[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Newfag to the MG series needs help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: mgseverything09.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px)
mgseverything09.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
So I recently completed Phantom Pain and despite having some pacing issues, the twist being spoiled for me and the second act being extremely underwhelming compared to its short to be continued preview I enjoyed the game.

So with that being said I would like to ask some of you who been playing these games for years whether or not it would be worth trying the other titles and if so how would a pc user be able to play 3 and 4 and if its not possible if I should just bite the bullet with those that are.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K977NxGhyU
>>
>>384513836
woah thats farely meaty but thanks for the vid none the less man.
>>
>>384513740
MGS and MGS2 Substance (enhanced ver of Sons of Liberty) have a (bad) PC ports but they're functional.
MGS3 Subsistence can be emulated easily using PCSX2 1.4.0
MGS4 requires a PS3, there's no other way around it.
>>
3 is easily emulated, you are a 12 year old for not knowing this.

4 is stuck to ps3 and regarded as the worst in gameplay, which is still pretty amazing by most game standards. its got a lot of cutscenes which breaks up the gameplay
>>
>>384513957
>>384513740

Don't you fucking dare be one of those plebs who watches games rather than playing them.
>>
>>384514256
Oh I wouldnt dare if I can help it because watching until dawn with a friend was just brutal.
>>
>>384514081
>MGS and MGS2 Substance (enhanced ver of Sons of Liberty) have a (bad) PC ports but they're functional.
there's a recent fix for MGS 2 that fixes most of the problems: https://github.com/VFansss/mgs2-v-s-fix

anyways OP, play them in order.
>>
>>384514951
chrono or number ?
>>
>>384513740

is this about mgs V? i played the first 30min of this game last night high as fuck i had to crawl in hospital in front of me was another man crawling and u could see his butthole then theres this man in flames who the butthole man sprayed water on and then there were these guys who couldnt see shit but only hear then i skipped some cutscenes and fireman i skip another one and before i knew it i was on horse while butthole man was driving and i had to shoot the fireman then i skipped some cutscene and i was in afghanistan
>>
>>384513740
Start playing MGS1. Try to get the PS1 version to work somehow because the PC version, while functional, is still mostly just missing some small things from the original.
MGS2 isn't as bad assuming you can get a controller working. You still have to work around being unable to lower your weapon once aiming and full auto weapons are scary dangerous for the same reason but it's workable.
>>
>>384515117
number
everything gets retconned by newer entries anyway
>>
>>384515305
Ah its one of those narratives ill be sure to follow your instructions then.
>>
>>384515295
Man youd think there would be big money in some small company doing outsourced port work nowadays but it is what it is I guess
>>
>>384515212
What a lovely summer breeze
>>
>>384515634
The extra credits in MGS1 PC for "PSX conversion" are kinda funny. It's just a short list of some east european names.
This was the version I first played of the game and I was kinda pissed when I realized things like how alert music had been cut in half. I get lack of multichannel music effects and most framebuffer effects missing, but shit like that was just so cheap. No glow effect on codec either.
On the positive side there's no input lag or frame rate drops like in PSX version and the first person mode is kinda hilarious.
>>
>>384516204
I guess considering their age I could easily get multiple versions of the game since im extremely autistic with ports and a is better than b so I hate the game I know ill love the comparison between em.
>>
Utterly shameless self bump
Blind play of MGS peacewalker
twitch /quaztang
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.