[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you want out of a Dark Souls Remaster?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

What would you want out of a Dark Souls Remaster?
>>
For it to not exist.
>>
>>384581380
On the ps4 platform.
>>
>>384581380
For a Demon Souls remaster instead.
>>
>>384581380
World and soul tendency.
>>
>>384581380
more traps
>>
A kart minigame.
>>
>>384581501
This
It needs it.
>>
DaS3 engine, DaS2 powerstancing
>>
>>384581995
>DaS3 engine,
Fuck no, not with those ugly colors.
DaS1 looks better than DaS3.
>>
>>384581460
First post best post
>>
I don't know, maybe some of the suckier bosses revamped slightly, or Lost Izalith made to be less shitty. Aside from that, just better textures and improved models.
>>
File: 55364767_p0.jpg (1MB, 1190x1684px) Image search: [Google]
55364767_p0.jpg
1MB, 1190x1684px
>>384581380
Priscilla was originally supposed to be the level up maiden, do that.
>>
>>384582693
>having to run back to Firelink shrine to level up
>either that or they add warping from the start and ruin the whole feel of the world
Please no
>>
>>384582693
She'd be bad at doing that in my game considering I always kill her ass.
>>
File: tree of fun.png (310KB, 640x298px) Image search: [Google]
tree of fun.png
310KB, 640x298px
Make
Tree
Fun
Again
>>
File: saitama.jpg (36KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
saitama.jpg
36KB, 400x400px
>>384582884
>>
>mfw I just realized storm kings crown you basically wear his scalp
>mfw no face
>>
>>384581380
For it to be capable of running at an uncapped framerate (Or at least the minimum standard of 60) with no FPS related bugs and have good control rebinding capabilities. Definitely needs improved online capabilities (but not more than 2 friendly summons, that was a huge mistake) and needs to keep all the dumb online gimmicks it had like curse statues or miracle boosts. Add cloth physics, etc to all relevant armors like getting Ornstein's plume but one that looks better than what DaS3 had. Keep best particle effects for weapon buffs somehow or make them even better.
If it's more of a remake then Lost Izalith needs an overhaul and the lategame areas need some polishing up and import some of the bullshit that DaS2 had like the only good torch in the entire series or powerstancing or solid left-handed movesets or the only good fist weapons in the series. I think DaS2 also had better bow aiming and shit as well.

>>384582693
Level up NPCs are garbage. Bonfire is best waifu.
>>
Demon's and Dark dual bundle, no Dark Souls 2 bullshit thank you.
>>
just finish the second half of the game

that's all
>>
>>384582890
>everyone always bitches about how awful this boss is
>beat it on my first try by just following the roots and rolling forward or back from the swipes

The whole game is about being aware of your environment how the fuck is this chick any different?
>>
>>384583568
awful does not mean hard anon, they are different words
>>
>pre-downgrade DaS2 engine
>better roll animations
>roll in any direction
>upgrade pathetic bosses movesets like Gaping Dragon
>60fps doesn't cause problems
>no more getting stuck on tiny elevations
>add new unique enemies to Demon ruins/Izalith
>better lighting transitions

All I need
>>
>>384583568
It's not awful because it's difficult, it's awful because it's easy as fuck and can't even be called a fight.
>>
>>384584154
Oh, also
>no master key on first play through
>after beating the game once, it's unlocked for every new character from then on
So newfags don't skip one of the best levels because it was memed to death.
>>
>>384581380
>Demon's Souls: 6th world
>Dark Souls: finish whatever the fuck they didn't finish
>>
The biggest thing I would want from a remaster is for them to leave the way invading works the fuck alone
>>
>>384581380
Completely redo post Drake & Josh
>>
>>384584283
>So newfags don't skip one of the best levels because it was memed to death.
Please tell me you don't mean blight town?
I agree newfags shouldnt miss it but blight town is trash
>>
>>384584791
It's fucking great. It's well designed and poison/toxic isn't even that bad. The only problem with it is framerate, which has been fixed on pc.
>>
>>384584650
>Completely redo post Drake & Josh
t. Retarded memeing bandwagoner
>>
>>384581380
No fucking thanks, that's not needed at all
>>
>>384581380
It would take far too much work to make the last half not terrible. Fixing Izalith alone is not enough.

A Demon's Souls remaster adding the last world is far more feasible. From wasn't retarded back then and cut out the shitty parts of the game entirely.
>>
>>384584791
>>384584283
You literally cannot skip Blighttown you fucking retards. Fucking Christ, kids these days play DaS once for bragging rights then act like they know what the fuck they're talking about.
>>
>>384585198
There's absolutely nothing wrong with any area except for Demon Ruins/Izalith. It's only been those areas.
>>
>>384585407
You can skip the rafters which is what most people hate.
>>
>>384585407
Going through New Londo -> Valley of Drakes with the Master Key is skipping Blighttown.
>>
>>384581380
>adjusted moves for bosses so the remaster isnt a cakewalk for Souls vets
>New moves, faster and more aggressive bosses and enemies in NG+
>Make Lost Izalith more interesting
>put a plume on Ornstein's helmet
>Prime Nameless King fight
>more NPC questlines that were cut
>Flippy Ring
>fix covenants
>>
>>384585407
>Kids act like they know what they're talking about
>Proceeds to act like he knows what he's talking about
You can skip right to half way through the swamp with the master key
>>
>>384585421
The Anor Londo castle is completely mediocre. It's huge and sprawling with nothing fucking interesting in it outside of the archer section.

