[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your tells for when to quit playing a game, /v/? Would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 0d7c81_5450725.jpg (186KB, 1564x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0d7c81_5450725.jpg
186KB, 1564x1080px
What are your tells for when to quit playing a game, /v/?
Would you still call it enjoyment when you play because you don't feel like doing anything else in particular?
Do you immediately quit if you don't feel the purest joy out of playing something? Actually, do you even require to be in a smiling mood to call your time with a game enjoyable?
Or do you sit there in front of your screen, with no particular way of thought, no particular sense of happiness, just "being", and playing a game because it's what you feel like doing?
>>
>>384579778
Usually for me it's pacing, if it drags to many times with the times that it doesn't not being that great I'll decide nor to pick it up again
>>
Depends of the game with games of the kind of Terraria I usually lost all interest suddendly, recently I played subnautica and I was having a blast until I all of sudden realized I had nothing interesting to do anymore.
>>
>>384580926

This. Hollow Knight is a delightful metroidvania, but getting essence to awaken the dream nail is such a fucking chore and close to dropping the game. No reason their map need to make so much sense, every time I want something from a different area it's half an hour of tedious walking from bench to bench.

Thank god I cleared out Deepnest, I think I might actually get through this now. What a pain in the dick getting in and out of that area.
>>
File: 20170719214413_1.jpg (378KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170719214413_1.jpg
378KB, 1920x1080px
I usually drop bad games when there's no bait to hook me in. Can be anything from bad controls to shitty characters and settings

For decent games, usually when things get repetitive in a bad way. Normally helped along by poor controls and unsatisfying rewards but I don't take my own advice depending on how much investment has been made.

The Witcher 3 is a prime example of a game that I should have dropped but kept trucking along for. Rewards for quests range from middling to decent, looting is a hassle, mostly junk and candles specifically placed so that the player has trouble looting the next crate and lets not even get into the controls in combat and for Roach.

I was overall entertained though, perhaps the buggiest game I've finished.
>>
I don't know. I quit Witcher 3 a few hours in. The combat is boring as fuck and I couldn't care less about the story.

The only good part was the graphics.
>>
>>384582431
Wow I actually beat it like a week ago and because of stuff like that I knew would exist I decided to just play through it any % and I'd come back to it later if I felt like it
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.