[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

player unknown's battlegrounds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
Is this a cash grab FOTM like I keep seeing people say on here or is this is actually any good? Also what the fuck were they thinking with the tittle? Couldn't they come up with something even more generic?
>>
>>384555094

Name is irrelevant. The game is pretty solid and is one the few early access games that has steady progress. It even has dedicated servers. Last patch improved performance by a lot and the next one is gonna introduce first person only servers and a fov slider. The devs are very clear on their development timeline and it's bound to get out of early access in october.

I no longer play it because I'm not the kind of guy who keeps returning to pvp-only games, but for the time I did it was the most intense gaming experience I've had. You can play either solo, in duo or in a squad with random people, or you can invite your friends. It's a bit unpolished right now, meaning that if you have an old pc you might run into performance issues like some textures taking a while to load. Use an SSD if available.

Play it and form your own opinions nigga. Nobody is gonna play the game for you and it's cheap as fuck. You can always refund both now before hitting the 2 hours mark or when it gets out of early access in october.
>>
>>384556045
>cheap as fuck
>30 bucks for an early-acces, multiplayer-only game

Why do people keep saying it's cheap?
>>
>>384556194

If 30 bucks for a game you'll get two opportunities to refund is too much for you, then you're either a literal teenager, meaning you should go back to 9gag, or that the last thing you should do right now is caring about whether some game is good or not and get a fucking job.
>>
>>384556278
The option of refunding is irrelevant to the initial price tag lmao retard. Also nice job just swallowing whatever price tag they throw at you. You must love EA's schemes.

>he doesnt agree
>better tell him to g-go back to 9gag, that'll show him!
>>
My brother talked me to into getting it. I was extremely skeptical as I thought it was going to be another early access pile of garbage but duo queue's with him were actually really fun. You need a pretty beefy computer though if you want max settings optimization is not great right now though I heards it improved a bit, I can't say how the lower settings will scale to weaker hardware though. I'm running a 1070/6700k and I had to turn a setting or two down at 1080p to get a 60FPS lock but I'm not an autist about absolutely needing to max everything so its whatever.

It needs a bit of polish but it played surprisingly good especially compared to other EA trash. I can say this though I played about 4-5 hours and I feel like I'll get my moneys worth and its only going to improve especially with the massive amount of cash the game is raking in. You will know within a few games before the 2 hour mark if you want to refund it or not.

>Also what the fuck were they thinking with the tittle?
Why does the title even matter? Playerunknown is the online handle of the guy behind the game, its pretty much the same thing as Kojima slapping his name on his games.
>>
>sjw dev
avoid
>>
>>384555094
How do you guys generally make it out of a cty to get to the circle? I just die a lot, no matter what I do i get killed by someone I can't see. I try to serpentine and I still die, I try to hide in some brush, still die, I can't crawl around because I die by not making it to the circle fast enough. What am i doing wrong?
>>
>>384556396
>Shitpost
Ignore
>>
>>384556396
not an argument cucklord
>>
>>384556943
and sjw dev is?
>>
>>384555094
>price of a pre-order AAA game
>early access, poor optimisation
>repetitive multiplayer walking simulator gameplay where fights last for a splitsecond and are won by the person whose connection didnt fluke out
it's just bad, there's nothing else to it
>>
Fun with friends

Not fun solo
>>
>>384556278
>2 opportunity for refund

Wait what? Can you refund games when it comes out of EA no matter how many hours you put into it?
>>
>Devs shilling on /v/ of all places

That's fucking gay. But go ahead, tell more stories of how this indie early access garbage multiplayer shit is the 2nd coming of Jesus.
>>
>>384557585
yes, a good example is killing floor 2 which the devs fucked up so people refunded after it left early access
but the joke is if the game never comes out of EA you can't refund it which is what this game will do, like ARK did/does
>>
>>384556045
>The devs are very clear on their development timeline and it's bound to get out of early access in october.
Didn't they just announce recently release was pushed back by a year?
>>
>>384555094
>pvp only
>meaning if you crank up your video settings to get a nice picture as featured on store page, you are actually gimping yourself as others turn their details as low as possible to make clutter object disappear, make shadows nonexistant as aswell as brightness adjusting or sun glare, some even fiddle with game files to make other objects see-through (trees, rocks)
>you either snipe on long distance or bunnyhop in close combat, keeping your aim all nice and steady
It's overpriced shit (it even had NO discount during summer sale) yet people buy it because streamers make it popular.

I'm glad I didn't buy it, all my friends did and they've already quit.
>>
>>384556627
If you're dropping into a city you need to have an idea of how you're going to get out. If you're hightailing it to the circle at the last second you're almost guaranteed to get picked off so you need to get a car or leave early.

If you're just starting out, you might want to stay out of cities entirely if you can help it. Stick to small villages/garage spawns. The loot isn't as good but you're not going to win anyways so concentrate on getting used to combat and figuring out what kind of guns you like.
>>
it's only good with friends
>>
>>384557181
>Price of pre-order AAA game

What the fuck are you on about? It's $30, AAA games are over 60.
>>
File: harvester ai.png (785KB, 1085x685px) Image search: [Google]
harvester ai.png
785KB, 1085x685px
>>384557906
>as others turn their details as low as possible
this is actually an issue in all pc multiplayer games
tryhards will do this using the excuse of "weak pc" and ruin the game in process

seriously devs should set some limit in lowering graphics and make it impossible to remove foliage, abuse LODs and textures.
Fuck those people with 2007 rigs.
>>
>>384558471
you can get 80% of AAA games at $30-40 from pre-ordering
only ones you can't get are usually cod, bf and the kind dudebro games
>>
>need high end pc to run it properly
>can't rip it off

And so /v/ will hate it.

It's not bad. Shows some promise. Gets updated bi weekly. Playerunknown has done some stuff to show that he is kind of a bro.
>>
>>384558124
Alright I'll start trying that. I feel like I'm just constantly being found before I can tell the shooter is. Am I just running around too much? If I'm within the circle should I be crawling around the grass and shit?
>>
>>384556396
>WAHH MY FAVORITE TWITCH STREAMER GOT BANNED
cry more, cuck
>>
>>384559259
Especially in solo you should only be moving when it's necessary
Also avoid all unnecessary sound
>>
>>384559409
Cool, thanks anon. Seeing some progress already by staying out of the bigger cities
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.