[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finished this game last night. What went so wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

File: header.jpg (47KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
47KB, 460x215px
I finished this game last night.

What went so wrong?
>>
>>384582257
Rocksteady decided to circle jerk to Top Gear for the first half of the development cycle.
>>
>>384582257

>The Bad Guy is Joker again even though he's fucking dead
>>
nothing, it was a perfect kino game.
>>
>>384582530

Yeah, I couldn't figure out why Rocksteady had such a boner for the batmobile. It was cool at first, but the missions involving it become tedious over the course of the game.
>>
>>384582257
The ending.
>>
>>384582257
Some people claim over reliance on the Batmobile. Yeah it was used a lot but I still found this entry really good.
>>
>>384582257
>Bat-tank
>no boss battles
>Joker stole the show again even though he's dead
>they didn't have the balls to actually kill Oracle
>Commissioner Gordon sounding like he'd stayed up eating pistachios the previous night
>plebbit fanfic tier ending
>that fucking Joker disease shit
>overvalued season pass
>>
File: 1498352147851.png (46KB, 272x269px) Image search: [Google]
1498352147851.png
46KB, 272x269px
>>384582257
Joker fatigue.
Batman has lots of villains and yet they can only make another Joker story.
>>
>>384584280
Oh yeah and Jason Todd
>>
>>384584560

I love Jason Todd, but he had no place in this game. His whole presence is meaningless when you know who he is.
>>
Deathstroke's entire boss fight
>>
What changes to the Batmobile's mechanics and usage in the game would have fixed it?
>>
>>384584476
Joker's incessant verbal shitposting in Batman's ear was the best dialogue in the whole game 2bh. Certainly better than
>Scarecrow gets on the tv: "Batman, I know that you just foiled my 3rd master plan of the night, but know this: I have already won even though my forces are in shambles and all my plots got their shit fucked up."
>>
>>384582257
The stupid fucking tank batmobile.

I don't play a Batman game just to play a shitty tank wars game.

The fight waves of enemy tanks sections of the game are cancer.
>>
>>384586115
>Joker's incessant verbal shitposting in Batman's ear
Reminded me of Jack "shitposting" in Borderlands 2. I liked it.
>>
>>384583041
Honestly, they should have made Jason Todd the main villain of the game. Have Scarecrow get taken out of the picture permanently after you defeat him the first time, and then let Jason take the spotlight. His questline was rushed as fuck anyway, it wouldn't hurt to give him more prominence, especially since the main theme of the game was MUH BATFAMILY.

Picture how much better the game's conflict would have been if Todd had got on the mic and publicly revealed the batfamily's identities to the whole world less than 1/4 into the game. Revealing Batman's identity at the climax of the story has been done to death. Having the game's whole plot be the consequences of Batman's identity being leaked and the villains descending on his allies, and his allies' allies, would be new and interesting.
>>
I finished the game recently for the first time also. I enjoyed the Pyg side mission desu
>>
It wasnt a disaster, just not as good as city in my opinion. Batmobile really wasnt as big of a deal as people made it to be. The end game sucked and some of the narrative could have been handled better but I think it isnt a bad edition to the Arkham series at all
>>
>>384586325
Except Handsome Jack had only OK writing while AK Joker's writing was tip top-tier
>>
>>384582257
pretty much everything
>>
>>384586146
I thought it was weird that you could literally run people over at top speed and simultaneously shock them with 10,000V but still "Batman doesn't kill people"
>>
>>384586531

I don't think it was a bad game either. I definitely think it's disappointing, though.
>>
I have a feeling that the developers were playing A LOT of World of Tanks while developing Arkham Knight.
>>
>>384587156
Would the Batmobile have been better if they didn't include the tank mode?
>facing enemy tanks (NOT unmanned that shit was so stupid and contrived)
>No tank mode (that shit was stupid)
>Have to sneak up on enemy vehicles and disable them with hacks and EMPs, like a vehicle version of predator mode
>these encounters are rare and don't take up 50% of the gameplay like tank battles did
>>
>>384587351
They could have got a lot more creative with how Batman takes down the enemy tanks, but instead they literally made the Batmobile some sort of transformer that transforms into a battle tech because reasons.

Ideally, Batman would have found more clever means to defeat the tanks, especially in ways that wouldn't cause city wide destruction like the Tankmobile and its combat does.
>>
>>384587587
I like the idea of Batman having guns that shoot rubber bullets as riot suppressors, but having 50mm cannons and shit was dumb. I don't even like how common the tank battles were. AK is rich enough to afford 10,000,000,000 robot tanks but can't find the cash to outfit half of his guys with guns? Those things should have been way rarer than the were. They also should have had people in them, Todd would know that Batman would have much more trouble taking out enemy vehicles if he couldn't just blow them to pieces, due to his no-kill rule.

