[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: dragon-quest-8.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dragon-quest-8.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Haven't ever got around to playing a DQ game and always wanted to. Any anons out there have any recommendations on which is the best in the series or a good place to start at least?
>>
Dont play 8

you have to grind for a fucking boss(which you never had to do before that point) about 25 hours in when the story finally gets good and its fucking dumb
>>
Start with 1.
>>
3, 5, and 8 are considered the best. All of them can be played stand-alone.

1-3 and 4-6 are trilogies but can still be played stand-alone.
>>
>>384578021
1 should be played before 2 or 3, especially before 3.
>>
>>384578021
Which versions are considered the best for 3,5, and 8? I have a PS2, a 3DS, and a PC capable of emulating basically anything. I know I won't have time for all of them, but if they can be played stand-alone I can probably do those 3.
>>
>>384578956
You should probably emulate the ps2 version of dq8
>>
>>384578956
3 - snes
5 - snes, ps2, and DS are all good
8 - ps2 has better graphics and orchestral music, 3ds has more content

Apparently the mobile versions of some of the games are best but I don't really touch mobile games so I can't really say.
>>
File: 3debora.jpg (66KB, 262x256px) Image search: [Google]
3debora.jpg
66KB, 262x256px
I started with IV and now I'm working on V. IV has different protagonists for for each chapter and they all take place seperately from each other while building up the main antagonist until the final chapter. I personally think that was cool as fuck for an rpg and wish more did it.

The thing about Dragon Quest is you've probably already played one without realizing because every jrpg took something from it and it may or may not turn you off because it will seem like a stereotypical jrpg.
>>
File: 1496766506498.png (159KB, 289x289px) Image search: [Google]
1496766506498.png
159KB, 289x289px
>>384580085
>>384579873
Thanks, family. I'm on it.
>>
>>384577181
I recommend you start with 2, 6, 7, or 9. Those are generally considered the best in the series.
>>
File: 1499858125880.png (871KB, 700x736px) Image search: [Google]
1499858125880.png
871KB, 700x736px
>>384577639
>got 8 on the PS2
>as soon as I get the boat I go West, just like everyone in my party is telling me
>level ~20, Jessica and Angelo constantly dying
>get my fucking ass handed to me on Western continent or even the smaller islands

fuck this shit and where the hell is the resurrect spell
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.