[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elder Scrolls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 8

File: almalexia_by_ielay-d8dub3d.jpg (202KB, 800x1110px) Image search: [Google]
almalexia_by_ielay-d8dub3d.jpg
202KB, 800x1110px
Favorite Elder Scrolls games?

Where do you hope the next game takes place?

What is your usual build?

Elder Scrolls threads my boys.
>>
File: Vehk1.png (4MB, 1440x2028px) Image search: [Google]
Vehk1.png
4MB, 1440x2028px
Morrowang, duh.
I hope they at least try to do something nice with Elsweyr, it's one of my favorite provinces.
>>
File: 7j6twztohv8x.jpg (96KB, 1000x550px) Image search: [Google]
7j6twztohv8x.jpg
96KB, 1000x550px
>>384542575
To answer my own thread.

>Morrowind
>Summerset Isles
>Spellsword of some kind

And then let's discuss how to fix the series my dudes?

I personally think Skyrim's levelling system is a step in the right direction but lacks some fundamental limitations and variations. If there were more skill trees, fewer but more impactful perks (rather than flat damage increases or armor enhancements) and there were a level cap which would limit your playstyle somewhat I think the game would work better than Morrowind/Oblivion's leveling system.

While it is missing some of the RPG elements like attributes; they don't bode too well for the free-form nature of Elder Scrolls and the bonus system of the past games was completely broken with you needing to grind certain skills in order to maximize your character's effectiveness.

That's why I sort of like Skyrim's approach but I wish you had some more options: For example if you were granted "100 skill points" which you could divide into health, magicka, or fatigue that would add a level of customization that is lacking in skyrim. Similarly armor segmentation should definitely be brought back to near Morrowind levels or at least Oblivion levels, so players can customize their appearance a bit more. Medium armor should also be brought back as well as throwing weapons, spears, and I would include ball and chain weapons or whips.
>>
>>384542764
Definitely agree my dude.

I would also love Elsweyr so long as it were done right and considering how much they damaged the lore in Skyrim and in Cyrodil I think it would be hard for them to do it justice. But I think Elsweyr, Hammerfell, and Summerset Isles have the best landscape variety. I love the idea on paper of Black Marsh but I don't imagine that there would be too much landscape variety. High Rock would be the one that Bethesda would be least likely to fuck up I would think.
>>
File: ordinator1.png (3MB, 953x1561px) Image search: [Google]
ordinator1.png
3MB, 953x1561px
>>384543235
Part of me just wishes there isn't a TES game because I just know it's not going to live up to expectations and they are just going to ruin another province.

And really, my perfect TES game would just be:
Take Morrowind, now replace the combat with something like Mount & Blade. Keep the perks from Skyrim, but like you said, make them fewer and more meaningful and useful. Actually improve the fucking AI, especially for stealth. Maybe decrease the number of spells so you don't have a shitload of similar ones, instead focus on having a few good pre-made ones but instead give lots of opportunities for the players to create their own stuff. Make more interesting NPCs and add more dialogue options too, there's also no point about having the "talk to everyone" bullshit when everyone barely has any unique dialogue, fill up your towns with generic NPCs already and focus on a couple interesting characters.
Anyways, there's probably more stuff I can remember.
And bring back Morrowind lore. Seriously. Main point here.
>>
>>384543869
You read my damn mind dude!

Mount and Blade combat would work very well I feel, even if it lacks a little more of its nuances. People often complain about Oblivion or Skyrim's combat and say it needs a dedicated dodge button to make it more engaging but I think that would add a heap of mechanics to make it feel good and at that point it wouldn't feel like a TES game at all because you'd probably be forced out of a first person perspective.

If you had a dedicated dodge button dodging in first person would either be extremely disorientating or would look completely unrealistic. And usually in games with dedicated dodge buttons you also have lock-on mechanics as well which I don't think would work as well in games like Skyrim as they do in other action titles.

The best approach as you said would be something more similar to Mount and Blade or even Chivalry. Make directional swinging a thing (you don't even need to bring in the speed bonuses of Mount and Blade if you don't want to) and then have directional parrying and already that would feel much more dynamic. Certain weapon types might be limited to which directions they could swing from but would have enhanced damage, speed, or reach making a build that uses multiple weapon types actually viable.

Parrying could work in two ways; the simple way it's done in MB where you simply press the parry button as soon as you recognize the direction a character will swing from and then your character immediately parries that way, and then to add a higher skill ceiling with a payoff add count-swings which would stagger opponents further.

And in MB shields deteriorate in combat scenarios but are fine after combat, to replace that I would introduce a limb based damage system. So block would eventually wear down your arms status to where you could no longer raise your shield.
>>
Morrowind is my favorite, and I don't think nostalgia is a factor because I played Skyrim and Oblivion first. That being said, I hope the next setting is elsweyr.

Skyrim was a huge game, but something about how the NPC's talked made it seem so empty.
>>
>>384542575
Skyrim of course!
I can't wait til Skyrim 2!
I feel bad for saying that. Each game has their own merits and flaws but i have fond memories, and therefore, a bias towards Oblivion.
That being said, I'm looking forward to Hammerfell, though i'd also be really hype for Elsweyr
>>
>>384542575
Daggerfall.
Unironically akaviri
Two handed sword with light armor, with light magic in there, mostly for self healing.
>>
File: Veloth.png (2MB, 785x1061px) Image search: [Google]
Veloth.png
2MB, 785x1061px
>>384544524
I don't think you even need the shield deterioration, just need a little rebalance like not being able to use it all the time as it would make fighting too easy.
The M&B combat seems perfect for a TES game to me, it seems like Morrowind even tried to a much lesser extent doing something like it with the different types of attack (namely thrust, chop and slash).
They should stop with the damage sponges enemies too, it's just retarded. Lower the health on enemies, and the player too, every attack does a good amount of damage so you have to play it smart. That way the combat can be fast-paced, fun, and still require tactics and skill to it.

But then again, we also need to keep in mind magic and stealth are a thing. How would you fix those?
I was thinking something like Dishonored (only played the original, don't know about 2). I love the combat in the game and the few offensive spells it has are pretty useful. But then again, you can't go full mage in that game.
>>
File: 1411888229668.jpg (687KB, 1251x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1411888229668.jpg
687KB, 1251x1800px
>>384542575
Oblivion

I dunno really, I'm more concerned with the quality of recent bethesda games than where it's actually set. They need to at least figure out some better writing/quests or I'll be pretty disappointed.

I don't like rushing in generally so I'm one of those people who always ends up making a stealth archer
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.