I would have also liked to see more creative means of clearing the streets besides "dude just flatten them lmao."
>Big crowd of rioters
>Batman turns on the sonic cannons or the pain ray that riot police currently use to make it disperse prior to his arrival
>see car chasing cop car
>deploy the EMP or the hack bot to disable rioter car instead of blowing it the fuck up with a missile
>>
Fuck the Batmobile. What about using the Batwing. Huh? Why not that.
>>
How does /v/ feel about the Batmobile's design in Arkham Knight? Does it look good?
>>
>>384582257
I just watched the extra endings on youtube, fuck actually doing so much of the side shit or even all of it.

The game itself was fine, and it had some nice side quests. I liked how Pyg's questline worked, it was nice. The bosses for the game were crazy disappointing though, Arkham Origins managed to do a lot better even from a different team. I liked the upgrades and improved systems, having the car was great (using it for combat sucked) and things like the super-increased flight speed after grappling up a building was awesome. Mechanically the game is fantastic, but I don't play JUST for the gameplay elements.

The "twists" were shit. City had that great Joker twist, and Origins had that great Black Mask twist, but this time the twist was fucking obvious. I mean, you can narrow it down to "someone that appears in the game, but isn't pre-occupied", and at that point you can go "hmm... I wonder why they're giving me this odd and sad series of flashbacks for a character that has nothing to do with the gam-oh!"

I also fucking hate how they decided to force the bullshit fancy engines with the rain and pollen and shit. Arkham City and Origins both run 60fps perfectly on my rig, but I had to lock AK at stable 30 because of those fucking impossible to disable effects (the other option being an unstable framerate between 45 and 60). Is it really too much to ask to fucking see the game through the particles? I can understand it's aesthetic, but they can't even give a slider like "reduce/increase the number of raindrops"?
>>
Question: Why does "dying" save Bruce's allies from retaliation? Its not like Penguin, Two-Face, etc. will forget their grudges against Tim, Dick, and Barbara just because Batman supposedly killed himself. They're still dead people walking, Bruce being dead doesn't change that.
>>
>>384587064
The concept is that the car shocks people and pushes them away before it hits them. It really doesn't make sense, but the game can't give you a car without either emptying the streets or limiting you insanely (I can't drive this direction, there are people here!). They found the loophole and went "oh nah he just harmlessly zaps them, yeah it fucking hurts and maybe does permanent damage but Batman breaks bones like pinatas so it's not too bad".
>>
>>384589027
its a great game
so many shitters bandwagoned hard when total colon cancer tried to shit on the game for the port running on toasters
>>
>>384586961

Only because he was voiced by Mark Hamil.
>>
>>384587983
>AK is rich enough to afford 10,000,000,000 robot tanks but can't find the cash to outfit half of his guys with guns
The plot was that all of the villains bankrupted themselves to give AK that money. That's why Twoface is robbing banks again, and why Penguin is running guns... which is also why there is a lack of guns to begin with, Penguin is still gunrunning and you're stopping him in the main story.

The robot tanks were built and prepped in advance, because they figured that literal tanks could stop Batman. They KNEW guns wouldn't stop him though, so they slacked a bit there.
>>
>>384588647
The city really wasn't large enough to need the Batwing, and for plot reasons it wouldn't make much sense in AK. You can already "fly" with the grapple-speed upgrades, you don't need a batwing to travel 2000 feet.
>>
>>384589294
Batman could have employed gadgets like
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Denial_System
to clear the streets ahead of him. Just make a gimmick to launch and remote-activate a miniaturized one ahead of him where he knows the rioters are, and they'll all be cowering in the sidewalks until he passes. Easy. The Batmobile is meant to be an anti-riot vehicle anyway, it fits.
>>
>>384589257
People didn't know Tim or Dick's identity, Barbara gets protection I suppose. Dying wasn't to protect his allies, it was to keep "his legend" alive. You know, the reason Scarecrow revealed Batman's face was to kill the legend, yeah? Dying solves that, even a fake death.
>>
>>384589640
That would require a lot of shit though. It can't be player-controlled because the player's non-conformity with Batman's rules is why they need this in the 1st place. Are you suggesting the car jut constantly shit out ADS every other second because of all the people on the streets? Turning corners and just driving in a straight line would fucking fill everything with ADS.
>>
>>384584280

>Fucking DeathStroke shows up
Yeaaaaaa, time to kick his ass.
>It's a fucking tank battle

