[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Runescape

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

File: YOU_HAVE_TO_GO_BACK.jpg (74KB, 1282x901px) Image search: [Google]
YOU_HAVE_TO_GO_BACK.jpg
74KB, 1282x901px
What made it so damn good back in the day? I have never found another game that can even come close to the magic that runescape had back in 2007.
>>
Why not play OSRS? Isn't it basically the same thing?
>>
>>384521790
because you were young and too poor to afford world of warcraft or FFXI.
>>
>>384522160
No they keep adding stupid shit to the game and it's just not the same. That and everyone just treats the ge like the only way to do business. Makes me sad.
>>
Because it was probably everyones first MMORPG and everything was so new and exciting.
>>
reminder to check out /v/scape
there's a thread on /vg/ most of the time
most authentic 2007 experience out there
>>384522160
no, it's more like RS3: Alternative Universe
>>
>>384522218
Can confirm.
I sold my green partyhat to some retard via paypal early-mid 2006 and was able to afford a nice PC that could run WoW. Sold off my RS account for good about a year later.
>>
>>384522553
why the fuck would I to some shitty private server run by a bunch of autistic people? Private servers are nothing but a bunch of shitty kids trying to put together runescape with stack overflow copied code. Waste of my damn time.
>>
>Mobile OSRS coming later this year.

I... I might pick it back up just to check it out. Yeah.
>>
>>384522717
>jagex mad that our admins do a better job
>>
because you were young and everything is fun at that age

wish i hadn't wasted my middleschool years playing this
>>
File: 1485752114366.png (295KB, 829x663px) Image search: [Google]
1485752114366.png
295KB, 829x663px
>>384522160
>re add GE
>game dies for the second time
>>
my friend tried to get me to play this in like 2005 and i just couldn't get into it. even back then it looked shitty and had terrible slow gameplay
>>
>>384522750
fucking phoneposters they killed any quality on 4chan now they are going to ruin runescape even more. jegex is going to dumb the game down so that stupid kiddies can play their game and not be at a disadvantage while they do so. It's going to be total bullshit. screencap this.
>>
Runescape is still the best MMO simply because it has updates every single week and the most content of any MMO

Name an MMO with more shit to do. You can't
>>
>Remember being excited making my first 100k
>Economy is so fucked, some players have over 2b gp now
>>
File: stefan.jpg (145KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
stefan.jpg
145KB, 1920x1080px
>>384522360
Would you have preferred them not adding anything to OSRS? If they had kept it the way it was on release then endgame content would be
>neitiznot helm
>torso
>barrows legs
>whip
>rune defender
>climbing boots

and your choices of difficult bosses would be
>king black dragon
>kalphite queen
>jad

you could beat all of the content the game has to offer (besides autistic shit like leveling everything to 99) and have the best gear in the game in under 2 weeks of play. updates are 100% necessary.
>>
>>384522717
This
/v/scape is ded and OSRS is just some money grab from jagex, the game is just a former shell of itself
>>
>>384523218
GWD was 2007 bucko. And yes, I would have preferred authentic 2007 over what we got
>>
>>384522360
This, played my balls off when OSRS came out. Dropped like a hot potato when they kept jamming these stupid ass updates in.
>>
>>384523278
If every person who complained about /v/scape being ded actually played, it wouldn't be ded.
>>
>>384523218
not all the shit is stupid, the wilderness content at first was great. I feel that the foutain of rune was a great addition to the game, up until they added in eternal glories and a teleport right near it. everything else about it was awesome, especially the +6 charges to dstone stuff.
>>
>>384523447
>>384523278
what is vscape
>>
>>384523154
pking it going to be so much easier with a touch screen hahahaha u mad boi? x^)
depending on how moving the camera & zooming is handeled
>>
>>384521790

>2007

nigga it was old and busted by then.
>>
>>384522160
>it's basically the same thing
lol
>>
>>384523508
>>>/vg/182965330
>>
>>384523447
I play it, it's dead and full of faggots that I hate playing with
>>
>>384523330
GWD was not in OSRS on release. Your "authentic" experience has basically no PvM content worth doing at all.
>>
>>384523508
runescape private server run by /v/irgins
>>
>>384523606
because OSRS was incomplete on release. They used the closest backup they had
>>
File: Noice.png (82KB, 282x204px) Image search: [Google]
Noice.png
82KB, 282x204px
>>384523583
thank will check out
>>
>>384522218
This, Runescape isn't a good game but it's decent enough that young kids can play it and be blown away by the idea of a permanent, online world to explore filled with real people.
>>
>>384523772
I enjoyed it because it felt like there was real progression in the game, you started of fighting cows and goblins and ended your free to play quest with slaying a mother fucking dragon. felt like a real level up
>>
>>384521790
Be honest, everyone, no lying to feel like you were one of the "oldschool" RS players.

Did any of you know that the peak of RS was undoubtedly 2006?

2007 actually marked the death of RS2 when the Grand Exchange came out everyone thought it was a great update, but slowly but surely, it was the start of everything bad.

