[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I suck at aiming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6285.png (35KB, 300x146px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6285.png
35KB, 300x146px
How do I get better at FPS games. I suck at aiming.
>tfw never contributing to the team when playing with friends overwatch
>>
practice
>>
>>384556763
So I just grind it out in training mode until I get it?
>>
File: ngbbs50901e4db1b12[1].jpg (76KB, 720x409px) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs50901e4db1b12[1].jpg
76KB, 720x409px
>Buy a new mechanical keyboard and 2000 DPI Razer Deathadder to make sure you're not being bottlenecked by hardware
>Buy a DXRacer Competitive Gaming Chair for optimal posture
>Buy a some Gamer Grub to keep you focused and feeling full
>>
I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
I kill with my heart.
>>
>>384556713
Number one tip is to stay calm and keep your settings consistant. If you play different fps try to keep your sensitivity as universal as possible.
>>
>>384556713
Some people just aren't good. It doesn't matter how much you practice either. Some people have godlike talent and skill because of genes. Your genes suck anon.
>>
Kovaak povohat
>>
>>384556916
My friend uses a regular microsoft keyboard and he plays better than me.
>>
>>384557067
t. I have 300 IQ
>>
Remove as many hardware limitations as possible (need mouse with good tracking, stable 144+ framerate, 144hz+ monitor).

Find the sensitivity and fov that favors whichever game you're playing, this can be done through some testing.

Focus on which angles you hit at best, which positions favor you and allow you to have better % aim.

Raw tracking is literally just practice combined with raw talent, so you can plateau really quickly depending on your talent.
>>
>>384557273
iq has nothing to do with talent. Do you think curry and LeBron are smart?? Fuck no but it doesn't matter because of superior athletic genes.
>>
>>384557398
>Do you think curry and LeBron are smart?

Maybe not conventionally, but you have to have a pretty goddamned good understanding of physics (at least implicitly/intuitively, even if they're not aware of the terminology and specific calculations involved) to pull off the kind of stuff they do.
>>
Turn your sensitivity down. If you're playing at more than ~1200 eDPI, you're a retard
>>
>>384557515
No. Having a perfect shot is nothing more than pure skill and perfect vision and depth perception. That's it anon. You've obviously never played sports.
>>
>>384557356
So do I practice in training mode?
>>
>>384557515
lmao
>>
>>384557989
You do know michael jordan got kicked out of his highschool varsity basketball team for sucking at basketball? Your argument is half correct, you wouldn't know if someone's full potential has been reached. Reason why lots of fuckers give up on shit because it's too hard when they could potentially pull off some insane shit.
>>
>>384557989
And what is "pure skill?" No, really, define what "skill" means in this context.

Do you seriously not think a person who's really good at throwing balls into hoops doesn't have an understanding of how hard you have to throw it, how fast to throw it, the kinds of angles at which it should hit the backboard so it can go into the hoop, etc.? That's all physics nigga.

Likewise, "aiming" is a combination of things. When you "track" other players you are literally employing your understanding of the game's physics engine - momentum, bullet speed (assuming it's not a hitscan weapon), etc.
>>
>>384557989
There isn't a baller alive who isn't conscious of spin, even if he knows shit about the physics involved.

Like the other anon said, what you're calling "pure skill" involves implicit understanding of how things like this apply to their trade. It's like saying a brilliant billiards player is just working literal magic by willpower alone.
>>
>>384557989
This dumbass thinks that people are basketball pros from the day they're born. Thing is, no one really knows what gift one might have, unfortunately nurturing's the only way to find out if a person is born with the gift or not. It involves hardwork, if Lebron were to whine that basketball's not easy, you think he'll be as good as he is today?
>>
Why dont you play other characters that dont require lots of aim.

Overwatch is a game in wich you can win with diferent skillsets, if you are a smarth player with good positioning and awareness you can wreck as a tank or a healer.
>>
Fucking dumbasses itt I swear.
>>
>>384556713
you git gud
>>
>>384556902
no, you play more
just play some classes that rely heavily on aiming to get their job done
i guess something like mcree should do, even though OW isn't really the best to practice i think
>>
>>384556916
I hope ur joking. Those chairs made to look like race seats are faggot shit. Just get a nice office chair and you will be a lot less gay
>>
>>384560714
So I just be really conscious of my aiming until I roughly got it down as muscle memory?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.