Don't even get me started on that fucking Jason Todd fight.
>>
>>384589640
>Wanting Batman to cook people alive
nah. Given how fast he drives, people couldn't get out of the way even if they tried. If they DID have enough time to get out of the way it would just result in empty streets, which isn't fun either.
>>
>>384582257
over reliance on batmobile. writers had no balls to follow through with any of the plotpoints so we end up with 'it was all a nightmare lmao' cop out. i'm sure there was something else, but i forgot
>>
>>384590072
The NPCs are already programmed to dive out of the way if they hear the Batmobile coming and do a near flawless job of avoiding the car if there's only 1 or 2 of them, this would only activate in the event that you've got a huge crowd of guys in the streets rioting in your path and yes the gadget would auto-launch from the car it's not a big deal.
>>
>>384589802
Their identities as Robin/Nightwing wouldn't need to be revealed for them to be in danger, there mere association with Bruce would be enough. Cartels IRL go after the loved ones of targeted individuals all the time just for spite, and to send a message.
>protection
I hope that you're not implying that the GCPD can be trusted.
>>
>>384590250
I KNOW ALL YOUR TACTICS AND HAVE TRAINED MY MEN WITH ULTIMATE COUNTERS! CHECK OUT THIS SUICIDE VEST THAT MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE TO STOP THE SINGLE MOOK THAT WEARS IT, UNLESS YOU REACH THEM FIRST! CHECK OUT THIS ANTI-DETECTIVE MODE SHIT! Oh, what's that? a gargoyle! I love those, I'll just sit here for a while! Batman stopped me? Better jump to the identical one next room over!

Also I have to laugh that they-for god knows why- used unmanned tanks, while they were fully aware that manning the tanks would make it impossible for Batman to fight them.
>>
>>384590309
Batman already does more lethal shit than shooting microwaves at people, I guarantee that the thug will have received more damage from having his head shoved into an electrical breaker.
>>
After they cleverly used Clayface in City, I was looking forward to see what they'd do in Knight. I was fucking pissed the moment they had the Jason flashback because it was obvious what they were doing.

Also, what was up with the "immune" old man? He was always the worst, but the tests and Batman/Robin were too stupid to tell? I wished they fucking updated his profile with at least a LITTLE more information. I was disappointed that they revealed a fucking room full of new Joker clones, and none of them actually mattered outside of that single building.
>>
>>384590525
It doesn't have to be GCPD, her father can help and the Robins can help. It's not like they have "real lives" outside of Gordon, who apparently becomes Mayor after AK.
>>
I loved it and still think it's one of the best AAA games this gen. Presentation and gameplay is top notch and no loading screens works wonders for replayability. I didn't mind the batmobile either and just treated it like another gadget. Tank battles were fun cause they kept you on your toes and still engaged like the freeflow combat. Only lacking aspect for me was the story 2bh.
>>
>>384591103
How was the story lacking
>>
How does /v/ feel about this trailer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsf78BS9VE0
>>
I still haven't got around to playing both Knight and Origins. I played Asylum and City, Asylum was definitely better but I liked both. If I want more Bats now that it's been a few year, which game should I play?
>>
The game was great. Everyone complaining have you forgot wtf a videogame is? It's entertainment. The batmobile was fun imo even though it doesn't really fit very well while in tank mode.
>>
>>384591478
Jason Todd being Arkham Knight was seen coming from a mile away. Scarecrow being defeated by the "overcoming your fear" cliche and lacking a proper final confrontation (boss fight). I mean they could've done some wild stuff with the hallucinations similar to Asylum but it was a missed opportunity. Boss fights in general were weak and the ending could've been better.

Wasn't a fan of the whole Joker clones plotline either but the Panessa studios segments were really good.
>>
>>384591857
Origins is basically City 2.0 (they even ripped the architecture of City but managed to make it worse). Skip that unless you really want more of Arkham. Go straight for Knight.
>>
What was the best batsuit and why was it this one?
>>
>>384592496
I liked the Batman Beyond skin. It was menacing.
>>
>>384592496
>>384592983

My favorite was the BvS/Dark Knight Returns skin. I tried to like the Beyond skin, but I didn't like that modern touch Rocksteady added to it.
>>
>>384592317
>it was fun
>but it was bad
C'mon anon you're barely trying here, at least explain a positive of the batmobile
>>
>>384593181
I liked it more than the super-cartoonish Beyond skin that I tried in one of the previous batman games.

I also used the Robin skin that gave him hair, I really dislike bald Robin.
>>
>>384593526
Why is Bruce such a shit to Tim in these games?
>>
>>384593617
>Why is Bruce such a shit to Tim in these games?
One Robin moved on and the other died on him, supposedly. He's overly protective and pushy because of it.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.