[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life is Strange

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

File: F9ThpzYu.jpg (84KB, 1079x1079px) Image search: [Google]
F9ThpzYu.jpg
84KB, 1079x1079px
Just finished this. Has there ever been another telltale-esque game that has shit the bed in it's final act worse than Life is Strange?
>>
>implying it wasn't shit to begin with
>>
File: IMG_8859.jpg (536KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8859.jpg
536KB, 1080x1080px
>>384570886
Telltale's Walking Dead S3.

Seriously though, I'm perfectly fine w/ Episode 4 being the last episode of LiS
>>
>>384570967
It started off promising for me at least.
>>
>>384570967
This anon knows what's up. I only completed the first episode, but I don't want to be around people who can sit through hours of this game's characters.
>>
>>384570886
Anyone played Fahrenheit:Indigo Prophecy here?
>>
>game
>>
>>384570886
I only played for qt lesbians,osts,atmosphere.

But agreed ending was pretty much nonsense
>>
Real talk is this game as bad as it looks? There's this small, buried part of my psyche that wants to connect with teenage characters and their petty dramas but then again it seems super cringy and out-of-touch
>>
>>384570886
Honestly, Life is Strange was like that good-feels novella that was good; but without the atmosphere, it would have been considered shit from the get-go.
>>
>>384571564
Well if you ever want to meet them
>>>/vg/183162714
>>
>>384572674
Fuck no, I'm planning on enjoying today.
>>
>>384572282
I don't see how things like VNs and text adventures can be considered games and stuff like this can't be.
>>
Telltale's Walking Dead S2 was shit the whole time, so I don't know
>>
>>384572501
honestly i was about to close the game just when brown-haired guy say stupid shit to me then i continued and gave it a try. it's good but ending,consclucion was shit on the bed. cliché time-travel story..

just play it. your choices don't matter (and i don't think anyone care about it because it's not rpg afterall) story is certain. as a player you can't shape things completely, main character has her own thoughts etc.
>>
>>384572245
I didn't but considering to buy it. How was it?
>>
>>384572752
If it was shit throughout I don't think it can shit the bed per se.
>>
>>384572245
yep. ooohh boy that second half

>>384572885
starts out ok with good atmosphere and promising story. completely shits itself in an inconceivable manner later on
>>
>>384572885
I really enjoyed it. First season is very tweeny but when the time manipulation concept takes off it gets good.

Ending is controversial as you can see, I personally was fine with it and overall I love the game.

Soundtrack is 10/10 too
>>
>>384573890
pretty sure he was asking about fahrenheit, my dude
>>
>>384574005
is it really that shitty?
>>
>>384574136
Yes if you're a /v/ memer. No if you just want to play a videogame. I played it many years ago (but long after it was released and forgotten about) without any preconceptions and I had fun. I thought the crazy shit that happens in the end was fun. Don't take games too seriously.

tl;dr game gets progressively more retarded in it's plot and depends on how you view life, you will either love it or hate it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLLBrh_PeT4
>>
>>384574370
How can you defend this scene then? I don't have to mention, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tHuCib9h_Y
>>
>>384570886
I thought the ending nicely tied things up. Ruined the idea of a sequel though. What's the point of having more time travel nonsense when the whole message of the first game is it will only end in disaster?
>>
>>384574370
it's not about being a memer. i can't take the game seriously if it starts off as a grounded/serious mystery game and then just starts adding retarded shit out of nowhere. especially if it's poorly done. remember how bad the matrix fight looked? the freaking ps1 could do better animations
>>
>>384574458
E.Y.E. is in top 2 of my favorite games of all time. That may give you a hint about what I like in games - wacky shit that doesn't take itself seriously. Or wacky shit that takes itself so seriously it's not serious again in case of Fahrenheit
>>
>>384574585
Wait so there's no sequel? I chose future wife over town, it'd make a great sequel desu
the other one also could make a good sequel since Max didn't rip the butterfly photo up in there
>>
>>384571564
I can't understand people limiting themselves in what they are into like this. There'll always be some turbo autist who likes your favourite thing y'know.
>>
>>384574458
>Lucas killed professor.
>>
>>384574645
i get what you're saying but what bothers me is the progression into it. the game ropes you in with a serious tone and (mostly) plausible setting/story only to crash and burn in complete retardation. if it's something like god hand, i'm not mad because it's wacky and goofy from start to finish
>>
>>384574730
Season 2 got confirmed with a new cast. I have a lot of misgivings about it though, the first has a very contained story that doesn't really need elaboration in terms of either story or theme.
>>
File: 1499052995767.jpg (32KB, 288x325px) Image search: [Google]
1499052995767.jpg
32KB, 288x325px
>>384570886
>final act
>there are people who played this bloviating tripe beyond the initial classroom sequence, awful "opening" sequence (complete with bafflingly bad song choice) and topped off with the bathroom scene, the single worst written/acted scene in a serious, modern videogame