Seath's idea of level design is copying and pasting the same exact floor four times in a row. DaS3's archives makes it look like a fucking joke. And don't tell me with a straight face that there is nothing wrong with the huge empty courtyard leading into crystal fucking caves.
>>
>>384585613
Oh damn you're right I totally forgot, the route is
New Londo -> Valley of Drakes -> Darkroot Basin -> Darkroot Garden -> Undead Parish -> Why Is This Door Closed -> Oh Shit I'm a Retard -> Blighttown
>>
>>384585858
>Prime Nameless King fight
>you find him at Ash Lake
How would you feel?
>>
>>384581380
Gwynevere actually having feet
>>
>>384586075
>Gwynevere with even more heavenly lighting and the best breast physics this gen can offer
Fund it
>>
>>384585956
New Londo -> valley of the drakes -> Blighttown alternate entrance -> Short walk to the boss door
>>
>>384584791
It was a good level, only the lag was annoying.
>>
>>384585867
>I wish people didn't miss Blighttown on their first playthrough
>but you have to go there, you literally cannot miss it
>Yeah but you can skip part of it, idiot!
Even then, it's not like you're walled off the rest of the area, you still can explore the entirety of Blighttown through Valley of Drakes, it's entirely YOUR choice if you skip it or not. Keep being retarded though, these walkthroughs you read weren't very detailed it seems and it only makes you look like an idiot.
>>
>>384586075
I want to climb onto that couch and massage them
>>
>>384586484
You can literally skip to right outside the boss fight
>Walkthroughs
Just because you used one doesn't mean everyone did, I found my way out of blight town by hopping on the ferris wheel
>>
>>384586484
>Says you can't skip blight town
>Gets BTFO when someone says you can
>BUT THATS YOUR CHOICE TO SKIP IT. YOU USE GUIDES REEEEE
>>
>>384586484
The problem I want to avoid is newfags skipping Blighttown. That's what I first brought up. I know fags who have never experienced its entirety. They're there for 5 minutes, got poisoned once, and called it hell. They think it's the most brutal level to have ever existed. They don't even know of the firekeeper soul there. God help them if they were to ever experience VoD-2. I never skip Blighttown because it's pretty much my favorite level or at least tied for first.
>>
>>384586919
But you can't fucking skip Blighttown you goddamn retard.
>>
>>384586484
Blight town has 2 paths, the normal way there and then the return journey which is less long but still totally exists.
If you do the Blight town skip then you're basically skipping the only progression reason (ember and NPC aside) to do the depths and if you skip the Depths you wind up at a dead end when take the normal path for your return to the top.
>>
>>384587384
Skipping to the wagon wheel that has a bonfire right underneath with a straight line right to the boss is skipping it, you're completely avoiding 80% of the area, thus skipping it.
>>
>>384587384
You can completely skip the town part, making it a 2 minute level called Blight.
>>
>>384587071
5-2 is pretty bad if you're in Pure Black, which they might be if they equate SOEE with humanity.
>>
>>384587935
I've never actually done a pure black run, are there much differences than pure white?
>>
>>384587556
YOU fucking skipped 80% of the area you utter, utter retard, you chose to just complete 20% of it because you're a fucking pussy, the entire area was there for you to explore. What you do skip is The Depths, that's why it's called a skip in the first place, get it through your thick fucking skull, autist.
>>
>>384588027
I didn't skip it though, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible you retard.
>>
>>384588027
>knowing about it means you do it
You're very confused
>>
>>384588020
Enemies do a bunch more damage, and new black phantoms that do even MORE damage appear randomly. You know they huge fuckers with the clubs? There are two black phantoms of them in 5-2, in the swamp part. They can oneshot you most of the time.
>>
>>384588395
The original point was that newcomers miss the entirety of Blighttown because of the master key which is false, follow the chain of replies or stop moving the goalposts, retard.
>>
>>384588665
>which is false
Its not. You're taking the word "skip" very fucking seriously as if I meant they didn't take a single step into it. You know what I mean, quit being autistic.
I'm the one who started the conversation. I have three friends who picked the Master Key on their very first play through to skip Blighttown because of how awful they heard it was. What they didn't know is it was only awful because of framerate but that got lost in all the memes. All three already knew that they could go through New Londo/Valley of Drakes to only experience 2 minutes of Blighttown and go straight to the boss. After they rang the bell they would sprint back up to Firelink and call it the worse experience ever because a meter popped up on their screen. They'll never go back there.
I just want to prevent that. I don't skip Blighttown, ever. I like the beginning better than the end.
>>
I picked thief my first playthrough and accidentally skipped blighttown.
>>
File: 1500164980289.jpg (73KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1500164980289.jpg
73KB, 960x540px
>>384589718
Honestly, the toxic memes are pretty bad if you're unprepared. Say you head down there on a pure melee or without any arrows for a bow, or you don't have one/stashed them away or whatever, and you don't have any whitebloom purple moss stocked. Get toxic'd, and that's pretty much all your estus used to just survive the toxic status. Honestly not a hard place with any sort of experience, but it's a shitty place that is potentially really confusing to explore, especially so depending on how much of a collector you are. Still neat for a visit every now and then though.
>>
>>384590547
Toxic can be kind of scary the first time around but it's nothing 10 estus can't handle. Every area you can get toxic is near a bonfire and those guys don't respawn which makes it even easier if you need to retreat.
>>
File: 1463576488353.jpg (109KB, 533x437px) Image search: [Google]
1463576488353.jpg
109KB, 533x437px
>>384590547
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.