[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm losing interest in video games. HELP PLEASE!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
I probably shouldn't be asking 4chain for help cause I'll be told to fuck off, anyway heres the basic rundown
>be me
>be 19 working during the summer
>bought 43" 4k tv
>can now play pc games laying down on bed being fatass
>launch dark souls 3
>run around for a second, get bored, and close it
>do this for Witcher 3, Dark Souls 2, DE:HR and every other game
>decide to launch up HBO to watch movie
>happy the whole way through and ready to watch another one
Whats wrong with me /v/? Am I finally growing up? Can someone give me some good games that will help get back into gaming. Fun games that are fun to play, please
>>
>be me
Kill yourself
>>
>>384521510
you just need a break anon
>>
>>384521775
this is easy to say, but unless you have another hobby to build or work on it can be hard to maintain a break.
>>
>>384521510
What >>384521775 says, vidya is more for something you do to relax, and it seems like you're taking them a bit far
If you still feel bored after the break, try doing challenge runs, like SL1, or do low-level invasion builds. Those invasion builds always got me back into DaSIII when I got bored
It's the lack of variety you're feeling
>>
Maybe play better games?
>>
File: 12245687.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
12245687.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
How long has this been happening?
Also,
>give me fun game
doesn't really help at all. I'm not a mind reader.
You may need to play vidya a little less to make it more interesting.
Also, branch out and experiment a little.
I was having a slump then decided to be on the same page with my friends and buy games with them, this helped out.
Then, another slump I had where I became disillusioned with a lot of modern games, so I decided to play some older stuff.
This is how I discovered Bomberman 64, Ace Combat, and Yakuza. There are some good titles to emulate out there.
Again, no one here has your psych profile, so if you're looking for game recommendations, offer up some info.
>>
Stop making these fucking threads and find something else to do with your life
>>
>>384521510
Asking 4chan 4help... loser...kill yusef
>>
>>384522313
>Stop making these fucking threads
Is this a common thread?
>>
>can't stand playing vidya outside of one or two games
>wind up learning how to make maps for them
>now have >600 hours in the editor and >800 hours inna game
Gotta redirect your interests and efforts to something that's rewarding, like not playing video games
>>
>>384521510
>help get back into gaming.
Why would I want to drag somebody back into the bucket.
>>
>>384522237
I haven't been talking to my friends recently. I think I'll do that. In terms of fun games, I mean I want something that isn't trying to make me feel something other than excited. Arcade like games. MGR and GTA are good examples of "fun" games for me. LA noire and Witcher aren't.
>>
Find a new hobby fucking retard. 2 weeks ago my shit band got a gig playing on a boat for a 40 year wedding celebration. We fucking suck and butchered the whole set but these motherfuckers were so drunk they loved it and passed around our business card to everyone.
>>
>>384521510
>DaS2, 3, Witcher 3, Deus Ex
>Each after the next

This is why. Try not to play so many big, same-y games in such a short period. Pace yourself to 1 or 2 at a time. Take a break, too.
>>
>>384521510

Play that one game you always love, even if you just fuck arround

For me that game is Stalker and VTM:B
>>
>>384521510

Video game industry is in a bad spot at the moment, especially on the big westernews side.

Come back in 5-8 years and see if they told Hollywood types to fuck off. If not, maybe play a couple indie games and Gook approved animus, or just do away with it completely.
>>
>>384522435
in different ways, it's asked fairly often.
>>
>>384522435
Why do you think most people hate video games here and seem jaded as fuck?
>>
>>384521510
>Loads 4-5 games of the same genre
>Is bored
You're burnt out. Play something different. Get into a couple of games from different genres.

If you only play RPGs all the time, for example, you'll get sick of playing RPGs after a while.
>>
>hi /v/, im starting to hate my life ruining habit, can you help me reignite my passion for it?

fkn burgers
>>
>>384522670
Ace Combat and Yakuza might be up your alley then.
I'm still on the first Yakuza since I'm new to the series, but I've played some of 3 and the gameplay is really nice. The first game controls kind of clunky though.
For Ace Combat, I thoroughly recommend 5. It's just pure hype.
>>
>>384521510
fuck off
>>
>>384524281
To add, play 3 games of different genres on rotation. Like>>384522880 says you're essentially playing the same shit. Mix it up with a fps and then chill with a building game or the Sims or something in the evening while watching TV.
>>
>>384521510

you feel obligated to accomplish something with your life

take care of that first and then return to video games
>>
>>384524458
obussesudo
>>
>>384521510
You've probably played those games to death already, move on to some other ones and take breaks. Here, I'll give you a list of some of the most incredible games out there, don't come back until you've finished everything:

Okami
Silent Hill 2
Journey
Shadow of the Colossus
ICO
NieR: Automata
BioShock 1
Metro 2033
Metal Gear franchise
Catherine
Myst
Riven: The Sequel to Myst
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Beyond Good & Evil
Mirror's Edge
Dear Esther
Steins;Gate
Touhou Project
Portal 2
Bayonetta
>>
>>384524669
That's kind of where I am at, it's hard to play games if you feel guilty or like you could be accomplishing more.
>>
File: jackie-chan-stuntmaster-usa.jpg (88KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
jackie-chan-stuntmaster-usa.jpg
88KB, 600x593px
>>384524782

missed one
>>
>>384524782
>Nier 2 instead of 1
now I really can't take this seriously
>>
>>384525549
thanks anon. I'll have them all downloaded by tomorrow and will play them. I'll skip Jackie Chan cause I assume its a meme.
>>
>>384521510
Movies are more of a nu-male pastime. Traditionally males outgrow movies at about age 17-18.
>>
>>384521510
>19
>already tired of vidyashit
There is hope for you yet.
>>
>>384525974
Jackie Chan wasn't me but no problem, have fun.
>>384525649
I was going to put them both but forgot the first NieR, my bad.
>>
>>384526089
Nice bait.
>>
>>384521510
try some shitty mmo
>>
>>384521510
Play good games like Unreal Tournament 99, Half-Life 1 or something.
Stop making your expectations super high.
>>
i wish i had lost my passion for videogames at 19

not that i regret my time spent playing videogames. its just that there really hasnt been any interesting innovations or new styles of game in fucking years, so there's nothing fun to play. and i dont have the motivation to do anything else
>>
>>384526963
Play something good from the days of yonder.
>>
>>384524782
>Dear Esther
Nah
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.