[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Absolutely Mindblowing Hidden Gems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: creaturesexodus.jpg (20KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
creaturesexodus.jpg
20KB, 250x354px
Pic Related.

Creatures 3 is I think the only complex simulation of genetics and virtual life ever made for PC. If you haven't played it - you should.
>>
>>384573610
Tell me more about this game and this franchise in general. I own it on GOG.
>>
File: toointelligent.png (12KB, 156x207px) Image search: [Google]
toointelligent.png
12KB, 156x207px
>>384575820
Each breed of creature and by extension, each individual creature has its own "genome" The genome of a Creature is the sum total of all genetic information used to create it. The genome of any Creature is haploid

http://creatures.wikia.com/wiki/ChiChi_Norn_Genome

Here is the genome of a sample Norn, the creatures you primarily care for in the game. As your creatures breed and create offspring, they may actually have minor mutations in the base genome which can effect everything from their colour to how much food they may need to eat to produce adipose or muscle tissue - down to their own personal preferences and behaviour... even their walking gait.

>if Creatures was going to have any influence at all over people's lives, the one thing I really wished for was that it might prompt questions in their minds about life and what it means. And it did this in bucketloads.
>Take cruelty, for example. One Creatures fan (who I believe is in the US Navy) started a Website entirely devoted to ways in which people could be cruel to these creatures. He devised various tortures to make their little lives a misery, and I think he did so with his tongue firmly in his cheek and a challenging grin on his face. I was so pleased about this (although I didn't dare say so publicly while I still represented the company that made Creatures, for fear that it would upset our customers), because it forced people to think about whether this really was cruel. I expected him to elicit some response from the other Creatures owners, but not quite such a hostile one as ensued. The poor guy recieved an enormous amount of hate mail, and was excluded from the Creatures Internet community for a long time. Much of his hate mail showed a greater regard for the creatures than it did for the life of this one human being.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
>>384573610
>le hidden gems
>>
>>384576508
That actually sounds kind of fun. Is there a goal? Can I breed the perfect Creature?
>>
>>384576508
>>384576845
Installing now. Should I just skip the previous games? I guess this one is probably superior.
>>
>>384576845
>>384577124

There is no apparent goal apart from breeding your creatures to your hearts content and engaging in whatever twisted actions your heart desires.

http://creaturescaves.com Go get c1toDS or the Offline Patch.

Be sure to go here and get the mods for it. You need the Offline Patch to get Docking Station to work at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsYiFdjj_v8

Sorry about the source, there is very little youtube content for this game.
>>
>>384577794
Alright. So what is the Docking Station and why do I need it? Is there some kind of tutorial I should read? How do I torture these ugly fuckers?
>>
>>384573610

I had creatures 2 and never understood how the fuck you were supposed to play

I didn't even know there was a creatures 3
>>
>>384578485
Docking Station is a Standalone and free addition to the base game.

It adds a new room and a collection of bug fixes. It also connects to the main ship (The Ark) and gives alot more utility.
>>
>>384578534
There doesn't appear to be a right way to play, I like to lay a large amount of eggs, let them hatch, give them a few names and then see how they survive.

I'm still learning... the game is rather overwhelming.
>>
Holy shit is this the Spore we never got?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.