[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

N64 MINI INCOMING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/07/20/nintendo-trademarks-nintendo-64-controller-in-europe/
>>
>>384583912
It's going to have GoldenEye, calling it now. They know it needs it.

They will make a deal somehow.
>>
they're gonna milk mini console all the way up to Wii era, aren't they?
Kinda shot themselves in the foot with the release of Wii mini
>>
Oh great, now there's going to be another wave of 'WTF HOW DO I HOLD THIS THING' coming from the underage. You don't need three hands to use the N64 controller because the games aren't designed around using the D-Pad & L Button simultaneously with the Analog Stick and Z Button. The ONLY games I can think of that did were Smash Bros, where L was mapped to taunt, and Goldeneye, which included a billion insane control schemes like using two controllers for one person.
>>
i mean, yeah duh. But also whatever, right?

its going to be $60 and sold out everywhere and you're going to pay some cunt that stockpiled them $200 for one and set it up and play it and realize that you cant go home. No matter how much you insist you loved Donkey Kong 64 or StarFox or Pokemon Snap the truth is this $24 piece of emulator raspberry pi cant put you back into your 1998 self.
>>
>>384584053
if it has goldeneye it will fucking kill, but I really doubt it. I'll hold my tongue though until christmas 2018.

the only thing I'm mad about is the NES/SNES mini is so profitable that nintendo is withholding VC on the switch. however, if an n64 mini has perfect emulation and can be hacked to load any rom on it, it will almost be worth it
>>
>>384583912
the library is going to be underhwleming as hell. I can't think of even 15 good games that came out on this thing. No wonder the SNES mini didn't have a bigger library so the N64 mini next year won't seem like a rip off.
>>
>>384584181
can a raspberry even emulate dk64 properly
>>
>>384583912
Well, the emulation for the n64 sucks... so I would buy it desu
>>
>>384584356
I feel you may have missed the point, maybe intentionally
>>
>>384584324
>goldeneye
>perfect dark
>donkey kong
>mario 64
>mario kart 64
>mario party
>super smash brothers
>conker
>banjo kazooie 1 & 2
>start wars racer
>shadows of the empire
>rogue squadron
>doom64
>turok 1 & 2
>jet force gemini
>1080
>>
swear to fucking christ if mystical ninja is on the jap version and not overseas again...
>>
>nintendo 64
>some games are still framelocked beneath 25 fps

this is not ok .
>>
This one is easily going to have the best line up of the classic series.
>>
>>384586060
considering the number of n64 remakes that have been made I'd be blown away if the n64 mini was an emulation machine instead of a port machine
>oot 3d
>mm 3d
>mario 64 3d
>rogue squadron, shadows of the empire, podrace PC ports
>perfect dark HD
>canned goldeneye HD
>turok 1 & 2 remasters
>doom64ex
>>
>>384584197
>>384584053
The blame for negotiations between MS and Nintendo failing to produce modern re-releases of Goldeneye fall squarely on Nintendo. If Nintendo actually manages to stop being retarded, Goldeneye (and possibly Perfect Dark and other old Rareware shit) could totally end up on the N64 mini

But they won't and it's going to all be ~classic nintendo~ shit, nothing but dk, mario, and zelda
>>
>playing old 3D games

2d games keep their charm, N64 graphics drag all games down to shit level now.
>>
NO MYSTICAL NINJA STARRING GOEMON
NO BUY
O

B
U
Y
>>
>half the n64 library won't make it to the mini because of MS
>>
>>384586610
>charm
Not an argument
>>
they gonna give us Mischief Makers finally?
>>
>>384583912
Millenials can't handle the N64 controller though.
>>
>>384585306
You think they're going to release games like Banjo Kazooie?
>>
>>384585306
Any Rare IP is off the table. The rare games you included besides DK64 are all on Rare Replay on the Xbone not happening.

>Doom 64 and Turok 1,2
Zero reason to play the N64 version with the PC remaster and doom 64 source port. I could never go back to Turok 2 on N64 with its low teens framerate.
>>
>Banjo / Perfect Dark
Microsoft won't allow it.

>Goldeneye
Legal minefield

>Turok
Acclaim bankrupt. Already remakes around.

>Body Harvest
Nintendo pissed off DMA now Rockstar. Also Gremlin Interactive bankrupt.

>Star Wars
Factor 5 gone. Owned by Disney who won't allow it.

>Pokemon Stadium
Not gonna happen. Transfer pack.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.