[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Admit it /v/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

This is a GREAT game. It's just a BAD Metal Gear game.
>great controls
>great PC port
>great soundtrack
>great visuals
>great voice acting(I miss David)
>great longevity
>great cinematography
>>
>>384534776
Honestly I find it hard to hate with how much I loved chapter 1
but chapter 2 killed my boner
>>
>>384535056
Content was clearly cut. Which I blame Konami
>>
I'd kill for a Mercenary Sandbox action-rpg that plays like TPP but has the depth of something like Jagged Alliance 2 in regards to building up a PF
>>
I personally loved the game; for me the most important thing about a videogame is the gameplay and that alone makes MGSV a great game in my eyes. That's why DOOM, Dark Souls 3 and Nioh were my GOTY for 2016 and 2017. Also, I think it was the evolution of the Metal Gear games; you felt like you were actually a stealth operative in a war zone.
>>
>>384534776
Controls are generic TPS shit
PC port doesn't let you use mouse in menus
Soundtrack is boring, instantly forgetable trash
Visuals are only good by PS3 standards
Aside from Keifer, the VA is cringy, especially Miller and Skullface
The game is padded without repetitive trash, fuck the longevity
Cinematography overuses the no cuts gimmick, meanwhile nothing interesting ever happens
>>
>>384534776
3 was a bad metal gear game, every subsequent game in the series built on that
>>
>>384534776
Yeah, I agree. The game would be fantastic if it didn't have the expectations a Metal Gear game does. The story being so bad is the killer for me tho. since I was so invested in getting the end to MGS's plot. It's hard to get past the disappointment and enjoy the game to it's fullest extent. It's sad that Konami did what they did. The game could have been truly one of the greatest of all time.
>>
>It's a good X game, but a bad Y game
Fuck off shitposter, either it's good or it isn't.
>>
>>384538743
Only a faggot deals in absolutes
>>
>>384538815
Well, MGSV is absolute shit.
>>
Been playing MGS since the first and I disagree. I was surprised it was so good. I thought after Peacewalker there was no hope. Glad I was wrong.
>>
>>384534776
I honestly can't remember a single song from this game. Besides woaahhh ohhhhhhhhhh but mostly because of how grating it was.
>>
>>384536545
Wow... didn't think I would see someone hate a gsme so much they would delude themselves to think that every part of a good game is bad. I am sorry for you anon.
>>
File: 1500484153528.png (116KB, 213x285px) Image search: [Google]
1500484153528.png
116KB, 213x285px
>>384539150
same as this

>>384535056
and this

>>384534776
I wouldn't say the voice acting was great. I didn't like Keifer at all. And Skullface sounded hammy and stupid even for a Metal Gear villain.

Not to mention the story was really fucking stupid too.
>>
>>384534776

I feel like if Kojima had the chance to fully realize his vision for the game it would be amazing. With a more content filled open world, a better story without all the plot holes, and more interesting missions the game would be absolutely perfect. As it stands now it's only meh for me, in terms of everything else besides the gameplay and controls.
>>
It's not even a good game.
>three empty maps, one which serves zero purpose
>infinite ammo at all times
>half the game spent in a helicopter
>terrible "bosses" with way too much health
>narcissistic gook puts his name everywhere
>credits after every mission
>the dumbest fucking story in recent years
Take Metal Gear out of it and you have an even worse game.
>>
>>384534776
great game, just bloated.

im still havent finished since i keep doing side quests. im on chapter 23.
>>
File: grimgravy.jpg (41KB, 492x377px) Image search: [Google]
grimgravy.jpg
41KB, 492x377px
>>384539340
>Skullface sounded hammy and stupid even for a Metal Gear villain.

is this possible?
>>
>>384539340
Kiefer was great.
>>
>>384538985
>>384538743
Eh? Nah. It's good for people new to the franchise who wanted great gameplay with a smidge of story, but not for those who were interested in learning more about the metal gear lore.
>>
File: 2015-10-18_00012.jpg (537KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-18_00012.jpg
537KB, 1920x1080px
all fucking niggers must fucking hang
>>
>>384534776
>its a great game just not a great x game
I bought mg because i wanted a great mg game
>>
>>384534776
>great controls

Not really. They're passable, but Snake's turn radius is too low and there aren't enough options.

>great PC port

True, besides the lack of mouse support in menus.

>great soundtrack

True, but it's still the weakest of the series.

>great visuals

Not really. LOD is abysmal, lot's of miscellaneous assets look PS2 tier, and the environments lack physics. The character models and lighting are the only things that really look good, which is surprising because the character models are actually pretty low poly.

>great voice acting(I miss David)

Not really, You have some characters that are doing typical over-the-top campy Metal Gear shit like Otacon, Paz, and Skullface, and other trying to be series and devoid of all personality like Ocelot, and Snake. I'm not saying the voice acting was the greatest in the past games, but at least it was consistent.

>great longevity

No. Most of it's length is padding and the replayability is killed by the huge downtime between missions.

>great cinematography

I guess, but there's barely any cutscenes anyway.

That said, it's still a great game. 7/10
>>
>>384539845
>And I will show you my demon!
>Such a lust for revenge... WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeah I think it's possible.
>>
>>384540739
I guess I just felt like it wasn't any crazier than the feel of the game itself. Cinematography always felt like it was overly campy in a great way, villain kinda matched it.
>>
>>384534776
just like Breath of the Wild - a good game, a bad Zelda.

I wonder why they can't deliver masterpieces like MGS1 and OoT anymore. It's been 19 years. I mean, both series had pretty good games since then, but none revolutionized the genre as much as their first transitions to 3D.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.