[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black and white 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: Black_&_White_2_Coverart.png (141KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
Black_&_White_2_Coverart.png
141KB, 256x363px
why did't they make more black and white games?

and general black and white thread
>>
>>384524168

Peter Peckerwood was too interested in making fable games and B&W 2 flopped.
>>
>>384524168
Because Molyneux
>>
>>384524914
>>384525007
I personly belive i was one of the best games of all time
>>
>>384525220
I agree, loved the series
>>
>>384524168
>tfw have to go through a bunch of bullshit to even attempt to play those games
Saddens me.
>>
Lionhead needed a publisher for B&W, so they sold it to EA.
Then Lionhead needed someone to publish Fable, so they went for Microsoft.
Microsoft wanted Fable, so they bought up Lionhead.
Like everything Microsoft touches, Fable failed and Lionhead died.
>>
>>384525296
i tried to install it again on windos 10, but it woudent work
>>
>>384525367
well this world just got more depressing
>>
>>384525220
You mean 2?

Really?
>>
>>384526029
yeah

guess it's my type of game
>>
>>384526236
I can't say I agree with you.

For me, 2 was basically a downgrade over 1 in every single aspect but graphics.

Man, those creatures looked good at the time.
>>
>>384526347
i can'y say i have so much experience with 1, so i can't disagrees
>>
>>384526347
waht did 2 miss that 1 had?
>>
I adored 2 but holy FUCK I just couldnt get past that 2nd Japanese map.

No fucking resources anywhere near the starting zone goddamn.
>>
>>384525367
No do you retarded fable 3 hurt the series. I still blame MS for the fable Kinect and trying to chase the F2P market with legends
>>
>>384526673
kek

I did it with just the seven samurai and my creature
>>
>>384526774
Fable never was the massive success Microsoft tried to market. They killed the series with all the spinoffs no one asked for and, of course, the Kinect crap.
And then they killed Lionhead.
>>
>>384524168
>Get the urge to play this series again
>B&W1 installs but won't launch on any compatibility settings
>B&W2 won't even read
I fucking hate everything
>>
>>384527492
Fable 1 was a great success and Fable 2 performed well.

They killed it 3 and raped its corpse with The Journey and that retarded RPG thing they had planned.
>>
>>384527492
It could of but the game had a lot of unfilled promises.
>>
>>384524168
Why hasn't anyone made a sequel or a spiritual successor? With today's tech you can make an amazing god game
>>
>>384527728
I tried to look up forums to make them playable on my commuter, but those pages has not been updated since 2008
>>
>>384527729
The first Fable sold about 3 million across every platform and counting The Lost Chapters, right? A moderate success.
Well, this may sound strange, but not every game that sells well is a great success and not every success actually lasts and go on to become a classic.
Gex 3 sold 3 million on the Playstation alone, yet no one cares.

I believe Microsoft shat all those spinoffs while trying to convice gamers that Fable was bigger than it actually was.
>>
File: 1454977450651.jpg (34KB, 448x545px) Image search: [Google]
1454977450651.jpg
34KB, 448x545px
>>384528821
>Black and white 2
>no skirmish
>can't create new maps

an amazing game, but hey, there's so little interesting about it that it won't get tainted by a "remastered" version
>>
>>384525507
>>384527728
>>384528473
Try playing them via a virtual machine?
>>
File: The Movies_1776j.jpg (45KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
The Movies_1776j.jpg
45KB, 500x706px
When the Wii was first announced, the first game I tought for it was a Black & White sequel.
But Microsoft already owned Lionhead thanks to Fable.

Years later Microsoft announced the Kinect, so Black & White would be a logical choice for it. Yet they gave us nothing, perhaps because Black & White is owned by EA and EA wouldn't let a Microsoft studio develop the game.

Well, how about a new The Movi-
>owned by Activision
How can Peter sleep at night?
>>
>>384529162
Microsoft owns the IP actually, they've been sitting on it all these years
>>
>>384527882
And now, that they actually can give us a Fable like they wanted to do, they gave us this heap of shit.
Who the fuck asked for this? And how they managed to make it worse in every single aspect?
>>
Surprised they never tried to do a motion control B&W game, interface seems perfect for it. You're literally a floating hand.
>>
>>384528040

Most companies would consider it a financial risk since top-down games haven't done well in the recent past.
>>
>>384531596

It would require sensing your fingers which they claimed the kinect would be able to do but obviously it couldn't.
>>
>punishing your creature
I am so sorry. Forgive me.

I could never get 2 to work on my computer but damn if I didn't love the first one.
Bought the first one again but I couldn't get it to start up.
>>
Because the second one sucked.
>>
>>384526658
Not the guy you asked, but i played both games, so i can at least tell you my opinion.
>The second game played like a modern mobile game with microtransactions without actually having them
>City buidling was broken, even if you built the shitty evil buildings so you could have an ample population and raise an army, the "impresiveness" of your city eclipsed anything that the AI could put together
>The creatures are too small, but this can be forgiven because of the balancing for the RTS combat
>It made creature combat boring
>Behaviours and spells had to be bought from a not-google store (Yeah, i know i pretty much said the same thing in the first point, but i am still salty)
>Conquering enemy villages instead of impressing them was more hassle than it was worth

I mean, i loved the graphics, the city building was okay, the RTS side could have been more polished, etc. There was potential.

I could stay here all night naming the various faults the first game had, it wasn't the perfect game by far, but B&W2 changed the mechanics into something that i couldn't enjoy after having played the first game.
>>
>>384524168
Because disappointment is a powerful shitty thing.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.