Runescape was amazing PRE 2007, and the best on 2006.

It was a great game because everything was so meaningful, it was a MMORPG where you could play with a huge amount of players (it was also the first video game to become popular through YouTube, if any of you remember all of those videos about it, a few of them are still up I think.)

Before the Grand Exchange, everything was a lot harder too, and you could either screw around and have fun with people in groups, or grind to become #1 like Zezima was.

I remember I had a full inventory of half-full wine jugs at the exact same second they were discontinued, and the price when up like to 1,100+ in like a second, I thought it was people abusing the GE because that happened a lot at that time with merchanting, so I sold them off, I'm still assblasted to this day, I had no idea they were discontinued.

2007scape will never capture the culture and the real feel that 2006-pre2007scape had.
>>
>>384523757
They added it because people quickly released 2007 runescape has jack shit to do and it needed updates. GWD was just one of the first allowed.
>>
>>384523995
you're misinformed
>>
>>384523982
I agree the grand exchange was awful, I played with a guild of people who filled orders for people for ores and shit. It was a good time profits were shared and all that good shit. Then the ge came out and killed the whole thing. I was pissed.
>>
>>384523982
Fun Fact: GE was released late 2007.
/v/scape is early 2007
>>
>>384522218
Those were both roller coaster MMOs
>>
>>384523583
How are the skills? I've played other private servers and nothing ever worked right. Farming was always fucked.
>>
>>384524312
I've heard that the people who do it are very against the idea of having the ge in.
>>
This is the cancer of OSRS. Prove me wrong.
oldschoolrunescape(.)wikia(.)com/wiki/Category:Old_School-exclusive_content
>>
File: Tyler.jpg (1MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
Tyler.jpg
1MB, 5000x5000px
>>384521790
what the fuck is going on with runescape on v in the past couple years? literally no one talked about this game at its supposed peak here in 2007 and for ages afterwards. is this what its like to be on the outside of a demographic shift?
>>
File: christwhatthefuck.png (14KB, 251x257px) Image search: [Google]
christwhatthefuck.png
14KB, 251x257px
>>384524505
but anon I can't
>>
>>384524391
skills are fine, Construction was added recently. Hunter's one of the few skills not in.
>>
The game has only three problems right now

>Movement-based combat mechanics
Because that totally belongs in a laggy-as-fuck game. Fuck that, especially in boss fights.
>Pay-for anything except actual membership
Bonds are nice, though.
>Empty world's
Having an entire room of monsters/resources to yourself is profitable but it's boring as fuck.

Fixing these three things would bring Runescape back to its glory days.
>>
>>384524564
everyone was underage when rs was at it's peak.
You didn't underage post here did you?
>>
>>384522553
/v/scale is fucking garbage. I played it for the first week of it's existence then quit. Just looking at the general you can see how cancer it has become with attention posters and shit.

/rsg/ doesn't have that shit.
>>
>>384524808
absolutely and at least half of v was underage then and probably still is now. getting banned for being underage was and still is a joke played on those too stupid to not tell the internet that theyre 14. people posted about all sorts of garbage mmos that were filled with underage faggots but runescape wasnt one of them.
>>
File: Original Jagex Seal of Quality.png (257KB, 2000x1986px) Image search: [Google]
Original Jagex Seal of Quality.png
257KB, 2000x1986px
>>384524879
Nice post jegex
>>
File: checklist.png (49KB, 632x1204px) Image search: [Google]
checklist.png
49KB, 632x1204px
>>384524312
It felt even later than that to me too.
>>
>>384522160
Everyone is all about xp efficiency instead of enjoying the game. Getting those 99s are all that matters
>>
I don't know but I'm actually playing RS3 and it's pretty fucking good.
>>
>>384523154
How can you dumb down what is pretty much a clicker? Autism much?
>>
>>384525910
Current RS3 is arguably better than current OSRS. At least the exclusive content in RS3 is good. Not that I'll ever play either game ever again with how much Jagex fucked them up.
>>
>>384522553
Fuck off, we're full
>>
>>384522160
but it isn't
the community is different instead of being a mix of younger kids teens and adults, the Osrs playerbase is a good portion adults i'd say atleast 50% and their all worried about xp per hour efficiency
for fucks sake the devs have to state how much xp per hour you can earn with a new area or kill object and it has to be higher to persuade people to try use it
>>
>>384526190
Current OSRS players are insufferable faggots. If they add anything new, they have to fine tune XP/hr to make sure it reflects current methods. If the new shit is "easier" than whatever the current meta is, it better not give more XP/hr than the meta. Basically anything they add to spice up training is DOA.
>>
>>384524879
You know they've updated since over 2 years ago, right?
>>
>>384522383
This. Back then the internet was new for many people and runescape was a free alternative to Ultima, Daoc, and Everquest. For me it was the first chance to play with and meet people online. Plus I was able to send messages to my friends and get replies instantly. With the addition with fatigue, sleeping bags and non sellable holiday items, it was obvious jagex would eventually kill their own game.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.