There's some truly awful game design at work here. Awful VA from everyone involved. Awful writing (though accurate in its portrayal of the empty minds of mid 2000's teenage girls). There's no way around it, if you enjoy this, you have serious cognitive impairments.
>>
>>384574914
Well, that's my point. I love both serious games and goofy games. If a serious game turns out into a goofy one, I have fun either way. It's like The Room of videogames.
>>
>>384575043
I dropped the game after the first act, then beat it after a year when clearing my backlog. 2-4 were the best episodes and that weird bit at the end of 5 (until the stealth segment starts) was cool.
>>
I wanna hear your thoughts about Telltale TWD:Season 3
>>
>>384575043
>Awful VA
Lost me there. The voice work is very good, especially later on. Don't confuse bad lines for bad voice acting.
>>
>>384570886
Honestly I don't see all the hate for the ending. It wasn't great, and you could see it coming if you've ever read/played/watched anything time travel based, but they did what they had to to. Every time one of these threads pops up I try to ask other anons how they would have ended it, I can't honestly say that I've ever gotten a proper answer that isn't as predictable as the actual ending.
>>
>Has there ever been another telltale-esque game that has shit the bed in it's final act worse than Life is Strange?

every telltale game
>>
>>384572501
It makes for quiet a relaxing game. There are some cliches but it's not really what you're expecting.
>>
>>384575780
One ending is properly foreshadowed and ties up the narrative in a nice thematic whole. It does punch a giant hole in the "All your actions have consequences" slogan that the game is built on.
The other ending is a dumpsterfire added at the last minute to placate retarded shippers from reddit.
>>
File: 1451299685323.jpg (54KB, 660x438px) Image search: [Google]
1451299685323.jpg
54KB, 660x438px
>>384575780
>how they would have ended it

This is a time-travel story where main character can focus on photos. So...

>focus on butterfly photo/first selfie you took in classroom
>give David all of warnings about Jefferson,so with that they could easily found out what happened to Kate and Rachel so they wouldn't waste their times to find clues rather than forgetting all about the storm,tell yourself going to the bathroom to save Chloe
>left yourself a message that there is giantess storm is coming like you saw in your vision, and tell yourself that warn Chloe, and spend your time with warning everyone in town
>at the end: if they ignored your warnings at least you could say you've tried
>if they listened your warning: you got the gf and saved town, no guilts,no suffering,and you don't have to let your someone you love die
>>
>>384576135
>The other ending is a dumpsterfire added at the last minute to placate retarded shippers from reddit.
the ending where you save the girl was their very first,original intention though. it was not fanservice or anything.
they only changed the one where you save the town during episode 4's release , and it was just to make it more tragic.
>>
>>384576135
>"All your actions have consequences"
You mean the ending where you undoing your actions? Thematically it was utterly shit because you were avoiding from your action you made.
Plus, main girl was so desperate to keep blue haired girl alive so I don't even think she could continue after her death. I rewatched the ending now to confirm, and she didn't rip the butterfly photo in the ending where you saved the town, so
>>
>>384576585
That's the entire fucking point. She spends the entire week desperately trying to keep Chloe alive and eventually learns to let go. Meanwhile Chloe herself finally learns that the world doesn't revolve around her and has a genuinely selfless moment. That's the point where both of them leave the innocence of youth behind and become adults.
Wasn't there some minor subplot about a serial killer trying to catch that moment? I forget.
>>
>>384576351
It's definitely the other way round. On top of the whole nightmare sequence pushing the town's destruction, the ending where you save Chloe is very underdeveloped in comparison to saving the town.
>>
>>384575780
Personally I felt it was a little too tropey, and the fact the game felt the need to question the morality of the player's "choices" even though throughout most of the game you are kind of funneled into rewinding time and such.
I guess my main gripe was having to sit through Jefferson's "I'm a bad guy" monologue for more than half of the last chapter, and that both endings of the game negate every interaction you've had in previous chapters.
>>
>>384576976
I respect your opinion but what I've seen from the game was:

Actually nightmare was screaming like only her moments with Chloe was the real,where Max found the peace in her nightmare. And was saved from nightmare at that moment. Main girl wanted to save her that's obvious.

