[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

N64

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3343.jpg (53KB, 900x424px)
IMG_3343.jpg
53KB, 900x424px
Buy or Emulate?
>>
Depends: do you have money or no?
>>
Emulation for this is kinda shit, and most games require certain tweaks & plugins to get it working.
>>
Wait for the N64 mini
>>
Emulate and use a CRT monitor (find on Craigslist or in your mom's basement) for the cheapest but most true experience
>>
Buy a USB N64 Controller and configure it.
You'll be pretty much set for most games.
There's only a handful that don't work properly.
Also if you do consider buying, don't bother with eBay. Most cartridges don't work.
>>
>>384509309
This, unfortunately.
>>
>>384509134
Buy, this is by far the worst system to emulate.
>>
>>384509309
What about official emulation?
>>
N64 emulation is garbage, and it's likely going to be that way for another several years.

Good luck tracking down real hardware withing giving up your first-born child. The eBay scalpers have already bought up all the consoles they can get their hands on.
>>
I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me a link to an adware free download of the newer emulators so I can play Voyager of Time again.
>>
File: 1497143935952.png (406KB, 495x538px) Image search: [Google]
1497143935952.png
406KB, 495x538px
>>384509134
>Not buying a Sega Saturn
It'll be shit, anon. They said Nintendo will stick with the cartridges instead to moving on to CD.
>>
Seriously, what the fuck went wrong with N64 emulation? It's been 21 years since this thing came out.
>>
get a dream cast instead. Don't even need to buy games for i,t that shit is easy to pirate for.
>>
You could try investing in a cheap used Wii, softmod it, and download a bunch of N64 VC WADs. This limits you to whatever games Nintendo has released for VC, but the quality of emulation is leaps and bounds ahead of anything you can accomplish for personal computers.

Also, there are emulated ports of Zelda OoT and Majora's Mask for GameCube. You're looking to pay an upward of USD $40 for one of those discs, though.
>>
>>384509309
I don't have any problems running anything.
Hell even PJ64 can run most of the games and its a piece of shit
>>
>>384510000
Nintendo's emulator is only adjusted for games they officially re-release on VC. It doesn't play more obscure titles any better than PC emulators I believe.
>>
>>384509134
>not already owning the one you got for christmas when you were 12 you underage fucking faggot
>>
>>384510919
So those like 20 games you can play on virtual console are they at least good?
>>
>>384509134
emulate for graphics
buy for the full experience
>>
>>384510994
i tell a lie, i was 9 when i got it, not 12, just checked the year
>>
>>384509134
Emulators for it are poorly coded
>>
>>384510919
>Nintendo's emulator is only adjusted for games they officially re-release on VC.

Not exactly. You can inject ROMs into WADs, and also the emulation software released for the Zelda collection for GC. It handles a number of games (that it wasn't designed for) surprisingly well, far better than any third-party emulators available.
>>
>try to emulate hybrid heaven and ogre battle
>one crashes every 4 minutes
>the other one turns into 240X420 during battle phase

I don't want to get them in the VC, I don't even know if they are in the VC
>>
>>384510994
Not that faggot, here. Younger me was a victim of my own boner for new hotness. I fell for the trade-in meme as a mere boy
>>
>>384510994
>not having dick parents that made you give up your old consoles when you wanted a new one.
>>
>>384510994
Mine got torched after a house fire.
>>
>>384509309
/thread
Pisses me off how many great games are damn near unplayable on the emulators. Meanwhile CEMU is making strides emulating a console that sold like shit.
>>
File: sad pepe.jpg (23KB, 385x385px)
sad pepe.jpg
23KB, 385x385px
>>384509134
i'd buy it but i'm from the UK and the games on that system would run at 50hz
>>
>>384512579
What, like 2 games?
>>
>>384510221
I actually know the guy who made that hack
>>
>>384509134
>There's only a handful that don't work properly.

>HAHAHAA
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.