[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wich one is the best for JRPGs and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: ps-vita-3ds-1.jpg (33KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
ps-vita-3ds-1.jpg
33KB, 600x330px
Wich one is the best for JRPGs and why?
>>
File: photo_1482370353415.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
photo_1482370353415.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
I would say psvita just based on the fact that is isnt region locked which gives you access to all psvita jrpgs.
>>
Good JRPG/SRPG/Whatever RPGs from Japan

3DS:
Stella Glow
Fire Emblem
SMT games
Etrian Odyssey
Bravely Default
Dragon Quest 7
Persona Q
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Rune Factory 4
Tales of the Abyss
Xenoblade Chronicles

Vita:
Atelier games
Disgaea
Vanillaware games
Final Fantasy X
Persona 4 Golden
Demon Gaze

probably missing out on quite a number, but these are just the ones i can think of off the top of my head. overall i think i prefer the 3DS' slightly, but honestly i switch between both often enough that i never get tired of either. currently replaying stella glow for the third time, it's one of my favourite games on the 3ds.
>>
If we're counting all games physically playable on the systems, 3DS. It has a wealth of jrpgs spanning across the entirety of the DS and 3DS libraries.

Downloadable games though, I'm not sure what's available because I've never looked, but assuming you can buy ps1 and psp jrpgs the vita is also solid as fuck. Haven't spent enough time with my vita considering I only have gravity rush for it though. I'll get more use out of it once undertale comes out.
>>
>>384577419
>If we're counting all games physically playable on the systems, 3DS. It has a wealth of jrpgs spanning across the entirety of the DS and 3DS libraries.
by the same logic the vita has the entire psp and ps1 library, kind of a moot point
>>
best jrpg is etrian odyssey

therefore 3ds wins
>>
>>384577091
Dungeon Traverlers 2
Operation Abyss
Operation Babel
Cyber Sleuth
Caligula

Just off the top of my head. Vita has a decent catalog of Jrpgs.
>>
>>384576404
Vita. It has more than 5 games.
>>
>>384576404
Easily the 3DS with its access to the DS library. Vita has access to some good Ps1 and PSP RPGs though. Being able to play all the Department Heaven games is pretty nice. But all things considered, I think the Vita's RPG library is pretty lacking in terms of quality. Experience's DRPGs are way too boring, but Dungeon Travelers 2-2 is good, though not worth buying the system alone for. The best games on the system are on PS3/4 like Cold Steel, Dragon's Crown, and Final Fantasy X HD. Persona 4 Golden isn't bad if you've never played the originally, but as someone who did I thought the revised story was far inferior with a pointless new character and random high school events.
>>
Vita has an absolute deluge of 6 and 7/10s.
3DS has a dozen or so 8/10s.
>>
File: insert weeb here.jpg (30KB, 970x812px) Image search: [Google]
insert weeb here.jpg
30KB, 970x812px
i would prefer if you used this one
>>
>>384577579
yeah but it's pain in the ass if you have to switch UMDs
>>
>>384576404
For JRPGs the 3DS is the best hands down. It probably has the best lineup of JRPGs since the PS2.
>>
>>384577349
That doesn't mean much since DT2's script is pretty good.
>>
File: 1499910899532.jpg (69KB, 530x520px) Image search: [Google]
1499910899532.jpg
69KB, 530x520px
3DS has a stronger offering jrpgs that are generally mostly good quality where as Vita has a smaller selection of jrpgs that range in quality

p4g
trails cold steel
digimon cyber
Ys
Atelier
world of final fantasy
tales of hearts r
disgaea
grand kingdom
dragonquest builder
ar nosurge
oreshika
sd g generation

The vita is good for genre variety though, theres lot of unique games on the system so its great if you're into jrpg, side scroller action, indie, action, dungeon crawler, srpg, rhythm, visual novel, platformer, ottome and other weird/alternative stuff all at the same time. Alos remote play is a neat feature if you own a PS4 which you kinda should by now.
>>
>>384576404
3DS. Vita games are coming to pc anyway.
>>
>>384579263
wut? Vita doesn't take umds. You'd have to have it downloaded through psn(or hacked)
>>
3DS has more pure exclusives of worth, but if you include Vita ones you could get on PS3/PS4/PC without major improvements on the latter three, they're more even, maybe give it to Vita.

Really loving Tokyo Xanadu right now on my Vita, but that's one of the games that you should get on PS4/PC because it has way more content on it.
>>
Actually good Vita JRPGs:
Persona 4 Golden
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Atelier Totori
Trails of Cold Steel 1+2
Trails in the Sky 1+2

Actually good 3DS JRPGs:

Devil Survivor 1+2 remaster
SMT4
SMT4:A
Soul Hackers
EO1+2 remakes
EO4
Bravely Default
Fire Emblem

Both are pretty good but the 3DS has a slight edge, even if it's a bit heavy on remakes.
>>
>>384581426
>Oreshika getting some respect
I like you.
>>
File: m.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>384581552
Such an amazing and unique game that seems to get almost zero attention or praise. I guess it rubs some people the wrong way, especially with how cryptic it seems at the beginning.

>have to find a key for a dungeon
>very deep in another dungeon
>you have no way of knowing this so waste loads of time
>and you have time limits in the game
Frustrating as fuck until you realize how it works.

Nothing compares to the satisfaction of the late game when your 20th generation clanspeople, artificially selected for the physical and stat traits you prefer, are going around stomping everything.
>>
>>384581927
I only bought it because it was cheap, I wasn't expecting to find such a comfy game. The soundtrack and art style were both amazing.
>>
>>384577681
Operation Abyss is absolute garbage though
>>
>>384577091
Stella Glow is hot garbage.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.