Again two endings about character growth. I also thought what's the point of gaining these powers if we're not gonna use it, or save that girl's life in first place. Because things could've been resolved easily (Jefferson's issue I'm talking about) even after her death.

Also, to me, saving town is kinda cheating, you think you've got power and trying to make things perfect (as if you can make'em perfect while it definitely isn't because you are letting your loved one die) but in real life we can't run away from our responsibilities like that.

>>384577178
Not him but he is right, I've seen leaks just when Episode 1's release. That was their very first intention. On-The-Road ending.
>>
>>384576976
>i have to let my loved one die //to grow-up/// especially while I actually have chance to save her
anon...
>>
>>384576976
For me, it didn't help that a majority of the town was fucked from the get go because of Prescott shenanigans, so I felt no need to save it at all. And honestly saving Chloe is the only ending, imo, where Max accepts that she can't rewind time to solve her mistakes.
>>
>>384576976
So you fuckers wouldn't sacrifice a town for your girlfriend?

Man, you've never been in love, have you?
>>
>>384577886
>And honestly saving Chloe is the only ending, imo, where Max accepts that she can't rewind time to solve her mistakes.
this. thematically it's the only ending that fitting well with story. the other one's emotional but resetting everything you've done, just it.

the thing I can't understand in that ending is though, Max's existence will also make changes no matter if we undid our actions in that ending.so there's no way she can completely undo everything because changes had made.
>>
>>384577643
Nightmare's elements point towards her being the bigger person. She's berated as being selfish by her own self after going through a cafeteria full of the people she will sacrifice for Chloe to live. Max clearly wants Chloe alive but that doesn't negate what the game is pushing for as the right choice.
>>
>>384577920
But if that involved killing said girlfriend's parents?
>>
>>384578239
Devs said it left blurry.
Kate (if you saved her) at least saved. For Joyce and David, remember that girls made changes in that timeline and warned David earlier so he'd totally be with Joyce.
>>
>>384578406
I got the sense the storm wouldn't be the end of it, that history would try to find a way to fuck with Chloe, like how she got involved in an accident when her dad was saved.
>>
>>384578101
Nah I was talking about ''the key moments with Chloe'' part was the only thing that was actually real and saved her from nightmare. Nightmare didn't say this is right or wrong other than foreshadowing endings.
Well if there was a sacrifice yourself option then I'd agree with you about there's a selfish option but at this point we are actually deciding who will die or who will live. And Chloe is obviously the person Max loves since she stuck between those choices. In both endings we are encountering with death, plus we're undoing our actions rather than facing with its consequences in save town ending. That's the reason why I chose that ending, because we can't cheat in real life.
>>
This game is gay as hell. I made it to the hallway credits before shutting it off and playing AoE. Is the first bit a reflection of the whole game?
>>
It was much better than TWD for what it tried to accomplish. Sadly, it drops the ball in the final episode
>>
overrated as fuck "game"
>>
>>384578658
I suppose you could see it that way.
>>
>>384578637
No storm has also gone at that ending and we already found out that storm wasn't trying to get rid of Chloe/delete her from the timeline because in timeline where Jefferson shot her, storm was still coming and destroying the town.
Devs intention is based on ''storm is coming to fix nature's balance after Max's changing things at the bathroom''
>>
>>384575931
TWD season 1 and tftb were good
>>
>>384570886
it was bad to begin with. just like until dawn and every telltale game since TWD S1.
>>
>>384570886
>final
I think you mean first.
>>
>>384570886
LiS is better than any modern TellTale game tbqhimho senpai.
>>
>>384579175
I'm inclined to agree with you, the latest telltale I've played was borderlands which I enjoyed. I've only heard bad things about there recent releases.
>>
>>384581215
their*
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.