[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this is an actual picture of Dead Rising 4 what the fuck went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: deadrising411.jpg (309KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deadrising411.jpg
309KB, 1920x1080px
this is an actual picture of Dead Rising 4

what the fuck went wrong?
>>
It's the Saints Row of Zombie games
>>
>>384545153
>chose a screenshot that makes it look like a wacky zombie killing game where you can do all sorts of weird shit just for the sake of it
Try again OP, I'm sure the game actually sucks.
>>
File: 1351231419962.jpg (54KB, 317x233px) Image search: [Google]
1351231419962.jpg
54KB, 317x233px
>>384545153
I'll tell you exactly what went wrong: They took DR1, which was a game whose premise was that you're in a mall grounded by reality, where you have to use random everyday objects to survive, with hammy B-movie dialog, and saw how much people enjoyed using bizarre and unconventional weapons in unique ways.

Then they decided "you know what, THAT'S what people love. Wacky shit! Let's make them as GOOFY AS FUCKING POSSIBLE because that's what people want!" when in reality, the only reason people enjoyed those silly elements of DR1 in the first place was because they were juxtaposed against a realistic and interesting backdrop.

Dead Rising is not about "LOL SO CUHRAZEE I PUT A LASER GUN ON A BOXING GLOVE AND WORE IT ON MY DICK" it's about "I have to fight these zombies and the only thing available to me is a toy sword because I'm trapped in a shopping mall."
>>
>>384545206
>First game is very serious with a few silly moments here and there nut still has charm.
>second game ups the sillyness but not to the point of being annoying while also improving the gameplay formula
>Third game tries to cash in on the success of the previous game while completely missing what was great about it and turns the series into a mess that lacks any real depth.
>fourth game is a complete bastardization of it's name that is nothing like the rest of the series while claiming to be "going back to it's roots"

Holy fuck it really is
>>
>>384545872
>the occasional hipster insists the first game is actually the best one despite the sequel improving it in every way
You're right.
>>
File: 1466504038219.jpg (474KB, 1619x1725px) Image search: [Google]
1466504038219.jpg
474KB, 1619x1725px
>>384545153
>AnimeFreak8976
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.