5. Much more 1's than 5's. But today everything is a solid 3 stars with very little variation.
>>
>>384584620
>I named 8 games that were (debateably) good, the last 10 years btfo!
>>
>>384585262
It's like how cars all look kind of similar now. There's a reason for it, control schemes didn't develop into what they are for no reason. They're functional, which means there's no reason to trip up people by deviating from what they know.

While there's a lot of "let's pick the safe option so we make back our $100 million budget" now, there's also a lot higher expectations placed on games. It's harder to be a 5 than it used to be.
>>
>>384585190
just because normies can't handle low polys or fast paced arena shooters doesn't mean it's not still the greatest. Millions of people still play Overwatch and you can't tell me that game isn't garbage.
I guess according to your logic McDonalds makes the best cheeseburgers in the world.
>>
>>384585361
>debateably

which one is debatable?
>>
>>384585668
wc3
I don't know what t2 is because i'm 13
>>
>missing something that you can play right now
you realize PCs are backward compatible, right?
>>
>>384585730
tribes 2

how is wc3 debatable on it being good or not?
>>
>>384585361
>the last 10 years btfo!
unironically yes
>>
>>384585639
>just because normies can't handle low polys or fast paced arena shooters doesn't mean it's not still the greatest.
Like I said, you're entitled to your opinion. But let me just say, once your opinion includes "normies", you sound like a pretentious faggot.
> I guess according to your logic McDonalds makes the best cheeseburgers in the world.
They make the most cost-effective cheeseburgers.
>>
You know what do i miss of the old internet? The fact that it was limited to people who shared similar interests and not open to everyone like today. Yeah, it was techically a "sekrit club", if you wanna put it like this.
>>
>>384586059
You better mean early 90s internet then, because by the early 2000s, everyone and their grandma was there.
>>
>>384585885
tribes 2 had the worst netcode ever written
It was impossible to play online unless you were one of those rich kids with that fancy cable internet

And wc3 is debatable because BW existed and was better in every way
>>
>>384586263
>game X is better than game Y so that means that Y isn't actually good
Great logic there champ.
>>
>>384586145
Only websites like youtube (when it was still with the stars) and shit, what i mean are websites like newgrounds and here.
>>
>>384586263
WC and SC were entirely different types of RTS.

SC is far more macro based, while WC is more micro based.

Also LAN>Internet, any day of the week.

I like that Internet has caught up in terms of making LAN obsolete in many ways, but the purpose of gaming with buddies is still there. Gaming with strangers sucks
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.